Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animé Suggestion Thread

Default Animé Suggestion Thread

This thread allows people to give suggestions on animes they think other will enjoy. It also lets people ask for an anime suggestion, if they would like an anime to watch. I think it's a good idea, so discuss and suggest away.

First one I would suggest is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. It is a great anime with a mix of action, comedy, and mystery. Detective Conan is another excellent anime to watch.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I'm actually looking for something similar to Death Note. Would Code Geass be one of them. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Anime-Ash View Post
    I'm actually looking for something similar to Death Note. Would Code Geass be one of them. Any suggestions?
    I heard Hellsing was kinda similar to Death Note, might be like Bleach

Code Geass is roughly similar to Death Note, at least main character wise. While I got bored with it halfway through, it is only 50 episodes long if I recall, so it shouldn't be hard to finish.
    ----------------------------------

What is Death Note about? Could someone give me a summary?

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    This guy has a notebook or something and when he writes a name on it that person dies. He can write down how they die too, but if he doesn't they die of a heart attack. I don't know the plot of it though.

If you want something like Death Note then your results will be slim. Try Detective Conan. It's a nice long ongoing series. It would be hard to catch up though. It has around 520 episodes, give or take.

While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    A student, Light Yagami, finds the Death Note, "whoever's name is written in shall die", (yeah I'm sure you've heard). Though straightforward with his studies, he is keenly in touch with criminal news. The crime rate's raise was alarming, and he learns even further details because he is the son of one of the Police Chiefs. Later believing he could no longer rely on the police or government, he took matters into his own hands and killed criminals with the Death Note in secret. Inmates or running free, they died. Light wanted to cleanse the Earth of all crimes. He would only leave good people in his "new world", and become a god.

Considering how several cardiac arrests for spread-out criminals in a short timespan couldn't have been coincidence, the detectives and police gathered to discuss how to deal with the matter. Some sided with the newly-dubbed 'Kira' (derived from 'killer'), and others objected, saying that even if Kira was killing criminals, it is still murder.

They hired L, the world's greatest detective, to uncover the identity of Kira. And Kira in defense vowed to find out L's face and name to kill him first.
    ------
    Yeah that was just on the spot... I haven't watched/read in a while but that's the main jist. Don't look for fighting action too much in this series (though they're cool when they show up), the franchise tackles the intellectual side more.
    Last edited by Xashlei; 5th July 2009 at 5:18 PM.
    Ummm hi I'm probably not here anymore...! Though I visit maybe once or twice every few years. Please catch me on AIM or Twitter if you really want to see me! It's right on my profile. Later!

I definitely suggest BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad to anyone who's a lover of music. It's a great show with a realistic feel of what really happens to a band who tries to make it with a slice of life thrown in. The English dub really makes this show too. In reality, I'm not even into music that much, but this show just touched me in so many ways. I love it - and I'm sure you will too.
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    I heard Hellsing was kinda similar to Death Note, might be like Bleach
    Hell no. Hellsing is full of blood and gore and other nasty things, and has them all by the truckload. It's crashingly unsubtle, but it's extremely fun.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Code Geass and Death Note have very similar qualities. Both main characters gain the ability to change the world to what they desire, but that's where the similarities end. Lelouch Lamperouge actually has a heart and doesn't let the power take over his emotions or anything like that. Light Yagami kinda goes insane with power, but Lelouch is stronger than that. He works with his power and tries to not do anything to harm those innocent, only those who have forced their power on someone else without any regret or care. Code Geass plays better with the power balance in my opinion. If you did like Death Note, you will probably like Code Geass, probably even more. I know I did. =D

I recommend to anyone to watch Keroro Gunso, its one of the most popular animes in Japan and ts funny as hell!~

my random thought of the week:
    Life is full of surprises--That's what we love and hate about it. Once we think we've got things figured out, life throws us a screwball. Sure it sucks for a while, but we always come back for more.
    Now why would you want to click this?

Okk, thanks I'll check out the dubbed version of Code Geass.

Okk, thanks I'll check out the dubbed version of Code Geass.
    I suggest checking out RightStuf.com for DVDs of the series relatively cheap.

Ohh ok, I'll probabaly watch it dubbed though.
    And I also, recommend/suggest Death Note, an amazing anime series, that I think many will like.

Ghost in the Shell is a good series. Worth a watch. Also Eureka Seven

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Hell no. Hellsing is full of blood and gore and other nasty things, and has them all by the truckload. It's crashingly unsubtle, but it's extremely fun.
    Hellz yes, Hellsing is win. I also suggest Black Lagoon.
    Platinum FC: 2149-8178-2341

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post
    I suggest checking out RightStuf.com for DVDs of the series relatively cheap.
    so you know, Bandai's Youtube page has put up the first series for free (and legal) viewing. Both the dubs and subs are available, too. You can also find free anime on Funimation and Gonzo's channels, among others.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    so you know, Bandai's Youtube page has put up the first series for free (and legal) viewing. Both the dubs and subs are available, too. You can also find free anime on Funimation and Gonzo's channels, among others.
    I know, I just always advertise RightStuf when I can just because they're that awesome. x3

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    Just a shame the American anime industry hates my country and refuses to show them.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Just a shame the American anime industry hates my country and refuses to show them.
    It's not that the American anime industry hates your country, it's that they're not allowed to show it in your country without holding the copyright. :/

I'm still looking for a new anime to get into...
    One's I've watched and liked before are Code Geass, Death Note, Loveless, Wolf's Rain, Shugo Chara, .hack//SIGN, and Ouran Host Club.
    Based on those, anyone know one that I might enjoy~?

I dunno, maybe Bleach. I don't really like it but others say its a good anime series.

I have a few suggestions, but I doubt they'll pass through. My sister actually got me into one of them, and the other one... well, to say that the comedy of it kept me watching was the reason.

Aw hell, no ones gonna look at this anyways.

So (assuming you're going dubbed) here (the ones that I've liked) :
    - Spider Riders (it's a kids show, but I still thought it was entertaining. I don't exactly know how you'd go about finding it, but if you do, it's pretty decent)
    - Gurren Lagann
    - Eureka Seven

Shows I know of, but haven't really watched them... much:
    - D-Greyman (ugh... my memory is faulting me... second show I forget the spelling of)
    - Shakugan no Shana (has some funny moments to it... probably why I've watched a few)
    - ... that's all I have

Anyhow.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Rika_of_Thunder View Post
    I'm still looking for a new anime to get into...
    One's I've watched and liked before are Code Geass, Death Note, Loveless, Wolf's Rain, Shugo Chara, .hack//SIGN, and Ouran Host Club.
    Based on those, anyone know one that I might enjoy~?
    If you liked Loveless, I'm pretty sure you'll like Gravitation. It's another light shounen-ai series with some pretty cool music (the main character has a band). As for the others, for Shugo Chara, I'll bet you like Mamotte! Lollipop. My friend likes both. XD And then....hmmm....I'll have to think of the others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast