Hey guys, many of you out there enjoy a little challenge while the play through of the Pokemon games. On serebii there is currently the scramble challenge, but if you are looking for something even more challenging and skillful, look here.
The Nuzlocke challenge was all started and created by one person, who records his adventures here. I first noticed this thread on another Pokemon Forum i am a member of and am currently in the middle of my own Nuzlocke challenge.
These are the only rules that are compulsory:
Nickname all Pokemon
Catch first Pokemon on each route
Faint = Death
Here are the rules you may obey throughout the storyline:
1. On each route/cave/town/tower/dungeon you may only catch one Pokemon and this Pokemon may MAY ONLY BE THE FIRST POKEMON you see!
2. If you don't have any Pokeballs to catch the first Pokemon you see, tough **** you arn't allowed to catch it.
3. If a Pokemon of yours faints in or out of battle YOU MUST RELEASE IT INSTANTLY AND NEVER USE IT AGAIN. Or you can put it in a box labeled 'Dead' as a memento or for post game/once you finish the challenge.
4. If your party is full and you catch a Pokemon, you may send it to your box as a backup, incase one of your Pokemon faints, it can be replaced (and insanely grinded).
5. For the hard outs, no using any items in or out of battle (and yes, that includes antidotes, this also includes hold items. You can still use Pokeballs but you must find them, not buy them). For the easy going people, you may use any items, but only those you find, you cannot buy any items from anywhere. You can choose whether you can use revives or not.
6. You MUST nickname all of your Pokemon to grow a bond with them. This will also break your heart when they die (hehehe).
7. If you wipe out (all party Pokemon faint) then you must release/put them in box.
8. If all of your Pokemon die, then you must start again, you lose!
9. If doing this on HG/SS, and a Pokemon is left on 1 health because it 'survived the poisoning' it is dead.
10. Have fun! Post your adventure in this thread, and even make comics to go with it if you wish!
11. You must have your battle change option set to set, not shift. This means you can't change out your Pokemon before your opponent does.
This challenge is meant to be harsh and fun at the same time. Try not to grind too much and make sure you don't just train your starter. Also, please post here whether you are taking the challenge or not, i want to know how everyone is doing. Please also post updates, with your current party, levels, boxed Pokemon, dead Pokemon and how far into the game you are.
Good luck to everyone taking the challenge and please post your updates especially if you are doing some comics. And any questions just post here and i'll get back to you. I've probably forgotten some stuff so i will edit this post soon. Good luck! (also mention what game you are playing on and what rules you are using. Just copy mine.)
Wow, im surprised no-one has posted here yet. This challenge is incredibly popular on other forums... alwell. Anyway, for people that at least look at this thread, read some of the comics at the link at the top of the page because personaly they are awesome