Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you ever "embarrassed" to play Pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekirai View Post
    I'm not embarassed about it at all, I'd just like to avoid letting people know about it who will clearly give me stick for it. Which seems to be the norm.
    Pretty much this.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Before I realized there are fans older than me, yes I was embarrassed of it.
    Now I really don't care. But I never tell unless somebody asks me.
    Last edited by skittyeevee; 14th May 2010 at 3:44 AM.
    skittyeevee's PokePet

Ash the level 60 Flareon!

Eevee = awesome!

The way I see it, the people who rudely critique someone display juvenile behavior to begin with. Do you really think that person is qualified to lecture someone one maturity?

Not really. A lot of people at my school play it. Even my chemistry teacher. She connects walkers with students all the time.

Not particularly, but I'd only discuss Pokemon if someone asks me.
    I claimed Giratina.

Level me up, please!

to be honest, i find it's better than half the crap other people are into...

This made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by hitoshura0 View Post
    Anyways, why would you? If you enjoy it, then do it. At least your not drinking so much your throwing up in public or randomly murdering people.
    pretty much sums it up!
    Last edited by voidhawk; 14th May 2010 at 8:42 AM.

White FC: 1378-6873-9082

VM me for battles/trades

I'm not really embarrassed about it. But I choose carefully which of my friends should know about it.

And a Happy New Year.

Well, i'm 23 and i love Pokémon since Red came out. I have a friend that is almost 23 years old and he plays Platinum. We trade and battle sometimes. So i'm not embarrassed about it.

A bit but I don't really care anymore

I am bit of embarrased, actually afraid to play in front of others.. especially before my mom, she makes fun of it cuz she tells it as the "jumping thing game" [i think she saw when i am playing pokemon HG, and she must have noticed that scene of lyra's marill jumping].. sometimes she scolds me for me playing kids' game.. but i dont care basically..
    My current Soulsilver Teamlvl 35

lvl 28

lvl 37

lvl 33

lvl 17

Default Pokémon rocks!

Well I'm 15 years old and have played pokémon basicly all my live. since the day pokémon red came out i've played all the games there have been of pokémon.
    And even my mother playes it sometimes and she's 43 but I'm a bit scared to play it in front of others from my class.

dude, your not too old, I know plenty of teenagers at my school who are OBSESSED with Pokemon, heck I even know plenty of Adults who love the series, you shouldnt be embarrased of liking something JUST because your 'too old' to be honest, I know a couple of girls at my high school who still watch Dora the Explorer and arent afraid to admit it XD

so just play what you want, if people are troubling you, just ignore them
    Last edited by MewtwoLegend; 17th May 2010 at 10:53 PM.

No...and i blow things up 4 fun...so umh...nope im not embarrased of playing pokemon
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth
    Heard that the latitwin stones are tradeable now. If its true ill apreciate a pair to test this guys before they go mainstream. PM me if you can help.

Ashamed? Please. I'm 16 and for an art project I painted Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise.

Never have, never will be!

I'm friends with all the pokemon friends at my school, and I'm almost 16!

im super embarrased about it.
    if i would even say the word pokemon in my sdhool,i would have no friends ...=( but i like it,so i aint gonna stop playing it.
    but,i would love to have some friends to talk about pokemon with..
    Currently working on a new sig. Come back for it later.

Pokemon is essentially MY WHOLE LIFE. Without Pokemon I couldn't even exist. Seriously. So I'm not at all embarrassed.
    A loyal servant of Albert Wesker, and the master of sandviches.
    No, not Jill sandviches. Sorry.

My scroll in Dragon Cave. Go and click my babies, will ya?

I have officially claimed Yanma.
    GYHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bryan Fury is MINE!

I have noticed that once you reach a certain age, and especially if you go to college, Pokemon becomes cool again. Heck, it becomes even cooler than it was when it was big.
    Case in point. Sometime during last semester, someone used chalk to draw an awesome Red Gyarados on one of the pillars of the art building. It was so much win.

I got a DS and SS because my roommate next semester got a DS and HG.

Plus, there could be worse things to like... like Twilight. *shudders at the fail*

I'm a 21 year old female who plays, draws, writes, etc. Pokemon stuff. I take my pokewalker everywhere and I'll whip it out in front of a bunch of cute guys. I have no shame. I play my DS at the park or Starbucks frequently.

The only person who bugs me about it occasionally is my mother. hah.

Lol it's kinda good when your bigger than everyone and they're afraid of you even when your sitting there playing pokemon :P

Just to share, I actually met one of my best friend 5 years ago when we were still playing Sapphire/Ruby. I was working then, traveling to a specialized Computer Shopping Centre to buy some computers for my company. That's when I met this guys playing his ruby his GBA while watching his friend playing the shop XBOX console. I was 18yrs old that time, he was 3 years younger than me)

We exchanged a battle and phone number and kept in contact till now. Without pokemon, we might never know either other at all. (I lost terribly to his Speed Boost + Sword Dance + Baton Pass) <- U know what pokemon was that~~!!
    Soon (順)
    Lucky Diamond number: 0172-7968-9204(JAP)
    Pearl Serial Number: 2148-4697-6711(ENG)
    Darkness ID: 3608-9561-2076(JAP)
    Time Now: 1676-4427-9504 (ENG)

I'm not embarrassed. No one really says anything about it. Like in lunch when everybody's around, I'll pull out my DS and they'll say "what're you playing?" and I'll tell 'em, "Pokemon". "oh, ok, so anyway..." If they don't care, I don't care.

. . . . .
    (Nike) . (Mikeッ) . (Rick) . (Terri) . (Joe) . (Aggro)

Up until about a year ago, when I got Platinum, I played only in the shadows. Now, I don't really care about playing HG or Pt out in the open. Heck, I'm pretty sure that I even brought my pokewalker to prom out of habit.
    3DS FC: 0275-8333-9837
    Safari Type: Ground - Sandshrew, Marowak, and Diggersby

I'm 18-years-old and I play/watch/draw Pok&#233;mon like a religion.
    Like most of you, I, too, take my Pok&#233;walker everywhere I go.

I'm in college now, mind you.
    Sure, I may get some baffled looks or some snickering, but I honestly could care less.

My boyfriend's the same way.
    We've both been playing Pok&#233;mon since day one and because of it,
    our relationship couldn't be better!

Lol so in a way, Pok&#233;mon brings people closer.

Don't be ashamed, guys!

Bismarck, Nosferatu, Apollo, Geisha, Kodak, Molossus

I am a little bit. I'm a girl, I'm 18, and standing on the line on the 10th anniversary (I think I was 15 or 16 back then) to choose some Pokemon while most people around me where boys around 10 year old was a really awkward experience! X-P
    But I won't quit. It's an awesome video game, and I'm playing since generation I! I actually grew up with Pokemon! :-)
    Plus, I won't have any shyness issueanymore, since you can download the event pokemon and trade or battle wirelessly. Generation IV solved this problem ^^

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast