Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The SoUUnd of Music (Semi-CRMT)

Default The SoUUnd of Music (Semi-CRMT)

Back. Again. For the umptheenth time and then some. This is a UU team that makes all my previous ones look underpowered and useless. It's also a Musical RMT. So, let's bring it on.

Time of Dying by Three Days Grace on One-X

Break Me Down by Red on The End of Silence

Falling Inside The Black by Skillet on Comatose

One Step Closer by Linkin Park on Hybrid Theory

Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against on The Sufferer & The Witness

Anthem of the Angels by Breaking Benjamin on Dear Agony

*Time of Dying*

Frosslass@Focus Sash
    Timid
    Ev's:4Hp/252Sp.Atk/252Spe
    ~Snow Cloak~
    -Spikes
    -Taunt
    -Destiny Bond
    -Ice Beam

Standard Frosslass lead. Taunts SR users, Spikes the field, and then Destiny Bond to take your opponent with you. Ice Beam is simply so Taunt Ambipom doesn't laugh it up in Lassy's face.

On the ground I lay
    Motionless in pain
    I can see my life flashing before my eyes
    Did I fall asleep?
    Is this all a dream?
    Wake me up, I'm living a nightmare...

*Break Me Down*

Hitmonchan@Choice Band
    Adamant
    Ev's:252Atk/212Spe/40Hp/4Sp.Def
    ~Iron Fist~
    -Close Combat
    -Ice Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Thunderpunch

Some of you are probably wondering why I'm using Hitmonchan over Hitmonlee. The answer is simple, because Hitmonchan has Ice Punch, Iron Fist, and slightly better defenses. Close Combat nets a 2HKO on Muk, Calm Slowbro, most Slowking, and pretty much anything else that doesn't resist it. Ice Punch OHKO's non-supporter Venusaur. Thunderpunch allows me to have a second option for bulky waters like Slowbro, and Mach Punch is for Priority. The EV's let him outspeed Max Speed Neutral Base 70's, all Base 60's, and ensure that he's not SR/Spikes weak.

I want to find...
    I want to shine...
    I want to rise...
    Break me down!

*Falling Inside The Black*

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Sassy
    Ev's:252Hp/4Def/252Sp.Def
    ~Syncronize~
    -Payback
    -Curse
    -Wish
    -Heal Bell

The Ubereon, which I used on my last UU team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    This Umbreon set is a three-way cross between the roles filled by CurseBreon, SupportBreon, and CroBreon. After being swept 6-0 by her, my friend MC affectionately dubbed her the Ubereon. Heal Bell and Wish are a more reliable (albeit slightly less effective) RestTalk combo. Curse gets her excellent bulk and power, and Payback in conjunction with Curse becomes 150 BP move (with STAB factored in) with multiple boosts behind it. Wish and Heal Bell also work on my allies, so Umbreon can support and sweep at the same time.
    Falling in the black
    Slipping through the cracks
    Falling to the depths can I ever go back?
    Dreaming of the way it used to be
    Can you hear me?
    Falling inside the black!

*One Step Closer*

Venusaur@Life Orb
    Mild
    Ev's:56Hp/164Atk/96Sp.Atk/192Spe
    ~Overgrow~
    -Power Whip
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Sleep Powder
    -Earthquake

Screw Raikou, Slowbro, Spiritomb, Mismagius, Swellow, Azumaril, Altaria, and Blaziken. This thing, right here, is the scariest thing in UU, no question about it. My modified MixSaur is able to effectively kill, cripple, or maim ANY Pokemon in UU. Power Whip gets 2HKO's on Slowbro, Clefable, Chansey, Claydol, Blastoise, non-MS Activated Milotic, Feraligatr, and Azumaril. Sludge Bomb OHKO's Sceptile, Leafeon, Eggexutor, Ludicolo, Cacturne, Shiftry, Tangrowth, and Jumpluff. Sleep Powder cripples anything that Venusaur fails to at least 2HKO, and EQ OHKO's almost any UU Fire Type, Bulky Arcanine, Moltres, Charizard, and Entei being exempted. The EV's hit the necessary power targets, outspeed Mixed Altaria, Mixed Blaziken, other Mixed Venusaur, and all Pokemon aiming to outspeed them by one point, while letting Venusaur get 11 LO uses instead of 10. With Umbreon keeping status off with Heal Bell and healing him with Wish, he's unstopable. So let me ask you... are you afraid yet?

I need a little room to breathe
    'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge
    And I'm about to break!
    Shut up when I'm talking to you!
    Shut up!
    Shut up!
    SHUT UP...
    I'M ABOUT TO BREAK!

*Prayer of the Refugee*

Blastoise@Leftovers
    Bold
    Ev's:252Hp/96Def/160Sp.Def
    ~Torrent~
    -Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic
    -Protect

My ToxiStaller Blastoise set. I used it a long time ago on a UU team that most of you will probably remember. It's extremely effective, crippling any Spin Blocker in UU except CroTomb. He's designed to pull up my oppnent's strategy at the roots, spinning away their hazzards and crippling their sweepers.

But we've been sweating while you slept
    So calm in the saftey of your home.
    We've been pulling out the nails
    That hold up everything you've known!

*Anthem of the Angels*

Altaria@Life Orb
    Rash
    Ev's:112Atk/252Sp.Atk/144Spe
    ~Natural Cure~
    -Draco Meteor
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast
    -Roost

This birdy might seem angelic, but it's a demon in disguise. Effectively the UU MixMence, MixTaria can wipe out anything that the rest of my team can't handle. 112 Atk Ev's allows a 2HKO on the standard Chansey with EQ after two layers of Spikes, Draco Meteor is a finishing move, and Fire Blast hits Steel, Grass, and Ice types hard. Roost for healing. She's more or less the thing that wipes out any chance my opponent has completely.

I keep holding onto you
    But I can't bring you back to life...
    Sing the anthem of the angels
    Then say the last goodbye...

Fire away, guys.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 4th May 2010 at 7:02 PM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Everything looks good here, but I'm a little iffy on
    Venusaur. The idea is awesome, don't get me wrong,
    but I feel like making him mixed is stretching him a
    bit too thin. Since 'Taria and Frosslass have FB and IB
    respectively I feel like you could drop Sludge Bomb
    for SD, and still be able to take out Tangrowth/Sceptile
    with your other members.

I'm probably being too nit-picky, but that's the only thing
    I could rate, and didn't just wanna spam with "nice team".

^^,

^Click it!^

^Actually, Sludge Bomb is probably the thing that makes him so unstoppable. It gets great neutral coverage with PW and EQ, and it stops Physical walls cold. 252/252Bold Uxie takes 50% damage from Sludge Bomb, and the Poison chance makes it all the sweeter. MixSaur is virtually impossible to switch into safely and then OHKO the next turn.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Cool team.

I'd say that Hitmon4chan could use ThunderPunch to guarantee a way to beat Slowbro / Slwoking, but your Venusaur has that covered anyway.

SubRoost Moltres loves this team, with the exception of Blastoise (and maybe Altaria). You may want to look into that.

Have a nice day.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

You have two pokemon weak to flying and nothing to resist it, so you could use a more definite way of dealing with Swellow. Putting a spiritomb on your team Running max Def EVs on Blastoise, as well as giving it Ice Beam should help you deal with this.

Seconding SD on Saur. After a boost she wouldn't need the coverage provided by Sludge Bomb, and still makes a potent sweeper.

I hope this was enlightening for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    Cool team.
    Thanks, it took a while to make.

I'd say that Hitmon4chan could use ThunderPunch to guarantee a way to beat Slowbro / Slwoking, but your Venusaur has that covered anyway.

Yeah, that would help with Moltres switch-ins too. I'll update that over Fire Punch.

SubRoost Moltres loves this team, with the exception of Blastoise (and maybe Altaria). You may want to look into that.
    Yeah, Blastoise is pretty much the only check I have for any Moltres. LO Tres is more bothersome because half of them carry HP Grass, but the rest carry HP Ice. Not really much I can do about that though.

Have a nice day.
    Thanks, you too.

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    You have two pokemon weak to flying and nothing to resist it, so you could use a more definite way of dealing with Swellow. Putting a spiritomb on your team Running max Def EVs on Blastoise, as well as giving it Ice Beam should help you deal with this.
    Meh, Blastoise can already deal with Swellow, thanks to Swellow's fragility. Toxic Orb Swellow is also easily stalled out, thanks to Protect. At most, Swellow will score one kill, thanks to Hitmonchan's powered up Mach Punch. It's an assured OHKO after three turns of Toxic, and that's easily accomplished thanks to Blastoise.

Seconding SD on Saur. After a boost she wouldn't need the coverage provided by Sludge Bomb, and still makes a potent sweeper.

I hope this was enlightening for you.
    Absolutely not. I am not having my most powerful team member (it's swept entire teams with Wish/Heal Bell support, fgs) be useless against opposing grass types. Sceptile and Leafeon would laugh in this team's face if I did that, especially SpecsTile. I can certainly say that if we battled, you'd revise your judgement on this matter almost immediatly, b/c your Swellow killing Spiritomb team would be swept with ease.

Your team may still be Flying-weak. One move (and not even STAB) isn't gonna do well, and after Umbreon is gone (which is unlikely) Alakazam and Pidgeot/Swellow will turn this team into roadkill. I highly suggest making sure that your team gets a bit more Anti-Psychic in it as seriously. I know that some people could easily flatten this team as also, Alakazam and Swellow are ALL OVER UU these days (from my experiences)
    An Ice Weakness is also a problem. Fire Blast CAN help and the resistance may help but consider that too.
    That's all I can remember. I hope this helps and really, this is quite crucial. (refuses to battle you as I still think that I can get swept even if I can build a counter to this team)
    Good luck, Eon. That's a last (and important) word.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Terry. T. View Post
    Your team may still be Flying-weak.
    To what? Swellow is taken care of, Moltres is walled by Umbreon, Blastoise, and Altaria, Altaria never runs a flying move, and there's really nothing else worth noting.

One move (and not even STAB) isn't gonna do well, and after Umbreon is gone (which is unlikely) Alakazam and Pidgeot/Swellow will turn this team into roadkill.
    What move? Ice Punch? Thunderpunch? Frosslass' Ice Beam? And lol, Alakazam is so frail it can't even switch into Hitmonchan's Mach Punch and KO on the next turn. Pidgeot is one of the least used birds, Altaria outclasses him at Mixed sets. And swellow is taken care of.

I highly suggest making sure that your team gets a bit more Anti-Psychic in it as seriously.
    Umbreon w/Max Sp.Def, Curse, Heal Bell, and Wish says hi. Anti-Psychic doesn't get any better in UU, not even with Spiritomb.

I know that some people could easily flatten this team as also, Alakazam and Swellow are ALL OVER UU these days (from my experiences)
    Lol, people like you? This team has lost five battles in a week. And both Alakazam and Swellow are TOO FRAIL to get past my team. Get that through your thick skull, kid.

An Ice Weakness is also a problem. Fire Blast CAN help and the resistance may help but consider that too.
    Two Ice weaknesses, two ice resistances, Hitmonchan OHKOing any UU/NU Ice type, even Articuno thanks to T-Punch, Altaria's Fire Blast, and Umbreon walling Ice Beam like a boss say Ice isn't a problem.

That's all I can remember. I hope this helps and really, this is quite crucial. (refuses to battle you as I still think that I can get swept even if I can build a counter to this team)
    Not really. You're just trying to show off. And you're right about on thing, you would still lose.

Good luck, Eon. That's a last (and important) word.
    For whatever it's worth, thanks.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 4th May 2010 at 7:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    To what? Swellow is taken care of, Moltres is walled by Umbreon, Blastoise, and Altaria, Altaria never runs a flying move, and there's really nothing else worth noting.

Oh. I have no expirence with that kind of thing.

What move? Ice Punch? Thunderpunch? Frosslass' Ice Beam? And lol, Alakazam is so frail it can't even switch into Hitmonchan's Mach Punch and KO on the next turn. Pidgeot is one of the least used birds, Altaria outclasses him at Mixed sets. And swellow is taken care of.

I've seen Alakazam take Mach Punch like a beasts. And yeah, agreed. I just didn't notice.

Umbreon w/Max Sp.Def, Curse, Heal Bell, and Wish says hi. Anti-Psychic doesn't get any better in UU, not even with Spiritomb.

Oh okay.

Lol, people like you? This team has lost five battles in a week. And both Alakazam and Swellow are TOO FRAIL to get past my team. Get that through your thick skull, kid.

That earns you a warning (lol, jk) And okay, 5 battles. Just keep trying.

Two Ice weaknesses, two ice resistances, Hitmonchan OHKOing any UU/NU Ice type, even Articuno thanks to T-Punch, Altaria's Fire Blast, and Umbreon walling Ice Beam like a boss say Ice isn't a problem.

Oh oh right

Not really. You're just trying to show off. And you're right about on thing, you would still lose.

Showoff. Yeah right. I try hard in a way, but just don't get competitive. Leave me to the IGRMT E4 teams

For whatever it's worth, thanks.

You're welcome
    I refuse to be bad. And I tried to help, be grateful. One day I will save your teams.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

^Maybe you are trying to help. Maybe you do just want to improve. But until you can prove that you've not only gotten better, but that you're done lying through your teeth, you're not getting any respect from anybody around here.

My main concern is Venusaur. Wallbreaking isn't that important IMO in a metagame heavily filled with offense.

I would suggest the following:

Venusaur@Life Orb
    (Insert 4 Def EVs, enough of IV drop to get 11 LO uses, Max Attack and Max Speed)
    Jolly
    -Swords Dance
    -Power Whip
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage

Sounds gimmicky, but takes advantage of a couple of things:

1.People expect Sleep Powder on turn 1.This can be taken advantage of, as you can SD on the switch to ResTalk Altaria, and can then Outrage to attempt beating it. If you have SR up, IIRC it KOs.

2. It allows you to do heavy damage to Moltres trying to predict EQ on the switch.
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Meh, Blastoise can already deal with Swellow, thanks to Swellow's fragility. Toxic Orb Swellow is also easily stalled out, thanks to Protect. At most, Swellow will score one kill, thanks to Hitmonchan's powered up Mach Punch. It's an assured OHKO after three turns of Toxic, and that's easily accomplished thanks to Blastoise.
    True. I'm too lazy to run calcs.

Absolutely not. I am not having my most powerful team member (it's swept entire teams with Wish/Heal Bell support, fgs) be useless against opposing grass types. Sceptile and Leafeon would laugh in this team's face if I did that, especially SpecsTile.
    Altaria already makes a decent-ish check to both of those but w/e.

I can certainly say that if we battled, you'd revise your judgement on this matter almost immediatly, b/c your Swellow killing Spiritomb team would be swept with ease.
    Let's not jump to conclusions. In that case it would pretty much be down to whose Froslass moved first. And I have other UU teams which could pwn your socks off lololololol.

...like a boss
    That made me LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry. T.
    I refuse to be bad. And I tried to help, be grateful. One day I will save your teams.
    That made me lol more.
    Last edited by [GS]; 5th May 2010 at 2:21 PM.

^Click it!^

Quote Originally Posted by hailflameblast View Post
    My main concern is Venusaur. Wallbreaking isn't that important IMO in a metagame heavily filled with offense.

I would suggest the following:

Venusaur@Life Orb
    (Insert 4 Def EVs, enough of IV drop to get 11 LO uses, Max Attack and Max Speed)
    Jolly
    -Swords Dance
    -Power Whip
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage

Sounds gimmicky, but takes advantage of a couple of things:

1.People expect Sleep Powder on turn 1.This can be taken advantage of, as you can SD on the switch to ResTalk Altaria, and can then Outrage to attempt beating it. If you have SR up, IIRC it KOs.

2. It allows you to do heavy damage to Moltres trying to predict EQ on the switch.
    For god's sake, has nothing I said sunk in? This is freaking annoying, I've said four times now that I'm not using SDSaur. Have none of you guys read my blurbs? Do you see the ridiculous KO list, the fact that he's immune to Toxic and Leech Seed, that he gets Wish and Heal Bell support, and that he can kill or cripple any UU Pokemon? Seriously? Enough is enough, blanket disclaimer time.

I'M NOT CHANGING VENUSAUR TO A PHYSICAL SET. IF YOU FEEL LIKE SUGGESTING IT, GO STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND. I'M DONE RESTATING THIS. HAVE A NICE DAY.

True. I'm too lazy to run calcs.
    I went through that phase a while back, but meh.

Altaria already makes a decent-ish check to both of those but w/e.
    SpecsTile's HP Ice and SDTile's Rock Slide say no. Also, Tangrowth's Rock Slide too. And Leafeon 2HKO's with Return after an SD or on a CB set. It can't really be a check to them much at all.

Let's not jump to conclusions. In that case it would pretty much be down to whose Froslass moved first. And I have other UU teams which could pwn your socks off lololololol.
    Which would be yours, since it's Scarfed. And lol, right. 1445 CRE says no way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySnorlax View Post
    That made me LoL.
    Nice.

That made me lol more.
    Well whaddya know, Terry finally beat me at someting. Being lolworthy.

I went through that phase a while back, but meh.
    I wouldn't call it a phase, just me being lazy. I never run calcs.

SpecsTile's HP Ice and SDTile's Rock Slide say no. Also, Tangrowth's Rock Slide too. And Leafeon 2HKO's with Return after an SD or on a CB set. It can't really be a check to them much at all.
    A check is a pokemon that can safely switch on most of another pokemon's attacks. If Altaria was a foolproof counter to any of those pokemon I would have said so.

Which would be yours, since it's Scarfed.
    No, you must be thinking of a different Froslass.

And lol, right. 1445 CRE says no way in hell.
    So the winner is determined by ladder ranking, now?

Lol, my plan worked. I'm sorry, I wasn't suggesting a standard SD set.

Otherwise, this is a fairly good team.

I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

I wouldn't call it a phase, just me being lazy. I never run calcs.
    Fair enough. I've learned that if I want to get better, I can't be lazy.

A check is a pokemon that can safely switch on most of another pokemon's attacks. If Altaria was a foolproof counter to any of those pokemon I would have said so.
    It can't really be a check either, since Sceptile and Leafeon both outspeed Altaria. If their attack doesn't KO on the first turn, Altaria won't get a second.

No, you must be thinking of a different Froslass.
    You sure? The battle I lost against your Spiritomb, Frosslass fainted first turn, meaning no Sash.

So the winner is determined by ladder ranking, now?
    Not what I was implying. My usual ranking, with the team I almost beat you with, was 1320. Far higher now.

Quote Originally Posted by hailflameblast View Post
    Lol, my plan worked. I'm sorry, I wasn't suggesting a standard SD set.
    What plan? To make me mad? And lol @ Outrage Venusaur. Outrage is like Psychic, it should only be used as a STAB move.

Otherwise, this is a fairly good team.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 6th May 2010 at 9:07 PM.

Fair enough. I've learned that if I want to get better, I can't be lazy.
    I can afford to be lazy, I prefer messing around with ideas to doing calcs and running precise EV spreads.

It can't really be a check either, since Sceptile and Leafeon both outspeed Altaria. If their attack doesn't KO on the first turn, Altaria won't get a second.
    That is true. However, it still makes a good check to Specstile when it is locked into a Grass move/Focus Blast.

You sure? The battle I lost against your Spiritomb, Frosslass fainted first turn, meaning no Sash.
    Yeah, I was trialling a LO set that time. I've long given up the idea; it didn't really work out.

Not what I was implying. My usual ranking, with the team I almost beat you with, was 1320. Far higher now.
    When I beat you, my ranking was 1296 or something. I can get to 1400 when I really put my mind to it.

And Terry T tries to smudge Eon's brilliance. AGAIN. Seriously Terry T get lost.

Love your taste in music Eon and love the team. And yeah that Venasaur owns just finished EV training a mirror of the thing thanks to your inspiration.

Not gonna suggest how to fix something thats clearly not broken

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

Outrage Venusaur can net quite a few KOs lategame. Its unexpected, and can slap Moltres hard on the switch in.

Credits to Gladeshadow!

It doesn't really matter now. Umbreon just got moved to OU and Froslass to BL. So now, I've had to create a new team.

I'M NOT CHANGING VENUSAUR TO A PHYSICAL SET. IF YOU FEEL LIKE SUGGESTING IT, GO STICK YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND. I'M DONE RESTATING THIS. HAVE A NICE DAY.

Whoever Thinks that venasaur should be a physical set is stupid. Venasaur is a special attack pokemon. Thats what serebii says.
    Recent Shiny
    Shinies Lost:2
    3ds Friend Code: 3024-6649-7407 PM me for Other Safaris!
    Safari Type:Psychic
    Espurr, Grumpig, Duosion

Gligari, shut up. Power Whip, EQ, Sludge Bomb and SD says it's just as viable as a physical attacker.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

^This.

10trapinch

ungulateman, one error in what you said. Sludge Bomb is special.

Credits to Gladeshadow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast