Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are you ever "embarrassed" to play Pokémon?

that was one of the reasons i gave up pokemon back in the fourth gen for awhile ( around platnums days last episode i saw was dawns piplup saying it wouldn't evolve) but years later awhile after black 2 came out i say walk though of pokemon black and i couldn't help myself i love pokemon and nothing like that will get me to quit again i ended up buying black 2 and returning to pokemon on chirstmas 2012, i will be 16 in a few days i started playing around 03 with fire red i am still trying to regain my pokemon sense
    Last edited by mew 2000; 23rd May 2013 at 4:02 AM.
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I used to be embarrassed about it when I was younger, but I eventually learned to stop caring. I'm going to like what I'm going to like, and it's as simple as that.

Somewhat. I admit, it is sort of embarrassing but then again, not like most people will care about it and I don't think there is something to be embarrassed about it. If there's nothing wrong, then I should have that kind of feeling so that's what I'd say.
    - Nate the

Never! They should be embarrassed because they aren't playing D:< Honestly, at this point I couldn't care less even if I tried. But that's just me. :/
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

Pokemon? Heck, I happily watch and talk about My Little Pony in school should the topic ever arise. Pokemon is a personal pleasure that a couple students a grade or two lower and I chat on about. They recently told me about a possible Japanese translation that states there will be an Emerald remake. They said it was a 75% chance, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

12 is old now? lol

i'm 21 and i've never been embarrassed of it. i had pokemon backpacks through school, i'll wear pokemon clothes, play the games in public, show off my cards in elementary school. It's probably the opposite of embarrassing.

I'm not embarrassed to play it but I would be nervous about discussing it, like all other "childish" games. But I don't see how you can be slagged for playing it, just because it's era of mainstream popularity is over. It's not as if the games have become much more immature over the years

All my friends know, and they don't care. They respect what I like.so no, not really.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Why would playing Pokemon be embarrassing?

Nope, not at all. And I'm almost 28. If I'm having fun with it, I don't give a rat's behind what anyone else thinks about it.

Hey, I'm in the military, and a surprising amount of people I know openly play Pokémon along with myself. I know that I'll have no qualms about brining it up, as there are so many fellow avid players to talk about it with wherever I go. (And yes, I'm 22 and still love the games.)
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

Oh man did I used to be...in those teenage years I had from middle and high school years I surely was. It was even until I was in 8th Fred that I even got back into playing 3rd gen. After I did I kept it hidden until in high school I found a few of my friends still played. Slowly getting back into it more after but still felt uneasy about anyone outside that group knowing. Now I'm 22 and really don't care who knows I play the games it that I still like Pokémon. In fact, I'll openly play play on my Pikachu 3ds in public when I get stuck somewhere having to wait. Never got any remarks about it but hey, it's a game series I enjoy along with millions of others. It's no different than any other successful game series out there. I enjoy it for what it is and never again will keep it hidden.

Not at all. Which is weird for someone like me who is always worried about what other people think. I guess Pokemon's become such a classic that it's no longer a nerdy/kid thing.
    B2/W2 Team
    My Favorites

Spoiler:- Shinies Spotted:

http://www.Facebook.com/GhostCult

I will never be embarrassed. When you get to college, you learn a lot more people play Pokemon than you think. My entire floor just about played Pokemon and we had a tournament one day.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

no i will never get embarrassed. Most of my friends play it anyway so yeah
    I love every Pokemon!

I'm 17 years old and I still play it. Some people get shocked when I tell them that I love Pokemon, because they say that it doesn't fit my image. I'm not embarrassed at all.

He Will Be Loved l Sig By Sworn Metalhead

If I were back in Middle or High School, I'd probably say yeah. But now as I've grown older, I've come to realize that other's opinions are just that... opinions. If they find pokemon to be to "childish" or "nerdy" then that's their point of view, not mine. If I enjoy something, I shouldn't try to change myself to fit in with others ideals, it's not like my enjoyment of the series is going to affect them in any way, and if for whatever reason they think it does and that I should stop, they can just suck it up and deal with it. I have the right to play what I want, where I want.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

I have plenty of friends who play Pokémon, and we are all high school upper-classmen! Last year we would bring our DS systems and play it in the mornings in the cafeteria before school technically started. The funniest thing I must say is that we were only busted once.

Teacher: You know, you're technically not supposed to have electronics on school property...

Me: *Looks at friends* Okay, I'm just going to put this away now and we'll all forget this even happened... *Puts away DS*

Teacher: *Nods and walks away*

Me: *Gets out DS five minutes later*

In other words, my friends have a similar mindset so it was never an issue for me.

Credit goes to Lucina Archaelis

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345