Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

Its ok Dawn lost, least she had a happy spirit about the whole thing.
    I liked the animation and music here.
    I also loved all the little cameo's in it, wonder if will get the same for the league?
    It was a great battle between Zoey and Dawn, its just that Zoey had another year over Dawn so it makes sense I guess.
    Question now, will contests make it next region? Jessie gave up contests so what does that mean? YAY Now more Ash ^^
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Random Gym Leader Fact #1:
    Candice made a cameo. CANDICE. I <3 her. I didn't care what else happened in the episode. There was a big battle? Huh, must have missed it.

Random Gym Leader Fact #2:
    This was Fantina's 7th episode, making her officially surpass Roark as the gym leader with the most speaking appearances, excluding Brock & Misty obviously. EDIT: Oh, and Giovanni too.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 20th May 2010 at 5:51 PM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

So. Zoey wins the Grand Festival. Too bad Dawn lost though, but she did put up a great fight and almost have her. I'm glad that Dawn didn't cry and was happy for her friend and rival Zoey victory.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

I guess Dawn's day's of crying are over, Lol she's more mature then May (I'm going to get killed for saying that) anyway the battle was pretty good, shame Dawn never beat Zoey and who knows if we'll even see Zoey again. Something tells me the writers want to get rid of Dawn's rivals as soon as possible. So Zoey is the contest prodigy instead of Nando, we knew someone was going to be. I do like the end with Dawn's Pokemon all appearing, so much better then Kanto's sad and depressing ending. I don't know if this is the end of contest or not but if it is no female character ever won A Grand Festival on screen.

Everyone is talking about how she won. And tell me, exactly how are you seeing this episode...?
    Last edited by PokeDillon96; 20th May 2010 at 6:29 PM.
    Too lazy for a signature.

I wouldn't mind Dawn losing if it hadn't been so built up that she had a good change of winning. At least it came down to a very close call though. Gallade and Togekiss were great in the battle, loved them.

I can't believe Jessie actually decided to give up on contests......foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    Dawn deserved a loss cause she was winning for a long time.
    That is not a good reason for a loss. Winning a lot doesn't mean you need to lose.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I thought the episode was pretty damn good i must say the battle was awsome the ending was good and as expected nd also it was a pretty damn good end to all things contest in Sinnoh

We seen all of Dawns former rivals and friends except May who wasn't really a rival got a cameo of Kenny and IMO the only bad thing was not seeing Ambipom in some way

Jessilina is officially dead which is sad but at the same time necessary and i'm glad they showed it (she isn't actually dead now :P)

The final moments of the battle just as the peck/sky attack combination was being used the tension was unbearable as you couldn't decide who was going to win

Some people are saying that the battle wasn't as good as the Nando vs Zoey one and i see where you're coming from but you must understand this.....

Nando and Zoey are true performers who love and prob much prefer the whittling down of points by showing off some of their moves and pokemon by just showing off moves and avoiding attacks and hitting them to make them sparkle and the like and are more so that orientated in contests than battling but Dawn however is more for the actual battle side of things and seems to go for the proper battle approach but don't get me wrong she is perfectly capable of showing off the moves and dodging the attacks in a magnificent way just prefers to have a traditional battle with minimal theatrics

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    At least it wasn't like Advanced where a festival only character won!
    This could mean the same thing for the League. Sweet.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I don't know which was a worse feeling, losing an appeal round (Kenny; three episodes ago) or being SO close to win the finals and lost by a few points (Dawn; in this episode).

Dawn did a fantastic job getting this far, and hope she do well in future contests. Congrats to Zoey being Top Coordinator.

I'm surprised Dawn's mom came by so quickly. Wasn't she just watching her daughter on TV last episode?

It was also awesome finally seeing Gallade in the series after its brief appearance in the Darkrai movie.

Well, it is kind of a downer that Dawn lost but there's always next time and everything,

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

I just noticed a similarity to the ending of this episode and "Haruka and Shu: Rivals Forever!" episode.

(ignore Team Rocket)

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag187/315.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture.../645/DP345.jpg

See? Both scenes took place in the sunset with three characters talking about their new goals that will take place in the future.

I'm pretty upset that Dawn lost, as I thought all of her losses to Zoey would foreshadow her win against her here. Kind of a disappointment, but still a great epi.

And, Jessie quit contests... Take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I can't believe Jessie actually decided to give up on contests......
    I am happy. I am hoping for no more contests. In regards to whether or not it is foreshadowing, I half hope so. On the one hand, I wouldn't shed a tear over Jessie or maybe even Meowth leaving probably, but I really like James.

I wish Dawn had won. I'd rather see more episodes revolving around Brock than anything else involving Dawn. Not because I hate Dawn - I like her just fine, to a point - it's because I simply want to see more Brock. Plus, I dislike the contests. I know he won't (he might not even be in it), but I hope Brock has a bigger role in Black/White. I am also hoping that Misty and May show up for Ash's league battles.

I can't say I'm surprised that Zoey won. She's always been portrayed as the better Coordinator. I'm just happy Dawn made it to the finals.

I think if Dawn had raised Togekiss herself and was more familiar with it she would have faired better. She had never used Togekiss in a Contest before.

...Jessie gave up Coordinating? Legit?
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Wow Dawn was so close to winning.... Well she did great for her 1st GF.

Wtf! Why didn't Ash do more Draco Meteor training?????? It's supposed to master that move already!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Top notch episode, even though the battle was so-so and not as epic as I would've expected. However, it was very amusing how a simple Peck attack combined with a Sky Attack created RED LASORZ OF DOOM. Also, curse that music editor, had me fooled when Hikari's theme started playing... I was absolutely certain Hikari was gonna pull it off by then, so I was in for quite a shock.

Well, screw the battle, the highlight was easily the way Hikari reacted to the loss. Great display of good character development right there. Just need subtitles now to increase the awesomeness of this episode even further. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Wow Dawn was so close to winning.... Well she did great for her 1st GF.

Wtf! Why didn't Ash do more Draco Meteor training?????? It's supposed to master that move already!
    Apparantly he cares for Dawn more than he does for May so he likes to sit through her contests.
    I'm glad he didn't steal any focus from her. And I'm really glad Team Rocket didn't interupt too.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I saw the battle but i don't understand why Zoey didn't lose points when gallade got hurt because of the lightning (when it was standing on glameow's tail). Other than that a fantastic battle and a very good closure for this Gf. One of the best imo and certainly well played from start to finish. I just hope we get an idea of what Dawn will do now that she is officially done. I'm glad she didn't cry which i could have understood if she did. She was happy for Zoey and i can see that eventually Dawn will beet her. It just wasn't meant to be now.

The World God Only knows

the writers pretty much wrote themselves into another corner with this battle because if Dawn had won thier would've been complaining about how she used Togekiss to do it.

the writers pretty much wrote themselves into another corner with this battle because if Dawn had won thier would've been complaining about how she used Togekiss to do it.
    So? does that mean we care if they complain about it. I mean i guess it was a last minute thing but that's what the writers decided to do. I think it's amazing how togekiss didn't pull a charizard despite belonging to another trainer and lord knows what the complaints would have been their. She gave it her all and just because she was given a pokemon doesn't mean anything. If she didn't learn how to use it or connect with it, then there would be no point and the short amount of time they gave togekiss i was surprised how quickly Dawn was able to get it to work with her.

The World God Only knows

I gotta say, this was a really amazing battle that even rivals last episode's battle as the best in the Grand Festival, but is easily the best battle that we've seen from Dawn and if it's her last contest battle we see, I'm glad that they gave her such a great send off. It really did show how far she's come in her travels across Sinnoh with Ash and Brock. The battle really showed both giving it their all from start to finish, even with the return of Dawn's spin dodge that we haven't seen her use in quite a while.

And speaking of a finish, that one really came right down to the wire. It was great seeing the final attack from both Dawn and Zoey with Dawn's Sky Attack powered peck and Zoey's Thunderbolt powered Psyco Cut into a Magical Leaf.

I don't really see what Jessie was getting so upset about in the end. I mean sure Dawn lost to Zoey, but it was an amazingly close battle, especially for Dawn to have been behind for most of the battle and Jessie had come in the top 4 in Sinnoh Grand Festival. I don't think anyone can think of the last time TR and top of anything could be used in the same sentence without the word not. As far as I see it, she has no reason to be upset about anything.

But all and all, this was the greatest ending to a Grand Festival yet and as for either a main character or their region rival winning the entire competition I have this to say: It's about time.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

i'm just saying thier would've been complaining regardless of the contest's outcome, and the worst thing of all is Cyber hasn't even posted yet...

This episode rocked so hard!!! I loved it, even though it was pretty sad to see Dawn lose, I am happy for Zoey, and what took place at the end of the episode. I love how Dawn said she wouldn't give up, and threw all of her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs, it reminded me of the time that she told her Pokemon that she was going to be ok in the episode they met Wallace.

With Zoey being my favorite rival of all time, I can't help but be happy for her. If she was a straight up *****, I might have been bitter, but Zoey is a good person, and worked hard for her win, as well as Dawn.

The battle was pretty close, too. Such a shame if Jessie does quit contests. I'm really stoked for how the rest of Sinnoh, will really play out. I love Dawn very much, and I would love for her to stay, but even if she were to leave, I'd still be happy, because I know someday, she is achieveing her dream.

I still want the writers to show us May's Grand Festival somehow, or at least a glimpse, especially if contests do leave. I love how Johanna came and showed up, and still cheered on her daughter.

Johanna haters can step. Fantina was such an awesome judge this Grand Festival, and I am so happy, she was here.

I loved this episode, while I wanted Dawn to win, I will always love Dawn and Zoey as well.

Loved the cameos, and Ursula still being there, and at least we get to see Kenny soon. It's not like Dawn didn't give it her best anyway.

I loved this episode, because it shows that hard work will pay off no matter what. You don't need a Grand Festival title to tell you that.

I don't have sour grapes, this was an excellent episode! One of my favorites. I hope we see Zoey and Ursula again, though.

I also hope Ash wins the League, props to him for never losing faith in Dawn when she was battling Zoey.

Overall 10/10!!! I'm stoked for the League, too bad I'll have to wait til the end of summer, since I'm going away.

I didn't want Zoey and Dawn to the finals but during this episode I was rooting for Zoey believe it or not.

The thing that makes me sad is that apparently, Jessie gave up on contests. I don't want her to do that.... poo!

Random : PokéRadar

I'm actually kinda glad Nozomi wins. Now she has a reason to retire and leave all her competitors alone, and never give them such hideous advice ever (you guys know what I'm talking about).

I'm hearing rumors about Jessie hanging up the Miss Mushashi costume, any truth to these? Guess it means there will be no more contests ever.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast