Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Castform is a artificial Pokémon?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,000

    Default Castform is a artificial Pokémon?

    I heard that Castform is a artificial Pokémon,

    and it was created by scientists at the Weather Institute.

    However,I have not found the game material which may prove.

    Who can provide the game material to prove?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Blackthorn/Johto
    Posts
    296

    Default

    If he's artificial, so why he comes to Troppy Garden?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NomadSPG View Post
    If he's artificial, so why he comes to Troppy Garden?
    It was the Butler! XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NomadSPG View Post
    If he's artificial, so why he comes to Troppy Garden?
    Porygon is also artificial Pokémon......

  5. #5

    Default

    I wouldn't call him artifical. He could have been created through genetic engineering, kind of like Mewtwo.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,489

    Default

    I'm pretty sure they say in game they created him, don't they? Doesn't Team Magma/Aqua want it? I haven't played through R/S/E in a while so I forget. But I've always thought they made it.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the world of sarcasm
    Posts
    631

    Default

    I think the scientists at the Weather Institute say that they created Castform to help them better understand the weather or something like that. If this is true then, yes, Castform is an artificial Pokemon.

    And one possible explanation why it's able to appear in the Trophy Garden is that it could've been imported from the Weather Institute. That's just my two cents.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

    Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

    NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

    Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Speaking of artificial pokemon, Mewtwo is one too!

    On topic, if scientists created him then he must be artificial.



        Spoiler:- .:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    374

    Default

    In pokemon RSE, the people in the weather institute stated quote "We are trying a new experiment to create a pokemon from raw data to detect the weather."

    Shows I have watched, will update more later.
    LAST UPDATE 1/11/14
    Do not steal.
    ©ReaperNeku 2014

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperNeku View Post
    In pokemon RSE, the people in the weather institute stated quote "We are trying a new experiment to create a pokemon from raw data to detect the weather."
    Bawhawhaw I figured they'd said something like that.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #11

    Default

    He may not be artificial; he could be sort of genetically engineered from the data they used. Castform would be a living, breathing pokemon.

    Since it has male and female genders (I think? I don't remember...) the Castform they had might've bred. They may have then migrated to the garden...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The King of Dastards View Post
    He may not be artificial; he could be sort of genetically engineered from the data they used. Castform would be a living, breathing pokemon.

    Since it has male and female genders (I think? I don't remember...) the Castform they had might've bred. They may have then migrated to the garden...
    Having a gender doesn't make it non-artificial.

    And besides, the researches say they created it from raw data, as in, data.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Yeah, data is basically like how scientists created Mewtwo...using Mew's DATA

    Shows I have watched, will update more later.
    LAST UPDATE 1/11/14
    Do not steal.
    ©ReaperNeku 2014

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,489

    Default

    No, MewTwo is a little different. They used genetic cloning which is using DNA.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, MewTwo is a little different. They used genetic cloning which is using DNA.
    if i clone a mew in emerald would i get mewtwo? exactly



        Spoiler:- .:

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom_tom View Post
    if i clone a mew in emerald would i get mewtwo? exactly
    Umm... duh? Did you read any of the journals in that mansion in R/G/B/Y?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  17. #17

    Default

    Cloning is making a exact genetic copy of something living. Mew's DNA was altered to create Mewtwo. So cloning isn't the precise word to use, but, getting back on topic, I think Casteform is a living pokemon and not a mechanical one like Porygon.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo darkrai View Post
    I think the scientists at the Weather Institute say that they created Castform to help them better understand the weather or something like that. If this is true then, yes, Castform is an artificial Pokemon.

    And one possible explanation why it's able to appear in the Trophy Garden is that it could've been imported from the Weather Institute. That's just my two cents.
    It could also be that the Weather Institute developed a number of Castform in order to import to similar establishments, and some got free and began breeding in the wild. Or perhaps they were deliberately introduced into the wild.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WynautQueen View Post
    It could also be that the Weather Institute developed a number of Castform in order to import to similar establishments, and some got free and began breeding in the wild. Or perhaps they were deliberately introduced into the wild.
    if i go out into the grass will i ever find one? no. odds are the butler just goes to the weather institue and asks them to give him like 6 or something

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,489

    Default

    Or it doesn't matter why they're in that garden. They're just there because they had to be caught somewhere... O_o


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Yeah, i heard that too, but i have not seen any evidence "per say"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 View Post
    If Pokémon existed in the real world, people would flip coins before sex.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/1y1uep.jpg[/IMG]

    Credits for the picture above go to bulbagarden forum user "herbie".



    Just some of my favorite Pokemon

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the world of mudkips
    Posts
    47

    Default

    He 's not artificial, just engineered, I think.......
    Amphy

    I'm also AmphyOrca on deviantART, visit my page and if you have an account, comment!http://www.amphyorca.deviantart.com
    Join Create-a-Region Club, and the online home page! http://www.createaregionclub.webs.com

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmphyOrca View Post
    He 's not artificial, just engineered, I think.......
    Which is essentially the same thing.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    2,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Which is essentially the same thing.
    lol pwned

    And yes, I'll just say Castform was not born "naturally"... It think.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LA,California
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Castform was created merely for researching purposes and instead of struggling to create a brand new one the scientest gave it the ability to breed, have genders, and other elements of life for easy obtaining for staff.
    I have a deviantart...: http://zafirofuego.deviantart.com/
    I'm trying...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •