Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beg, Burrow and Steal! (383)

Hey, I have a question. Since this episode is coming up in America, is anyone going to write the full episode guide for the site? Just wondering

weird uk gets this episode before US
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

James: Geronimo!
    Meowth: Geroni-WHO?
    James: Mo!

Meowth: Hahahaha! Our Diglett Supreme is a Ground type, so it's weak against Water attacks!
    Jessie&James: MEOWTH, WRONG ANSWER!!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

My notes:

Here's my review of 'Beg Burrow, and Steal!" (just got done watching it):

--Here goes!
    --Oh, I'm unbeatable!
    --Alisa's a nice name....
    --LOL at Crazy Brock!
    --I can see why Max is impressed...
    --The story of the Lake of Illusion...
    --Zip through the Team Rocket motto...
    --Ash is so brave going down the Trapinch hole...
    --I'm beginning to get annoyed by all this calling for Pikachu...
    --Meowth's dream sequence...
    --Sneaky Rockets!
    --Now it's the other's turn to head down the hole...
    --RUN!!!
    --They found the Lake of Illusion!
    --Pikachu's all right!
    --but Team Rocket had to spoil a touching moment!
    --LOL at Ludicolo!
    --Of course James has to get glomped...
    --Yay! the gang won!
    --::gives Brock a Kleenex::
    --The End!

The Narrator's little "Wonderful World of Pokemon" speeches are getting a little tiring at the end of every episode. C'mon, where's the funny stuff?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Why is it that the group has no idea where they are, the place has a whole bunch of random wild Pokemon, some Ranger comes up, tells them they are trespassing in a protected are, they become friends, the Ranger takes them on a ride or shows them around, they end up seeing a Pokemon that hasn't been seen in a while, they help the Ranger in this problem, and the Ranger forgets all about the trespassing deal.

That thing with Ash never changing what he says and Meowth says at least they change up their motto sometimes.

The Diglett Supreme Mecha was cool.

James: Geronimo!
    Meowth: Geroni-who?
    James: Mo!

The Trapinch Labyrinth idea was different.

Brock calling out Ludicolo and it starts dancing with Max, twice!

The Ranger, Elissa (sp?), having a Meganium.

Trapinch being the bosses nutcracker idea.

Jessie: Silently.
    James: Stealthily.
    Meowth: Meowthily.
    Wobbuffet: Wobbuffet.

Jessie and James's faces whenever Trapinch evolves into Vibrava.

Max: I told you I would dance with you later, Ludicolo!

I wanna fly on a Vibrava now.

Geki Guest

I hated the episode, it was really boring and Vibrava and Trapinch barely had a dub voice. Alicia was kind of hot, but that's the only good part of the episode. I also liked how TR told the gang to try something new, even they switch around their motto. And, how would Teddiursa be most immune to a psychic attack when there was a Poochyena, which is IMMUNE to them?

3/10
    Last edited by Geki; 17th December 2005 at 3:42 PM.

XD Max and Ludicolo are strange dance partners. Shame Ludicolo doesn't do that more often ._.

Best Quote:

"Silently!"
    "Stealthily!"
    "Meowthily!"
    "Wobbuffet!"

XD Wobbuffet's tone and pose just made that scene.

Hm, Donphans and Phanpies. Foreshadowing, anyone?

Vibrava look a lot cooler in the animé than in the game.

Amazing that no one gets eaten after countless falls into the Trapinch pits. Sure, it's Evolution Season, but there could still be some hungry stragglers ¬_¬ Oh well, the writers wouldn't ever let a main character be eaten...

I actually liked Hal's voice, for some reason. His childhood one, though....That one was horrible.

Elisa, on the other hand, is a generic character with a generic design and a generic voice. Wow, talk about predictable[/badpun].

Overall rating:
    8.8 out of 10
    I liked this filler, for some reason. Flygon's the only one of the Trapinch line that ever gets any attention, so it's nice to see the little ones actually get a starring role.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

I think the Safety Ranger must have had a lot of experience with her job... She wanted to save everyone! But, if you consider this to be a filler, it was one of the best in Advance Battle yet. But I'm also almost positive the Diglett Supreme Mecha was used a long time ago in the Kanto Region.

"Beg, Burrow, and Steal" was strictly average fair, it paled in comparison to the last few weeks. The gang sure are spending a lot of time on Izabe Island, considering this place isn't even from the games.

Surprised it took them all the way till late Hoenn to put Trapinch and Vibrava in an episode. This place seemed to be based off the desert in R/S where you find wild Trapinch. Anyone else stumped as to how TR magically got up into their balloon when they were stuck down in the caves like the rest of them?

Meganium had it's Japanese voice, which was strange because previous Meganium had dub voices. Nice to see Brock use Ludicolo and not let him rot in it's ball. Other than that it was an average episode and not much to write home about.

I can't believe Trainer's Choice got it wrong.

And the Boss Fantasy was stupid. Why would Giovanni use a Tranpinch as a nut cracker when he could buy one? Can somebody tell me?

Team Rocket was pretty funny in this episode

Meowth: How did they get a lake down here?
    James: We'll Pond-er that one later...

and the constant references to how predictable their interactions with Ash and Co. are...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Thi seppy was kinda good, but then again ._.

They said the word "predictable" too much. And why does TR have to wreck every episode?

Okay...This is my least favorite episode of this season (so far). Although some of the lines from Team Rocket were funny, this episode was a complete snooze fest!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

For me this episode was really pointless, but that's why they call them fillers. Over all I give it a 3.5/10..
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

Why does there have to be a long, 5-episode wait for every battle? Can't it just be 1 or 2 episodes?

This episode was pretty cool. Vibrava was awesome. Everyone will call me crazy, but IMO, Trapinch(the one with the transmiter on its back) was kinda cute. TC was ridiculously wrong. Teddiursa!? It should be Poochyena since psychic attacks won't even affect it! I think it would be cool if Vibrava and FLoygon were bug/dragon types(nice combo type). I thought it was funny when Ludicolo used water gun on Robot Diglett and Meowth said that ground types are weakened by water. Ha! *lol*
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 18th December 2005 at 3:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer
    THis episode was pretty cool. Vibrava was awesome. Everyone will call me crazy, but IMO, Trapinch(the one with the transmiter on its back) was kinda cute. TC was ridiculously wrong. Teddiursa!? It should be Poochyena since psychic attacks won't even affect it! I think it would be cool if Vibrava and FLoygon were bug/dragon types(nice combo type). I thought it was funny when Ludicolo used water gun on Robot Diglett and Meowth said that ground types are weakened by water. Ha! *lol*
    Yeah, the Trainer Choice was ridiculously wrong. When they chose Teddiursa, I was like "No, it's Poochyena.
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Yeah, the Trainer Choice was ridiculously wrong. When they chose Teddiursa, I was like "No, it's Poochyena.
    Well its better than when they labeled nuzleaf as jolteon.

Or Arbok evolving into Seviper

Anyway poor review. Its the same generic filler. Some random pokemon appears everyone is fascinated by it. No character development no captures. Team Rocket appears tries stealing them as they say their repetitive motto. They fail miserably. And everyone is happy. " Well meet again soon" Pfft Yeah right.

Anyway poor review. Its the same generic filler. Some random pokemon appears everyone is fascinated by it. No character development no captures. Team Rocket appears tries stealing them as they say their repetitive motto. They fail miserably. And everyone is happy. " Well meet again soon" Pfft Yeah right.
    well there were some funny scenes in it. Just a few though.

[QUOTE=seizureman]Or Arbok evolving into Seviper

Or Mukuhita is the best choice to battle Spoink.

The fact that this ep follows right after 'Mawile' just makes it all the worse. The minor characters were blah and their romance was sickeningly sweet. There were some funny lines, all of which have already been mentioned, and the Rockets teasing Ash was great fun. As someone mentioned already, there was no character development and no new additions to anyone's team. Even the plot was stock and dull. The funny parts were not enough to make this ep worth having in one's archive.
    Last edited by Andromache; 5th January 2006 at 8:09 AM.
    My OTPs. I also like Rocketshipping.

Paired with ~Ampris~ in the InsanelyLongPMsship

Proud member of the Club for Brock's Fans. The character's sadly unappreciated these days.

This episode was pretty interesting, though there wasn't anything especially memorable about it. I think I would have liked it better if they'd played up the sparks between the two guest stars a little bit more. Romance or at least interest between guest stars have really made for good episodes in the past, like "Hi Ho Silver Away", "Love at First Flight", and "Mewtwo Returns". Otherwise, the episode dragged quite a bit. Also, I don't like trapinch very much (I do like vibrava and flygon, though).

6/10 for me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast