Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With the Easiest of Grace! (640)

I thought this was a great episode. It was great to see Dawn struggling with Togekiss and then she eventually gets it. I thought it was awesome to see Togekiss send Draco Meteor back at Gible and Gible still survived! I love episodes where it has a classical main cast VS Team Rocket match and where Team Rocket is actually doing good. It was also nice to see Brock's Sudowoodo for once. Thus far, I think this episode is my favorite of the season.
    10/10 (I've given a lot of Season 13 Episodes 10/10's!)

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Togekiss, while too slow in performing its moves, has just shown much how of a badarse it really it. One problem about it is the fact that it knows Sky Attack, which doesn't mix due to its poor Base Attack unless it has the Hustle ability. Now I wish for it to face a Rhyperior.

It's a great episode. Dawn learns how to use Togekiss in battle. And Togekiss has neat battle skills.

This episode wasn't particularly special, but I still liked it. I like Togekiss a lot in the Japanese version, so it was nice to see it show off its skills in the English. So now Dawn is officially ready for the Grand Festival and we'll just have to sit through one more filler until it begins.

This episode was good. I found it funny when TR got flooded out of their hole.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This episode was good. I found it funny when TR got flooded out of their hole.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I personally wasn't that much fascinated by the episode.
    I hate the term "filler" because I consider it as somewhat derogatory, but this time the term does justice to the episode.
    Besides the good battle between my much-admired Gible and Togekiss and the undoubtedly great air battle, there was nothing spectacular or exciting in this episode. On the contrary, I dare say that it even proved that Ash and co. can sometimes be pretty slow on the uptake..
    Let's do some straight talking: What was the point of this week's episode? The conclusion that Dawn drew at the end (figuring out the meaning of Togekiss' graceful movements and how to use the latter in a battle effectively) were so obvious that the very same conclusion could have been drawn after a few seconds in the battles against Gible at the beginning. COME ON, TWERPS!!! That's what angers me, because our heroes are often shown to be so smart and creative and today it took them one entire episode to figure out the obvious?
    I'd like to call this "writers' inconsistency at its best" (once again...hdear: thank you, writers)
    Lucian would have figured that out in less than a second, as shown in "An Elite Meet And Greet". (And honestly, so would have done every skilled trainer a few moments later) Therefore, I'm slowly but surely starting to demand a Pokemon Anime revolving around the Elite Four and Cynthia exclusively (I'd do almost everything for that) :thumbup:

Yeah, as I already said, besides the two battles there was nothing to get excited about, thus only

6 out of 10 points.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I thought it was a very nice ep. I enjoyed that battle between Togekiss and Yanmega, it was pretty good, also I loved how Togekiss acted just like a mother or sister, it was so cute. Anyway: 7/10
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

I don't know why but I find Togekiss to be really annoying. The aerial battle was really good and was the best part of the episode in my opinon.

Not too bad I liked episodes that show Team rocket doing ok in battles.. ones that make them somewhat a threat instead of the typical one shot from TR, then ash retaliates and they go blasting off.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

As soon as Dawn got her Togekiss from Salvia, she wasted no time in breaking it in today. Unfortunately, the Togekiss is a tad spoiled from being raised like royalty, seeing that it shows off its style & grace. Thankfully, they all took out their frustrations on TR, which I like nothing more.

Another sad thing is that it's the only thing that happened here, & it's not important.

For those that don't know me that well, any episode that had nothing particularly important happen = a filler, & a filler episode = unworthy of my time & my precious lead!

That's all to be had here...

I wonder why Ash didn't bring out Staraptor to Air Battle w/ Togekiss.

It was an ok episode good to introduce Togekiss and for it to have a practise battle but apart from that it wasnt that exciting still I supose you have to have fillers before the Grand Festval. I loled when they still think Dawn "Stole" Togekiss though haha

The episode was ok IMO. Nothing all that good about it. I did like how Togekiss got on Gible for hitting Piplup with Draco Meteor.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

This episode was meh! Nothing too interesting. Togekiss should lighten up in my opinion. It shouldn't have scolded Gible for its Draco Meteor hitting Piplup. Piplup abuse is always interesting to watch =)

Lackluster story + Piplup abuse + standing up for Piplup = 3.5/10
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

Togekiss is like a princess itself.... but it certainly has to improve its battling skills

Verdict on the series so far: 15 episodes and this is the third filler. Am I really watching Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors? Wow.
    -We begin in a huge clearing. Is this our first sight of pokedeforestation?
    -Togekiss has somehow shrunk to 3-4 feet tall.
    -Clearly everyone was kneeling in that episode last week. It's a friggin' midget.
    -Blah, Bah, Blah
    -Battle between Gible and Togekiss!
    -Togekiss is too graceful? This is a DISASTER!
    -Togekiss: I don't know the meaning of the word "battle".
    Dawn: Would you like to borrow my dictionary?
    -Gible is quite the resiliant one no? It took many attacks here.
    -Draco Meteor! Cue Piplup abuse stage right: aaaaand action!
    -It's coming down hard and fast. This is gonna hurt...
    -Togekiss saved Piplup...is this the end of the running gag.
    -I must note Gible's many expressions this ep. It's previously been so uniform in pose.
    -Togekiss flies around. Blah, Blah TR fail Blah, Blah.
    -TR try and get tohekiss blah, blah.
    -Ooh, a sky battle Togekiss vs. Yanmega. Interesting indeed.
    -This battle was actually really good. I haven't seen this quality of battle since the LyraKhoury double battle.
    -Then were back to a generic sunset ending where everything is right in the world.
    -It's official. When Brock announces 'we'll be at (insert place here) we'll get there in the next ep. Remember the episode before Dawn's second to last contest. Brocko's there. Sunyshore? Brock again. Hopefully this pattern continues.
    -Oh, and announcer man. Rather than state a goal that will come in 5-30 episodes time actually say something that will happen next ep.

Can't wait for the GF and wish for epic battles and inventive and ingenuitive appeals. Bring it on.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 25th January 2011 at 8:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Looks like as long as we have Togekiss around, Piplup dosen't need to worry about getting hit with Draco Meteor it seems.

The way Ash's Gible behaves, I really can't wait for it to evolve in to a Gabite. A Gabite acting that way is going to be hilarious to watch! Let's hope It'll master Draco Meteor by then.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Im pretty excited about this episode, which is being shown today in Canada, on YTV! It's gonna be a great episode, due to the comments made above, and the pages before....
    I did watch the episode where Dawn is given the Togekiss, so Im pretty caught up on what is happening

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

This episode was alright. It was funny when Togekiss bashed Gible for failing Draco Meteor. Togekiss actually protected Piplup when Draco Meteor failed. Togekiss vs Yanmega was a good battle. TR gave Dawn a great battle for a change. Togekiss won and blasted off TR. Dawn's new Togekiss is very strong. At 1st Togekiss wasn't used to Dawn and battling, but eventually they became in sync. Togekiss was focused more on doing the moves with grace. Interesting how Togekiss could sense all the anxiety Dawn was feeling.

40/100
    Last edited by G50; 30th April 2011 at 9:59 AM.

Togekiss is cute, reminds me of Misty's togetic...im glad Dawn got it...since its a strong Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

An OK episode but to be honest it was boring in parts. It was lovely to see Togekiss in battle and the way it protected Piplup and then told off Gible was adorable :3 Togekiss is sure to be a threat at the Grand Festival!
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I liked this episode. Gible finally gets the well-deserved spanking he needed for his hitting Piplup (I love Gible, but that gag was painful), Togekiss is adorable when it's acting like it's in a contest, and I like when Dawn finally gets through to it and it toughens up. Great episode.

8/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12