Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dokun Region

Default Dokun Region

Hay!

I recently started drawing again and I decided to make my own Pokémon Generation!
    I'm still working on the region map, but it will be finished soon.
    Anyway, here are the ones I've already uploaded on DeviantArt.

This is my DeviantArt page: http://mrrandell.deviantart.com/

NEW

Last edited by MrRandell; 28th April 2010 at 10:19 PM.

Wow those are done really well and the shading is perfect. Just one thing, the Hedgehot looks a lot like Cyndaquil but besides that they are great. I can't wait to see more.

These are very clean, but they all do kind of resemble already-existing pokémon. Either way, you've pulled off the Sugimori style pretty well.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo!
    So little time! So much to know!

Fizzy Bubbles

Like the above poster, I have to complain that they're almost all simply understudies of existing Pokemon, however cleanly or neatly drawn they are.

One thing, though- your idea for Phantic's eyes was absolutely brilliant and unique. You could do loads better if you continue to come up with such creative and original ideas.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Thanks for the honoust comments ^^
    I don't think a lemur has been done before?

Lemide

It has got kinda the same concept as Soutrich, with the bush and stuff. Anyway, it's not the way I wanted it to be, so I might still change him.

C ya!
    Last edited by MrRandell; 13th June 2009 at 9:37 PM.

i liked hedgehot it looked so cute!
    Yes visit it and i made the banner

I'm more active on bulbagarden than here.

I agree with the other posters. They look awfully familiar but they're drawn so well. Make more

Wow those look really awesome! you did a great job on them; they defiantly look like new Pokemon thats for sure. I really like how you did the shading, very well done indeed.

Keep up the good work! I hope I'll be able to see more sometime ^^.

These are so cute~! :3 The lines are so smooth~ and so is the shading~ The designs are nice and interesting too~ :3
    Hope to see more~!

Wow, these really are very nice. I dislike how the fire starter's shiny form looks exactly like Cyndaquil. I also dislike how Pawblun and look practically the same Pawranch design wise. :c Pose wise of course they are different. The others looks quite nice in my opinion.

Those are incredible!
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/
    My site. Join, please.
    O o
    /Ż/___________________________ ___________
    | BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG GGHHH!!!!
    \_\ŻŻ
    Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonloverXD View Post
    No law can stop me, I'd still play it even when they catch me and execute me. I'd rather die while playing a Pokemon game than live with no Pokemon games to play :P
    SPP Wife: ~Team_Mudkiepz~ <3

They are not bad but like previously stated, some look similar to existing pokemon. Exspecially your fire starter. But great work none the less; love the lemur!
    Dance, Water, Dance!

Undoubtedly the mole pokemon are the best. And I disagree to those saying they resemble pokemon that have been already made. I think these are quite unique and really nicely done. Can't wait to see more.

Thank you all. I'll be keeping your advices in mind.

But here's an other one, an evolution of Mantine!
    Hope you like it as much as I do ^^

Mantill

Next will be:
    2 theatre Pokémon
    Smoochum alternative evolution
    Last edited by MrRandell; 13th June 2009 at 9:33 PM.

Well, they're amazing, but I have a bit of a problem with the Mantill's info. The whole part about krill, seeing as the pokemon doesn't have any actual animals, 'cause pokemon are the replacement of animals... but, meh. Me luv 'em ^_^

See Ya Later!
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
    Well, they're amazing, but I have a bit of a problem with the Mantill's info. The whole part about krill, seeing as the pokemon doesn't have any actual animals, 'cause pokemon are the replacement of animals... but, meh. Me luv 'em ^_^

See Ya Later!
    MAybe I'll make a krill Pokémon then =p

Me thinks you are doing a very good job at making Sugimori - esque drawings. The only problem is that quite a few of your Fakemon look strikingly similar. Mantill has the same type as Mantine, tail and body. It even has a similar name! People have already mentioned about Hedgehot, but also Soutrich looks a lot like Doduo.

MrRandell, your artwork is so good, please don't ruin it by creating unoriginal Pokemon. It's okay to borrow features from real Pokemon but not just change a couple of features and colors of existing Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post
    Me thinks you are doing a very good job at making Sugimori - esque drawings. The only problem is that quite a few of your Fakemon look strikingly similar. Mantill has the same type as Mantine, tail and body. It even has a similar name! People have already mentioned about Hedgehot, but also Soutrich looks a lot like Doduo.
    Well, Mantill is a supposedly evolved form of Mantine, so obviously there are resemblances. That's sort of the point is not it.
    And who said we can't have different pokemon based on the same species of animal? There have been quite a few dogs, cats and even different snakes. What's wrong with ostriches? When they themselves have made Dodrio and Altaria...............

whoa. these are great
    cant wait to see more.
    keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post

MrRandell, your artwork is so good, please don't ruin it by creating unoriginal Pokemon. It's okay to borrow features from real Pokemon but not just change a couple of features and colors of existing Pokemon.
    I'm really getting tired of people coming in here and saying the pokemon aren't creative when it has been mentioned 10 times already. My favorite is easily Mantill due to its trueness to the simpleness of pokemon design.

In response the quote above, I sure would like to know what mantine you're looking at. The tail, is not only differently designed, but has two parts to it now, the attenae on its head are different color/position, gills switched out for the red dots, different eye and mouth structure, and to top it off he added the two smaller attenae near the mouth. So yeah, not seeing the similarities that you are.

Please keep up the good work, as far as originality you are headed in the correct direction between Mantill and Lemide. Make sure you edit your first post with the new ones also, because some lazy people wouldn't look at some of the cooler new ones. Lastly I was wondering if I could make a sprite of Mantill? Just because I have been looking to make a scratch sprite of something for a while now, and I just love the design of it so much.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    What's wrong with ostriches? When they themselves have made Dodrio and Altaria...............
    Wrong. Altaria are based off Dragons and Budgies/Parakeets. They are NOT based upon Flightless bird species.

There's the other fact there are other flightless birds you could use, a parrot, Emu's, Rea's, ancient birds..

And Mantill does look to much like Mantine, and it makes no sense for what you made it evolve into. What something as big as a whale? For what reason? Mantine are based off of the rays that live in austrilia, I forget their names but they're the BIG ones. They're the BIGGEST ones ever. It feels like you just made Mantine to try and be a 'whale and lapras' replacement. You also need to seriously work on the detailing.

Kingdridra- there ARE other animals in the pokemon world. Maybe none that we see as it's about POKEMON not existing animals, but it hints at creatures like bugs and etc live. And fish. So Krill would exist as they are basically tiny shrimp. As would plankton as it's made up of tiny organisms.

The other thing is your pokemon don't really look, like pokemon. The Hedgehog looks nothing like one, but instead a Cyndaquil ripoff. The 'moonfish' looks more like a slice of cheese with how it's colored :/

Soustrich is to much like Doduo, partly the build, partly the body, maybe if you made the body look more like a bush, and put a bit more detail into the head/neck, maybe make it look like soil or pebbled cover skin or something.

And for the Earthworm, they wouldn't navigate with sound waves, vibrations possibly but not sound waves unless you made them able to have some sort of natural sonar like bats.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    I'm really getting tired of people coming in here and saying the pokemon aren't creative when it has been mentioned 10 times already. My favorite is easily Mantill due to its trueness to the simpleness of pokemon design.

In response the quote above, I sure would like to know what mantine you're looking at. The tail, is not only differently designed, but has two parts to it now, the attenae on its head are different color/position, gills switched out for the red dots, different eye and mouth structure, and to top it off he added the two smaller attenae near the mouth. So yeah, not seeing the similarities that you are.

Please keep up the good work, as far as originality you are headed in the correct direction between Mantill and Lemide. Make sure you edit your first post with the new ones also, because some lazy people wouldn't look at some of the cooler new ones. Lastly I was wondering if I could make a sprite of Mantill? Just because I have been looking to make a scratch sprite of something for a while now, and I just love the design of it so much.
    Sure, I'd be honourd ^^
    And thanks for the responses!
    Really appreciate it!

NIce job with colour scheme and shading. But that Phantic looks like a piece of cheese!

Cheese fish!
    Last edited by Killer_Squirtle; 21st June 2009 at 4:12 PM.

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

Hey there!
    I made the theatre Pokémon I was talking about, but they didn't turn out as I hoped they would.
    So they will propably be redone.
    Thats why I did the same dex entries for both.

Maskad
    Maskoy

Smoochum alternate evo has to wait, becuse I drew my best fakemon evo line ever while I was studying! I hope they turn out well when I redraw them in Photshop. They're based on a St. Bernard.

Bye!

Those look similar to existing Pokemon.

Phantic; I love this one. I would like to see more, too. Keep it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast