Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jin's Ginjinka Project

Default Jin's Gijinka Project

Ok, a bit of background on Jin's Gijinka Project (known in my area as Tan's Gijinka Project): Jin's Gijinka Project is, as the title would have you believe, a project where I attempt to draw each and every Pokemon as humans. Unlike most other gijinkas (it basically means "pokeman"), my characters are unique in that they all each have one superpower/ability, from the common 'invisibility' to the more unique 'summoning a performing stage'. Most of you will notice the names I give each ability (those big words in the middle of each picture) are actually references to music/games/movies/something completely different. This is entirely intentional.

This project began in 2008, when I first started compiling all my gijinka ideas into sketchbooks (I had ideas way earlier than 08). In April 2010, I decided to showcase my ideas on the Internet, where I choose a gijinka everyday to draw on a piece of A4 paper, color it (they aren't colored in my sketchbooks), and scan it into the Net to post on my blog. Which is here, by the way: Gijinka Project Showcase Blog
    Visit my blog for explanations on each ability. (Which I'm too lazy to copy and paste here...some of them can be surprisingly long.)

On the subject of criticism, I'll accept anything that I could use to improve my drawings, though I might not practice any suggestions that might change my art style to one I'm not comfortable with. Also, I tend to be a bit lazy sometimes, and it shows in some of my drawings (such as Cherrim and especially Spiritomb). I'd prefer if you guys don't criticize my lazy tendencies, thank you very much; I'm here for advice on art. (If all I wanted was to show you my work, I could just post the link to my blog and leave it at that...but that's not gonna help me improve anything...)

Here they are, sorted numerically by generation:
        Spoiler:- Kanto:

Spoiler:- Johto:

Spoiler:- Hoenn:

Spoiler:- Sinnoh:

Spoiler:- Unova:
    Last edited by Jinchuuriki Hunter; 31st May 2011 at 3:03 AM.
    Check here for my Gijinka Project. (Alright, so I'm not good with advertising, is that such a big problem?)
    Check here for my comic series, Fettuccine and Friends. (Well, at least I'm trying to advertise.)

I was hoping someone would post here so I wouldn't have to double post...but my pictures are accumulating and editing into my first post wouldn't let people know I've got new pictures. Waiting any longer would be kind of inconvenient...
    Pachirisu (Frank Zapper)
    Flareon (Firefox)
    Porygon (Eight Bit Theater)
    Xatu (Twilight)
    I anxiously await your comments. Useful ones, I mean.
    Check here for my Gijinka Project. (Alright, so I'm not good with advertising, is that such a big problem?)
    Check here for my comic series, Fettuccine and Friends. (Well, at least I'm trying to advertise.)

Your good at drawing backgrounds which is always good. And most of your drawings are great. Keep working on it, your doing a good job.

Gee, thanks. So I at least have the backgrounds done right...
    Here's the latest three:
    Absol (White Zombie)
    Vespiquen (Disturbia)
    Cresselia (Dream Theater)

Ok, the latest three are here:
    Scizor (Five Iron Frenzy)
    Swampert (Around The World)
    Roserade (Guns And Roses)
    There's a slight coloring mistake in the Scizor picture...

these are insanely good.
    i'm really impressed.
    cant wait to see more

Here are another three more:
    Farfetch'd (Black-Eyed Peas)
    Shuckle (Melt)
    Umbreon (Moonshadow)
    As of my current typing, Umbreon has not yet appeared in my blog. I'm putting him here first because my schedule for tomorrow is full and I won't have time to post him here after I post him in my blog. How lucky, you guys are the first people to see my Umbreon gijinka (on the Net at least...).

Holy meep, I love these~! The way you draw looks amazing, and I really love the scenes with their attacks in each one, so unique~!!

I look forward to more~!

Gee, thanks.
    Those attack scenes are there to show the gijinka's abilities in action. They're my favorite part.
    They also have a few recurring characters...like the Unlucky Pilot, the Selfish Chef and the Gay Baseball Player (who appears in two of the following three pictures).

Ampharos (Flashing Lights)
    Drapion (Brokeback Mountain)
    Sandslash (Nine Inch Nails)

Until next time...

I see you have the Gijinka bug too, did you know theres a Group on DeviantArt for Gijinkas, i suggest you check it out, theres tonnes of them.

I like the Absol one, but tbh they're all good, maybe increase the contrast with the shading, and make the colours fuller, atm they seem a little pale but i don't know whether that's your scanner or what not.

It's interesting to see how you've incorparated the different pokemon aspects into their clothing or stances.

Keep up the good work waits avidly for Vaporeon, Flygon or Ninetales

Oh yes, I know about the Deviantart Gijinka Craze. But other than MS Paint, I don't know how to use, nor do I own any other art editing software. I won't be able to create those smooth-looking lines or cut them out perfectly and paste them on the gijinka pokedex backdrop.

The colours are probably my fault. I don't apply a lot of pressure on any piece of stationary I use unless I really try to do it. That's why most of the colours appear pale. The scanner probably had a part in it too since it apparently brightens any picture I scan...

Vaporeon, Flygon or Ninetales? Why not all three?

Vaporeon (Dire Straits)
    Flygon (Sandman)
    Ninetales (Bloodhound Gang)

Until next time...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinchuuriki Hunter View Post
    Oh yes, I know about the Deviantart Gijinka Craze. But other than MS Paint, I don't know how to use, nor do I own any other art editing software. I won't be able to create those smooth-looking lines or cut them out perfectly and paste them on the gijinka pokedex backdrop.

The colours are probably my fault. I don't apply a lot of pressure on any piece of stationary I use unless I really try to do it. That's why most of the colours appear pale. The scanner probably had a part in it too since it apparently brightens any picture I scan...

Vaporeon, Flygon or Ninetales? Why not all three?

Vaporeon (Dire Straits)
    Flygon (Sandman)
    Ninetales (Bloodhound Gang)

Until next time...
    omg, you're amazing. The water effects on Vaporeon are good [i can never draw water for some reason] but Flygon is by far my fave, dynamic pose and outfit ftw =D

Oh btw, you don't need to have them on the backdrop to enter them, they've changed quite a bit you can just enter them as stand-alone images if you want - because not everyone has photoshop XD

Hm...I guess I'll take a look at them when I feel I'm ready. In the meantime, here are the latest three gijinkas:

Pikachu (Danger High Voltage)
    Kricketune (Don't Stop The Music)
    Medicham (Numb)

For the first time ever, 3 gijinkas in one day. I bring you the Hoenn legendary weather trio:

Groudon (Seven Days In The Sun)
    Kyogre (Endless Rain)
    Rayquaza (No More Heroes)

Until next time...

Groudon... Is he wearing some kind of suit? o.o

So far, my favourite of all these is still Chatot. The wind effect is really dramatic. XD

Groudon is wearing a kind of heat-resistant armor. The claws are part of his armor and help him to fight.
    So you like looking up girls' skirts...

Anyway, here's the latest batch of three:
    Drifblim (Boomboom Pow)
    Ditto (Whose Line Is It Anyway)
    Gardevoir (Makes Me Wonder Aloud)

I'm also going to start organizing my pictures to make them easier to find now. The first post will be redone heavily with recent pictures and will be updated every three pictures, starting from today.

Until next time...

Groudon is wearing a kind of heat-resistant armor. The claws are part of his armor and help him to fight.
    So you like looking up girls' skirts...
    You know I meant her hair, right?
    Or didn't you? Who knows.... XD

Yanma... reminds me of Makoto Kifune, a Bleach filler guy. lol. I think it's the hair and glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by arc03
    You know I meant her hair, right?
    Or didn't you? Who knows.... XD
    Her hair? But windy hair is present on most of the people I draw. People who are moving at least.

Quote Originally Posted by arc03
    Yanma... reminds me of Makoto Kifune, a Bleach filler guy. lol. I think it's the hair and glasses.
    Does he? I dunno, I don't watch Bleach filler.

Here are my latest three. If you notice the pattern, you should be able to guess who's next:

Mew (I Wanna Be The Guy)
    Celebi (Chrono Trigger)
    Deoxys (Harder Better Faster Stronger)

Until next time...

Her hair? But windy hair is present on most of the people I draw. People who are moving at least.

Here are my latest three. If you notice the pattern, you should be able to guess who's next:
    Oh, really? XD idk, but I remember her hair the most.

I was never able to guess right.... XD;

Here are my latest three:

Arceus (God Knows)
    Feebas (Celebrity Skin)
    Bellossom (Dance Dance)

Until next time...

Here are my latest three:
    Volbeat (Lighthouse Family)
    Illumise (The Beetles)
    Lumineon (Left For Dead)

Until next time...

Here are my latest two:

Honchkrow (Gangster's Paradise)
    Wobbuffet (You Too)

A note for whoever doesn't read my blog: From now on, I'll only be updating the blog on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. It's mostly due to after-hour school activities but also because this new school I'm in doesn't take lightly on guys who skip after-hour school activities...

Until next time...

Here's two more:

Trapinch (Velvet Underground)
    Magnezone (Gravity)

Well, that's it for this weekend...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast