Thread: Tricky Stuff - The team with the long title that doesn't fit becase of the char. limi

Default Tricky Stuff - The team with the long title that doesn't fit becase of the char. limi

This is a Semi CRMT.

This is a trick room team. The amazing thing about trick room teams is that you can make a bunch of pokemon you would never use competitively viable. In this team, I have managed to incorporate three NFEs that aren't outclassed at what they do (although admittedly Porygon2 probably doesn't count). Anyway, plz rmt my team bcoz i m a noob at competetive.

Crobat@Leftovers
    Jolly
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    -Taunt
    -Hypnosis
    -Roost
    -U-Turn

I needed a fast anti-lead, and something that could give me some free turns mid-late game to set up Trick Room again so I chose Crobat.

Metagross@Leftovers
    Brave
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    -Trick Room
    -Iron Head
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

Trick Room setter #1. Gets decent synergy with the rest of my team, and is also a fast, reliable Physical Sweeper.

Porygon2@Leftovers
    Quiet
    252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 SpD
    -Trick Room
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Trick Room setter #2. EVs are standard, swapped Def with SpD since Gross can set up on physical hits well enough.

Machamp@Choice Band/Life Orb
    Brave/Guts
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunderpunch
    -Sleep Talk

Status Absorber. This is a set of my own invention. Sleep Talk allows him to deal with sleep as well, and there's nothing better he could run in that slot anyway.

Trapinch@Life Orb
    Brave
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch
    -Return

lolololololol y r u using nfes noob. My trapper. The strategy behind him is to make my opponent WTF???? until he times out. He's like a more powerful Dugtrio, and almost all of my teams uses Dugtrio. Return hits Breloom for neutral damage.

Clamperl@DeepSeaTooth
    Quiet
    252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power Electric
    -Toxic

My special sweeper, with the highest legal base SpA in the game. Tears through everything with his offensive moves. Toxic is useful occasionally.

This is my first competitive team in a while, and I whipped it up in about 20 mins, so there are probably quite a few mistakes. Also, sorry for the unimaginative EV spreads and movesets, but I figured this team was gimmicky enough. EV help would be appreciated, though.
    Last edited by AlCario; 17th April 2010 at 4:05 AM.

Not to shabby Al, I like the team quite a bit.

Just a little nitpick here:

Return>Sub on Trapinch, I can see how it would be useful
    but If you're going to be playing him like 'Trio, he'll benefit
    more from the coverage.

Also, you may just want to run Rest>ThunderPunch + LO
    on Machamp. You'll notice the lack of power, but it's a
    much more reliable way to absorb status, and he'll have
    the freedom to switch attacks while not resting. I feel like
    he's just going to be hindered by the Band.

^Click it!^

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySnorlax View Post
    Return>Sub on Trapinch, I can see how it would be useful
    but If you're going to be playing him like 'Trio, he'll benefit
    more from the coverage.
    You're right, I'll change it now.

Also, you may just want to run Rest>ThunderPunch + LO
    on Machamp. You'll notice the lack of power, but it's a
    much more reliable way to absorb status, and he'll have
    the freedom to switch attacks while not resting. I feel like
    he's just going to be hindered by the Band.
    Hmm, I'm not sure about this. Machamp's role is to be a fast, hard hitting sweeper and Guts abuser, and ResTalk doesn't really fit in with Trick Room IMO.

Thanks for the rate

what is this is dont even

I'm not completely sure about CB Machamp with Sleep Talk. While he makes a good status absorber, because you're already locked into a move then you'll be forced to switch out. Also, when you wake up, you'll have to switch again as you're locked into Sleep Talk. I'd run Leftovers or Life Orb in its place, personally.

So yea, basically what GS already said.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueRabbit View Post
    what is this is dont even
    Wut.

I'm not completely sure about CB Machamp with Sleep Talk. While he makes a good status absorber, because you're already locked into a move then you'll be forced to switch out. Also, when you wake up, you'll have to switch again as you're locked into Sleep Talk. I'd run Leftovers or Life Orb in its place, personally.
    Well, CB users switch out a lot anyways. Still, now that I think about it, LO is a decent choice. I'll edit that in.

So yea, basically what GS already said.
    No problem.

Close Combat? Well I love the idea of Guts+Sleep but maybe Rest. Not over CC, but one of the Punches FTW
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Terry. T. View Post
    Close Combat? Well I love the idea of Guts+Sleep but maybe Rest. Not over CC, but one of the Punches FTW
    You know, why don't you just stab your eyes out and rot in a cinema for all eternity. That has already been said.

Anyone else? All advice not from Terry. T. will be considered.

This team is really cool Al, I love it.

That Metagross looks pretty familiar, lol
    On him, I'd say run Rock Slide over T-Punch so Mence doesn't laugh it up in his face.

Also, you've got one big weakness, but since it's uncommon you probably don't have to worry about it. It's one of the few OU Pokemon that can operate in TR with twin E-Punches, Focus Punch, and even carry a priority move. CBDusknoir. And before you laugh in my face, check Smogon. The usual CBNoir carries Trick, but it's possible to put an E-Punch over it for more offensive options. Again, not much to worry about.

Good luck with using this team
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    This team is really cool Al, I love it.
    Thanks

That Metagross looks pretty familiar, lol XD
    On him, I'd say run Rock Slide over T-Punch so Mence doesn't laugh it up in his face.
    Fair enough. Thunderpunch was mainly used for Bulky Waters, but I guess they aren't too problematic. However, I think I'll use Stone Edge to get the guaranteed 2HKOs on Gyara and Mence (factoring in Intimidate).

Also, you've got one big weakness, but since it's uncommon you probably don't have to worry about it. It's one of the few OU Pokemon that can operate in TR with twin E-Punches, Focus Punch, and even carry a priority move. CBDusknoir. And before you laugh in my face, check Smogon. The usual CBNoir carries Trick, but it's possible to put an E-Punch over it for more offensive options. Again, not much to worry about.
    I don't think I've seen a CB Noir in my life, lol. I'll keep an eye out for him all the same.

Good luck with using this team
    Thanks for the rate

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    Thanks
    Np

Fair enough. Thunderpunch was mainly used for Bulky Waters, but I guess they aren't too problematic. However, I think I'll use Stone Edge to get the guaranteed 2HKOs on Gyara and Mence (factoring in Intimidate).
    Metagross can't learn Stone Edge, it would be too much of a monster if it did. :/

I don't think I've seen a CB Noir in my life, lol. I'll keep an eye out for him all the same.
    I've only seen him b/c I used him once, lol.

Thanks for the rate
    It's the least I can do for you always rating mine, right?
    .:I reach out my hand and find you there:.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    Metagross can't learn Stone Edge, it would be too much of a monster if it did. :/
    What? Lame. Rock Slide it is, then.

I've only seen him b/c I used him once, lol.
    Lol. I'd laugh if one suddenly appeared and it swept my awsmoe team.

It's the least I can do for you always rating mine, right?
    I try to rate all the good teams I see.