Gyarados

Type:
    Ability:Intimidate
        Spoiler:- Gyarados:

Heatran

Type:
    Ability:Flash Fire
        Spoiler:- Heatran:
    Last edited by Rhys29; 12th May 2010 at 10:59 PM.
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

So far this looks very good and well written. Few grammatical errors that I could see, and most pokemon you listed had been accurately described and countered. I look forward to seeing the conclusion to this.
    If you think PINK COLOR is the most precious symbol of girls and women copy to your sign (start by Airi-Chan(

Default OU Threat List

Page One
    Page Two

Heracross

Type:
    Ability:Guts/Swarm
        Spoiler:- Heracross:

Hippowdon

Type:
    Ability:Sand Stream
        Spoiler:- Hippowdon:

Infernape

Type:
    Ability:Blaze
        Spoiler:- Infernape:

Jirachi

Type:
    Ability:Serene Grace
        Spoiler:- Jirachi:
    Last edited by Rhys29; 12th May 2010 at 10:52 PM.

This should be a sticky
    Haven't touched a Pokémon game in over a year. Played Pokémon White and that was it.

Generation 5 hater. I'll stick with the Gen 4.

Started playing Heart Gold again - as of june 24th, 2012. Currently SRing for a starter.

Lost all saves in every pokemon game. Except for White. Countless hours of shiny-hunting; gone. Over 30 shinies; gone.

Wish me luck on my quest for shiny Pokémon!

I want to become a YT-Gamer, any tips are welcome.

I agree, this is very comprehensive and it'll help with both creating and rating teams for the OU metagame. My compliments!
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

Just pointing out a couple of things.
    Gyarados can be used as a lead, even if it does not stand out as one of it's most useful sets nor one of the most useful leads.
    As for dusknoir, adding heatran to the counters list is not the wisest choice, only those who carry shuca berry are good counters, since EQ is the most used move for him. Same goes to houndoom.
    Gengar, is also a good lead, even tough since hypnosis' accuracy being lower, it has lost part of its effectiveness.
    Dragonite is not that bad as a lead, it's one incredible anti lead. You pointed azelf can explode once it sets up SR, however, dragonite got ES, so he does not have the time to explode. He takes down swampert with DM, if he is against metagross, a simple variation in the EVs can change everything. Adding just 8 EVs into speed makes standart lead dragonite faster than standart lead metagross, so it is possible to 2HKO with EQ, and if it is not holding occa berry, OHKO with fire blast.
    I think thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono
    I actually find people who don't like the tiering system don't fully understand it.
    ^^Exactly^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drifblim25
    Abomasnow Lv100 @Icy Rock
    ^^Epic Win^^

Quote Originally Posted by pastel View Post
    Gyarados can be used as a lead, even if it does not stand out as one of it's most useful sets nor one of the most useful leads.
    So you're saying Gyarados is a bad lead. If I am to be as general as I can about each threat I have to cover a little bit but not all of it. Since you agree that it is not only poorly suited to lead but it is also a bad lead set, then there is no point bringing it up. Every Pokemon in OU can lead, I don't see the point of listing all of them when those who do it exceptionally better are more common and thus deserve to be mentioned as a threat. The lead %'s are so widespread I find little use in going over each possible candidate who can lead.
    As for dusknoir, adding heatran to the counters list is not the wisest choice, only those who carry shuca berry are good counters, since EQ is the most used move for him. Same goes to houndoom.
    Earthquake is used on 37% of all Dusknoir, being used about as much as Shadow Sneak, which pales in comparison to Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split, both which reside in the low 70's. Simply put, Earthquake is not Dusknoir's most used move. Seeing as how Will-O-Wisp is used on 71% of all sets and only 9% use the other dangerous move, Focus Punch, I wouldn't make the assumption Heatran and Houndoom aren't counter measures for dealing with Dusknoir.
    Gengar, is also a good lead, even tough since hypnosis' accuracy being lower, it has lost part of its effectiveness.
    See Gyarados. If it's not in the top 20 I don't see the need to list it as a lead threat.
    Dragonite is not that bad as a lead, it's one incredible anti lead. You pointed azelf can explode once it sets up SR, however, dragonite got ES, so he does not have the time to explode. He takes down swampert with DM, if he is against metagross, a simple variation in the EVs can change everything. Adding just 8 EVs into speed makes standart lead dragonite faster than standart lead metagross, so it is possible to 2HKO with EQ, and if it is not holding occa berry, OHKO with fire blast.
    I think thats all.
    First, I believe you mean the word 'standard' on several points in this argument. Second, please do tell me where I had listed Dragonite as a non-suitable anti-lead. It is between 15-20 in the most used leads and thus deserved a mention. Which I gave. Thirdly, I hope you realize 8 Speed Dragonite ties standard 8 Speed Metagross.

I have to consider you skimmed the post. Next time you have comments about the posts please PM me so we don't spam up this thread. If you find grammatical errors or find any misspellings please do the same.

I am glad you all think this is helpful. Though I am a bit tied up and will be for a little bit, I will keep adding a new threat (alphabetically of course) every once in a while.
    Last edited by Rhys29; 26th April 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Seems good so far, but I would remove the "lead" ratings. Seriously Dragonite, Forretress and Bronzong as "ONE" star leads? Dragonite absolutely rapes literally ALL leads with some combo of items and moves. Forretress sets up on Swampert, Skarmory, Metagross and wipes Aerodactyl out with Gyro Ball + Rapid Spin. Bronzong isn't the BEST, but does well against pretty much everything that lacks a STAB Fire move and even then it will survive one depending on its EVs and just set up Trick Room or whatever. It does sort of suck as a non lead, but isn't terrible at that either. Set up rocks and blow up. Maybe wall some things and kill Salamence too.

Your descriptions are fantastic, but I would "balance" the stars thing a little. Aerodactyl two star non-lead while Dusknoir only one star? Ok yeah Aerodactyl is a pretty solid Roost / Taunter in sand due to its ability to revenge kill and annihilate most Heatran but Dusknoir is a pretty decent tank. EQ / Ice Punch / Will-O-Wisp is pretty hard to switch in on. Heracross one star? Its not THAT bad of a Scarfer.

Eh mostly nitpicks. I'm not so sure Heatran is only a two star lead when Gliscor is a 4 when Gliscor has to U-turn out of most threats while running Taunt and then be forced to drop one of Stealth Rocks / Earthquake or Roost.

Well written guide. Keep at it!

Rhys was pointing out the usage. As a result, it is graded by formula, not opinion.
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

Join my new forum:

http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

Credit to J-Master!

Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

Quote Originally Posted by calze6 View Post
    Rhys was pointing out the usage. As a result, it is graded by formula, not opinion.
    Perhaps I should make that more clear, though I thought the section title of 'Usage' would say it enough. The star rating system is determined upon the threats current shoddy stats, not on how good the Pokemon actually is. This does a better job at preparing someone for the tier in my mind.
    Last edited by Rhys29; 27th April 2010 at 7:42 PM.

In which case its fine. IGNORE ME

Hi I´m not good at rating and all that sort of thing, but strongar has become pretty popular, and scizor, weavile, scarf ttar... fear at HP fire/focus blast because he has a sub. I´d suggest you to add in counters, dual screen jirachi/heatproof sassy bronzong, (I mean with a heavy investments) because 252hp/172spD zong takes ~45 % from HP fire (I cant beleive I´m calling it a counter)

Im also known as helios in Smogon

Woa. now I'm scared XD lol
    Magmar use...THUNDERPUNCH!

FC: 2148-8396-9960

I managed to nab a bit of time to work on this. A few updates: three more threats added and the rest of the guide has been updated with April's statistics.

Pastel!!!

You can post in succinct statements and correct english now!!!!!!!

Omgwtfbbq lulz ima get an infractionzorz bcos you can't handle my pro-ness

Looks like a very good guide Rhys, looks like you can't leave Pokemon alone, huh.
    Last edited by Wizard of 'Cos; 5th June 2010 at 1:33 PM.
    CLICK THIS LINK next 10 people to click will not only receive an informational brochure on the product but will also receive the ANTIDOTE.

Have a nice day

[img]http://i56.*******.com/2vtv82c.jpg[/img]

Credit for the awesome userbar goes to gingbino11!!!

Mmhmm....should help those wanting to make good OU teams...
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

i think suicune should be on this list. corcune sweeps if ur opp. doesnt have a water absorb poke, and the timid cune set is beast as well (;

So, my infernape is:
    Item: Expert Belt
    EV: 252 HP + ATK
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Flare Blitz
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

Should I have Earthquake in place for Swords Dance?
    SoulSilver FC: 0002 7677 7892
    Black FC: 4856 7522 7036

JZ's Tradeshop (coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by JZ2DLimit View Post
    So, my infernape is:
    Item: Expert Belt
    EV: 252 HP + ATK
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Flare Blitz
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

Should I have Earthquake in place for Swords Dance?
    Yes, yes you should.

All of them are so cute. I wish I would have them all.