Thanks, Zorg. That makes more sense.

Current Pokemon

Eberle the Bulbasaur lvl 15
    Borat the Rattata lvl 13
    Mr. Rogers the Pidgey lvl 14
    Butters the Butterfree lvl 14
    Madonna the Jigglypuff lvl 13
    Spelunker the Geodude lvl 14

None have died so far. I am currently part way through mount moon. Just settled down to do some training. Will update later.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Just started on Leaf Green; first time I've ever tried this. I'm going to update this post with the changes to my team. By the way, for anyone who hasn't read the Nuzlocke comic - read it now, it's brilliant :P

Before entry to Viridian Forest
    Salamember (Charmander) - Lv.10
    Nibbles (Rattata) - Lv.6
    Talon (Pidgey) - Lv.5

After earning Boulder Badge
    Salamember (Charmeleon) - Lv.16
    Flutterby (Butterfree) - Lv.10
    Talon (Pidgey) - Lv.8
    Nibbles (Rattata) - Died Lv.6

Nibbles died during the gym battle with Brock. Although he wasn't serving much purpose in the team, he will be truly missed (Ok, so I used him as a sacrifice to save Salamember, but I was going to box Nibbles anyway). Oh, and I HATE poisoned status; I've nearly lost both Flutterby and Salamember because of it (getting to the centre with 1HP remaining is scary)

Upon entering Cerulean
    Salamember (Charmeleon) - Lv.19
    Flutterby (Butterfree) - Lv.15
    Talon (Pidgeotto) - Lv.18
    Minerelle (Geodude) - Lv.13

After earning Cascade Badge
    Salamember (Charmeleon) - Lv.19
    Flutterby (Butterfree) - Lv.19
    Talon (Pidgeotto) - Lv.19
    Minerelle (Geodude) - Lv.18
    Powerbella (Bellsprout) - Lv.19

After earning Thunder Badge
    Salamember (Charmeleon) - Lv.21
    Flutterby (Butterfree) - Lv.21
    Talon (Pidgeotto) - Lv.20
    Minerelle (Geodude) - Lv.23
    Powerbella (Weepinbell) - Lv.22
    Felix (Meowth) - Lv.21
    Last edited by Grassmen; 24th July 2010 at 5:49 PM.

I just caught Sandstorm, my Sandshrew, and it brought up a question. If one of my Pokemon dies, do I replace it with the next in line (Sandstorm) or do I have a choice?
    SoulSilver BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    I just caught Sandstorm, my Sandshrew, and it brought up a question. If one of my Pokemon dies, do I replace it with the next in line (Sandstorm) or do I have a choice?
    I'm not definite, but from what I gather, I think you're free to choose what you have in your team at any time

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmen View Post
    I'm not definite, but from what I gather, I think you're free to choose what you have in your team at any time
    Thanks Grassmen, I wasn't to sure. I think you're right, but I just wanted to check.

Now since I last posted. I've made quite a few upgrades. I've caught multiple pokemon, and multiple have evolved. And non have died yet!! (They have been remarkably close though.)

Current Pokemon

Party
    Eberle the Ivysaur
    Borat the Raticate
    Mr. Rogers the Pidgeotto
    Butters the Butterfree
    Madonna the Wigglytuff (Actually male. Did not realize until after I caught it, and now the nick is stuck with me.)
    Spelunker the Geodude

Storage
    Sandstorm the Sandshrew
    Liberty the Bellsprout
    Lightyear the Weedle
    Catmint the Meowth
    Digdogger the Dugtrio (Gave me tons of trouble. Almost Killed Mr. Rogers and Butters.)
    Dreams the Drowzee

Think I'm gonna train some of my reserves (except Digdogger, he's easiliy my highest leveled pokemon at 29.)
    SoulSilver BQ

I am going to start the challenge (The comic convinced me)

So far (Its pearl)
    Name:Charles
    Team:
    Sam the Chimchar lv5 Serious

(Does Mt.Coronet count as a single area?)

Doing it on Ruby (Name still Charles)

Current Team:

Josh the Mudkip lv 5
    Last edited by Sigh!; 25th July 2010 at 10:31 AM.
    II

A fantastic battle royale between 12 pokemon!
    Will you be the next Ultimate Rumbler?!?!

Completely forgot about this. Starting a Ruby Challenge as I type this. Update to follow shortly.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

So far

Entering route 103
    Josh lv 6

Leaving to Littleroot
    Josh lv 7

Returning to Route 103
    Josh lv7
    Jean the Poochyena lv4 has joined ;D

Going to route 102
    Josh lv7
    Jean lv5
    II

Continuing on from my last post (It's going to get so long otherwise :P )

Upon Entering Lavender Town
    Salamember (Charmeleon) - Lv.24
    Minerelle (Graveler) - Lv.26
    Felix (Persian) - Lv.28
    Flutterby (Butterfree) - Lv.24
    Powerbella (Weepinbell) - Lv.23
    Talon (Pidgeotto) - Lv.20

- Powerbella and Talon are sort of being phased out of the team because they're not proving so useful. Hopefully any new captures will be useful; unfortunately, I've got a shortage of pokeballs, AND I keep encountering the same pokemon in routes, so I'm not really able to catch anything beneficial

Oh, and I'd forgotten how creepy the music in Lavender Town is...
    Last edited by Grassmen; 25th July 2010 at 11:53 AM.

Ok, started pretty auspiciously, chose mudkip (named Kipz) and did all the intro stuff. Upon arriving at route 102, I entered the first patch of grass hoping for a ralts. It, however, turned out to be a seedot. Ok, I guess it could be worse, I thought to myself. I was right. With just under half it's life left, I chucked a pokeball. That didn't work, so I thought one more tackle would do the trick. Of course with my luck, that tackle was a critical hit that KO'd Seedot. Needless to say this challenge had not started off on the right foot.

It has gotten much better since then, though. I skipped all the trainers that I could, saving them for later, and worked my way to route 104, where I caught Ashe the Zigzagoon, and Petalburg Woods, where I caught Myco the Shroomish. As of now I'm currently training them up on the trainers I avoided. Petalburg Woods scares the crap out of me right now, and I think I'll avoid the trainers for now, for fear of being poisoned that far from a Center.

My restrictions are no items at all. That means no potions, no status healers, no berries, no hold items. I was going to let myself buy pokeballs, but then I remembered that zigzagoon can get ultra balls via pickup, so that will be my only way of acquiring balls. Yup, I said it.

My team:
    Kipz lvl 10
    Gentle
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud Slap
    -Water Gun

Ashe lvl 8
    Timid
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Tail Whip

Myco lvl 8
    Sassy
    -Absorb
    -Tackle
    -Stun Spore

I also have a couple questions. Is there some sort of species clause? Like it's possible that you may get a wurmple or zigzagoon in each of your first 3 opportunities, would you only be able to catch one, or multiple? Also, since route 104 is split by Petalburg Woods, are they considered two catch opportunities or just one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    Ok, started pretty auspiciously, chose mudkip (named Kipz) and did all the intro stuff. Upon arriving at route 102, I entered the first patch of grass hoping for a ralts. It, however, turned out to be a seedot. Ok, I guess it could be worse, I thought to myself. I was right. With just under half it's life left, I chucked a pokeball. That didn't work, so I thought one more tackle would do the trick. Of course with my luck, that tackle was a critical hit that KO'd Seedot. Needless to say this challenge had not started off on the right foot.

It has gotten much better since then, though. I skipped all the trainers that I could, saving them for later, and worked my way to route 104, where I caught Ashe the Zigzagoon, and Petalburg Woods, where I caught Myco the Shroomish. As of now I'm currently training them up on the trainers I avoided. Petalburg Woods scares the crap out of me right now, and I think I'll avoid the trainers for now, for fear of being poisoned that far from a Center.

My restrictions are no items at all. That means no potions, no status healers, no berries, no hold items. I was going to let myself buy pokeballs, but then I remembered that zigzagoon can get ultra balls via pickup, so that will be my only way of acquiring balls. Yup, I said it.

My team:
    Kipz lvl 10
    Gentle
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud Slap
    -Water Gun

Ashe lvl 8
    Timid
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Tail Whip

Myco lvl 8
    Sassy
    -Absorb
    -Tackle
    -Stun Spore

I also have a couple questions. Is there some sort of species clause? Like it's possible that you may get a wurmple or zigzagoon in each of your first 3 opportunities, would you only be able to catch one, or multiple? Also, since route 104 is split by Petalburg Woods, are they considered two catch opportunities or just one?
    Wow, do you mean not even ones you find? I've only been using items I find, and I'm only allowed to use them in battle, but I would have lost quite a few of my LG team if I wasn't able to use healing items at all! Oh, and good luck with Petalburg Woods; Viridian was a massive pain - I officially hate Weedle >.<

As far as I know, there isnt a species clause at all, so you can catch multiple Wurmple if you wanted. And I'd count it as just the one capture allowed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmen View Post
    Wow, do you mean not even ones you find? I've only been using items I find, and I'm only allowed to use them in battle, but I would have lost quite a few of my LG team if I wasn't able to use healing items at all! Oh, and good luck with Petalburg Woods; Viridian was a massive pain - I officially hate Weedle >.<

As far as I know, there isnt a species clause at all, so you can catch multiple Wurmple if you wanted. And I'd count it as just the one capture allowed myself.
    The only items I'm allowing myself are the pokeballs I started out with and any ultra balls I find with pick up. It isn't really that hard, you just have to be a little bit more cautious, and level up a little more. On my normal playthroughs I usually don't need potions/revives until the E4, so as long as my poke's are at the right level and have the right matchup, I'll be fine.

I agree. Poisoning is the bane of the nuzlocke challenge. One of the main reasons I started with Eberle (My Ivysaur.)

Not much new on my team front. Just trained up a few of my reserves and swapped Borat for Dreams in my main party currently.

Party
    Eberle the Ivysaur
    Mr. Rogers the Pidgeotto
    Butters the Butterfree
    Madonna the Wigglytuff
    Spelunker the Geodude
    Dreams the Drowzee

Storage
    Borat the Raticate
    Sandstorm the Sandshrew
    Liberty the Bellsprout
    Lightyear the Beedrill
    Catmint the Meowth
    Digdogger the Dugtrio

The addition of Dreams gives the team a little more versatility, although I will miss Borat. He may be reinserted at somepoint, as he was insanely fast. It came down to a decision of whether to keep Borat on the team, or Madonna, and I picked Madonna, as he is more versatile then Borat.

I will most likely only make one party change at a time. I do not like training overloads, so I will stick with one at a time. I am really enjoying this challenge though. It is unlike anything I have ever attempted before. I usually pick a team of 6, and stick with them. Only once in my memory have I done otherwise, and that was with 8 pokemon I rotated.
    SoulSilver BQ

D: I forgot to save now I have to restart ;-;
    The rules I am following are
    Just buy pokeballs
    Only able to use items and berries you find or are given to.

Again
    Name:Charles
    Team:
    Sam the Mudkip
    Last edited by Sigh!; 25th July 2010 at 10:00 PM.
    II

Just to clarify, the only rules that must be applied are the nickname rule, the fainting=dead rule, and the "catch the first Pokemon in a route" rule (although you can add a rule where you can catch only Pokemon that you don't already own so you don't end up with 20 of the same Pokemon). Any other rule can be added at the players discretion. In other words, not being allowed to buy items in stores or having the battle style set to set are rules that the Nuzlocker can add if they want to.

I've played and beaten a Nuzlocke run for Ruby with the basic rules (with the no duplicates clause) with 14 deaths (including my starter, Leonidas the Blaziken) and with only one loss in the E4. My final team is:

Cecil the Ninetales
    Shuriken the Starmie
    Ivan the Dusclops (RIP)
    The Flash the Lantern
    Majinn Buu the Hariyama
    Selphie the Flygon

I've also just recently bought a used copy of Platinum and started a Nuzlocke for that. Right now, I'm trying to catch a Rotom.
    THE
    END...?

Decided to try a Nuzlocke Sapphire challenge alongside Leaf Green.
    Started with Torchic (Klucken), caught a Wurmple (Mothic), and a Zigzagoon, which I forgot to nickname. Every route since has had a Zigzagoon, and the two that haven't so far (Petalburg Woods and the cave north of Rustboro) have in both cases ended in a critical hit KO >.< . I've been using Zigzagoon solely for Pickup, and in the gym battle, for spamming growl to weaken super effective rock attacks :P

Although I defeated Roxanne, a critical hit from Nosepass KO'd Beautifly
    My team, therefore, is incredibly weak at the moment...

- Klucken (Combusken) Lv.16
    - Zigzagoon Lv.7

Edit: I've had some terrible luck with critical hits, and lost both my Pokemon. Zigzagoon went down to a Ralt's confusion and Klucken lost to Brawly's Makuhita, which got 5 hits with Arm Thrust, the last of which was a critical hit >.<

Journey Restart!!!
    Last edited by Grassmen; 25th July 2010 at 11:43 PM.

So far:
    -Name: RED
    -5 Badges
    -17:06 play time
    -28 Pokedex

My team:
    Charles lv. 46
    Nite Train lv. 44
    SpartaCHKN lv. 45
    Kenneth lv. 46
    Malakrov lv. 45

So right now I need a 6th team member, but I have already explored everywhere but the Power Plant and I don't want Zapdos. I am going to check it out and probably pick up some other electric type or bring Neylan back after I beat Sabrina.

R.I.P. Box:
    Lenny lv. 9-11 (trained two levels, got out of Mt. Moon, Spearow used peck it's a critical hit!...damn. R.I.P. Lenny, you will be missed.)
    Ace lv. 2-28 (first Pokemon i caught :'(, it happened in Rock Tunnel I wasn't paying that much attention. I battled some dude with a Slowpoke, I used Hyper Fang and missed, he used Confusion I get confused. I hurt myself in confusion, I am left with 20 hp. Next turn, I hurt myself in confusion and am left with 5 hp, confusion is the death of Ace. R.I.P. Ace, you will be missed.)
    Doug lv. 22-42 (Died in battle against Koga, it was my fault though. Koga sends out Weezing and I forget it has levitate *facepalm* and go for a magnitude, then the Weezing uses Selfdestruct *another facepalm*. R.I.P. Doug, you will be missed.)

Storage Box:
    Neylan lv. 33
    Katy Perry lv. 13
    Seth lv. 28
    Ephrum lv. 24
    Paul lv. 25

Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.
    Last edited by tom-tom; 27th July 2010 at 7:40 AM.

Riki Tiki Tavi

Alrighty, well I was doing a different challenge on my Platinum, however this one seems rather interesting. So I've restarted again! -.-

So, I started my adventure as a young boy named Jacob, choosing a male Turtwig named Twyggs as my starter. As my adventure began I quickly caught, on each new location, a Starly named Aria, a Shinx named Sasha, a Bidoof (oh how I loathed catching this) named Derp, a Geodude named Pebbles, and a Magikarp named Magi.

Heck it seems each time I catch a pokemon, such as Pebbles, the next thing that attacks me is a far more desirable pokemon.. such as the level eight Onyx that tried to maul me. >.<
    [ RMT's | Gravity | Slowbro Love ]

White Friend Code: 0003.2592.4395
    SS Friend Code: 3910.9686.6056

Just your local Pokemon Breeder, taking requests and
    providing results. Please feel free to contact me if you need
    something bred, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Services Offered: Egg Move Breeding, IV Breeding, EV Training,
    IV Checking, Soul Silver Tutoring/TM's, Cloning.

1. You can buy whatever you want in a town...(but only once and to the limit of three items)
    2. I'm playing on a different version of platinum know as platinum enchanced, basically it's a hacked version of platinum changing various things making the game harder, for example it changes the story and what pokemon you can catch ect. it's BEAST!
    3. I might be willing to write this as a story depending on responses from you guys.
    4.Whenever I earn two badges routes get reset (meaning I can get a max of four pokemon from a route) If anybody objects to that one before I get far I will change it.

Now for the begining of a long and tiring journey...today I become a...MAN! (lol)

Began the game ready for this pro looking challenge chose a boy named it Hayden (cause that name is pro) and began my journey.

So I met profeser Rowan dude and because I helped him pick a pokemon to use in a contest he gave me a Dratini (score) my rival (Wolf) got his butt handed to him on a silver platter. I sent him and his beldum packing, and on my way to sandgem...I saw no pokemon lol.

Current team:
    Ace teh Dratini Lv: 6
    Moves: Wrap, Water Pulse, Thunder Wave
    Last edited by The20BIT; 27th July 2010 at 1:53 AM.
    HG Friend Code: 3137-9643-4910 Name: Scorpio
    Pokemon White Friend Coder: 2322-5629-7687
    Send me a message if you want to swap friend codes!

Currently looking for a female Charmander! Have a Suicine for offer!

Oh bugger.

First casualty of the game. D: My poor little Aria. Crit OHKO'd by a Zubat's bite. >.<
    Actually.. let me correct that. Huge casualty... >.>;;
    After taking a beating in the Wind Works, including poisoning by a stunky...
    Party wipe.. >.>;;

[/restarts] >.<;;;;
    Last edited by Nocturne.Lullaby; 27th July 2010 at 12:32 AM.
    [ RMT's | Gravity | Slowbro Love ]

White Friend Code: 0003.2592.4395
    SS Friend Code: 3910.9686.6056

Just your local Pokemon Breeder, taking requests and
    providing results. Please feel free to contact me if you need
    something bred, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Services Offered: Egg Move Breeding, IV Breeding, EV Training,
    IV Checking, Soul Silver Tutoring/TM's, Cloning.

This seemed like a really fun and creative way to spice up playing Pokemon. So, I got out my old Pokemon Sapphire, fired it up, and started my Nuzlocke Challenge.

I started out by naming and making boxes... 'WAIT' boxes for my not-in-use Pokemon, and 'RIP' for those who pass on (hopefully none will).

My starter 'mon was Chip the Mudkip, who has a Brave nature.
    To join Chip, the first 'mon I ran into on Route 101 was a Zigzagoon who I named Bandit. Bandit is of a Hardy nature with the awesome ability Pickup.
    On route 102 I caught a Wurmple who I named String, because she used String Shot over and over in our first battle. String has a Quiet nature.
    My first Pokemon on Route 104 was a Zigzagon, which I KO'd, mostly because I am not doing duplicates... After the Zigzagoon I ran into a Wingull, who I named Guliver. Guliver is of a Relaxed nature.

However, I've decided to hang out there and level up all of my 'mons for a bit. I want to be ready to kick butt at our first gym, so I don't lose any of my buddies.

So my team thus far consists of...

Chip the Mudkip
    Bandit the Zigzagoon
    String the Wurmple
    Guliver the Wingull

More later! This is a great way to spice up replaying an old game.

Man I just got going at Jubilife. I have a pretty sick team at the moment. Caught a Torchic on my way to Jubilife named him Blaze, then I proceded to level them up to about level 13 each before I take down my rival.

Ace teh Dratini: Lv 9m
    Moves: Wrap, Water Pulse, Thunder Wave
    Blaze teh Torchic: Lv 10m
    Moves: Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, Ember

Sorry guys, I've been having heaps of errors while trying to post in this thread, but don't let that stop you guys from posting your stories.

-

So far:
    -Name: RED
    -6 Badges
    -24:03 play time
    -36 Pokedex

My team:
    Charles lv. 48
    Nite Train lv. 48
    SpartaCHKN lv. 48
    Kenneth lv. 48
    Jay-Ar lv. 48
    Zynx lv. 51 (3 levels just from Sabrina's Gym, she stopped obeying me halfway through the real Gym Battle)

Comments:
    Okay, so I picked up a Magnemite at the PowerPlant and trained it a whole bunch. I also found a Poliwag, but decided to evolve it and then trade it for a Jynx because I have never really trained one before this and surprisingly I am am starting to like Jynx. So now I have 6 badges and am off to Cinnabar Island, finally in between the 5th and 6th badge took forever training to new members up to par 48.

R.I.P. Box:
    Lenny lv. 9-11 (trained two levels, got out of Mt. Moon, Spearow used peck it's a critical hit!...damn. R.I.P. Lenny, you will be missed.)
    Ace lv. 2-28 (first Pokemon i caught :'(, it happened in Rock Tunnel I wasn't paying that much attention. I battled some dude with a Slowpoke, I used Hyper Fang and missed, he used Confusion I get confused. I hurt myself in confusion, I am left with 20 hp. Next turn, I hurt myself in confusion and am left with 5 hp, confusion is the death of Ace. R.I.P. Ace, you will be missed.)
    Doug lv. 22-42 (Died in battle against Koga, it was my fault though. Koga sends out Weezing and I forget it has levitate *facepalm* and go for a magnitude, then the Weezing uses Selfdestruct *another facepalm*. R.I.P. Doug, you will be missed.)

Storage Box:
    Malakrov lv. 45
    Neylan lv. 33
    Katy Perry lv. 13
    Seth lv. 28
    Ephrum lv. 24
    Paul lv. 25
    Mailman! (Bought him for Pokedex)
    Omar (Bought him for Pokedex)

Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.

Riki Tiki Tavi

So I looked over my rules decided they were retarded and now the rules I'm going by are,

1. Items can be bought but only hp recovering items can be used outside of battle (mwhaha)
    2. Faint release rule, and I thought of something else just for people that don't want to start over. If you are team wiped you can get rid of one or two members of your team to continue depending on your teams size.

I decided to TOTALLY start over this challenge but on a normal Platinum (it's to hard to just do the game with those you catch) so here is my adventure so far.

Chose a dude named him Hayden (because I like the name) and headed to find my best friend (Olson) and Profeser Rowan, to get my pokemon. I decided to go with Piplup (named him Bubbles) because I have never actually trained one before. Leveled up to ten before I moved on to Jubilife.

Current team:
    Bubbles teh Piplup Lv:10m
    moves: Pound, Growl, Bubble
    Fighter teh Shinx Lv:9m
    moves: Tackle, Leer, Charge

I'm trying to get an electric move for my Shinx, I might actually do both a SS and a Platinum Nuzlocke challenge, I will post info of my choice later.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast