Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~The Normal Type Club~

Default ~The Normal Type Club~

Hello and welcome to the Normal Club. I recently had a period where i was inactive on Serebii but am here often now so decided to make a club! Anyway, this is a club for people that love practically the ultimate all-rounder pokemon. Some normal types have high defense, some with high attack. And, they can't learn a great variety of move types. They also have a big variety in appearance, some are cute and some are vicious.

Anyways, hoping that a few people will join and here are the rules:

1. All general Serebii rules apply.
    2. No spamming, trolling or mini-modding.
    3. When joining, please state the phrase 'Snorlax x Purugly = Infinity'
    4. Be nice, and don't be too harsh when giving bad points about Pokemon or other types.
    5. Try not to break these rules, as it will result in being banned, from a week to ever.
    6. Don't ask to be a co-owner. I will ask a few people to be co-owner if they are active in this club.
    7. When joining, edit the phrase in #3 by adding to the word infinity, 'to the power of pie'
    8. Don't laugh at the above statement... haha...
    9. Only i can accept members, i will be here quite often so you won't have to wait too long.
    10. Don't double/triple post

Owner: Zorg

Members:
    No.1 Machop Fan
    Ysavvryl
    Rman7580
    chipface123
    The Eeveelutionary One
    Nacreous
    Allaboutthecute
    RaginCajun713
    Shining-Platinum

I will soon be updating this post with rank systems and banners and such. Please join in the mean time if you wish to. While joining you can answer this topic:

Should we have weekly spriting competitions?
    Last edited by Zorg; 23rd June 2010 at 5:49 AM.

Didn't you just laugh yourself about Snorlax x Purugly=Infinity to the power of pie? Does that mean that you've failed to join your own club? Hehe, kidding.

Pie is good. I wrote a fanfic about pie. But that's neither here nor there.

So yeah, I'm looking to join this club! I find that I tend to like the Normal Pokemon a lot. Whismur mostly, although I have a soft spot for any cat Pokemon (which are all Normals, yay!). So I'd take Whismur.

What Pokemon should be our mascot? Ditto. Most definitely Ditto.
    Last edited by Ysavvryl; 12th May 2010 at 3:29 AM.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 645/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Thumbs up

Snorlax x Purugly = Infinity to the power of pie

In other words, I'd like to join, please.

Normal is my favourite type of all because of its versatility and the fact that there are so many unique Pokémon of that type, like Ditto, Castform, Smeargle, Eevee and Arceus.

As for mascot, I'm thinking Smeargle. Smeargle is perfect proof of Normal-type versatility.
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 12th May 2010 at 3:56 AM.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Ysavvryl and No.1 Machop Fan, your both in. I think that smeargle and ditto are both very good competitors for the title of our mascot, as they are both extreamly individual pokemon that express the normal types versatility, as Machop Fan said. I will have to consider it, but i think Ditto would be in the making of the mascot.

I will be making a couple of banners for the club soon after i finish some other banners im doing. Hopefully some more people join. I will also now start working on some ranks for the club.

I think theres some more stuff i forgot but anyway, see ya next post.

Talking

*Whoa! No. 1 Machop Fan suddenly danced in happiness!*

YAY I'M IN!!!!!

Looking forward to the banners, and to seeing my name in the members list.

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

snorlax+purugly=infinity to the power of pie

i love all pkmn types
    There are a lot of normal pokemon i like,
    Snorlax
    Kangaskahn
    Tauros
    Porygon-Z
    DITTO
    Togekiss
    Arceus

Mascot-
    How about Arceus, the pokemon god?

Ok rman, your in. I was thinking of Arceus, as it also shows the element of versatility in normal types, the fact that it can become any type, but im still thinking Ditto. Without ditto, then Breeding would be nothing, or at least alot harder.

Anyway, should have the ranks sorted out in the next post, and will update rman to the members list soon.

Plus, Ditto is the original hyper-versatile Normal-type. Arceus... yeah it's cool and really powerful, but its selling point is that it can be any type with Multitype. So it's not really a full Normal Pokemon, even if one of its most dangerous forms is Normal-typed.

Although Smeargle would be my second choice as mascot. Gotta love the artists.

also, in this thread, there should be no Bidoof hate. Bidoof is awesome!
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 645/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

sweet. i do agree ditto would be the perfect mascot.

Purugly x Snorlax = Infinity by the power of pie

I want to do a Normal type mono in Black & White. I think the mascot should be Lickitung...JK! I agree with Ditto for mascot. Porygon-Z is made of Pure Awesome.

Smile Norm= Awesome

Snorlax + Purugly = Infinity to the power of...CAKE??? NOOOO!!!! IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!
    LOL I freaking love norm types. They are the gods of all creation... Porygon-Z ftw babeh!!!
    Mind=Blown.
    "Chuggaaconroy"

Hey two n00... i mean newbies to serebii! (no offense) Anyway, its nice to have a couple of new people to serebii and im gland you joined our humble club. Anyway, I'm going to assume that the majority vote of our mascot is Ditto, but just to be sure i am going to do a vote. Each member can have one vote from the following candidates, in your next post, bold your vote:

Ditto
    Arceus
    Porygon-Z
    Smeargle
    Eevee
    Bidoof

Have fun voting. Also in your next post you can answer the following topic:

What normal type do you think most deserves a pre-evolution AND evolution

I will explain my answer in my next post.

It was a tough choice between Porygon-Z and Smeargle, but I choose Smeargle because I believe it truly represents the Normal-type's versatility while (mostly) remaining Normal-type.
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 20th May 2010 at 9:35 PM.

I had forgotten about Eevee.

What normal type do you think most deserves a pre-evolution AND evolution?Hmm, tough choice. Smeargle, I geuss. It's pre-evo could learn one move randomly and it's evo could choose any of it's opponets moves. The moves could be called Fingerpaint and Masterpiece.

I'm still going with Ditto as a mascot.

I think Stantler should have move evos. It's a nifty Pokemon, just... kind of average and most people ignore it except for Christmas-y things The Smeargle idea is nice, but most people remember Smeargle (if only for breeding chains). You gotta think of the underdogs.

Umm, Zorg, you didn't put me up as a member on the first page.

sorry chipface, forgot to do that.

Btw im going with Ditto so the scores are:

Ditto 2
    Smeargle 1
    Eevee 1

The voting will end in a couple of days so the last few remaining members need to vote before then.

Anyone wonder what the Rattata of Gen V will be? I'm guessing it could be a meerkat Pokemon, since we don't have one of those yet.

Anyone wonder what the Rattata of Gen V will be?
    Hmm... idk. They might do a more mousey thing, but unlike Pikachu, so a mouse that actually stands on 4 legs... apart from that, i like your idea machop fan.

Floydyboy, please read the rules, then re-post or edit your last post.

Also peoplez, Ditto is now our mascot due to the most votes... 2 -.-

New topic, even though this club is already dying:
    What do you think is the most non normal type normal pokemon?
    Pretty much, what normal type do you think should be a normal type? Or at least another type up (eg:Tauros-Normal,Ground)

Meerkat would be fun. Or moles. And technically, it doesn't have to be a rodent. Zigzagoon and Linoone are based off raccoons.

Most non-normal Normal? *laughs* Well it is an interesting question. Some Normals are normal (Zig'oon and Ratatta) and other Normals are fairies (Clefairy, Jigglypuff). I'd have to think about that one.

So do you guys like the normal Normals or the fairy Normals better? I like some of both, so I can't really answer that question well...

CLEAR! *defribulator sounds*

I'd say Dunsparse is the least 'normal' normal-type. It'd make a great Ground-type.

CLEAR! *defribulator sounds*
    lol, i get. It's because Dunsparse is dead... lol
    Anyway, i think that Kangaskhan could go with an extra typing of ground.
    Also, Granbull and Ursaring could have a dark typing... mabey

Snorlax x Purugly = Infinity to the power of pie

Yeah,I'd like to join the club^__^

I love Normal types,my fav is Zangoose

Ok Nacreous, your in even though there isn't much happening here. Zangoose is one of my favourite too

Ok, someone feel free to make a new topic

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    lol, i get. It's because Dunsparse is dead... lol
    Actually, no. You said the club was dying, so I was reviving it.

Besides, I like Dunsparse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast