Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

Default A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

Final Rival Battle! Dawn VS Zoey!!

It's time for the final of the Grand Festival. Dawn is in it and is battling her first rival Zoey in it. Using Piplup and her recently obtained Togekiss, Dawn is to face the toughest challenge of her career against Zoey's Glameow and Gallade. Who will be the Sinnoh Grand Festival Champion?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is it! The finals have begun! This episode is so tense and filled with excitement!
    I've haven'r been so excited for an episode of Pokemon in such a long time! And now here we are! 4 years down the line and its time for Dawn's final Contest battle.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Hmm, very interesting. I can't wait to see this episode. I wonder who will win. I guess Dawn will win.

Man this battle is so intense!
    I love how Glameow jumped onto Togekiss' back, but what is Togekiss doing? Is it using Protect or something?
    I'm actually biting into my bottle of Pepsi!
    Also glad to see Johanna made it.

Congrats Zoey! But she only just won it!
    HAHA I love the music in the background.
    Well done Dawn! I loved the Sky Attack/Peck!
    You did amazing!
    Top 2!
    That was the most intenst battle ever!
    Oh Jessie is angry! She's given up her Jessilina costume!
    Zoey gets the ribbon cup!
    So I guess that's that!
    The end to a spectacular Grand Festival! Both Piplup and Togekiss did amazing. Dawn really shone today!
    I dunno what Dawn said when giving the ribbon back to her mum, but it brought a tear to my eye!
    Dawn should be proud of today!
    Last edited by KingMinun; 20th May 2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Zoey won. I just can't believe it. What a shame....
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Zoey won. I just can believe it. What a shame....
    Not a shame. Zoey deserved it. She was always better. Dawn deserved a loss cause she was winning for a long time.

We are going to see people whining like:
    Zoey won cause Dawn used his newly caught Pokemon
    Battle was biased
    Battle was cheap
    etc. etc.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 20th May 2010 at 2:15 PM.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Zoey won, and Jessie Gave up Coordinating!!! Thats kinda a shocker... no contests in the next region?? But overall I think this is a nice episode... Dawn put up a good fight. Shame she couldn't win, but good job Dawn. Maybe she will stay for Isshu... although if Jessie gave up contests, it makes me wonder if they will even be in Isshu Region... Now Joy tells Ash about Volkner I assume, and now its time to focus on Ash. I don't really like how Zoey just blows off winning the Grand Festival like its no big deal... Nando comes and talks to them... did he give up coordinating? Dawn and Zoey go seperate ways... Dawn sends out the team, and one final shot of them all. Nice

This episode was amazing! I thought if Dawn lost I would be mad. I was wrong! The writers handled this in such a great way and did not make Dawn seem weak. I am sure if Fake Out was not used Dawn would of won. I also loved how emotional it was. I cried and thats a first for a pokemon episode. If the league is is as good as this D&P will be ending on a high note!

When I heard her theme coming out at the last moment, I really thought Dawn would win, but when I saw her mother silent,...well, we know what that means. But the battle itself was intense, especially the last skyattack and peak collaboration.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

Heh, Nozomi won. Let the *****ing start!
    No wonder she won because she dominated the battle for the most part. The ending was pretty close though.
    It was still an entertaining battle, but not on the same level as Haruka VS Shuu.
    I don't know why Pochama/Togekiss suddenly turned red all of sudden but it sure looked nice. The last few moves of Hikari during the match were actually pretty cool.

Hikari's mom looks so strange with her huge hair and thin body. Her figure is just a taller (just a little bit) version of Hikari! She needs to eat!

We finally got the wanted cameos of Suzuna, Kengo, Yuki and the Princess. Too bad no Ambi or Haruka.

It looked like Muashi ended her contest career after she saw that Hikari lost. She threw her dress on the ground and walked away, talking about getting pikachu next time.

The music of this finale was great. I downloaded some pokemon mp3s on my cellphone yesterday while I went shopping and listened to the new remixed version of Kimi no soba de. It was great ot hear it in this episode. The remix of Kaze no Message was nice too.

It was a nicely paced episode that didn't felt rushed to me. Good to see Togekiss and Gallade in action. These two are among my favourite DP pokemon.

Lol @ gligar killing Oak. Yeah, he died, I'm pretty sure of this!

Next week: ANOTHER Glameow...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I wouldnt have minded if Dawn won but i always though they wrote Zoey as the best coordinator since the begining of the region and it never looked like Dawn was better, still i think Dawn deserved the 2nd more then any other so it was fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I think Dawn deserved the 2nd more then any other so it was fair.
    Eh, IMO Dawn deserved 4th place more then any other if the writers were still trying to be fair (& realistic). Given the way they had battled in the last 2 episodes I'd say Nando deserves 2nd place & Ursula 3rd.

Either way I'm still okay with Dawn getting 2nd place. This episode only further continued to prove how the writers are consistently writing this saga as unpredictable, as we were all pretty sure that Dawn was going to win in this episode.

Eh, I'm just happy Togekiss didn't turn out to be a frickin' DEM like I thought it would be.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

At least it wasn't like Advanced where a festival only character won!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post
    Eh, IMO Dawn deserved 4th place more then any other if the writers were still trying to be fair (& realistic). Given the way they had battled in the last 2 episodes I'd say Nando deserves 2nd place & Ursula 3rd.

Either way I'm still okay with Dawn getting 2nd place. This episode only further continued to prove how the writers are consistently writing this saga as unpredictable, as we were all pretty sure that Dawn was going to win in this episode.
    Go watch the episode...

Zoey won a close match closer then Nando vs her, and Dawn beat Ursula so from the writing all was done well and she deserved the second place, the battle was really cool.

I liked the scene when Nozomi's Glameow used Fake out on Pochama to prevent it from using Hydro Pump. Musashi and Kojiro told Nyarth after this that it needs to learn the move as well in order to stop Pikachu from using thunderbolt on them all the time. ^^

trivia ( from bulbapedia):
    Fake out: Its Japanese name, "Slap Hands" (Nekodamashi), refers to a sumo technique used to confuse foes. It is used primarily by cat Pokémon because the name literally means "cat deception" in Japanese.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Best result ever, Dawn lost!
    Zoey deserved the title much better than her!

Nando vs Zoey was better than this battle. That battle should have been in the finals.

Ash should have trained with Gible during this episode. They are just expanding the DM part even more.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post

I agree with you, the battle against Ursula should've gone to Ursula, but I get why they made Dawn win, and out of the Semifinals, I think Dawn had the third best performance.. So account on that, yeah I'd have take 4th place, but I haven't seen the final yet, I just know that she lost. So if she did awesome in that battle, I might consider moving her up a notch or two..

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Eh, I'm just happy Togekiss didn't turn out to be a frickin' DEM like I thought it would be.
    I wonder how she could've lost with Safeguard, but apparently it did, I was shocked! It's pretty much equal to the rest of the team, so would you mind it if she used it in a possible rematch at Dawn's send off?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Finally its all comes to this episode. Dawn and Zoey kept their promise as they made it in the final round of the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Zoey doing amazing well, she managed to beat Nando in the semi-finals. And I'm so happy that Dawn made it to as well. Especially that she defeated two of her mean rivals such as Jessie and Ursula. Zoey was very pleased with that. I like for Dawn to win. But I don't mind if Zoey becomes the victor of the Grand Festival. But Ash on the other hand must defeat his selfish rival Paul in the Sinnoh League. His victory won't be just for him (Ash) and his pokemon. But for everyone he cares about, his friends including Misty,Tracey,Max,May,Drew,Brock,Dawn,Kenny,Gary,Ma ylene,and Zoey too since she's quickly figures it out what kind of the person Paul really is.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

I have to say something about this episode.

It is absolutely beautiful and so touching; it makes your heart ache. I'm not sure if it's the best contest match I've ever seen, but it keeps you so emotionally involved. Poor Dawn. She fell behind at the beginning of the match, and that's why she lost. After the bad start, the battle was pretty much even, and so that meant Dawn had to lose by a little at the end. Zoey out-thought Dawn on the defensive end, and managed to "capture" Dawn's attacks a few times and use them for appeal purposes. But Dawn really did what she could, and I have to say Togekiss is the perfect fit for her. Just wasn't enough today.

This episode will not be as good when dubbed since Hikari's theme won't play in the ending.

If this is the last contest we see, or the last contest for Dawn, it was a fitting and deserved tribute to her.

Good battle, but Naoshi v. Nozomi was a much better battle for sure. The writers and animators disappointed a bit in this battle.

Anyways, the better coordinator won, that's for sure. Nozomi seemed to be a lot better for most of the battle, and it seemed to me that Togekiss was the main reason why it was that close. Good thing they didn't let Hikari win by using Togekiss, I felt that it wouldn't be fair for her to win like that. But in the end, if you looked at Hikari's face at the end of the episode, you would've thought she won. No depression like what happened to Haruka after losing to Saori.

Speaking of Haruka, I'm somewhat surprised she didn't get a cameo. After all, she faced both of them in the Mikuri Cup, I figured that would be enough to warrant a cameo.

Oh well, now the focus mainly shifts to Satoshi for the remainder of DP, two weeks until the Gym battle with Denzi!

Incredible battle. But what attack uses Gallade (the one in which it formes a Tornado) ?

I go through all this before you wake up so
    I can feel happier to be safe up here with you
    ~

Well It is abit Sad that Dawn Lost But Oh well You cant Win them All , She got to the finals in her First Grand Festival and That is a very good achievement So She Should Feel Proud ,

Zoey Is a very good and skilled Contestant so she Had a Fight on her hands for sure ,

<--- Best starters <3

Kunoz <3

Boy that was a terrific battle best contest i have ever seen.Hats off to Zoey for winning the grand festival but a fantastic achievement for Dawn for getting to the finals.I honestly did not think she was gonna go so far.....

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast