Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the Easiest of Grace! (640)

Default With the Easiest of Grace! (640)

Togekiss! The Battle Which it Becomes Magnificent!!

Heading to the Grand Festival, Dawn begins training her new Togekiss. On training, she notices that while Togekiss moves beautifully, its attacks and appeals leave something to be desired. However, during training, Team Rocket appear and cause issues. Will Togekiss be able to overcome it's shortcomings?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Wow, nice, I hope Dawn's training with Togekiss will be successful for the Grand Festival. And Episode 640...I'm 20 episodes behind, lol. But I understand the Japanese gets them first.

Team Rocket interrupting training again? They just love to do that, don't they?

Lol, I just love how Togekiss started to bash Gible, cuz of his Draco Meteor failing, Meowth translated the pokétalk, but since I can't understand Japanese... Piplup screaming and running like a crybaby, and wondering in confusions why it didn't get hit.

Also I'm surprised that Gible took so many attacks to take down.

Sky Attack, Air Slash, Aura Sphere and a knocked back Draco Meteor. It still could get up after that, so Gible just went up in my book! Furthermore about Gible, it dodged on his own using Dig.

Oh my the battle between TR and Twerps is really good. Not just is Togekiss overwhelmingly skilled as a contest pokemon, TR is doing exceptionally well. Then Pokemon Symphonic Medley starts and you just know what time it is. Yes, Togekiss pwns Yanmega after a cool battle, in which Yanmega didn't do to bad really: it deflected several Aura Sphere's with it's wings by spinning around. TR once again lose and escape with Pocha and Pika. For all but two seconds, bye Jessie, bye James, and good bye Meowth...

Good episode, feels really short, just a long battle really. Sad thing is that I completely missed the combination thing..

NEW ZOROARK FOOTAGE!!! THAT LOOKED AWESOME!!!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Well nice episode it was basicly a battle between Togekiss and Megayanma wich was really cool, it seemed to me that Togekiss was having trouble seemed like he wasnt used to battle but then he overcomes it and defeats megayanma.

So just a long battle? Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    So just a long battle? Shame.

It was actually good Team Rocket actually gave a good battle to Dawn instead of being their useless selves.

That's true I guess. Don't really know why I wrote "shame", must have been tired or something

Well, nice episode. I liked how Togekiss behaved, it was very funny. It is very strange that Piplup is still afraid from the Draco Meteor, this time Togekiss saved it. Gible almost couldn't dodge from Togekiss' moves, so we didn't see from him so much in this battle. The animation was great, like in every episode that Iwane animates.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I thought it was a very good episode actually mainly because of the pretty damn cool battle between Yanmega and Togekiss

That Togekiss looks like one strong pokemon already i like how it acts like the mother of the other pokemon which kind of sets it up as a mature experienced pokemon already

It should be a force to be reckoned with in the GF

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

A very nice training episode indeed. Can anyone translate what Jessie was saying about Dawn during the DP171 flashback? I only got bits and pieces.....and not many at that.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Lol Brocks Sudowoodo is still alive.

Random : PokéRadar

Lol Brocks Sudowoodo is still alive.

Random : PokéRadar

Finally got to see Sudowoodo... Anyways it was an okay episode. Didn't really get the whole deal with why Togekiss was so elegant but whatever. Anyways can someone translate the preview at the end? Like what it says. Like the future episodes thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    It was actually good Team Rocket actually gave a good battle to Dawn instead of being their useless selves.
    I know right? They battled Dawn and Co but it wasn't like their usual battles, they battled pretty well for once and it was almost like watching a gym battle or a Contest battle and not another Team Rocket attempt at starting trouble (although they did cause a bit of grief). It was just one big training episode, but this time, done right

Great episode to show Togekiss, an aerial battle against Yanmega . I like how it likes to show off and all, he is Dawn's strongest pokemon now i think.

For a second i thought they were going to do that draco meteor thing again, but togekiss was there to save Piplup, he/she really likes Piplup .
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Pretty good episode, and very funny with the way Togekiss was flying around and with how the music fit Togekiss' action. I was afraid they were going to reuse that "Piplup gets blown up by Draco Meteor" joke again, but glad it wasn't like before. And the battle wasn't bad, glad to see Dawn and Togekiss used to each other now, looking forward to how that'll show in the Grand Festival.

I like this episode. Is it confirmed that the blue attack Gible uses is Dragon Pulse? I don't get why Gible gets wiped up after using it.... It really needs to work on its stamina.... I also guess it'll master Draco Meteor in the GF. I thought this "Piplup gets hit by Draco Meteor" stuff was finished.... I'm surprised at how Jessie battled..... She really did great.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I like this episode. Is it confirmed that the blue attack Gible uses is Dragon Pulse? I don't get why Gible gets wiped up after using it.... It really needs to work on its stamina.... I also guess it'll master Draco Meteor in the GF. I thought this "Piplup gets hit by Draco Meteor" stuff was finished.... I'm surprised at how Jessie battled..... She really did great.
    It was always confirmed to be Dragon Pulse.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Ahhh... Now officially my favorite training episode ever... And not just because Togekiss is in it. ;3

Rockin' episode alright. Really loved Jessie's battling in this one. I think all those Contests and training really paid off... She's getting more serious as we speak. And I like that.

Pffff, I love how much of a sweetheart Togekiss is. So adorable...I was afraid I was going to explode from it's cuteness. I definitely won't mind seeing it in more episodes...

I give it a 10/10 mainly 'cause of Togekiss the awesome battle! 8D
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 18th April 2010 at 1:51 AM.

Well time for my full review of this episode. I loved how it started out with a practice battle between Ash and Dawn since you don't see one of those everyday. I thought Togekiss showed pleasant grace when it bowed upon being released from it's PokeBall; Salvia taught it well! It was also nice to Piplup which is a contrast between Togekiss and Gible lol. Loved that Ash used his newest Pokemon, Gible, in an attempt to train it a bit more before the Sunyshore Gym challenge. Meanwhile, in a bush, Jessie seemd to really like Togekiss even though it defeated her in the previous Contest, weird. As for the battle, Togekiss' Sky Attack was pretty, but there was clearly an issue at hand as it was overdoing it as if it were a Contest :S

Togekiss' attack actually hit Gible and then Togekiss continued it's graceful moves despite not being ordered to use that attack from Dawn. Loved it's lack of paying attention, Togekiss really seemed to only care about making a performance and not a battle which is a bad sign since both are needed in Contests. It was able to dodge most of Gible's attacks and I loved how it starting dancing in the dark air. The most amazing part of the battle was that Gible's Draco Meteor didn't hit Piplup for once! It was blocked by Togekiss and redirected to Gible causing quite a bit of damage. I liked how Togekiss seemed motherly towards several Pokemon including Gible as seen when she lectured it after the battle. Not very often we get a motherly Pokemon

After the battle, it seemed that Togekiss noticed Dawn's anxiety. I think it must have had something to do with Aura since Togekiss couldn't have been attuned to Dawn's feeling right off the bat, could it? I thought it was cute that Ash tried to cheer Dawn up and even cuter that Togekiss gave Piplup a ride on it's back. It seems Dawn and Togekiss just lacked communication and that they needed to work on that and not just on training. I laughed when Team Rocket's tunnel collapsed in on them, that's the kind of thing that should happen to criminals haha. Up above on the surface, it looked like Togekiss really went out of it's way to show off it's aerial abilities even with Pikachu on it's back plus Piplup.

Team Rocket's second attempt at drilling a hole proved even more disasterous and the tunnel collapsed and it was flooded with water, though they did wind up in front of Ash and Co. Then the real battle ensued with Jessie and James sending out Seviper and Carnivine to battle Dawn and Togekiss. Even though Togekiss listened to Dawn and it dodged the attack from those two, Jessie was one step ahead and she used Yanmega to fight Togekiss in the sky. Jessie was really good this time, using clever strategy, it's almost like she wanted revenge? It was intense! Watching Sudowoodo fight Carnivine, Pikachu fighting Seviper, and Togekiss fighting Yanmega. Though TR fought well, in the end, Dawn and friends remained victorious and Togekiss and Dawn seemed to come closer. It was great for a training episode so, 8/10.

This episode made me laugh. Togekiss may be a very late capture but at least it's got personality. Loved Togekiss vs Gible. Between the lofty music and Togekiss flying around without a care in the world cracked me up, and of course you can't go wrong with Gible. Yanmega and Togekiss was a great battle of flying Pokemon and it's probably the last time Jessie and Dawn will battle each other. Overall Togekiss and Gible are to of the best Pokemon on the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It was always confirmed to be Dragon Pulse.
    Then how does Gible get exhausted after using it....? Draco Meteor is stronger and I don't see Gible getting tired after using it... I know it didn't master it yet but still.....
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Togekiss is one of my favorite additions to the team. It really has an unique personality, something Normal/Flying pokemon lack in the anime.

I love the elegance and grace it has and her little scene scolding Gible was amazing. Really loving it! Another entertaining pokemon for Dawn.

This was a great episode for Togekiss because it really showed off it's power and personality, Dawn got pretty lucky. This episode felt short to me for some reason but overall it was great.

Awesome episode. Loved seeing Togekiss's graceful moves, which I thought at first she was a total silly. :P Plus, the moment with Draco Meteor, it had me very surprised to see Togekiss protect Piplup from it, and fire it back to Gible! Haha, its payback!

I loved Togekiss' moves as well, but now I finally got the diference between Aura Sphere and Air Slash, but Im sadden to say I thought Air Slash in this episode was going to be Aura Sphere actually. But I got my moves mixed up.

And there's also Brock's Sudowoodo in this episode! When's the last time we saw it?

And besides, I never thought a Pokemon, like Togekiss/Yanmega, could repeate the same move in one command. That just felt interesting to me.

Wont be too long till the Grand Festival now, I cant wait!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast