Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming Full Festival Circle! (644)

The Zoey vs Nando battle was excellent, I loved every minute of it, Snow Angel Leafeon FTW! But I hated that they rushed the Jessie vs Dawn battle, it could have been just as epic if not more, but instead it was quick and pretty much flushed all of Jessie's development down the toilet. This was a great episode but the Jessie vs Dawn battle made it bittersweet.

It feels like they were rushing the GF. First Kenny fails early even though he has two new Pokemon who could have given Dawn a much harder time then her current opponent, then Ursula loses next (But at least that battle was fun to watch and was good) and now Jessie just gets screwed. I'm not a big Jessie fan anymore but she deserved more then that. Seriously Dawn could have won the fight blind folded they her Pokemon were so relaxed compared to Ursula's intense battle. Nando vs Zoey was cool but I can't help but feel like the writers are always punching Dawn in the gut by throwing the evolved forms of her Pokemon to the lesser rivals (Nando, Kenny, Barry) Cyndaquil is her only hope. Other then the Nando vs Zoey battle the only bit I liked was when Jessie stomped over to Dawn and attacked her cheeks. I don't know what she said but it was funny seeing her say it in a evil voice. Overall the Writers are rushing the Grand festival and many character's are suffering from it. It really show's that Dawn and her contest generation are not very important to the writers, the poor kids.

I wish the GF were a 5-parter, that way next episode Jessie & Dawn could've gotten a decent epic battle the same length as Zoey & Nando's battle in this episode, and the final episode would be Dawn vs. Zoey. If they had cut out that useless Ditto filler episode from a few weeks ago we could've had this -_-.

Good episode, amazing battle between Nado and Zoey, but I hate that writers rushed through GF, well we are already in finals lol.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Ever stop to think that the battle was so short because Jessie is a garbage Coordinator. So far, throughout the the entire Festival, Jessie has been riding the coattails of Super Luck. Being let in with an Appeal that showed herself off more than her Pokemon. And facing Coordintors who were no real threat. And now, when she gets her first real challenge, she gets ran over. I think she deserved to lose much earlier. But I think this is kind of better. They finally showed that no matter what, Jessie will never be as skilled as the real Coordinators. Jessie is arrogant, cocky, and all around annoying to everyone around her. In evey Contest, she believes herself to be better than anyone else and that she is the only one that deserves a Ribbon. 2 of which she couldn't even win on her own. That right there proves she shouldn't have even gotten in. In summation, I'm happy she got her butt handed to her on a platter. Cause she really deserved that.

And also, Dawn vs Ursula was an excellent battle. Both Coordinator did great abd had excellent combinations. Anyone who says differently must have not been watching the same battle.

And well done to Zoey. Looks like she can keep her promise to Dawn. She fought very well against a tough opponent. Wonder how he will do in the League if this was any indication of his potential
    How are coordinators who must have earned 5 ribbons themselves to even be there "no real threat?" They're not main characters so they're not important enough to show, but they're definitely a threat.

Even the unnamed guy Ash will defeat at the Sinnoh League in the preliminaries will look like a much bigger threat to him than a Gym Leader considering he's defeated 8 of them just to make it this far.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I don't understand how Jessie losing the way she did is bad. Her development consisted of being an appeal queen but when it came to battles she always came short with or without the TR costume.

She got what she deserved, she always sucked as a battler and she proved it. Now Dawn got justice for Jessie winning her ribbon against her by cheating. (Because yes, James disguising as Jessie to win should be considered cheating.)

All of the other coordinators, including sucky Kenny earned their ribbons. Jessie didn't win all of them so I'm glad she's out. I love her but I'm really happy Dawn won easily over her so maybe her ego can be lowered and she can grow more as a battler.

Still, This Grand festival could have been handled better. I agree that Jessie was and still is a poor battler but they could have made it a little more exciting. How on earth Dawn lost the points she did is beyond me, all Jessie did was have Seviper wrap around Cyndaquil and the fire mouse got out. I guess I'm a little upset because I think Kenny would have been a better opponent for Dawn. Kenny might be a third rate coordinator but his evolved team would have made Dawn work for her win. The GF should have been more then four episode's because the extra episode wasn't enough. Dawn's rival's might not be popular compared to others but that doesn't mean the writers should treat some of them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Now Dawn got justice for Jessie winning her ribbon against her by cheating. (Because yes, James disguising as Jessie to win should be considered cheating.)
    No, she got her revenge when she let the Princess take her place and beat Jessie in the last contest (which was also cheating).

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    No, she got her revenge when she let the Princess take her place and beat Jessie in the last contest (which was also cheating).
    The major differences is the Princess gave Jessie the ribbon anyway. Dawn isn't using any ribbons that aren't hers, while Jessie is another story. Even though James winning a ribbon for Jessie when she was sick was sweet. I wanna see Ash dress up as May and Dawn and win them a ribbon...joking the shipper's will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I don't understand how Jessie losing the way she did is bad. Her development consisted of being an appeal queen but when it came to battles she always came short with or without the TR costume.

She got what she deserved, she always sucked as a battler and she proved it. Now Dawn got justice for Jessie winning her ribbon against her by cheating. (Because yes, James disguising as Jessie to win should be considered cheating.)

All of the other coordinators, including sucky Kenny earned their ribbons. Jessie didn't win all of them so I'm glad she's out. I love her but I'm really happy Dawn won easily over her so maybe her ego can be lowered and she can grow more as a battler.
    It may be true that Musashi isn't the best battler but how did she end up in the Top 4 then anyway? By luck?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Best episode of the Grand Festivals.

I loved this episode.
    Absolutly awesome!
    The battle between Zoey and Nando was magnificant. The amazing strategies.
    I can't wait to see next weeks battle. Who will win the ribbon cup? (Rhetorical)

I also find it suspicious how Jessilina never revealed her identity.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    No, because Dawn didn't use the ribbon Salvia won to enter the Grand Festival. That ribbon was given to Jessie which Jessie used with the ribbon James won for her to enter the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    It may be true that Musashi isn't the best battler but how did she end up in the Top 4 then anyway? By luck?
    I imagine it is because she didn't battle any of the big rivals in the early battle rounds. At least in this contest journey they cared to show the strength of the rivals like Zoey, Nando and Ursula and the strength of Dawn. Not introducing strong COTDs solidifies that they wanted to put them as the front-runners so Jessie not battling Nando, Ursula or Zoey before might mean she got lucky.

I wish they would have done more with Dawn vs Jessie. That did feel like a fress pass. I predicted they were going to do this and make way for Zoey vs Nando fight. I really loved that battle.

The World God Only knows

Jessie didn't win all of them so I'm glad she's out.
    So should Ash have lost the Kanto League because four of the badges he got were given to him?

How about Ash losing the Johto League because Pyrce forfeited the match against him and gave him the badge?

Whether or not you people believe she belonged there in the first place she was there. Nothing can change that. Nothing could change that she passed Appeals and made it to the Semi-Finals with her own with " weak " Team Rocket Pokemon either. Jessie may not be on the same level as the other Coordinators (she's certainly better then Kenny) but to say that she is a terrible Coordinator is a bit of a stretch. She isn't.

Why is everyone making a big deal out of Dawn vs Jessie.
    We knew she was going to lose but to just speed through the battle like that was ridiculous. This is the Grand Festival. You don't speed through battles with the Main Character (Dawn) in them and give extended battles to supporting characters. Even if people feel that Jessie didn't deserve a longer battle Dawn most certainly did.

The point system wasn't as jacked up
    Or maybe it wasn't jacked up at all as you put it or it was never that way in the first place.
    Ursula and Dawn's battle just got beaten out the 'worst contest battle in hystory'-spot
    That's your opinion. Sorry the battle was good and well deserved.
    Jessie vs Dawn now resides in that place.
    Dawn is a better coordinator than jessie. Go figure huh?
    What a horrible battle that was... WHY DID THEY almost entirely SKIP IT??? Dawn is your main freakin' character! It did not make any sense
    Jessie just happens to suck?

The World God Only knows

I liked this episode but they should have made Jessie more competant in that match. Seriously, that battle should have been longer... ITS THE SEMIFINALS!

Couldn't they have put in Johanna stupid monolouge at the end of the Grand Festival?

I knew Jessie was going to lose but dang.. give her a break. At least she said something nice to Dawn at the end.

Random : PokéRadar

The writers just messed up Jessie's GF big time. Like they did with Ursula and Kenny. But as Jessie is not revealing herself, that might mean that Jessalina is coming back next season!

Zoey and Nando's battle was amazing. I don't get why they even bothered putting Jessie in the Top 4 is her and Dawn's battle was going to be barely glossed over like that. What a waste.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Jessie did beat about 4 or so people to make it this far. All her battles were skipped, but we know she beat 4 people legitimately before she lost to Dawn.

And so the tradition of the rushed Grand Festival's continue. I remember people saying Dawn's GF wouldn't be rushed like May's was, and here its arguably even moreso.

It was really better when they only focused on like 2-3 rivals like in May's GF, rather than 5 and have most of them lose quickly or with little screentime.

The fact that they're dedicating an entire episode simply to the final battle indicates to me that even though some elements are still rushed (not only the Jessie battle, but I have a feeling that Kenny was written off merely because they didn't have time for him to battle), they at least have their priorities this time. Just look at May vs. Soledad, which we only saw the tail end of. I'm not defending the writers, as I would have preferred that Dawn vs. Jessie had been the main focus of this episode, especially given how we only saw Nando earn ONE of his ribbons, as opposed to Jessie. But on the other hand, we've seen Jessie battle so many times that it's almost boring at this point.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

dose any one know what Jessie said to Dawn at the end of this EP?

Quote Originally Posted by ice_wolf-146 View Post
    dose any one know what Jessie said to Dawn at the end of this EP?
    She said that Dawn better defeat Zoey and win the whole thing, because the only loss she'll accept is to the Top Coordinator.

I watched the Nando VS. Zoey battle something like three times. It was that mind-blowing. Nando had a due coming to him for all the years of abuse he's taken, and they paid it up and then some - easily the best contest battle ever, and up there in terms of battles period.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

The battle between Nanfo and Zoey was truly a work of art right from start to finish. The 2 of them really showed what it means to be in a contest battle, both showing their pokemon's elegance and battle skills. It had been one hit back and forth with their pokemon matching one another blow for blow even down to the final seconds of the battle. It's great that one of the rare times that we got to see Nando battle in a Contest battle, we were really shown his skills as a Coordinator. It was truly beautiful to watch from start to finish. Given the skills he's shown here, I hope Ash took notes since he'll have to battle and faint some of these pokemon of Nando's at the league.

Shame though that for all that Jessie had been through being treated as a serious rival this time around that her final battle was really just glazed over with a series of still frames rather than it getting its own episode or even half episode to it. But even so, Jessie should be proud of herself, she did well in her first Grand Festival making it into the top 4, thus making herself one of the 4 best Coordinators of Sinnoh for that year. Not only that, but in her 1 Grand Festival, she's done better than the main character has done in 3 leagues. Now that's an accomplishment.

So now its onto the Final battle of the Grand Festival being Zoey against Dawn. Things have finally come full circle with the 2 of them meeting in the finals since their first time going against one another since Dawn's first contest.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Yes, the battle between Dawn and Jessie was totally rushed. Certainly not expected at all. The whole thing is rushed now. The writers are trying to end the Sinnoh saga as fast as possible, I mean, there will only be one episode between the end of the Grand Festival and Ash's battle with Volkner. The Sinnoh League will probably start within ten if not five episodes after Ash gets the last badge.

But you have to admit, the battle between Nando and Zoey made it all worth it. That battle was by far the best I've ever watched. Now imagine what happens next episode between Dawn and Zoey. It will be so epic, I think that this could be a way for the writers mark the beginning of the end of contests in the anime. I can't imagine the writers and the animators can improve much more on what they are doing for this Grand Festival. If they can and keep contests in the anime, I certainly can't wait for the next one in a few years.

Cyber's right. Another rushed Grand Festival.

I guess were in for our fourth rushed League as well. Can't wait to see Torterra, Electivire, and Magmortar get one-shotted...

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast