Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon How'd Ya Do It? The Ultimate Challenge Game!

Default Pokemon How'd Ya Do It? The Ultimate Challenge Game!

In this game you will be assigned to do a challenge...but it all comes down to how you did it!

Gameplay:

With your Pokemon, you will be assigned to confront a challenge given by me and 2 judges. You don't have to complete it, you just have to do it in a way that is:

Funny
    Cute
    Cool
    Weird
    Scary
    Creative

Those are the categories that you will use to complete a challenge. Each category is worth 10 points. Me and the judges will decide how many of those 10 points you should earn. And the person to get the most points out of their contestant bracket wins, and gains immunity for the next round. A 5 point bonus will be given in a category each round based on which category the challenge is most like. So a total of 65 points can be won each round. The person with the lowest points out of their bracket loses, and is sent to the sudden death bracket. Where our 3rd judge will judge the 3 contestants (One from Judge 1, one from Judge 2, one from Me) in the same manner as the regular contest. The Pokemon with the lowest points gets kicked out of the competion, and the other two are still in. If a tie ever occurs in a regular or sudden death competition, a new challenge is given to the tiers. My last subject to cover is uberness. If you do the challenge to easily, obviously, or you don't include how you handle the obstacles given. then you can lose up to 10 points. It's like the negative category.

Rules:

1. If you're a judge and you don't give the score of your contestants within 3 days of the time limit, you're permabanned.

2. If you're a contestant and you don't give your challenge within 3 days of the time limit, you're kicked out.

3. PM your challenge to the judge of your bracket

4. I can call off roleplaying when I wish.

5. Sign up sheets are here:

Name of Pokecontestant:
    Species:
    Personality:
    Contestant or Judge:

Example (My sign up, only for RPing):

Name of Pokecontestant: Kevin
    Species:
    Personality: Cheap, always likes to find ways to make money by barely doing anything, and thus made this game.
    Contestant or Judge: Judge

Judges:

Kevin the (Nidoprince)
    Hound the (Dittoman97)
    Kimono the (rosso1111)

Contestants:

Kevin's bracket:

Shore the (Epwna is a Sceptile)
    Dust the (Dark_Arbok)
    Cyndy the (sasukeanditachi)
    Shade the (Cryptic Blaze)
    Luna the (Kookie)

Challenge:

*Arives in front of everyone* Messenger Pachi at your service! A letter from Kevin has arrived! Here's what it says:

Help! I've been captured by Mudkipz in the forest! Not Mudkips, MUDKIPZ! They are an evil tribe of Mudkip that are scattered throughout the world. They have me imprisoned in their jail. Pretty soon they are going to Mud Slap me to death! Forget about the stupid contest! If you save me, I'll give you the points as I would in a challenge! JUST SAVE ME! But be careful, they set out booby traps and Mudkipz scouts that will try and stop you!

~Kevin
    Hound's bracket:

Surf the (James62)
    Phillip the (surfer treecko)
    Joruna the (higoset)
    Troy the (FireFox13)
    Sally the (Purplepassion)

Challenge:

: Each day, I'll do a different type. Today, the type theme will be...ice.

(Suddenly on big glacier)

: Hee, dark powers. So here is the goal. All you must do is stay on the glacier for as long as possible. Of course, I'll be trying to stop you. You'll be graded on 3 things.

1. How long you stay on the glacier
    2. How well you stand on the glacier (Don't do any moves faster than a slow-mo walk, or you'll lose points here)
    3. How much damage you do to me

Then I'll averege the 3 scores, and that's the final score, also, you have to do the events...cool (Get it?! I thought not)

Doing it in a way that makes a fool of your self will get you to lose points
    Kimono's bracket:

Phil the (Timothy mimefan Sillery)

Announcements:

Dramatic Melody said it was OK to RP but only so that turns out to be more of a game and less than an RPG, so until I say so, I'll be allowing RPing if you would like. Chances are it'll go on until we get enough people to start (6 contestants and 1 more judge).

Last edited by Nidoprince; 3rd June 2010 at 5:13 PM.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Approved! Sign ups are open! 18 people will be accepted total, 3 judges, and 15 contestants.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Name: Shore
    Species:
    Personality: Fun loving, but takes some things way to seriously.
    Contestant or judge: Contestant
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/u3dhc.jpg[/IMG] Thank you Northern Lights for the best sig Ever
    Put this in your sig if you think Reshiram is better than Zekrom!(Started by Zozo1999)

Get Sceptilian Artwork and sprites here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=470456

Pokemon Eggs!Click em please:

Accepted! Added to the list. 14 spots left!

Welcome to the How'd Ya Do It gameshow I...*Sigh* Hope you have a wonderful stay and please settle in our finest hotel. If you have any problems...keep them to yourself, bye! *Flies away before Shore sees the hotel*

Name of Pokecontestant: Dust
    Species:
    Personality: Hides his intelligence, Has a bit of a temper
    Contestant or Judge: Contestant

Accepted!

Oh crap, another one. *Flies back to find Dust's contract to put in safe*

Name of Pokecontestant: cyndy
    Species:
    Personality:loves to be with friends but is very shy around others and big groups.is good at fighting but very much dislikes it,although she will fight her hardest to protect her or her friends.
    Contestant or Judge: contestant
    So, I've been away quite a long while, but hey, I feel like I can change that, thanks to Pokemon Y .

Current Shiny Hunt: Chespin (241 eggs)

Completed Shiny hunts: Staryu (18 eggs)
    Noibat (72 eggs)
    Ralts (8 eggs <3)

[IMG]http://i27.*******.com/m9obo5.jpg[/IMG]
    cyndaquil,chickorita chao and totodile chao from team brushfire

Name of Pokecontestant: Shade

Species:

Personality: Quiet and observant. Is very sarcastic and casual, but has somewhat of a temper.
    Contestant or Judge: contestant

Thanks to Gladeshadow for the trainer card and Felly for the Banner

'We're casual, why should we put more EFFORT into our games and sacrifice our VALUES?' Come to the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout if you agree with this statement.

Both accepted! 11 left!

Name of Pokecontestant: Luna
    Species:
    Personality: Kinda weird. Nice, friendly and calm.
    Contestant or Judge: Contestant.

Join the Aeon Region; a new text-based Pokemon RPG!

Name of Pokecontestant: Surf
    Species:
    Personality: Surf is a kind person and is always ready for a fight
    Contestant or Judge: Contestant
    Last edited by James62; 20th May 2010 at 2:53 PM.

Accepted and accepted. 9 left!

Remember me? That huge paper, done! But I had another, which I fiinished!!!!!!!!

Name: Hound
    Species:
    Personality: A devious evil well, inappropriate word. He will do anything he can to make the contestants fail. He owns an epic fail button, and will do ANYTHING to torture the contestants and make their attempts fail.
    Conestant or Judge: Judge
    If you're actually being interested in my signature and not my post, seriously? I'm sure I said something of value above.

Ah, another familiar face. Accepted. Your bracket will be Surf and the next 4 contestants that join. Also, start thinking of a challenge for your bracket. As soon as we get 9 more people, you'll have to submit your challenge to me by PM. Oh yea, and it should go in one of the categories in the first post just enough so you can give a 5 point bonus. Remember, you won't be giving the bonus directly, but let's say funny was the category you chose. Then instead of being able to win 10 points, you can win up to 15 points from funny.
    Last edited by Nidoprince; 20th May 2010 at 5:22 PM.

Name of Pokecontestant: Phillip
    Species:
    Personality: Phillip is very jittery, and gets scared or nervous very easily.However, if he really needs to do something, he can focus despite his flaws.
    Contestant or Judge: Contestant.

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

Accepted! *Added to the first post* Guys, you can roleplay while you wait if you want. Since there's nothing really happening until we get 2 more judges and 8 more contestants. Dramatic Melody said it was OK as long as it's still a game game and less of an RPG.
    Last edited by Nidoprince; 22nd May 2010 at 1:15 AM.

*meditates while waiting*

Join the Aeon Region; a new text-based Pokemon RPG!

: Hey, anyone wanna play catch for a bit?
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/u3dhc.jpg[/IMG] Thank you Northern Lights for the best sig Ever
    Put this in your sig if you think Reshiram is better than Zekrom!(Started by Zozo1999)

Get Sceptilian Artwork and sprites here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=470456

Smile

Name of Pokecontestant: Kimono
    Species: Froslass
    Personality: Typical of her type, Kimono is cold. She will find the smallest flaws in a Pokemon's performance. However, if she judges a Pokemon's performance to be flawless, she will love them for eternity. Outside of the challenges, she will have a habit of hiding the contestants' posessions.
    Contest or Judge: Judge
    Black 2 FC - 5458 7287 9495

"Love is a condition where the happiness of another person is essential to your own" - Robert Heinlein

: (at ) Sure why not. *starts to play catch*

Thanks to Gladeshadow for the trainer card and Felly for the Banner

'We're casual, why should we put more EFFORT into our games and sacrifice our VALUES?' Come to the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout if you agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso1111 View Post
    Name of Pokecontestant: Kimono
    Species: Froslass
    Personality: Typical of her type, Kimono is cold. She will find the smallest flaws in a Pokemon's performance. However, if she judges a Pokemon's performance to be flawless, she will love them for eternity. Outside of the challenges, she will have a habit of hiding the contestants' posessions.
    Contest or Judge: Judge
    Accepted!

INTERCEPTION!!! *Catches the ball in the middle* Go long! *Flies up high*

Time to use ninja skills to catch it. Shuriyuken!

Smile

May as well get my stuff in my room ready.
    Black 2 FC - 5458 7287 9495

"Love is a condition where the happiness of another person is essential to your own" - Robert Heinlein

Are you trying to pop the ball?! *Blows away the shuriyuken with wings* I paid good money for that ball!

Fine, I guess I'll go learn Leaf Blade or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast