Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama! (641)

Default Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama! (641)

Ditto - Transformation Battle! Which One Is It That's Real!?

Heading to the Grand Festival, Ash & Dawn are in training when they encounter a Ditto that appears and starts imitating Ash & Dawn's Pokémon. After working out which one is the real one, they soon find out that the Ditto is owned by a trainer. The trainer is eager to show the power of her Ditto and challenges Ash to a battle. She learns that her previous strategies are not working and needs to learn how to more efficiently use her Ditto. However, Team Rocket have their eyes on the Ditto...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I find it humourous that Ditto spotted the Zapdos and both transformed into it, in a battle against a Cubone and Marowak noless

I find it humourous that Ditto spotted the Zapdos and both transformed into it, in a battle against a Cubone and Marowak noless

Great episode. I loved the battles between Makina and Ash/Brock. Finally Ash has won a battle. Makina seems like she doesn't know so much about moves and fights so Brock explained her and she used her Pokedex during the battle. It was nice to see some legendary pokemon in this episode (Giratina, Zapdos and Regigigas). And finally the friends are getting to Lake Vlaor.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Haha, it also seems Makina develops a crush on Brock but soon as he turns round, he spots another beautiful lady and starts flirting with her. xD

But now he gets 3 Croagunk's from behind, LOL.
    Last edited by Janovy; 22nd April 2010 at 1:31 PM.

To be honest, I was a little bit bored by this episode.

Sure, the potential of being funny like hell was there, but the writers didn't use it.

Everytime the Ditto transformed into another Pokémon it jst stood there with it or fought against it in a typical "comedy-dustcloud".
    So much comedic potential wasted.
    Fukamaru's Draco meteor gag is starting to get on my nerves too. It is all nice and fun, but when Fukamaru's presence in a scene is just for that joke I want to shake my head.
    Fukamaru is a fun pokemon by itself. It doesn't NEED to do that draco-meteor gag every time it appears.
    While Makina was a decent character who even gave Takeshi ( and his pokemon?! O.o) some screentime she couldn't save this episode from being mediocre.

The copy-gags didn't amuse me, the battles were kinda meh, the interaction ( besides Takeshi's part) boring.

There were a few nice touches though.
    Nyath's boss fantasy was funny, Pikachu's funny-faces felt nostalgic ( I bet it was just stock footage though xD) and , as serebii said, that scene with Zapdos and Cubone/Marowak was hilarously strange written and let's not forget the triple poison stab at the end. I would have liked more of this...

In conclusion:
    The anime had much better comedy based episodes. Maybe I have no sense of humor or I am too spoiled, but the copy-gags didn't do it for me.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I was a little bored.

Gible is becoming incredibly annoying. The plot wasn't funny, the battles weren't amusing.

I liked Piplup, the penguin was funny at the beginning and so was Pikachu. Pikachu's faces were a nice touch. I tried to keep up with the pokemon it tried to impersonate but couldn't. XD

I didn't watch this episode yet since I'm in USA, but is that a Shiny Ditto on the left?

I didn't watch this episode yet since I'm in USA, but is that a Shiny Ditto on the left?

Brock is a poor drawer :P

Added Episode Pictures. Sorry for the delay.

Added Episode Pictures. Sorry for the delay.

Its funny that Makina develops a crush on Brock.

Aww...

After seeing a Ditto or two, I was hoping Duplica would be involved...

I think the episode was fun to watch. It was cool to see Ditto in the Animé once again. Nohting big happened though. I'm more excited about the next episode. The Zapdos vs cubone and marowak part was funny. The piplup and gible parts too...

I have to say it was better than i thought it would be anyway quite enjoyable actually

The new ditto trandformation artwork is pretty damn cool seeing Zapdos is never a bad thing....even though it's the most showcased legendary bird....we couldn't have seen moltres no?

Is Makina actually related to Flint or just dressing up as him?

Sadly there was a lot of speech in this episode which i couldn't understand - damn not knowing Japanese

Brock is a fool a girl likes him finally (again) which he didn't like...i don't think and then he goes and ruins it by trying it on with another girl. Serves him right he got the triple *** jabbing lol (that sounds dirty :S lol)

She actually went off on bad terms with the group really without much of a goodbye. She must be the first COTD to walk off on bad terms with them?

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

It was ok. Are Zapdos common around Sinnoh in the anime? This Gible plot line is becoming boring. You would think Ash would try to train it by now. If he doesn't it isn't going to be much of an asset in the League.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 23rd April 2010 at 7:31 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I feel an old Snorunt storyline coming.

I thought the ending was funny with the three Croagunk's attacking Brock.
    Plat FC: ???? ???? ????
    Name: SCOTT

I lost My DS along with my Platinum game.

Quote Originally Posted by BM14murph View Post
    I have to say it was better than i thought it would be anyway quite enjoyable actually

The new ditto trandformation artwork is pretty damn cool seeing Zapdos is never a bad thing....even though it's the most showcased legendary bird....we couldn't have seen moltres no?

Is Makina actually related to Flint or just dressing up as him?

Sadly there was a lot of speech in this episode which i couldn't understand - damn not knowing Japanese

Brock is a fool a girl likes him finally (again) which he didn't like...i don't think and then he goes and ruins it by trying it on with another girl. Serves him right he got the triple *** jabbing lol (that sounds dirty :S lol)

She actually went off on bad terms with the group really without much of a goodbye. She must be the first COTD to walk off on bad terms with them?
    I've only checked the pictures.. but it seems to me that she is just dressing up as him. Why would you if you were related wear almost the same attire? Buck is Flint's alleged brother in game, and he wears a different set of clothing/hairstyle.

I only just noticed the walk off on bad terms part! Maybe she's going to reappear in the league in a double battle or something, since she seemed kinda peeved at Ash, though I dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It was ok. Are Zapdos common around in the anime? This Gible plot line is becoming boring. You would think Ash would try to train it by now. If he doesn't it isn't going to be much of an asset in the League.
    Actually, we've only seen five real Zapdos' in the animé, two of which are in the movies and two are presumably the same. Articuno has the title for being in most episodes and movies, though one appeared in a three episode arc with Todd/Snap, and another one appeared with Noland, and subsequent flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtukker View Post
    I feel an old Snorunt storyline coming.
    Yup, who doesn't? Though media confirm that Gible will still be Gible by the time the movie comes around. Furthermore the opening spoilered three major evolutions/capture, why wouldn't it spoil Gible's evolution?

DP's been weird like that. First giving us the impression that certain pokemon inhibit the main characters from having the same pokemon, most affirmatively the Piplup line, because Piplup disliked Prinplup's reflection and such. That and other rivals having evolutions of the main groups pokemon... probably because of Sinnoh's lack of new pokemon, and to keep the similarities down. Heck they even gave Nando two of the same evolutionairy line and Ursula got away with Plusle and Minum, since they're a duo, but TWO Eevee's!??

The pokemon in the maingroup which have/had evolved forms in other teams:
    Piplup
    Grotle - only exception to the appearant rule, which is why it surprised so many..
    Buneary
    Buizel
    Gible...

Pokemon that are on multiple teams:
    Gliscor
    Roserade
    Heracross
    Staraptor
    Torterra
    Glameow (Zoey and Johanna)
    Pokemon that are likely to/might appear:
    Electivire (Gary, Paul)
    Aggron (Conway, and Paul has a Lairon.. why would he have an underevolved pokemon, seems fishy)

Right.. looks back at what thread this is.. weird, out of place rant over!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

This was a very funny episode. You don't get the impact by just looking at pics.

I gather Gible is getting focused in every ep because its a late capture and will be leaving soon, so better focus on it as much as possible.

I'd agree if it did something other then east and hit Piplup with Draco Meteor. Ash needs to start training him already.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Actually, we've only seen five real Zapdos' in the animé, two of which are in the movies and two are presumably the same. Articuno has the title for being in most episodes and movies, though one appeared in a three episode arc with Todd/Snap, and another one appeared with Noland, and subsequent flashbacks.
    I meant to just say in Sinnoh.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The Dittos are still making me hungry. They look like Strawberry and Blueberry jelly!

Great episode.

But Brock is a dork, he got a girl interested on him again, and he ruined it with his antics again.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by NES View Post
    Great episode.

But Brock is a dork, he got a girl interested on him again, and he ruined it with his antics again.
    I think he's got that certain addiction that's been in the news more often as of late xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast