Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuzlocke Challenge

i will start a nuzlocke challenge on platinum my starter is turtwig (nn. colluseum) just finished a scramble challenge on platinum

RULES:

Nickname all Pokemon
    Catch first Pokemon on each route
    Faint = Death

On each route/cave/town/tower/dungeon you may only catch one Pokemon and this Pokemon may MAY ONLY BE THE FIRST POKEMON you see!
    If a Pokemon of yours faints in or out of battle YOU MUST RELEASE IT INSTANTLY AND NEVER USE IT AGAIN. Or you can put it in a box labeled 'Dead' as a memento or for post game/once you finish the challenge
    For the hard outs, no using any items in or out of battle (and yes, that includes antidotes, this also includes hold items. You can still use Pokeballs but you must find them, not buy them). For the easy going people, you may use any items, but only those you find, you cannot buy any items from anywhere
    If you wipe out (all party Pokemon faint) then you must release/put them in box. If all of your Pokemon die, then you must start again, you lose!
    You must have your battle change option set to set, not shift
    If your party is full and you catch a Pokemon, you may send it to your box as a backup, incase one of your Pokemon faints, it can be replaced (and insanely grinded).
    Last edited by celebimasters_93; 27th July 2010 at 11:20 PM.

pikachu

is

claimed

Hmmm well this challenge may not be as easy as I had imagined. I couldn't believe my luck when I found a Skitty (Tiger) in route 116, and Rusturf Tunnel gave me Audi the Whismur. Tiger didn't last long, as I miscalculated damage and didn't realize she wouldn't survive an Uproar CH. Guess what happened?Not wanting to take any chances, I evolved Kipz into Marshtomp before taking on Roxanne, who ended up being quite easy.

Dewford was much tamer than I expected. Granite Cave gave me Hiro the Makuhita, and I fished up a Magikarp(Gari). Brawly was easier than expected, by stun sporing/leech seeding Makuhita with Myco.

Slateport, on the other hand, was a rude awakening. While fighting a sailor on the beach, I brought in Audi to finish off a weakened Machop. His pound missed, however, and the Karate Chop counter was an OHKO. My grief wasn't over, however, as Ashe would succumb to May's Grovyle.This is my fault, however, as both pokemon were in the red and Grovyle was paralyzed, so I attacked forgetting that she had quick attack. This was a major wrench in my plan, as she was to be my main source of pokeballs later in the game. Fortune would smile on me later, though, as Ashe Jr., another Zigzagoon, would be found on route . She, added with Clarence the Oddish from route 117, would be added to my roster to form a full, 6-man team. I'm currently in Mauville, raising my team for Wattson.

My team:
    Kipz lvl 21
    Myco lvl 18
    Hiro lvl 16
    Ashe Jr. lvl 14
    Clarence lvl 14
    Gari lvl 8

Deceased:
    Tiger lvl 7-8 Whismur Uproar CH
    Audi lvl 7-12 Machop Karate Chop
    Ashe lvl 5-15 May's Grovyle Quick Attack

The no items clause isn't really giving me problems, but I've reached a new dilemma in the form of TM's. I've already decided not to use HM's not required, such as flash, and since they aren't necessary, I won't use them.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Default Nuzlocke Challenge v2.0

Alrighty, so after the embarrassing party wipe a while ago, I've since
    restarted and am doing much better than the last run through.

I once more began the game as a boy named Jacob, choosing Jazz the Piplup
    as my starter. I am going to be counting on the plethora of resistances his
    steel typing will bring the team later down the road. My first encounter
    (Route 202) brought me Samba, the male Starly. Things seemed to be going
    fine, continuing casually through the game snagging Harmony the female
    Kricketot, Forte the male Machop, Beat the male Geodude, Ballad the male
    Shellos, Chorus the male Zubat and Aria the female Buneary. Sadly, due to
    over estimating poor Samba in a wild encounter, the little Starly went down
    at level ten. Aria awaits in the PC to sub in case someone else suffers a
    defeat. Now I stand, warily, outside of the Eterna City Gym, really not
    wanting to go in there where status' fall like rain.. though I have taken out
    all of the trainers but the Gym Leader herself.

Question: How does trading work, or not work, during a Nuzlocke
    challenge. As in, scenario: I have a Machoke, and it would be beneficial for
    me to evolve him into a Machamp, am I allowed to trade with someone and
    trade it back? Or does that break some taboo of the challenge?

EDIT

Aaaaand.. out goes my poor little Forte.. in comes a female Combee named
    Opera. Though I'll regret losing my strongest pokemon.. and forever loathe all Biding Pachirisu, I have to say... Getting a female combee is super lucky. :3

Current Team:

Storage:

R.I.P.:
    Last edited by Nocturne.Lullaby; 28th July 2010 at 8:07 AM.
    [ RMT's | Gravity | Slowbro Love ]

White Friend Code: 0003.2592.4395
    SS Friend Code: 3910.9686.6056

Just your local Pokemon Breeder, taking requests and
    providing results. Please feel free to contact me if you need
    something bred, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Services Offered: Egg Move Breeding, IV Breeding, EV Training,
    IV Checking, Soul Silver Tutoring/TM's, Cloning.

Okay, I've decided I'll start a Nuzlocke challenge on Gold, with Chikorita as my starter. However, since Gold is a pretty easy game, I've decided that a full party K.O. will mean a loss, even if I have spares.

The adventure begins when YOUNG BOY is sent on a EPIC QUEST by PROFESSOR to defeat the EIGHT BADGE HOLDERS and conquer the POKEMON LEAGUE. To aid him on his EPIC QUEST, he is given a GREEN LLAMA-THING. YOUNG BOY and GREEN LLAMA-THING meet MR.POKEMON and OTHER PROFESSOR, and recieve a POKEDEX. On his way back, YOUNG BOY encounters RED-HAIRED KID and defeats him in battle. YOUNG BOY then receives POKEBALLS, and prepares for his battle against the first BADGE HOLDER.

On his way, YOUNG BOY catches a SENTRY SQUIRREL, a USELESS CACOON, a WEIRD PLANT, and a GODDAMNED BAT.

Anyway, so far the journey has been fine, although I almost lost Chikorita to a sentret at the start of the game, and I missed out on getting a geodude on the second route.

Party:

(Emmy)
    Lvl 10
    Razor Leaf
    Tackle
    Growl

(Sammi)
    Lvl 7
    Tackle
    Defense Curl

(Jade)
    Lvl 4
    Harden

(Mitch)
    Lvl 6
    Vine Whip
    Growth

(Bianca)
    Lvl 5
    Leech Life

Boxed: None

Deceased: None

Not the best party ever...
    Last edited by surfer treecko; 28th July 2010 at 12:38 PM.

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne.Lullaby View Post
    Question: How does trading work, or not work, during a Nuzlocke
    challenge. As in, scenario: I have a Machoke, and it would be beneficial for
    me to evolve him into a Machamp, am I allowed to trade with someone and
    trade it back? Or does that break some taboo of the challenge?
    EDIT
    You are only allowed to trade if you are evolving Pokemon, so you could trade Machoke to get a Machamp but you can't trade for anything else.

Riki Tiki Tavi

Due to me being stupid and careless, I lost my Nuzlocke challange... I didn't actually get a full party K.O. because I broke a rule at the last second, so I decided to restart anyway. So now I'll list my team again...

Spoiler:- Graveyard-Pkmn Gold Attempt One:

Attempt 2:

Team:

(Aggy)
    Scratch
    Leer

So far:
    -Name: RED
    -7 Badges
    -29:07 play time
    -42 Pokedex

My team:
    Charles lv. 56
    Nite Train lv. 56
    SpartaCHKN lv. 55
    Kenneth lv. 57
    Jay-Ar lv. 56
    Zynx lv. 56

Comments:
    Well this badge took a long time to get, only because of my hardcore training. But the good thing about a lot of training is there is less faints/deaths, which I haven't had any since Doug(R.I.P., you were my favorite) at the 5th gym. So now I have picked up some backups at the Pokemon Mansion and the Seafoam Islands just in case. Right now I am training on the Tri-Islands before battling Giovanni, my plan is to have my whole team at level 63 or 63 by then so it might be a while until i post again.

R.I.P. Box:
    Lenny lv. 9-11 (trained two levels, got out of Mt. Moon, Spearow used peck it's a critical hit!...damn. R.I.P. Lenny, you will be missed.)
    Ace lv. 2-28 (first Pokemon i caught :'(, it happened in Rock Tunnel I wasn't paying that much attention. I battled some dude with a Slowpoke, I used Hyper Fang and missed, he used Confusion I get confused. I hurt myself in confusion, I am left with 20 hp. Next turn, I hurt myself in confusion and am left with 5 hp, confusion is the death of Ace. R.I.P. Ace, you will be missed.)
    Doug lv. 22-42 (Died in battle against Koga, it was my fault though. Koga sends out Weezing and I forget it has levitate *facepalm* and go for a magnitude, then the Weezing uses Selfdestruct *another facepalm*. R.I.P. Doug, you will be missed.)

Storage Box:
    Anteater lv. 34
    Zenotwapal lv. 37 (named after Zenotwapal, another Serebii user)
    Giovanni lv. 37
    Police K-9 lv. 30
    Lt. Crazy lv. 32
    Kevin lv. 5
    Malakrov lv. 45
    Neylan lv. 33
    Katy Perry lv. 13
    Seth lv. 28
    Ephrum lv. 24
    Paul lv. 25
    Mailman! lv. 18
    Omar lv. 9

Check this out everyone, I found it in a link while watching some Youtube Nuzlocke videos. Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.

Riki Tiki Tavi

Oh s**t.
    I'm going to do this sooooo bad.

Starting one on my Sapphire:
    Starting out as a Girl named Jody, and getting Torchic as my starter. (its the easiest to use and basically destroys most of the Gyms with ease)
    I plan to make a few exceptions:
    On legends, I tend to buy pokeballs just for that purpose.
    If a Shiny pops up at all, I intend to catch it, and if that kills me, I intend to just start from the last point.
    I am giving myself a one "evive pokemon" token, allowing me to revive one and only one dead pokemon. I'm going to give myself this privilage in the Elite Four.
    EDIT:
    Smoked lv.6

Just got started, just creamed Brendan
    ANOTHER EDIT:
    Seems like my battery to the Gameboy SP died just as I didn't catch a lucky Wingull find
    Now I'm having to settle on a Zigzagoon D:
    His name is Slayer
    Slayer lv.4
    YET ANOTHER EDIT:
    BynineB lv.3
    Caught him by pure luck in the other route linking Oldale and Petalburg, since I didn't see any pokemon ther on my first trek through.
    And typeing mid sentence, he just fainted, so he's out of my party now D:
    R.I.P BynineB......
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 29th July 2010 at 4:29 AM.
    oopsie

Check this out everyone, I found it in a link while watching some Youtube Nuzlocke videos. Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.
    I already posted a link to the comics in the first post.

By the way people, i think he's going to start updating his comics a bit more often now....

Anyway, my Scramblocke Challenge... all im really doing is Training to lv.50 before going through victory road.

I decided to give this a try on a Firered ROM.
    My excess rules:
    1)Can buy Pokeballs, but that's it.
    2)No healing items in battle.

Little rundown so far:
    Start Journey, Charmander get! While going to Viridian, I get the Parcel and bring it back to Oak, Pokedex get, 5 Pokeball get!
    Go to the route 22, Mankey get! It was pretty close, though.
    I hit Route 2, Pidgey get! Adamnat nature too!
    Then to Viridian Forest,. My first encounter was a Kakuna, but Capt. Jack brutalized it. I wasn't too upset, to be honest.
    My team so far:
    Scacth the level 8 Charmander
    Filigree the level 8 Pidgey
    Capt. Jack the level 7 Mankey
    Fan of many things nerdy.

Default So far.......

I have caught avshroomish by pure luck in Petalburg Forest, and named him TaterMan.
    However, happiness was short lived as Slayer fell to Brawny's Machop......
    RIP Slayer.......

Smoked lv.16
    TaterMan lv.16

DEAD
    BynineB lv 3
    Slayer lv.4-14
    oopsie

I started a run in Platinum. Aside from the basic rules (with the duplicates clause), the only other rule that I have is that the 3 Mt. Coronet entrances and the Summit, as well as any separated routes or buildings/grassy areas all count as separate areas.

So far, my team is:
    Dante the Prinplup
    Chuckles the Togepi (who I'm trying to evolve into Togetic just to get it out of the way)
    Belmont the Bronzor
    Chuckwalla the Bibarel (HM Slave)
    Nathan the Cranidos
    Data the Rotom

Team that's boxed:
    Nightmare the Ponyta
    Jules the Staravia
    Scamp the Gible
    Goldstein the Nosepass

My casualties:
    Liberace the Budew
    Leone the Shinx
    Mileen the Kadabra
    Huron the Onix
    Last edited by Krake; 29th July 2010 at 3:52 PM.
    THE
    END...?

i beat Team Aqua good, and wnet on to the next route. I hopedto had found a Pusle, but I was crushed and suprised to find a lv.12 Electrike. It took me 2 pokeballs to cttach, but I got it. I named him after the band Static-X, as so with my Zigzagoon.
    My current team after beating Brendan:
    TaterMan lv.19
    Smoked lv.21
    Static-X lv.16

R.I.P (Dead pokemon)
    BynineB lv 3
    Died to a Wurmples tackle while training.....
    Slayer lv.4-14
    Was Karate Chopped by Brawney's Machop....
    oopsie

I just got into Cerulean with no hiccups. I managed to get Groundbeef the Geodude in Mt. Moon, and he has been useful. Gary was wiped pretty easily with no casualties. trying to catch my guy for Route 24, I suffered my first casualty, Scabbers the Rattatta. He rests in Hades now.
    My team is:
    Scatch the Charmeleon level 18
    Filigree the Pidgeotto level 19
    Capt. Jack the Mankey level 18
    Boxed:
    Fiona the Pidgey
    Ragebeak the Spearow
    Ratburster the Pidgey
    Dead:
    Scabbers the Rattatta, level 10. She will be missed.

Nuzlocke challenge didn't get off to a good start... I caught a Hoothoot that got K.O'd instantly, and I wasted a lot of pokeballs. However, I did manage to catch a geodude.

Team:

(Aggy)
    Lvl 9

(Derp)
    Lvl 4

Default And yet another update....

(mad new rules for myself: I'm only allowed to use Items I get off the ground or from somebody else. I can only use my money to buy certain things, like TMs and pokeballs (depending on the situation) I can also use the day care if I want, but if all my pokemon die and the only one that is left is from the daycare, then I lose since I didn't have any pokemon on me at that moment)
    At this moment I just caught a Oddish that I named after the woman who sung "Hey Micky", ToniBasil.
    Don't ask, OK?
    Then aftert that, I caught my brothers messing around with my game, and they killed poor Static-X. I didn't count this since it wasn't me playing.
    I soon put ToniBasil in the Daycare, as I do not need her now. I will most likely use her after I see TaterMan fall....
    Current Team:
    Smoked lv.23
    TaterMan lv.20
    Static-X lv.19

In storage/Daycare:
    ToniBasil (dropped off at lv.13)

R.I.P (Dead pokemon)
    BynineB lv 3
    Died to a Wurmples tackle while training.....
    Slayer lv.4-14
    Was Karate Chopped by Brawney's Machop....
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 29th July 2010 at 8:27 PM.
    oopsie

So far:
    -Game: FireRed
    -8 Badges
    -33:14 play time
    -49 Pokedex

My team:
    Charles lv. 65
    Nite Train lv. 62
    SpartaCHKN lv. 62
    Kenneth lv. 64
    Jay-Ar lv. 64
    Zynx lv. 63

Comments:
    Well I got my 8th badge, it was pretty easy considering how over-leveled my Pokemon were. On my way to the Elite 4 I caught some more Pokemon, getting 60 Pokedex is a pain in the butt later. I think I'm going to do some more training before I battle the Elite 4 just to be safe. For some reason this Jynx that I have is really growing on me, before this challenge I have never trained a Jynx a single level so that might be it. Anyways, the Elite 4 shouldn't be too hard because most my Pokemon are already at higher levels than my Rival's starter.

R.I.P. Box:
    Lenny lv. 9-11 (trained two levels, got out of Mt. Moon, Spearow used peck it's a critical hit!...damn. R.I.P. Lenny, you will be missed.)
    Ace lv. 2-28 (first Pokemon i caught :'(, it happened in Rock Tunnel I wasn't paying that much attention. I battled some dude with a Slowpoke, I used Hyper Fang and missed, he used Confusion I get confused. I hurt myself in confusion, I am left with 20 hp. Next turn, I hurt myself in confusion and am left with 5 hp, confusion is the death of Ace. R.I.P. Ace, you will be missed.)
    Doug lv. 22-42 (Died in battle against Koga, it was my fault though. Koga sends out Weezing and I forget it has levitate *facepalm* and go for a magnitude, then the Weezing uses Selfdestruct *another facepalm*. R.I.P. Doug, you will be missed.)

Storage Box:
    Anteater lv. 34
    Zenotwapal lv. 37
    Giovanni lv. 37
    Police K-9 lv. 30
    Lt. Crazy lv. 32
    Kevin lv. 5
    Malakrov lv. 45
    Neylan lv. 33
    Katy Perry lv. 13
    Seth lv. 28
    Ephrum lv. 24
    Paul lv. 25
    Mailman! lv. 18
    Mimien lv. 9
    PorkChop lv. 3 (Saw him on the way to Victory Road, his Pokedex entry said that he is a Pig Pokemon?!)
    HIV lv. 21
    Frank lv. 40
    Superman lv. 46
    Moon-Thing lv. 8 (I really wanted one in Mt. Moon but didn't see one and I had some spare cash so I had to pick one up.)

Riki Tiki Tavi

Sigh, my guys die in the most unepic ways. Misty was a pain, but my new Gloom named Mark Jane Stun Spore stalled Starmie to death. A close call to poison from one of the Route 7 Bug Catcher's Butterfree almost cost me Scatch and Filigree. But they were bulky enough to take the long walk to Cerulean. My next casualty was Capt. Jack, who died to a Youngster's Raticate. You'll always be in my heart Captain Jack.

My team:
    Scacth the level 20 Charmeleon
    Filigree the level 20 Pidgeotto
    Groundbeef the level 22 Geodude
    Mark Jane the level 22 Gloom

Box:
    Fiona the Pidgey
    Ratburster the Pidgey
    First the Pidgey
    Whacker the Diglett
    Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd
    Ragebeak the Spearow

Dead:
    Scabbers the Rattatta
    Capt. Jack the Mankey

Quote Originally Posted by hitoshura0 View Post
    Box:
    Fiona the Pidgey
    Ratburster the Pidgey
    First the Pidgey

Whacker the Diglett
    Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd
    Ragebeak the Spearow
    3 Pidgeys? Ouch, that bites.

Riki Tiki Tavi

Quote Originally Posted by tom-tom View Post
    3 Pidgeys? Ouch, that bites.
    4 Pidgeys. Filigree was the second Pidgey I got. And Ratburster killed my Rattatta. Thus, its name.

Quote Originally Posted by hitoshura0 View Post
    4 Pidgeys. Filigree was the second Pidgey I got. And Ratburster killed my Rattatta. Thus, its name.
    Well at least you are utilizing one Pidgey. If a wild Pokemon(Dumb Spearow) killed one of mine(Lenny the Paras), I wouldn't catch it.

Riki Tiki Tavi

I thought it might be humorous to think that Scabbers ate a Pidgey egg, then later the Pidgey burst through its chest ala Aliens.

So far:
    -Game: FireRed
    -8 Badges
    -35:52 play time
    -60 Pokedex

My team:
    Charles lv. 66
    Nite Train lv. 66
    SpartaCHKN lv. 66
    Kenneth lv. 67
    Jay-Ar lv. 67
    Zynx lv. 67

Comments:
    Well my challenge was fun but sadly it is over. The good news is I only lost 3 team members along the way. The Elite 4 were way to easy, with all my Pokemon being at least 3 levels over the highest level in the Elite 4. None of my Pokemon were hurt up until Lance's Aerodactyl, couldn't outmatch its speed with a Kenneth. Jay-Ar took care of all 5 of Lorelei's Pokemon with Thunderbolt. Nite Train took out both of Bruno's Onix, while SpartaCHKN too out the Fighting-Types. Zynx annihilated Agatha's team with Psychic. Jay-Ar easily handled Lance's Gyarados, then Kenneth took out the rest with Ice Beam and Surf. I knew my Rival BLUE would lead with his Pidegeot so I sent Kenneth out first to take it out. Then, he sent out his Exeggutor so I send in Charles for the first and only time in the Elite 4. After that is done BLUE sends in his Blastoise, so Jay-Ar takes care of that easily. I send in Kenneth to counter his Arcanine and that works, but then he sends in his Rhydon like a dummy. Once his Rhydon is destroyed by Surf he sends in his last Pokemon Alakazam, so now it is Zynx's time to shine. I go for a Shadow Ball, but the Alakazam hangs on with about 1 HP and I get a Sp. Def drop. His Alakazam uses Shadow Ball now and gets a critical hit and puts me into orange/yellow health. So he uses a full restore just to drag out the battle, and I go for another Shadow Ball and kill it. Well now that I am finished with the challenge, its off to catch a Yanma.

R.I.P. Box:

Storage Box:
    Anteater lv. 34, Zenotwapal lv. 37, Giovanni lv. 37
    Police K-9 lv. 30, Lt. Crazy lv. 32, Kevin lv. 5
    Malakrov lv. 45, Neylan lv. 33, Seth lv. 28
    Ch'Ding lv. 13, Ephrum lv. 24, Paul lv. 25
    Mailman! lv. 18, Mimien lv. 9, PorkChop lv. 3
    HIV lv. 21, Frank lv. 40, Superman lv. 46
    Moon-Thing lv. 8, Norris lv. 25, SantaClaws lv. 8
    Papermate lv. 18, Sludgy lv. 28, Coffee lv. 28
    Blue Grass lv. 21, Destroyer lv. 2, BynineB lv. 4
    Balloon lv. 7, Blak Magik lv. 5, Cornrows lv. 34
    (Sorry for so many, I just caught a lot to fill up the Pokedex)

Well I can say that I really enjoyed this challenge, and I might do one in Ruby soon. Anyways, good luck to everyone else who is doing this.

Riki Tiki Tavi

Woo back from vacation!

My Rules:
    Basic + Species Clause

So far my challenge is this
    Name:Charles
    Team
    Sam the Mudkip lv7
    Harry the Zigzagoon lv5
    Missy the Wurmple lv3
    II

A fantastic battle royale between 12 pokemon!
    Will you be the next Ultimate Rumbler?!?!

This challenge is starting to suck. A lot. I mean, the team I have now is solid, but I fear future additions may be scarce, if any. As I said earlier, my only sources of poke balls are the ground and pickup, and both my Zigzagoons have passed away. Ashe Jr. was my most recent victim, falling to the classic 5-hit fury attack. Now I only have 1 great ball left, with few to find on the ground. My current team is decent, but probably not E4 worthy, and if I lose one more key member, I'm going to cry. I say this because Hiro also bit the dust, by the hand of a Magnemite. I have no clue why, but the self-inflicted confusion that did him in did twice the damage it did the turn prior. I am lucky, however, that if I evolve Gari, I will have access to all the hms necessary to reach the E4. Anyways, I just got through Meteor Falls, and here's my team:

Kipz lvl 29
    Myco lvl 22
    Clarence lvl 20
    Koko lvl 18
    Draco lvl 15
    Gari lvl 12

Deceased
    Tiger lvl 7-8 Whismur Uproar CH
    Audi lvl 7-12 Machop Karate Chop
    Ashe lvl 5-15 May's Grovyle Quick Attack
    Hiro lvl 6-17 Confusion (the status, not the move)
    Ashe Jr. lvl 14-15 5-hit Fury Attack

Flannery, shouldn't be a problem, but Norman scares the sh*t out of me right now. Those Slaking do a ton of damage, and I can't heal when they're truant.
    Last edited by Sprintking; 30th July 2010 at 4:15 AM.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast