Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A Grand Fight for Winning! (645)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost471 View Post
    It was kinda out of character for Jessie to quit contests just because she lost against Dawn. Nevertheless the fight between Zoey and Dawn was great, to bad she lost though. 8/10
    Exactly. That was poor writing done for the sake of TR becoming "competent" and boring in BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Exactly. That was poor writing done for the sake of TR becoming "competent" and boring in BW.
    Yeah. I mean she loved contest in the Advanced and DP saga and wanted to become top coordinator no matter how many times she lost. Now she actually made it to the semi-finals of the grand festival and she suddenly quits over 1 lose? That just doesn't make any sense to me
    Friend Codes:

HeartGold: 0218 7650 9884 White:5157 9938 2000
    White 2 (Japanese Version): 5286 8510 6691

Yeah. I mean she loved contest in the Advanced and DP saga and wanted to become top coordinator no matter how many times she lost. Now she actually made it to the semi-finals of the grand festival and she suddenly quits over 1 lose? That just doesn't make any sense to me
    She might go back to being a coordinator if/when TR is disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    She might go back to being a coordinator if/when TR is disbanded.
    That would make sense. For all we know she didn't really mean it and just said it because she was angry. But right now it seems she was serious. Only time will tell
    Friend Codes:

HeartGold: 0218 7650 9884 White:5157 9938 2000
    White 2 (Japanese Version): 5286 8510 6691

At least in the original Japanese dub of the previous episode, Jessie tells Dawn to win the championship as Dawn won against her, or otherwise she won't forgive her. She repeats her statement in this episode. She probably thought that since she didn't even lose against a proper victor, all the things she have accomplished so far was pointless.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

It was a great battle but I was really hoping for Dawn to win. But at least she made all the way to the final round in only her first GF.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Ash View Post
    It was a great battle but I was really hoping for Dawn to win. But at least she made all the way to the final round in only her first GF.
    Same here, you'd think for the last contest in the show, they'd at least allow the main character to win.

I loved this episode! It's too bad that Dawn lost by so little though...
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

They just can't ever let a main character win can they?

At least Jessie quit, though, which is good.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Just rewatched this episode, and I have to say, this episode has my favourite scene in the whole anime, its just something about Dawn handing over the ribbon to her mother, that scene fills me with joy, it really did show us how full circle she came, leaving on her first day with her mom's ribbon, meeting many friends, gaining lots of experiences and her own ribbons, it showed how much she grew, a truly fantastic scene and that BGM, heart-warming, truly heart-warming.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Just rewatched this episode, and I have to say, this episode has my favourite scene in the whole anime, its just something about Dawn handing over the ribbon to her mother, that scene fills me with joy, it really did show us how full circle she came, leaving on her first day with her mom's ribbon, meeting many friends, gaining lots of experiences and her own ribbons, it showed how much she grew, a truly fantastic scene and that BGM, heart-warming, truly heart-warming.
    I agree, this episode was definitely one of my favorite episodes. The battle between Dawn and Zoey was just awesome, even though she lost it was still a great episode for Dawn and I'm glad that she got runner up in the Grand Festival on her 1st try. The music used in this episode was pretty awesome too, especially that one where Piplup and Togekiss got ready for one final attack. I easily give this episode a perfect 10/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567