Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Discussion Thread

Default Game Discussion Thread

The Game Section Idea and Feedback Thread ... thing

It was brought to my attention that a thread like this would be appriciated by y'all. By this thread, I mean a game discussion thread.
    Use this thread to discuss Game ideas, Face-Off ideas, and some interaction between us proud people of the Game Forum.

Rules:
    - All Sppf rules apply
    - Be nice to each other.
    - No one liners

Since I am allowing mild chatter in this thread, I underline the importance of post content. Don't post one-liners and the like here, as that spams up the place in the long run. If you see someone breaking that rule, report it, and it will be taken care of as quick as possible.
    This thread is also on "probation" for a week or two, to see how it is received by y'all. Consider this a social experiment.

Topics one can discuss are, but are not limited to:
    - Potential game ideas you have
    - Potential game ideas others have
    - Face-Off ideas,
    - Feedback on ongoing games.

I think that covers more or less everything of importance for now.

Firstly, thanks for making this, Schade!
    To start some discussion:
    IMO I like the "multiplayer" kind of games better than the Next Poster ones. They're really fun when you are invested in them. Like Big Brother, and the Bedrock game. Although people have the funniest ideas sometimes in the NP ones!
    Let's have the basic-est topic- What's a game you just discovered, and like? I opened Pokémon Big Brother a while ago, and it seems very interesting. Pokémon Hangman is pretty fun too, but I post there less because if I win, then a friend of mine pesters me to update fast xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Wind View Post
    The Ghost uses Pikachu merch as a disguise because it wants to be loved.... Game Freak, are you all ok?
    My idea for a crazy Pokémon evolutionary line!

Banner credit: Sworn Metalhead

What really bothers me is the amount of activity in the games forum. Ever since the demise of you're banned, up to 2 hours may pass without a single post. As much as I love this forum, I'll just quit if no one cares about it

^signups for roll to dodge are now open!!^
    Credit goes to american--pi
    claimed super mario, SSB3DS and grasswalk

I love how the Face-Off section has blossomed again with the addition of Face-Offs like Smash Kirby Hat, the now-ended Mega/Primal Face-Off, and the myriad of non-video game related Face-Offs too.

I created three more but I'll put it in a spoiler just in case you guys want to be surprised (silly I know but just to be courteous):

Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Face-Off-er #691

I agree on the Face-Off part. That place had been pretty dead for So long. Glad to see some initiative there!
    And no, Banned is not coming back. If it is quiet, you make your own fun based on the plethora of games available.

Last edited by Schade; 5th July 2016 at 12:17 PM.

"And when the world shall listen
    And when the world shall see
    And when the world remembers
    That world shall cease to be."

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    What really bothers me is the amount of activity in the games forum. Ever since the demise of you're banned, up to 2 hours may pass without a single post. As much as I love this forum, I'll just quit if no one cares about it
    Try going to the RPG section. Where whole days can pass without a post from anyone. The Games section is not inactive. :P

Eh, I mostly post here because I'm bored waiting for RPG's to update, or because I'm too hyper to update them myself. xD The only issue is how long it takes for new games to get approved. Is Schade the only mod approving games anymore?

It does take rather long sometimes, yes. But patience is the best remedy! lol
    You'd be surprised by how quickly games stack up.

Well if you're banned is not coming back I'll quit and only ever post in roll to dodge. Period.

Well, that hardly is my issue now, is it?

I don't understand it. People did edit their posts when ninja'd. I'm pretty sure there were people who posted frequently yet forgot about the rule about waiting till other users have posted. The only way for me to no longer get bored on this forum is if roll to dodge returns to its former glory

Now now let's get our happy faces going.

=)

I like Guess the Next Poster and the bedrock game. Especially the latter since I ran the second version of the game.
    Face-Off-er #691

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    I love how the Face-Off section has blossomed again with the addition of Face-Offs like Smash Kirby Hat, the now-ended Mega/Primal Face-Off, and the myriad of non-video game related Face-Offs too.

I created three more but I'll put it in a spoiler just in case you guys want to be surprised (silly I know but just to be courteous):

Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    I guess the Face Offs are popular again because of you, and I have to say, the Mansion of Storytelling is a really brilliant concept, hats off to you. I've been wanting to make a "different" kind of Face-Off just like you did, since a long time, but haven't got any ideas yet. At least I can be happy that the game I made is getting decent views. =D
    The Ghost uses Pikachu merch as a disguise because it wants to be loved.... Game Freak, are you all ok?

Happy thoughts, Yoom Tah!
    Should I add a rule to this about sending a PM with complaints etc to me instead of posting it here?

But what would we do with this thread if we couldn't complain a little?

little complaints often get out of hand. Though that could spice things up a little. Eh, I'll wait and see if said rule will be needed or not.

I really only post in Pokemon Big Brother or The Big Red Button.

I will probably become active in Pokemon Royal Rumble again once a new round begins.

I definitely prefer the "multiplayer" type games over the "Next person" type of games.
    Click on the image below to visit my blog! The image will link you the latest article! If there is something you would like me to write about feel free to let me know! If you like to be updated on when new articles are posted, please let me know

Other articles:
    1. Individualization Featuring New Avengers 5 & 6
    2. Discussion Time: Two Iron Men?
    3. Comics to Movies: The Infinity Wars

Honestly, as much as I did like Your Banned, I'm glad it's gone. Sure, the games section isn't nearly as active, but it's still imo the most active subforum on this whole site. We still get posts nearly all day, which is amazing, considering the inactivity of the entire Fan Works and Interactive Board.

I am glad some of y'all like the Bedrock game, that was my most favorite game here back when I started, and to be honest, I never thought I'd be the one running that. Even though I'm not. Because I'm not the OP. The OP doesn't post there anymore. (It's *just* this side of a little annoying, because I can't edit the original post, and that thing is Out Of Date.) (Speaking of Bedrocking, I gotta go do that...)

Quote Originally Posted by Schade
    Have you ever played Hide and seek? I love that game, because you never know who's gonna be the duck, and who's gonna be the goose.
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . coronet designs

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    Honestly, as much as I did like Your Banned, I'm glad it's gone. Sure, the games section isn't nearly as active, but it's still imo the most active subforum on this whole site. We still get posts nearly all day, which is amazing, considering the inactivity of the entire Fan Works and Interactive Board.

I am glad some of y'all like the Bedrock game, that was my most favorite game here back when I started, and to be honest, I never thought I'd be the one running that. Even though I'm not. Because I'm not the OP. The OP doesn't post there anymore. (It's *just* this side of a little annoying, because I can't edit the original post, and that thing is Out Of Date.) (Speaking of Bedrocking, I gotta go do that...)
    If you like, you can ask Schade to give you post ownership of the first post, effectively making the OP yours to edit.
    ...Also, it looks like I'm winning this round of Pokémon Hangman

Quote Originally Posted by RzK View Post
    If you like, you can ask Schade to give you post ownership of the first post, effectively making the OP yours to edit.
    Is this a thing I can legitimately do? Because if I can get the correct permissions, that would be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Schade
    Have you ever played Hide and seek? I love that game, because you never know who's gonna be the duck, and who's gonna be the goose.
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . coronet designs

if you don't believe the games forum is going to die check when the last post in the games forum was posted. pokemon hangman, more than one and a half hour ago. and ON MY BIRTHDAY...

I didn't even check roll to dodge yet even though the reffing is up because I don't want my birthday to be ruined if I got a bad roll...

also, I don't even care about pokemon hangman

and I'm currently working on something called pokemon quest, the first version was disapproved but I'm working on a second version
    Last edited by vanillite1; 6th July 2016 at 12:13 PM.

if you don't believe the games forum is going to die check when the last post in the games forum was posted. pokemon hangman, more than one and a half hour ago. and ON MY BIRTHDAY...
    Cheer up man, it's your birthday. Happy birthday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    Is this a thing I can legitimately do? Because if I can get the correct permissions, that would be lovely.
    Yup, I think you can. Schade will probably tell you more.

C'moon, don't be so gloomy. Like Mon said, check the RP section. Now, that place teaches you a thing or two about patience. lol
    Happy birthday, Vanillite!

I'm gonna keep track of the RP section. I bet there's an interval of 48 hours between every post

Well if you're banned is not coming back I'll quit and only ever post in roll to dodge. Period.
    Oh no!!!!!!!1 .

In all seriousness, I kinda lean to the more complex games like PRR but it's hard to manage because of everyone's personal time and unwilling to commit to it. I tried to remake PRR in a more simple style but it got rejected .
    If you are into anime style battling, and wanna test your skills in a more hectic and chaotic area, check out my game, Pokemon Royal Rumble!

Are you are a fan of video games? Obviously you are because you're on this forum. Anyway, if you want, check out my channel by clicking the image below!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nothingjustgo
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/nothingjustgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingjustgo. View Post
    Oh no!!!!!!!1 .

In all seriousness, I kinda lean to the more complex games like PRR but it's hard to manage because of everyone's personal time and unwilling to commit to it. I tried to remake PRR in a more simple style but it got rejected .
    But, yet "Pokemon Free For All" is exactly that.

The games section is not as alive as it once was, but it is by no means dead. Sure, Big Brother has only been getting about 4-5 consistent voters in the current season, but there are threads(like the Marvel Universe thread) there is only a new post when some big revelation or a new film is released.
    Click on the image below to visit my blog! The image will link you the latest article! If there is something you would like me to write about feel free to let me know! If you like to be updated on when new articles are posted, please let me know

Other articles:
    1. Individualization Featuring New Avengers 5 & 6
    2. Discussion Time: Two Iron Men?
    3. Comics to Movies: The Infinity Wars

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast