View Poll Results: When should 3rd Gen remakes come out?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • In between B/W and 3rd game

56 40.00%
  • After B/W/3rd game

64 45.71%
  • As part of Generation 6

20 14.29%
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Remakes - Should it happen?

Default 3rd Gen Remakes - Should it happen?

Ok, after the storm of HeartGold and SoulSilver, do you believe there should be remakes of the 3rd Gen games, Ruby and Sapphire? Do the games that introduced a generation to Pokemon (including me) deserve a revival?

I would play it. But we won't get them until 2013 at least, if we get them at all.

The only thing that makes me think we won't get them is that 5th Gen is still compatible with the 3rd Gen. You can trade from RSEFRLG to DPPtHGSS to BW. RBYGSC were incompatible with RSEDPPt, so they were remade.

Of course, if Game Freak decides that they still want to remake them for whatever reason (a 10th anniversary for example) they will. It's not like they won't sell.
    SAPH

I think we should get them, just not now. Try 3 years or so. A lot of people still have & play their GBA games.
    Steel Monotype Challenge

Lv. 21 (Mimi), Lv. 20 (Kohai) Lv. 21 (Bozu)

Spoiler:- Current Challenges:

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/263bu38.png[/IMG] <(Credit goes out to Darkrai00 for making this)

I think we will get them. They'll be timed to come out after Pokemon Gray(or whatever BW's third game is), but before Gen 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    I would play it. But we won't get them until 2013 at least, if we get them at all.

The only thing that makes me think we won't get them is that 5th Gen is still compatible with the 3rd Gen. You can trade from RSEFRLG to DPPtHGSS to BW. RBYGSC were incompatible with RSEDPPt, so they were remade.

Of course, if Game Freak decides that they still want to remake them for whatever reason (a 10th anniversary for example) they will. It's not like they won't sell.
    uuum, not since the dsi and itcould be earlier, if you look at frlg
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Im not that sure. Prehaps in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 View Post
    If Pokémon existed in the real world, people would flip coins before sex.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/1y1uep.jpg[/IMG]

Credits for the picture above go to bulbagarden forum user "herbie".

Just some of my favorite Pokemon

I'd love "x" ruby and "y" sapphire. So many people seem to think that they were the weakest games but i personally loved them. I definetely think that they should happen but im not exactly sure that they will.

I'm going to say no, because are fine by themselves. They don't need any remakes, they are good enough.

I think there really is the 3rd gen remakes.
    Maybe In two years they're going to make the 3rd version of black and white first, then the next year they're make it the 3rd gen remakes. maybe~

Check out my dA account! Please watch/fave/comment my page!

Go make your Request to the Link above! We welcome you.

Spoiler:- Credit of Userbar:

i hope there is gonna be i loved ruby and sapphire.

Knowing Nintendo, there is going to be one, probably after the enhanced version of B&W

It depends on wether or not Black, White and Gray can directly trade with D/P/Pt/HG/SS.
    If not, then there will be no remake of Ruby and Sapphire. If B/W/G can't directly trade with Generation 4 (pretty much a given, as there'll be new pokemon, moves, abilities et cetera) then there is a high chance of EarthRuby and SeaSapphire* coming out.

After all, R/S/E/FR/LG could import Pokemon to Generation 4 and one could finish the game without remakes, yet HG/SS came around anyway. I bet that one could import Pogermanz from P/D/Pt/HG/SS to B/W/G yet we will probably see EarthRuby and SeaSapphire come around.

*I say EarthRuby and SeaSapphire as it ties with the weather/world terrain theme of Hoenn.
    Progress in society's medicine
    "Doctor, I have an ear ache."
    2000 BC - "Here, eat this root."
    1000 BC - "That root is heathen, say this prayer."
    1850 AD - "That prayer is superstition, drink this potion."
    1940 AD - "That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill."
    1985 AD - "That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic."
    2000 AD - "That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root!"

Was your first Pokemon game Red, Blue or Yellow? Yes? Read this.

Spoiler:- QUOTES:

It depends on wether or not Black, White and Gray can directly trade with D/P/Pt/HG/SS.
    If not, then there will be no remake of Ruby and Sapphire. If B/W/G can't directly trade with Generation 4 (pretty much a given, as there'll be new pokemon, moves, abilities et cetera) then there is a high chance of EarthRuby and SeaSapphire* coming out.

After all, R/S/E/FR/LG could import Pokemon to Generation 4 and one could finish the game without remakes, yet HG/SS came around anyway. I bet that one could import Pogermanz from P/D/Pt/HG/SS to B/W/G yet we will probably see EarthRuby and SeaSapphire come around.

*I say EarthRuby and SeaSapphire as it ties with the weather/world terrain theme of Hoenn.
    Progress in society's medicine
    "Doctor, I have an ear ache."
    2000 BC - "Here, eat this root."
    1000 BC - "That root is heathen, say this prayer."
    1850 AD - "That prayer is superstition, drink this potion."
    1940 AD - "That potion is snake oil, swallow this pill."
    1985 AD - "That pill is ineffective, take this antibiotic."
    2000 AD - "That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root!"

Was your first Pokemon game Red, Blue or Yellow? Yes? Read this.

Spoiler:- QUOTES:

I hope they do, Hoenn was my favorite land so far. In fact I'm about to start a new game in Ruby, and Emerald too as soon as I find the cartridge.

Although i preferred generation 2 games to generation 3 I think it would still be a very fun game to play as a remake

I would like to see a R/S remake one day, probably won't happen for another couple of years but I do imagine it would happen again, just wonder what they would change.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

tbh I'd be sad if they milked pokemon after 5th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Duality View Post
    tbh I'd be sad if they milked pokemon after 5th gen.
    Well they've always milked Pokemon, so start being sad.

You really are a psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    I would like to see a R/S remake one day, probably won't happen for another couple of years but I do imagine it would happen again, just wonder what they would change.
    I agree. Unfortunately, I don't see many new things they can change if they will do a remake for this game. I think this time it will not happen, because they already know it might be too expected. It all depends on how many years they will set aside for themselves.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I say that they should. It's just common sense. The average consumer of Pokemon games in the United States, one of video games' biggest markets, is children 8-13. Therefore, if the game is released in the probable date of 2013, the players would have to have gotten the game when they were very young. Plus, it allows Game Freak to get money for repeating the same story and characters, which means bigger Pokemon adventures!

On a personal note, Generation III was my favorite and I LOVE Hoenn, so I would really want them.

Crystal was my first Pokemon game, but I screwed a bunch of things up in it... Emerald was the first Pokemon game I had w/out ruining the experiance. I loved it, plain and simple. The new PC system, the rebirth of Sprite animations...it was awesome. The Hoenn region is still my favorite, and although remakes would nice, I feel it would detract from the awesomeness of the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by WafflesMaster View Post
    The average consumer of Pokemon games in the United States, one of video games' biggest markets, is children 8-13.
    This makes me feel very old.

Also, I hope they don't ruin it if they make a remake. For some reason HeartGold just doesn't feel the same as Gold did, but then again I'm ten years older.

Gen III is the first gen where there are massive changes between the paired versions and the third. That's why I think that they should remake Emerald. Not Ruby and Sapphire. Imagine the whole Sky Pillar, Magma Hideout, Mirage Tower and Battle Frontier in 3D! Plus Emerald's storyline is way better than Ruby/Sapphire's, and this is coming from a person who has played all three. I was introduced into the series in Gen III, so remakes would be awesome.
    ... ... ... ... ... ...
    ... ... ... ... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Beebar234 View Post
    That's why I think that they should remake Emerald. Not Ruby and Sapphire. Imagine the whole Sky Pillar, Magma Hideout, Mirage Tower and Battle Frontier in 3D! Plus Emerald's storyline is way better than Ruby/Sapphire's, and this is coming from a person who has played all three. I was introduced into the series in Gen III, so remakes would be awesome.
    That's too narrow a view. HeartGold and SoulSilver weren't simply remakes of Gold and Silver, they were remakes of Gold and Silver with most of the material exclusive to Crystal - the Odd Egg, the Suicune subplot, etc. - folded in.

If and when they remake the Hoenn titles, there's no reason to expect they'd do anything different, i.e. two titles, branded as and taking most of their material from Ruby and Sapphire, with the material that was exclusive to Emerald mixed in where appropriate.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 19th May 2010 at 8:00 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast