Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama! (641)

Finally had time to view this episode. It started out so cutely with Piplup sleeping under a tree then it got creepy since it was being stalked by a pair of eyes. Piplup starting eating all the food and it took me a minute to realize that it was only an imposter Piplup! Everyone was mad at it until it was revealed to be a fake, all thanks to Gible's trusty Draco Meteor as predicted. Togekiss was copied too but Dawn used her Pokeball and that solved it. Pikachu was mimicked too, though it wouldn't go in a Pokeball so that trick wouldn't weed-out the fake. Kinda odd since the fake Pikachu sounded different than the usual Pikachu and would have therefore been easier to spot. Just goes to show how unobservant Ash can be especially since he chose the wrong Pikachu and got shocked by the real one :S

Loved the return of Pikachu's famous Pokemon impressions as it was the cutest thing Pikachu ever did in the anime. Then that copycat girl shows up saying "please" in English instead of the usual Japanese word for please? She was imitating Flint apparently which would have almost passed as cute were it not for her Ditto's. Loved that one was a Shiny Ditto but it didn't transform into a Shiny-version of Pokemon which was a letdown. The girl's name was Makina (was she in Movie 12?) and she did have a bit of an attitude even going as far as talking about Paul I believe which surprised Ash. Team Rocket stalked Ash in Co from the bushes and Jessie started fantasizing and Meowth proceeded to his Boss Fantasy involving Regigigas and Giratina look-alikes courtasy of Ditto

Ash challenges Makina to a battle and of course she uses her Ditto since those were apparently her only Pokemon. Her Shiny Ditto was up first and it looked pretty darn snazzy all blue. Ash used Infernape and I was glad since it's such a strong Pokemon, but the Shiny Ditto transformed into an Infernape to counter it. Infernape and Ditto clashed with Flame Wheel and, shockingly, Ditto was powerful enough to withstand it. Infernape and Ditto used Mach Punch and I was sure Infernape had the type advantage but I forgot Ditto's type changes when it transforms. Ditto still lost, but probably only because Infernape was trained better. Makina sent her normal Ditto out to the battlefield and Ash returned Infernape, not a good move on his part I thought since Infernape is a star player :/

I guess I can't be mad since Ash chose Pikachu as his next Pokemon. Ditto transformed into Piplup and I thought, "Why do that? Piplup's a Water type and is therefore weak against Pikachu?!". Makina was clearly an amateur as seen when Pikachu's Thunderbolt caused a lot of damage against Ditto. She learned from her mistake and had Ditto transform into Pikachu. She used her PokeDex (orange?) to see what moves Pikachu could use, pretty smart. Pikachu easily countered Iron Tail and Makina resorted to Volt Tackle again Pikachu's Quick Attack? Apparently Makina didn't remember that Volt Tackle causes recoil damage and her Ditto lost while Ash's Pikachu was able to keep from getting injured. Makina then had a little temper tantrum and I though, "Seriously?". Ash beat her fair and square :[

Glad Dawn and Brock tried to talk her out of her drama but Makina seemed upset that she lost to Ash. Makina recalled how she apparently won most of her battles; having seen a Zapdos, she had her Ditto's transform into one to scare away trainers. Brock wasn't pleased to hear of her selfish act and he commenced to lecture her on the error of her ways lol. Brock showed a fiery passion I hadn't seen in years when he ranted about Pokemon to Makina (even Ash was surprised haha). Makina was reduced to tears but Brock forgave her and tried to teach her stuff? He started with the basic type advantage lecture which I was surprised Makina hadn't heard before. It was cute to see her taking notes though haha, just like a proper student should. She even asked questions to Brock as if he were a real teacher and I almost started to like this new Makina who seemed to want to learn how to battle properly.

During battle practice Brock used Happiny (about time), that thing hasn't gotten too much attention lately. Makina seemed to utilize all her knowledge during the battle which was interesting to watch. They were just about to finish things off when Team Rocket appeared and tried to steal Makina's Ditto. Jessie's Seviper used Haze and they made a quick getaway as always. I loved the Meowth and Wobbuffet triplets when Team Rocket released Ditto from the net lol. Staraptor led Ash and Co to Team Rocket's location and Makina was reunited (it felt so good) with her Ditto's. The usual Team Rocket battle ensued but Makina used type advantages to clobber Carnivine and Seviper. With Ash's help and three "Pikachu" on their side they blew Team Rocket away! When Makina left the group, she left with more knowledge than she originally had thanks to Brock. Though he had his mind on other things near the end, it was nice to see him getting scolded by THREE Croagunk lol. It was a pretty good episode, 9/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 27th April 2010 at 11:15 PM.

Funny how they mentioned steel-type move is ineffective against electric types in this episode. If I recall beforehand, there were several episodes that have Iron Tail hitting Pikachu as if it deals normal damage. That's anime for ya.

This episode was kinda boring for me. I didn't really care for the COTD or her 2 Dittos, probably the worst episode I've seen from this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    The girl's name was Makina (was she in Movie 12?) and she did have a bit of an attitude even going as far as talking about Paul I believe which surprised Ash.
    Actually that's not what she said. "Shinji" also means "beginner". She thought Ash and friends were beginning trainers. You can tell because the first thing Ash says in response is "Shinji ja nai!" ("Not beginners!") "Ja nai" is a negation that you hear from time to time in the show.
    Last edited by Geodude; 29th May 2010 at 4:19 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

It's amazing how Ditto changed into any of the pokemon - even Zapdos

Very interesting how Makina resembles Flint...either a relative or a fanatic
    Eeveelution Ace Trainer
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/28tw9d4.gif[/IMG]
    -Credit to Purplepassion-

Diamond/Pearl team pre-national dex
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/20gijow.png[/IMG]
    -Credit to Gladeshadow, Dark Valley Request Shop

And the ironic part about that is that she admires him and yet is totally clueless about battling.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

It seems that Makina is in over her head. She shouldn't underestimate Ash and his friends that's because they train their latest pokemon such as Togekiss and Gible. Dawn started her journey much earlier and Ash has been a great and experienced trainer for the last five years since he was 10 in Kanto. Not to mention he competed the Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,and Orange Leagues along with the Battle Frontier. In the end, Ash defeated her with ease. Looks like Makina form a rivalry with Ash. Brock instructs her then she admires her. Of course with Brock flirting, then she turns around.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Pretty cool episode. Wow, looks like we see Zapdos in Sinnoh again. Narissa seems like an interesting character with her Ditto. That was funny when Gible could tell which Piplup was Dawn's with Draco Meteor, although Dawn could have recalled Piplup into his Poké Ball. It's not the greatest of episodes, but it was pretty cool.
    8/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

The episode wasnt too bad, Narissa was quite cocky, but I can see why she wants to be, so she can be tough as nails when it comes to talking about winning Battles where she doesnt even have to battle. It was nice to see Brock got his strict side out while telling her that all talk isnt about battling. Quite impressive of Brock.

Seeing two Dittos, both regular and shiny, were nice to see in this episode. I missed the first two or three minutes, so I mustve missed the Gible gag.

But anyways, good episode, not too bad, and I loved the ending part since the gang has returned to the sight of Lake Valor! And the Lake Resort! Especially since the gang themselves havent been here since the Wallace Cup.

Sinnoh Grand Festival, HERE WE COME!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I actually liked this episode. Was even chuckling a bit at it:

-Narissa and her tom-boy personality

-The beginning was a laugh with the two Ditto confusing the gang, especially with the Piplup fight.

-Brock getting strict in this ep. trying to talk her back down to earth.

- Really getting down deep into the type advantages/disadvantages when they were battling against Team Rocket.

- A legendary Pokemon like Zapdos just floating by in broad daylight? Since there's been so many sightings the past few years, I guess they aren't considered legends anymore.

-But I really like was how Narissa was using her Pokedex to figure out her opponents moves for her Ditto instead of automatically knowing. To me, that's realism.

8/10

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

There's no way Narissa will ever win with just her two dittos as they're only good for breeding purposes. At first I thought she was Flint's relative until it turns out she's just a fangirl. I'm starting to feel scared that internet speak is slowly taking over our cartoons.

It was a great episode. Seeing a shiny Ditto is neat. And Ditto copying other Pokemon was funny in the beginning, and so was Brock getting a triple Poison Jab at the end. Next episode will be the Grand Festival, I can't wait to see it.

What I don't get, I thought ditto couldn't Transform by Memory.

This episode was funny when the two Dittos were confusing the gang. At first when Ditto transformed into Piplup, I knew which was the real one. After the Fake & Real Piplup got into a fight, I was completely lost. ^^; Kinda weird to see a Zapdos out of random, then again, ash has seen Ho-oh "out of random" Wow, Ash and Co. must have forgotten what Flint looked like if they didn't know that Narissa was wearing similar clothes (and similar hairstyle) then Flint. Also, funny at the end when Narissa kind of liked Brock, then he turned on her.

Next stop: SINNOH GRAND FESTIVAL

7/10
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Awww, Narissa said "noob" in the dub...

Anyways, this episode was okay for a filler. I liked the bit with Pikachu making faces, but you'd think even the twerps would notice that the real Pikachu made the faces first with Ditto imitating it. I found Narissa's attitude (most of the time) and Brock's drawings funny and YAY, we have arrived at Lake Valor. And this is kind of random, but doesn't Flint (and now Narissa) kind of look like Ronald McDonald?

n00b! lol. That made me laugh.

lol @ noobs.

I guess I'm the only one who thought it was hilarious to watch Gible use Draco Meteor to figure out which Piplup was real.

Some may call it a filler, because the episode itself didn't contribute much to the plot as a whole, but I really enjoyed it nevertheless.

This was one of those Pokemon episodes which has countless hilarious mini-aspects and scenes. So, let me just mention my favorite ones:

- Gible using Draco Meteor to find out which Piplup was Dawn's was not only funny but also highly smart and showed once again that Gible lost his initial playfulness (and is far from being clumsy!!), is extremely clever and has developed into a tough battler, just as I've always said it would

- Meowth's Boss Fantasy just cracked me up. I liked the fact that Giratina and Regigigas were involved, but what really made me laugh was when Giovanni and his grunts tried (at least in Mewoth's fantasy) to try to catch huge legendaries with a simple fishing net. Haha, who would ever do that?:XD:

- Brock acting like a teacher

- Rissa's outfit and her admiration for the Elite Four. I love it whenever there's a reference to the Elite Four, as they are automatically associated with one certain person... or should I say the angelic Queen of Pokemon? You know who I'm talking about Just the slightest hint of her wonderful existence makes every Pokemon episode something special!

- Ash sweeping Rissa in their battle. Keep it up, Ash!

- The battle against Team Rocket which after last week's battle was great and intense once again.

- Brock not feeling anything for Rissa. Oh dear Brock, finally there's a quite cute girl who admires you (and might even be in love with you) and all you can think of is hitting on a random girl with a miniskirt and seductive boots?? Oh, what a pity...
    you know what? you deserved that triple poison jab for being so blind :P

All in all, an awesome and entertaining episode.
    To all those who criticized me for not liking last week's episode: See, there can be great and fun plots even in so-called "fillers"

7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was good. Liked Ash's idea of finding the real Piplup. It was nice to see a Ditto again. Meowth's Giovanni fantasy was epic. Risa was one of the most annoying characters ever. The triple Croagunk was also epic.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I liked this episode despite it being a filler. I liked how Gible found Piplup, how Ash was called a noob (lol), and when Brock got a triple poison jab.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Well, the ep was fun to watch, I liked it when double Pikachu did the face transformations thing, cute and very funny. I found Rissa a funny character but she was also annoying, I mean how dare she called Ash a noob? >:(
    This was an ok filler so 6.5/10
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    lol @ noobs.

I guess I'm the only one who thought it was hilarious to watch Gible use Draco Meteor to figure out which Piplup was real.
    lol

Dawn: Which one is my Piplup?
    Gible: GIBLE!!!!! **Uses Draco Meteor**

Its so funny that Gible even acknowledges that his draco meteors hit Piplup every time.

The Hum Drum Melodrama continues! That's %$#@ing wonderful...

In this, we meet some fresh meat, who just so happens to be Flint's daughter, & she also has two dittos, with one of them being shiny. She thinks that, because she's a daughter of an Elite 4 member, she's all that, but Ash sure showed her. That fight was most certainly one-sided, & also very brief.

Brock steps in to teach her the ins & outs of the war-zone, but then we've got TR...

Everything else is all just nothing to get all excited about.

However, what is exciting is that they've made it to Lake Valor. Maybe, "just" maybe, the next episode will have the hot lead flying all over the place. Not this one, though...

lol this was a pretty funny episode loved how Gible used Draco Metoru to tell which one was Piplup how Rissa cosplays as Flin to make herself toughter how Brock got atyacked by poison jab by three Crogunks but he so deserved it, Ash not being able to tell which one was Pikachu and getting thundershocked for his troubles. Oh and Rissa calling As a noob then saying she had no badges. The Zapdos event as well was quite funny too

Hahahahahahaha! They said noob!
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast