Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !The Poison Pokémon Fan Club~

Default !The Poison Pokémon Fan Club~

Hello, hello, hello. And welcome to the Poison Pokémon Fan Club. In case the name of the club didn't already make this perfectly obvious, this club is all about Poison-type Pokémon and the people that like them. Of course, as with any club, there are rules that must be followed. Several of these rules were inspired by the Shiny Pokemon club, as they've worked so well there.

1: All regular forum rules must be obeyed. For your convenience, I have provided a link to aforementioned rules.
    2: No bashing of the Poison-type. It's perfectly alright to dislike a type, but to make a post with the sole purpose of saying bad things about it, that's just not cool. Plus, if you hate the Poison-type.... What are you even doing in this club?
    3: No one-liners. This does not mean that any post that does not exceed one sentence or one line of text is a one-liner. Mostly they are, but if you really and truly cannot go into any further detail on what you are saying that your post cannot possibly exceed one line/sentence, then it's probably OK. Due to the slightly ambiguous nature of the definition of a one-liner, we're a little more lenient on this rule than on most. Provided you fix your post if it is deemed to be a one liner.
    4: In order to join, you must first prove that you have read this post and that you agree to the rules of the club. You must copy and paste the following into your first post: "I, *insert username here*, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this good club and intend to follow them exactly." The bold typing is optional, though it'll be the first thing I look for. I got the idea from the Shiny Pokemon Club, and I personally think it's a good one. Nice way to make sure people read the rules.
    5: Discussion of Poison-types is not limited to the games. You may talk about Poison-types in the games, the manga, the anime, the TCG, and anything else I may have possibly missed.
    6: When joining, you must omit the words "good" and "exactly" from your pledge. This is to ensure that anyone wishing to join really did read the rules and didn't just gloss over looking for some bolded pledge. If I see the words good or exactly in your pledge, you will not be allowed to join until you fix it.
    7: Do not bump the club. If it's been inactive for over a month, let it be. I'll probably restart it if it comes to that. The only exception is down in the club rules. Allows me and only me to bump the club ONCE if nobody posts in it after this.
    8: It probably goes without saying, but obey all club rules as well. Again, I have provided a link to said rules.
    9: Here's how it works. I'm borrowing the strike system from the Shiny Pokemon Club and using it here. You break a rule, you get a strike (you can only get strikes from me or co-owners). You get three strikes, you're banned from the club. 1st time: 1 day. 2nd time: 3 days. 3rd time: 1 week. 4th time: 1 month. 5th time: 1 year. 6th time: You ain't coming back. This system gives you PLENTY of chances, so don't blow 'em. To clarify, anyone banned from the club indefinitely will also not be allowed into any subsequent incarnations of the club. If the club is someday remade by someone other than me, I WILL inform them who not to let in, make no mistake!
    10: Anyone wishing to be a co-owner need only ask. But be warned- we'll only have 3 co-owners, and it comes on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you're the fourth to ask for co-ownership, you're screwed. Sorry!
    11: Anyone is allowed to accept club members into the club, but only if they've read the rules and proven that they've done so. Any acceptance can be overturned by myself or a co-owner if someone somehow gets accepted in without having read the rules.
    12: Co-owners, please read. Do not immediately give strikes for one-liners. Give warnings for first offenses. For any one liners after the warning, however, strikes may be given as usual.

Owner:
    Missingno. Master

Co-Owners:
    LoneStarAkira
    Shepard922
    Time_2_Shine

Banned from club:
    For 1 day:

For 3 days:

For 1 week:

For 1 month:

For 1 year:

Forever:

----------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so have fun! And I'll start up our first topic:

What should our club mascot be?

Personally, I say Weezing, because it's my favorite Pokémon. But what say you guys?
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 17th May 2010 at 2:07 AM. Reason: Adding Time_2_Shine to the list of co-owners. Far too late...

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Bump

Also, just to clarify, posting here during a ban is a strikeable offense.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I, LoneStarAkira, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them.
    I'd love to join because Poison type Pokemon to me are a huge part of the games. Their designs and species are so different from one another, and there are so many different Poison type moves that are fun and effective in battle. Half of the reason I train Pokemon like Seviper and Crobat is because they learn awesome moves like Poison Tail and Poison Fang. c:

My favourite Poison types include Ivysaur, Nidorina, Nidorino, Venomoth, Victreebel, Ariados, Roselia, Seviper, and Stunky. Lol yeah, I have alot of favourite Poison-types!

I think something like Stunky or Croagunk would make good club mascots; Poison Pokemon that scream their type to you, rather than more subtle ones like Oddish or Bellsprout. Basic Pokemon take well to being mascots (look at Pikachu and Clefairy!); even if it was Koffing rather than Weezing, people would remember the mascot alot easier.

I have a question (or two); what things are we allowed to post in this club? Shiny Poison Pokemon? Poison Pokemon we catch in our games to show off movesets, stats, or even just a Poison Pokemon we're proud of? Fanart? Fan sprites? I'd love to know. Also, I don't mind either way, but it'd be really neat if I could take a co-owner position. <:

Hope my opening post wasn't too long. ;D
    Last edited by LoneStarAkira; 27th April 2010 at 7:57 AM.
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

I, Shephard922, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them.

Honestly I don't know much about Poison types, but I have a shiny Tentacool on my team that I should teach some good poison moves. Perhaps I can learn some things about using Poisons strategically. I've never really used status moves, but it's always a pain to be put against them. Actually, 3 of the Pokemon on my team (Tentacruel, Gengar, and Exploud) can learn Poison type moves, so although Exploud wouldn't get a type boost, I could still use Poison moves on my defense.

Co-owner wise, I'd certainly be interested. Although I don't know much about Poison attack techniques, I know how to follow rules and enforce them. After all, I'm in the Shiny Club, so you can trust me. I'll put this thread in my favorites tab, I'll start coming here and hopefully it will pick up, then I can learn some things.

Any chance this club will get some banners? And for the mascot, I think Weezing is a good choice. There's always Koga, too, I mean it's not a Pokemon but he is THE poison trainer, right?
    Last edited by Shephard922; 27th April 2010 at 9:29 AM.
    You can see my shiny Pokemon videos by visiting my YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Shephard922

LoneStarAkira and Shepard922, you're both in, welcome to the club! And you're both now co-owners.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarAkira View Post
    I have a question (or two); what things are we allowed to post in this club? Shiny Poison Pokemon? Poison Pokemon we catch in our games to show off movesets, stats, or even just a Poison Pokemon we're proud of? Fanart? Fan sprites? I'd love to know.
    All of the above is just fine. Anything to do with Poison-types is allowed here.

Shepard922, yes, the club will eventually have some banners. I'm going to make one, of course, and if anyone who joins feels they're artistic enough to whip up a banner, they're welcome to.

And here's how the mascot thing will work. After we get a good number of suggestions (and members), we'll vote on it. The Pokemon with the most votes will become our club mascot.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

"I, Nidoprince, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this good club and intend to follow them exactly."

The reason I joined this club is because I simply love the Nidos and lots of other Poison types such as Weezing, Muk, Gengar, etc. Not that their my favorite Pokemon, but they're really cool, and the Poison types overall have a nice group of Pokemon that I like.

Normally I'd say a Nido, but they don't make nice mascots. It's just that the first thing when you think of Nidoking is Nidoqueen and vice versa. I'd say Seviper would be best.
    Last edited by Nidoprince; 28th April 2010 at 4:39 AM.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    "I, Nidoprince, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this good club and intend to follow them exactly."

The reason I joined this club is because I simply love the Nidos and lots of other Poison types such as Weezing, Muk, Gengar, etc. Not that their my favorite Pokemon, but they're really cool, and the Poison types overall have a good group of Pokemon that I like.

Normally I'd say a Nido, but they don't make good mascots. It's just that the first thing when you think of Nidoking is Nidoqueen and vice versa. I'd say Seviper would be best.
    Hello there. Although the rules look like a long boring list, you should read every number, then you'll see what you did wrong in your pledge. Just fix the mistake and you can join. Thanks!

I decided what my final team is going to be, and 4 of them can learn poison moves, so I can actually get into using them.
    Last edited by Shephard922; 28th April 2010 at 12:28 AM.
    You can see my shiny Pokemon videos by visiting my YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Shephard922

Just wondering, anyone ever do an all-Poison team in any game? I have. First was in Emerald. I had Dustox, Vileplume, Tentacruel, Crobat, Weezing, and Seviper. I gave up eventually because it was literally impossible for me to beat Liza and Tate, although I suspect that it also had to do with my being horribly underleveled. And I had had trouble before that, too (You try beating Roxanne with just a Dustox!). Next was in Diamond, which is still going, although I barely play it anymore. I have Croagunk, Stunky, Golbat, Gengar, and Dustox. Saving the last slot for Tentacruel. And in SoulSilver, I currently have Koffing, Arbok, Crobat, Qwilfish, Nidoking, and Beedrill. This one's still going strong.

Also just realized, once this club gets some banners, I won't be able to use them, because of the banner in my sig, showing my shinies. Well, it's really 2 banners. So unless they change the rules and allow 3 banners per sig, I'm screwed.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Shephard922 View Post
    Hello there. Although the rules look like a long boring list, you should read every number, then you'll see what you did wrong in your pledge. Just fix the mistake and you can join. Thanks!

I decided what my final team is going to be, and 4 of them can learn poison moves, so I can actually get into using them.
    Oh, my apoligies. I must've missed the rule. Fixed.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

I've decided that I'm going to play through Ruby with a Poison type team. I've never actually attempted a type-themed team before, so this'll be my first. <:

I'll update every now and then with pics of my folks. I won't be EV training them, but I'm going to try and get decent natures. I wonder if we should throw in a Poison Scramble Team challenge for people to try out, too. Sort of like the Scramble Team topics on the Discussion Threads, only it's for Poison types only. ^_^
    Last edited by LoneStarAkira; 29th April 2010 at 3:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    Oh, my apoligies. I must've missed the rule. Fixed.
    Er... Did you even actually change anything in your post? It says you edited it, but it looks the same.

Also, I read over the signature rules. Looks like they've changed since last I saw them, so it turns out that I will be able to put another banner in my sig, after all! It's just gotta be small enough. Well, not a problem. I'll see what I can do. But I am rather busy tonight and tomorrow, so it may be a few days before any of you actually see a banner for this club.

LoneStarAkira: Good luck with that, especially if you're not trading in any eggs of anything. I know from experience that it is HARD to beat Roxanne with just a Dustox, and that's the only Poison-type you'll be seeing initially.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 29th April 2010 at 2:35 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    LoneStarAkira: Good luck with that, especially if you're not trading in any eggs of anything. I know from experience that it is HARD to beat Roxanne with just a Dustox, and that's the only Poison-type you'll be seeing initially.
    I'm just wondering if I should have a team of Poison-users rather than go by actual type. That way I can have some decent Pokemon throughout the game, but have at least two Poison moves for each one. I'm going to look up what Pokemon I like that can use moves (Toxic is a must, though. Brutal, that move!) that are Poison-type. I think I might also include Zangoose, considering he actually has an immunity to poisoning. :3

Has anyone drawn any pictures of Poison types? I'd love to see some. I might try and draw some when I get around to it... >_>
    Last edited by LoneStarAkira; 29th April 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarAkira View Post
    I'm just wondering if I should have a team of Poison-users rather than go by actual type. That way I can have some decent Pokemon throughout the game, but have at least two Poison moves for each one. I'm going to look up what Pokemon I like that can use moves (Toxic is a must, though. Brutal, that move!) that are Poison-type. I think I might also include Zangoose, considering he actually has an immunity to poisoning. :3
    Eh, well, if you want to do that, go right ahead. But an all-Poison-type team isn't exactly the worst thing in the world.

Well, as far as my SoulSilver goes, my Koffing finally evolved! Oh, and I got all the badges. Beating Clair was surprisingly easy. Had a lot to do with Qwilfish's Toxic Spikes, Nidoking's Blizzard, and even Weezing's SmokeScreen. Yes, my Weezing still knows SmokeScreen. Oh, and I also captured Lugia. Wound up Masterballing it. I mean, when your entire team has a type disadvantage against the version mascot, one tends to not last too long against it.

....MAN, the elite 4 is gonna be hell....

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I feel bad for switching around my ideas for a Poison team all the time. x__x

I have more favourite Poison types on LeafGreen than I do on Ruby. I've already got a Butterfree on my team; although he isn't Poison-type, in the future he can learn Toxic. Wether he's just a temporary team member or not doesn't bother me, because I'm having a Venomoth and Victreebel on my team as soon as I can reach them. I've always wanted an Ariados on my team also, so he's a certain possibility after I pass the Elite Four, but I need to find some other Poison-types that are a bit stronger/have more resistances.

I'm going to have a browse and see what non-Poison Pokemon can learn at least two Poison type moves. : D

Congratulations to you, MM, as well, for getting that beauty of a shiny Grimer on the first egg!

Hello guys and gals! I heard of this club and I was immediately interested. Poison type pokemon are not my favorite but poison type moves are pretty awesome! My favorite poison type pokemon would probably be crobat or gengar (I have both in my platinum). "I, Time_2_Shine, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them."
    I was also interested in the co-owner position if I may?
    On the shiny poison pokemon note, I'm really interested in a shiny seviper!
    Currently a member of The Shiny Hunter's Club
    Recent Shinies:
    M/M shiny Charmander in Platinum hatched after 777 eggs!
    SR Shiny Lugia in SoulSilver caught after 4,925 SRs!!!
    M/M for Shiny Zorua in White hatched after 619 eggs!
    Shiny Hunts:
    SRing for Suicune in SoulSilver (3,818 SRs--On Hold)
    SRing for Shiny Latias in SS (3,000 SRs)
    M/M for Shiny Shroomish in Platinum (335 eggs)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    *Trading away Zorua with the egg move dark pulse, PM me if interested!*
    Any suggestions? Thanks, T1M€_2_$H1NŁ
    Platinum Trading and Battling FC: 0044 9616 8058

Credit goes to §Suicune§

I have my Poison team for LeafGreen all planned out, and I'm really happy with it. ^o^

I decided on having a couple of non-Poison types on my team to help with playing through the game as normal. While Tentacruel is a Surf-able Poison-type, he really doesn't appeal to me as a party member, and I've always seen Porygon as a Pokemon that can easily adjust to themed teams with its Conversion moves. Gengar and Venomoth are planned to be shiny; I'll be playing with a regular Venomoth until I'm able to trade my shiny one over, and Gengar will be hunted for, since I've wanted a shiny Gengar for a long time. : D

NIGHTSHADE/GENGAR
    Nature: Unknown until capture
    Moves: Shadow Punch, Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond, Thunderbolt
    Any suggestions on a different move for him if Destiny Bond isn't good enough?

ARIAN/ARIADOS
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Spider Web, Sludge Bomb, Facade, Dig

GUILLOTINE/CRAWDAUNT
    Nature: Brave
    Moves: Sludge Bomb, Guillotine, Crabhammer, Surf

ORACLE/VENOMOTH (shiny one is named LEVIEN)
    Nature: Mild (Serious for the shiny one)
    Moves: Psychic, Silver Wind, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain

MEGIDO/SEVIPER
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves: Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Secret Power, Earthquake
    There's no way I can leave this guy out when he learns the two coolest Poison moves out there!

VISTA 2.1/PORYGON2
    Nature: Quiet
    Moves: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Toxic, Conversion
    If someone can suggest a better moveset for him, let me know. I decided against Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb as they require decent Atk for it, and Porygon's family focuses more on Sp.Atk; my Toxic TM will be used on this guy.

Suggestions on improvement of the team? I'd rather not change members at this point, unless it's a replacement for Ariados, where I'd rather it be another non-Poison-but-can-use-Poison-moves Pokemon, just so that my two non-Poison Pokemon aren't left out. Right now my team is a Butterfree with no Poison moves (forgot to let it learn PoisonPowder), and a Weepinbell. Both will be removed when I get my proper members, but I'm going to play through as much as I can with Poison types wether I keep them on my team or not, so I might replace my Butterfree with a Nidorino when I get the chance. c:
    Last edited by LoneStarAkira; 3rd May 2010 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_2_Shine View Post
    Hello guys and gals! I heard of this club and I was immediately interested. Poison type pokemon are not my favorite but poison type moves are pretty awesome! My favorite poison type pokemon would probably be crobat or gengar (I have both in my platinum). "I, Time_2_Shine, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them."
    I was also interested in the co-owner position if I may?
    On the shiny poison pokemon note, I'm really interested in a shiny seviper!
    You're in, welcome to the club, and you are a co-owner!

Well, as many of you undoubtedly know already, I hatched a shiny Grimer last friday! Unfortunately it's Calm and has Stench, but hey! As I always say, a shiny is a shiny.

LSA, not a bad team. But how do you intend to get Ariados, Seviper, and Porygon2 before getting the National Dex?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    LSA, not a bad team. But how do you intend to get Ariados, Seviper, and Porygon2 before getting the National Dex?
    I'm planning on having it fully built before I go for the second round in the Elite Four. Forgot to mention that. ^_^''

I'd much rather play through with some temporary Poison types in the meantime than have a full Kanto-dex Poison team planned, otherwise there's little to look forward to later on. : D

Here's a few interesting little facts about the poison type, I pulled this from Bulbapedia but it's just something to talk about.

-Poison was the most common type in Generation I.
    -There has yet to be a pure Poison-type Pokémon which is the final stage in a three-stage evolutionary line.
    -With the exception of Arceus holding a Toxic Plate, there has yet to be a Poison-type legendary Pokémon.
    -As of yet, no pure Poison-type Pokémon have been introduced in an even-numbered generation.
    -Gulpin and Seviper are the only pure Poison-type Pokémon not colored blue or purple.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._(type)#Trivia
    Last edited by Shephard922; 4th May 2010 at 8:55 AM.

"I, Zorg, do hereby state that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them."

Hey, i would like to join this club because, personally, i have barely ever trained up Pokemon like Weezing and Muk, but i know that they are good and i fell like training one now... But anyway, recently i have discovered the full potential of Poison types, although i have always liked (looks and skill wise) Pokemon such as Crobat, Nidoqueen, Victreebel, Tentacruel and Ariados, but there are far more. My absolute favorite Poison type is probably Nidoqueen or Victreebel, i love Crobat but just seem to get bored with it. Anyway, may as well catch up with the topics:

hmm.. a well known poison type, i think it should be Nidoking. I could always try to make a hybrid of 2 poison types just to see what it turns out like...

Zorg, you're in, welcome to the club!

Anyone here use Shoddy Battle? I've been kicking some serious butt with an all-poison team.

Now, I've never considered going all-poison in FR/LG, as I like to have all non-Flash HMs on hand. And Golbat can't learn Fly in those games.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yea i played Shoddy for a while on my brother's laptop, and he still plays it heaps. Unfortunately i cant play it again till i get my own laptop. Umm... just a question, can anyone make new topics? Or can only the owner/co-owners make them.

Edit: Ok, just finished a fusion between Parasect and Muk, ill post it now with the two different colour types i did:

Last edited by Zorg; 7th May 2010 at 1:17 PM.

Hello new members Sorry for being away! Ok, so a mascot? Hmm... Nidoking is cool and Gengar is cool too. That's one wicked mix of pokemon Zorg!
    Currently a member of The Shiny Hunter's Club
    Recent Shinies:
    M/M shiny Charmander in Platinum hatched after 777 eggs!
    SR Shiny Lugia in SoulSilver caught after 4,925 SRs!!!
    M/M for Shiny Zorua in White hatched after 619 eggs!
    Shiny Hunts:
    SRing for Suicune in SoulSilver (3,818 SRs--On Hold)
    SRing for Shiny Latias in SS (3,000 SRs)
    M/M for Shiny Shroomish in Platinum (335 eggs)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    *Trading away Zorua with the egg move dark pulse, PM me if interested!*
    Any suggestions? Thanks, T1M€_2_$H1NŁ
    Platinum Trading and Battling FC: 0044 9616 8058

Credit goes to §Suicune§

Thanks Time 2 Shine, i'm thinking of doing a couple more of poison pokemon and making a few banners for the club (if they turn out well) just for fun, as i havent done any before.

Anyway, so is anyone allowed to make topics?

Talking

I, Vermelho Steele, (proper spelling) do hereby state that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them.
    Good? Exactly (joking, I read the rules). Anyway, I would wish to join as I really do admire the poison type as it truly has a unique style of play, like you'll need to fight in ways other than pummeling with raw power. Plus, there is nothing more beautiful than a confuse/poison/sleep combination while draining and chipping the enemies health away...

My favourite Poison types are (in no particular order) Gengar, Nidoking/queen, Drapion, Weezing, Venomoth and Crobat. Out of all Poisons, Gengar is probably the most powerful. I like running Poison type challenges on Emerald and, if I had it that is, FireRed.

Is there anything else to mention? Oh yes, the mascot. I personally approve of Weezing; it's powerful, it's actually based on poison, it has been in Pogermanz since Gen' 1 and it just looks so damn cool.
    Last edited by Vermehlo_Steele; 11th May 2010 at 1:43 PM.
    Progress in society's medicine
    "Doctor, I have an ear ache."
    2000 BC - "Here, eat this root."
    1000 BC - "That root is heathen, say this prayer."
    1850 AD - "That prayer is superstition, drink this potion."
    1940 AD - "That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill."
    1985 AD - "That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic."
    2000 AD - "That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root!"

Was your first Pokemon game Red, Blue or Yellow? Yes? Read this.

Spoiler:- QUOTES:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast