Page 61 of 701 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 17515

Thread: Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Evolution-3? Sounds OK to me. Why are you lot moaning?
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDillon96 View Post
    Those graphics couldn't've even been imagined back then.
    I don't mean the graphics...I mean the full-fledged cities and such.

Couldn't "Evolution-3" just be a reference to a 3 stage evolution or something like that? It might not be anything particularly interesting at all.
    "Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark."

I will be dissapointed if nothing new is revealed but screenshots... I want pokemon!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

i swear if this evolution 3 crap is what i think it is. it will end up ruining the whole series. Machamp, Alakazam and other 3 stagers should not and will not evolve.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

maybe the starters will have a 3rd stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Hey guys...
    Some people on some other forums (like Smogon) have noticed some of the Japanese text says something to the effect of "Evolution-3".

...what that implies frightens me.
    Four stages? Uh-oh. People are not gonna like that.
    life is inaggerated.

The only thing I wish is that we had gotten a clearer look at the new boy. The girl having a ponytail is a nice touch imo. But them having baseball caps seems strange to me.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

All in all, I say what I say now, but I garauntee, in 2 or so years when we're all well into Black n' White, we'll have gotten used to/able to tolerate/fallen madly in love with the new 3D graphics. Its basically the distortion world's system, except widescale. I mean people thought Diamond and Pearl looked terrible and I'm pretty sure we all love the 4th gen, I do!

But what I'm really worried about is the obsolete factor. When Black and White come out, Diamond, Platinum, Pearl, HeartGold, AND Soulsilver will all become forgotten provided Black and White doesn't have a proper importation feature. Which is why they would have been better on the 3DS, but that's another story. First of all, I intend to play DPPt - HGSS loooooooooooooooooong after 5th generation is released. There's something...I don't know...special about the 4th gen games. They're unique. They have managed to enclose the Pokemon world into a comfortable setting established by 5 games. And I'd hate to see that just thrown away by 5th gen.

Although, I do like the designs...if Zoroark (name spelt wrong?) is any indicator, the new Pokemon will take less getting used to then DPPt did, maybe because it seems like the new Pokemon are more of an extension to the 4th gen than a whole seperate one, anyone else feel that way too? Just something about the designs of the Pokemon, the Sugimori art, coloring, I don't know what, that makes them clearly distinct (no less loveable! ) than 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Poke's.

I fail to see how a third evolution would negatively impact these games at all.

It's not like Charizard is going to get an evolution. It'll likely affect only a couple new pokemon. And if some old pokemon get a 3rd evolution, how would it be any different than Rhydon getting a new evolution in the 4th gen? It's just another stage.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/wm0yld.png[/IMG]

The Evolution-3 thing you are talking about is just those circles with numbers, listing the improvements of the new games. They literally say 超進化(1,2,3...), which means "Super Evolution (1,2,3...). Again, just listing the improvements on the game. Nothing to be alarmed for.

I figured it was a matter of time before charizard blastoise and venusaur all get evos......i hope not though.

This is so exciting! All this new information. Okay:

1. YES! Full screen sprites. With shadows and perspective too! The attack that looks like Dark Pulse wraps so nicely around Zoroark.

2. The starting town looks basic as always. Not much to say there--what intrigues me is the structure on the right of it. Is it a bridge? A walkway over the city, like the underground path in HGSS? It doesn't look like a cycling road. So many possiblities.

3. A merger of the pokemart and pokecenter? That would be awesome and time saving. I LOVE the city in 3D. It's gorgeous! It finally makes you feel like your person is somewhere grand, in comparison to the tiny little hometown.

4. The cave is very sparking. Maybe they're Thunderstones? ( ^^ JK) I don't know about the ability thing though. I bet they're more for aesthetics.

5. The characters. Right now, I don't know how I feel about the guy. I think I'd need some character art on him before I make a judgement. The girl...ISN'T wearing a big poofy hat with overalls. From what I see there, I already like her better than Lyra. Baseball cap and ponytail? Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Nuckelavee View Post
    Couldn't "Evolution-3" just be a reference to a 3 stage evolution or something like that? It might not be anything particularly interesting at all.
    *comes back*

That's true. It could also mean that this gen is the 3rd evolution of the series. I don't feel so scared anymore.

*sip*
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

4-stages = digimon but hey i dont care wat happens i'm still gonna love this game hopefully i can import one of the versions for the first time
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Can someone explain to my how "Evolution-3" implies 4 stage evolutions? Wouldn't "Evolution-4" imply that? To me it just sounds like a reference to a 3rd stage pokemon as in 2nd stage evolved into 3rd stage.
    "Two players, two sides. One is light, one is dark."

Ok, the BIG EVOLUTION 1 2 and 3 refers to the new graphics updates and battle system. Like for example it says BIG EVOLUTION (step forward) 1! Look at the Pokemon Center!! BIG EVOLUTION 3! The battle system etc.

None of the information is really informative it says on the cave screen for example "What kind of pokemon will come out of the cave?"

Quote Originally Posted by Amphar0s View Post
    So much hate for making it more 3D. If anything, this is probably what the creator of Pokemon envisioned when he first came up with it.
    Yes and it's really annoying seeing all the posts that say "I don't like the 3D, it's stupid, Pokemon was better before, blah blah blah". Although it should be expected that people would complain, people always find a reason to complain.

It's their personal opinion though, and just because they are saying it, doesn't mean it's true.

I find it really pointless to complain about stuff like this, I doubt anyone who is complaining here isn't going to buy the game. There will probably only be a few people in the world who wont buy it because they don't like the 3D.

People complaining about stuff like this don't seem to realize that complaining wont change the game to your liking. The only way they would change the future games is if alot of people don't like it, I doubt they care what a few people think.

That being said, I'm not crazy about the 3D but I don't really care about graphics when playing a game, I don't take the time to notice it(Unless it's obviously noticeably nice or bad). I can see the difference between the games but I don't prefer either graphics over the other(I'm just glad it's not the same kind of graphics from the first two generations since those were pretty bad(In today's standards)).

As for the names, I don't see why racial issues would arise. Black and White are just names for colors/shades/whatever you want to call them. If racial issues do arise then I'll have my palm on my face and shaking my head for the rest of my life, because not much can top that fail. Other then that, the names did come as a surprise since I like many were expecting some kind of bigger and better gemstone or something better then a gemstone all together. Although Black and White for the names is still good, and I enjoy getting a shock(Which is rare) so I like it even more.

Hey guys...
    Some people on some other forums (like Smogon) have noticed some of the Japanese text says something to the effect of "Evolution-3".

Before this gets out of hand, that is NOT what it implies at all!! This does not mean an extra stage on evolution chains but rather is refering to the evolution of the graphics!!!!! That is All!!!

Edit: oh jeez beaten again! I officially </3 internet lag!!!
    Last edited by Adz; 10th April 2010 at 7:20 PM.

Hey, somebody over at Bulbagarden forums got this sprite from the scans. Thought you guys might be interested.

Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    2) The second picture:
    - I like the new 3D effects and the new perspective. It gives more depth to the game and makes it feel a little more interactive.
    - The new male character needs a hair cut.
    - Adding to that, looks like no character customization. Oh well... :/
    - I like how realistic the bridge looks
    His hair is cool! D:<

Also, there's nothing indicating that there is not character customization. : / With games that usually have customization, the promo images usually have the standard outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK
    3) Third Picture (the zoomed in one of the cave):
    - I like how the cave looks more natural. The sparks and glow from the rocks is a nice touch. Possibly a way to accommodate Probopass and Magneton?
    That'd be cool. Though I don't quite know if it's gravitational fields yet (although that does seem very likely).

Quote Originally Posted by DBK
    - The speech bubble is an interesting touch. I wonder if the main character gets one?
    No. No. No. No. NO.

That will ruin everything. I'd hate that the most--if your character started talking. One of the biggest charms of the Pokemon main series is that you can immerse yourself in the game, and the silent protagonist allows that. If the protagonist actually says things, that ability to be immersed is ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Adz View Post
    COUGH ...HM magnet rise!!! COUGH

Or like an overworld functioning magnet rise!! (like flash or headbutt)
    because it seems like you can walk under them?
    I would adore that.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRenegade View Post
    The whole cave rocks anti-gravity thing is most likely an idicator to telkenesis, used by a legendary, particularly the White version legend. It'd be psychic I imagine.
    No way of really telling yet. Could be telekinesis, could just be freaky gravitational fields, could be radiation, could be a special energy (or, God forbid, aura *gasp*).

Quote Originally Posted by Amphar0s View Post
    So much hate for making it more 3D. If anything, this is probably what the creator of Pokemon envisioned when he first came up with it.
    It's because the beloved nostalgia is gone.

Hey guys...

I don't think I'd like that. I suppose I'd get used to it, but a 3rd-Stage evolution would probably suck. It'd be tolerable only if it's for a specific Pokemon or something.

A good way to present it would be with Porygon. It's man-made--make a 3rd Stage seem to be more artificial than something that can happen to any Pokemon. That'd be fine.

the cave looks like it'll be the power plant of 5th gen. (A.k.a. the home of electric pokemon)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

So her hair was black well I was wrong on both.
    Pokemon Wi fi:3094-4966-5695
    Eevee breeder.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Nuckelavee View Post
    Can someone explain to my how "Evolution-3" implies 4 stage evolutions? Wouldn't "Evolution-4" imply that? To me it just sounds like a reference to a 3rd stage pokemon as in 2nd stage evolved into 3rd stage.
    Because "Evolution-3" would imply "evolve three times." To get to Walrein, Spheal evolves only two times; Spheal itself is counted as one of the three forms.
    life is inaggerated.

What I hope is that they focus on new pokemon this time around. I feel that we didn't get much in the way of new pokemon 4th gen, really. It'd be nice if they would throw out 150 new ones like the original red and blue since they are going back to simple colors. Just a thought? And maybe not so many pre gen evos. I'm looking forward to the mascots. Maybe the mascots will be the starters just like they were in red and blue? That'd be cool.

And tbh, so what if they come out with 4 stage evo pokemon? Game freak makes lots of exceptions. Evee has a ton of different evolutions, manaphy was a legendary that could breed, etc. Rules were brokes last gen and no one complained too much. I don't see what anyone has to lose by a 4 stage pokemon. Plus even if it was introduced, I doubt it would be widespread. Its not like they are going to be giving 4 stage evos to pokemon all across this gen and make the previous generations weaker by comparison. Please think.

Page 61 of 701 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast