Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming Full Festival Circle! (644)

Default Coming Full Festival Circle! (644)

Semi-Final! Who is Heading to the Final!?

It's time for the Semi-Finals of the Grand Festival. With Dawn, Jessie, Nando and Zoey all getting through, they're sure to face their toughest challenges. Dawn is to face Jessie and Nando is to face Zoey so two of them are definitely going to lose in this round. Who will emerge triumphant?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Edit fail. It had Sunny Form Cherrim in at Night-time

Zoey won against Nando by decision she didnt ko him, they seemed friendly at the end they salute each other for theyre good fight and seems Zoey like i said respects him now.

Dawn had a stupid fight with Jessie that lasted 1 minute, totally retarded its was Cyndaquil and Buneary vs Yanmega and Seviper btw, really humiliating after the good fight the previows two had, Jessie was ****** but after the fight congratulated Dawn for what i got from it.

Zoey vs Dawn at finals.

Oaks lab was Togepi.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 13th May 2010 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Dawn had a stupid fight with Jessie that lasted 1 minute, totally retarded its was Cyndaquil and Buneary vs Yanmega and Seviper btw, really humiliating after the good fight the previows two had,
    There was no Yanmega in that battle, it was Carnivine.

Also the battle between Zoey & Nando was good. Didn't expect the battle between Dawn & Jessie to be so low key & only of 1 minutes.

Disappointed about the Jessie vs. Dawn battle. The writers should've spent way more time on that one.

The battle between Nando and Zoey was really really good, nothing wrong with it. The point system wasn't as jacked up, and for what happened and what seemed to go down, it was all equal. It all really came down to the last blow, which was the one seen in the future events preview.

Ursula and Dawn's battle just got beaten out the 'worst contest battle in hystory'-spot.. Jessie vs Dawn now resides in that place. What a horrible battle that was... WHY DID THEY almost entirely SKIP IT??? Dawn is your main freakin' character! It did not make any sense.. Jessie had more of a tantrum then a battle against Dawn.. I'm sorry if this seems like a rant.. but there really wasn't much to this battle...

One thing I did like about it was how somehow Buneary's Bounce led Cyndaquil's Swift. I guess we can't complain to much as they did show some combinations, but it was vastly overshadowed by Nando vs Zoey. Which I think served a double purpose: setting up Zoey for the final as an even more able competitor, and setting up Nando for the league.

It's weird that there wasn't even some Gible training in this.. I would've expected it here, since there's no time for it in the next episode, as the final starts right away, which is another thing I didn't expect.

Anyway, I'd rate this episode better then the previous one, since that was just an embarresment. The bigger part of this episode was quite good, so I'd give it a 6.5, just because of the foul taste you get after watching the Dawn vs. Jessie battle.. 'What?! Stillscreens?! HUH!? It's over already??? NAHH! Couldn't be! Wait! It is... this sucks!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    There was no Yanmega in that battle, it was Carnivine.

Also the battle between Zoey & Nando was good. Didn't expect the battle between Dawn & Jessie to be so low key & only of 1 minutes.
    Yeah sorry my bad it was so fast i didnt even pay attention but your right it was Carnivine.

Yeah Jessie and Dawn battle was awfull...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Disappointed about the Jessie vs. Dawn battle. The writers should've spent way more time on that one.
    Agreed. They also did not show it all so I was pretty disappointed. Jessie should've been handled better in this Grand Festival.

The main battle of the episode, Nando vs Zoey was great, I felt sometimes it was actually the final battle. I think he was a little better than Zoey, I'm not saying he's the one who should've won, but he certainly gave a good battle.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Ever stop to think that the battle was so short because Jessie is a garbage Coordinator. So far, throughout the the entire Festival, Jessie has been riding the coattails of Super Luck. Being let in with an Appeal that showed herself off more than her Pokemon. And facing Coordintors who were no real threat. And now, when she gets her first real challenge, she gets ran over. I think she deserved to lose much earlier. But I think this is kind of better. They finally showed that no matter what, Jessie will never be as skilled as the real Coordinators. Jessie is arrogant, cocky, and all around annoying to everyone around her. In evey Contest, she believes herself to be better than anyone else and that she is the only one that deserves a Ribbon. 2 of which she couldn't even win on her own. That right there proves she shouldn't have even gotten in. In summation, I'm happy she got her butt handed to her on a platter. Cause she really deserved that.

And also, Dawn vs Ursula was an excellent battle. Both Coordinator did great abd had excellent combinations. Anyone who says differently must have not been watching the same battle.

And well done to Zoey. Looks like she can keep her promise to Dawn. She fought very well against a tough opponent. Wonder how he will do in the League if this was any indication of his potential
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Ever stop to think that the battle was so short because Jessie is a garbage Coordinator.
    Jessie has proved time and time again that she is an excellent coordinator

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    Jessie has proved time and time again that she is an excellent coordinator
    So having 2 of your Ribbons handed to you makes you an excellent Coordinator?

Hmmm. Must be up there with creating appeals that only show yourself off instead of you Pokemon and thinking of your opponent as trash.

How did I not catch that?
    Last edited by deathseer; 13th May 2010 at 2:44 PM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

^Why so much negativity toward Jessie? She does tend to show off herself in appeals, but got much better with it. Remember how she failed the appeal round with Wobbuffet for SOLELY showing off how awesome she was? She picked up on that, and even though she still incorporates herself in appeals, they do show off her Pokemon very well. And given how she can handle both her Pokemon and James', I think that shows how in sync she is with all of them.

Jessie has some of the most creative appeals/combos in the show. Also, aside from the time James stepped in for her, she hasn't cheated once. She used to cheat all the time in Hoenn, but now all of her contests are completely legit. It's kinda sad that Team Rocket will never catch a break due to PLOT and them not being the twerps. It'd be nice for them to win something and have a happy ending for once.

i personally don't care that she lost to be honest, I mean sure she's done better this region than she did before, but still we knew she was gonna lose anyway, and I felt the battle was payback for when James embarrised Dawn in that one contest Lyra watched.

And think of it this way, she was at least better than Kenny was that not alone saying something:P
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 13th May 2010 at 3:48 PM.

Added pictures. Sorry about the delay

Added pictures. Sorry about the delay

I don't think Jessie did as bad as you guys said. She didn't lose all her points, she just loss, because there was no time left. She also maked Dawn lose quite a lot of points. Just because the battle wasn't very long, doesn't mean she sucked. I thought it was also nice to see her saying something to Dawn that wasn't very mean. Because when Jessie walked away Dawn smiled and said something to her. Very good episode after all! Especially the Nando vs. Zoey battle!

We arent critisizing the character but the writers for making the battle so short, you cant critise characters they dont write themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We arent critisizing the character but the writers for making the battle so short, you cant critise characters they dont write themselves.
    o rly? Captain Obvious, much?

Why is everyone making a big deal out of Dawn vs Jessie. It takes common sense to know that Dawn is going to win. The main attraction was Nando vs Zoey, because it wasn't known who was going to win ( mind you that i'm talking about the kiddies that don't get spoiled on titles). I at least got what I wanted a well thought out battle between Zoey and Nando. I liked the way that instead of battling head on for most of the battle Nando and Zoey use comination moves to show off their pokemon.
    So the Dawn pokemon appearance in the GF is as follow:
    Mamo 1
    pachi 1
    buneary 2
    cydaquil 2
    piplup ( as of next ep) 1 ( a question was the shot of Dawn with piplup and pachi another battle or was it just a regular shot?)
    togekiss ( as of next ep) 1
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

To my suprise I really enjoyed the battle between Nozomi and Naoshi. I don't like either of them very much but their Pok&#233;mon rock.
    Hikari's Buneary had SO MUCH potential. Just look at its evolved cousin.
    The atmosphere was great and mayn scene felt downright stunning ( the dimmed down light moment at the end). I even liked the winged Eevee-****. I can see why people would dislike it, but I am a sucker for creative yet reasonable contest moves that are totally impossible in real life.

Musashi VS Hikari? Well...the exact opposite of the Nozomi/Naoshi battle.

Why was Muashi so bad all of sudden? Her pok&#233;mon looked way too confused and uncoordinated most of the time.
    And why was the battle interrupted by Hikari's mom? Damn, her monologue was surely much more important than the actual battle...

Musashi was my favourite coordinator of the bunch by FAR and she deserved at least one good battle in this GF. All of her battles were skipped to the end and the only one we saw made her look like an incompetent beginner. Meh.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    Why is everyone making a big deal out of Dawn vs Jessie. It takes common sense to know that Dawn is going to win. The main attraction was Nando vs Zoey, because it wasn't known who was going to win ( mind you that i'm talking about the kiddies that don't get spoiled on titles). I at least got what I wanted a well thought out battle between Zoey and Nando. I liked the way that instead of battling head on for most of the battle Nando and Zoey use comination moves to show off their pokemon.
    So the Dawn pokemon appearance in the GF is as follow:
    Mamo 1
    pachi 1
    buneary 2
    cydaquil 2
    piplup ( as of next ep) 1 ( a question was the shot of Dawn with piplup and pachi another battle or was it just a regular shot?)
    togekiss ( as of next ep) 1
    Both Pachirisu and Piplup appeared twice. Pachirisu and Piplup were seen together in the stillscreen in this episode...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    o rly? Captain Obvious, much?
    Then why did you make your previows post smartass?

A gorgeous episode with dazzling visuals and appeals. Nando put up quite a show during the semi finals. Now that Dawn is in the finals (which we knew all along), who's going to take home the crown!? I predict Dawn for sure.

OK~ SemiFinal time! If there is more DEM I will scream.

-Recap.
    - More Gratuitous Engrish! Wandafuhl!
    - The Boring Bard finally evolved Roselia? Poor neglected thing. We first saw it 172 episodes ago. He also used Sunflora. Good old Sunny-wun-wun.
    - Zoey uses Gastrodon AGAIN? U serious? She used it in the Appeals with Lumineon, then again with Lumineon in the Top 32, and presumably here in the Top 16 with Glameow.
    - Dawn uses Piplup and Pachirisu. More bloody bubbles.
    - Jessie uses Yanmega and Seviper. I would have preferred to see them in her battle against Dawn- being HER Pokemon, after all.
    - Shocker! Tomboy VS Boring Bard & Candy Musalina-san VS Hikari-san desu whatever.
    - Talking
    - LOLOLOLOL Epicfail etc.. Cherrim is in PosiForme- it's nighttime, so it should be NegaForme. Fools.
    - TalkingtalkingtalkingMoreFantinatalkingtalking
    - Here we goooo!
    - Wow! Lopunny IS Nando's! Take that idiots in the speculation threads! Nyahnyah etc.
    - Cool Supercharged Energy Ball! Byoootifuuhl!
    - Lopunny kicks it back.
    - Kricketune uses Bug Buzz, and then Lopunny begins skating around. Are we going to have 'how pretty Lopunny is' shoved down our throats the whole time?
    - Yes, I think we got the violinist-dancer combo.
    - Stop showboating, you stupid bloody bunny.
    - More Double Team? Could we please see some variety? If Glameow and Gallade use DT in the Finals I'll scream.
    - More bloody Lopunny. I swear I'll become a carnivore and eat rabbit stew. Why couldn't Kricketune just use Bug Buzz? Surprizaaah!
    - Stop showboating. Now. We're only just a minute down?
    - Kill the music! Die! Die! Die! Hoaw nise!
    - Kill the bunny now! Kill! Kill! Kill!
    - Let's play, throw the Kricketune!
    - Fantina delights in the carnage.
    - I thought I told you to stop showboating! Stupid rabbit.
    - Those wings are megacool. Owh mai Goddu! indeed.
    - TYUM UPPU! Zoey wins. By a small margin.
    - It's the generic screaming crowd again! I missed you guys.
    - Wow? Did he just smile and hug his Pokemon? Next you'll be telling me he's a girl... Owait.
    - Dawn's running. BlahblahLesbianchattingblahblah
    - I can't be bothered to comment on the Jessie battle. Typical TR battle, I thought. shame. She's matured so much, but Dawn has guaranteed plot armour.

Screw the Rules, I Have Plot!

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

Just saw it.....quality episode

The Dawn vs. Jessilina match left something to be desired for but the Nando vs Zoey match...wow...just simply mind-blowing

The visuals and artwork were amazing the attack/combinations hell even the music was dramatic enough to have you nearly off your seat with excitement

A favourite part of mine was just before the timer went when the lights went out and you just see all of the sparkles falling down for a split second

Jessilina was terribly weak in her semi-final match they could've at least cut some dialogue from somewhere else and made this battle a bit longer and more interesting.

Does anybody know what Jessalina said to Dawn after their battle?????

EDIT: I think some people are confused a bit on this the TOP 16 was seen just before the opening credits

I'll break it down for those unsure

Appeals:

Dawn - Buneary and Cyndaquil
    Zoey - Lumineon and Gastrodon
    Nando - Altaria and Kricketot
    Jessilina - Seviper and Yanmega
    Ursula - Vaporeon and Flareon
    Kenny - Floatzel and Empoleon

Top 32:

Dawn - Mamoswine and Pachirisu
    Ursula - Gabite and Flareon
    Zoey - Gastrodon and Lumineon
    Nando - Sunflora and Kricketune

Top 16: (seen at the start of this episode before the opening credits)

Dawn - Mamoswine and Pachirisu (yes i know again)
    Zoey - Leafeon and Mismagius
    Nando - Sunflora and Roserade
    Jessilina - Mime jr. and Carnivine

Top 8:

Dawn - Piplup and Pachirisu
    Zoey - Glameow and Gastrodon
    Nando - Sunflora and Roserade

and i think we all know the rest
    Last edited by BM14murph; 13th May 2010 at 6:44 PM.

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast