Thread: Like playing through the game quickly?

Default Like playing through the game quickly?

http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/game-pokemon-ruby.php

Cyberscore has a chart for the fastest completeion time(beating the E4). My time is up there, but it had alot of screwing around.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

I always go through the games fast, but not this fast.

Riki Tiki Tavi

After I complete the game I go back through it as fast as possible but not as fast as that

What's the point of rushing through a Pokemon game? Isn't the point to have fun? I don't see how it's fun to rush through the game and leave all the fun stuff behind. I find that the battling and collecting are the most rewarding aspects of the game and should therefore be appreciated. You can't fully appreciate what the game has to offer if you're competing to see who can beat the game the fastest, it just seems hollow. I take my time when I play the 3rd Gen games since I've learned that once all the trainers are beaten and all the Pokemon have been caught, the game losses a lot of it's appeal.

On the first run through I like to take my time and catch every Pokemon that I see that I haven't caught yet. After that I catch my team accordingly and don't really care about the rest. I don't really rush through at all.
    Eve
    ~The best thing that has ever happened to the universe sense Chuck Norris' birth~

Cutie lvl. 5
    To level up Cutie, PM me saying you wish to level it up.

On the first run through I like to take my time and catch every Pokemon that I see that I haven't caught yet. After that I catch my team accordingly and don't really care about the rest. I don't really rush through at all.
    Eve
    ~The best thing that has ever happened to the universe sense Chuck Norris' birth~

Cutie lvl. 5
    To level up Cutie, PM me saying you wish to level it up.

Should've put it a different way then. Basicly, do you like speed-running the games.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

I'm never in a hurry.

I'd rather do things slowly. If you do things quickly, you're doing it wrong. ^_^

God, it takes me that long to choose a starter.
    Noah/SS: 2064 3559 5857
    Emerald/D: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

LF: Ice Punch Buizel, Female Snorunt with Dawn Stone, Dragon Dance Bagon, Events (legit)

Offering: Nothing much, Poke's availible up to Eterna City (D), Many Poke's for events (SS)

:'( Data was corrupted, I guess someone before me hacked it. Please, help me recover my National Pokedex (493) by donating :'( I'm so sad, I worked and traded for hours on end!

My god, 3 hours? At that point I'm normally at the first gym/ on my way to the second gym. What's the fun of doing a game like pokemon this fast? If it would be, like, a kirby game I could understand it, but not with pokemon.
    Those who have enemies have stood up for something in their lives...
    [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/bi8jg2.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Rosemary for the fantastic banner!

I like to take the game slow...
    Amphy

I'm also AmphyOrca on deviantART, visit my page and if you have an account, comment!http://www.amphyorca.deviantart.com
    Join Create-a-Region Club, and the online home page! http://www.createaregionclub.webs.com

No, I take my time to train up my (rather poor) team... :P

^Scary accurate...^

I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection and I sometimes care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are barring unfortunate natures, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

3 HOURS! Wtf, I am usually on the second gym by then. Man, that person has no life

Platinum team

Currently replaying Emerald

I play through the game normally but it always ends up being fast.
    Kyogre ftw

My homies faves

MUDKIP IS THE BEST STARTER EVER! NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Cool reciprocation 30

reciprocation 30 life, of wow gold which less than 20 eld ago meeting in X-ray surface to see the soul on the sort to see wow powerleveling the film on the picturing, perception haggard, with wow accounts her catchy eyes countenance, single-control workplace and buy wow gold literature, activity articles and speaking with colleagues, and patients disputes - faculty only straighten her own receive and gradually chainlike the canvas progressively readable and progressively logical cheap wow gold examination theories.

I don't see the point. I played through Platinum very quickly for some reason, and when I played FireRed I played through extremely quickly because I had borrowed it and was only trying to get a Raikou.

No, I like the story in these games, why ignore it?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I guess that a lot of the people asking what the point in speed running Pokemon is don't realise that some people find blitzing through a game at an abnormally fast rate to be fun :P. Three hours is as impressive as hell, I gotta say.
    FC: 4770 1255 5196

when i play the games i play as fast as i can but when i cant get past something i slow down, go back and catch pokemon. once in emerald i didnt catch n e pokemon until i fully evolved my treeko and i got to the second gym, evolved it into sceptile and cought a shiny sableye
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

You guys don't seem to get the point of a speed run. When the person got three hours, it obviously wasn't his/her first time playing the game. The goal in a speed run is to test your memory, knowledge, and skill of the game, not to go kamikaze and skip the storyline.

Anyways, I have tried to do speed runs, but I always get sidetracked doing some stupid bonus mission. Then I just say screw it and continue on in hapiness.

I just completed ruby today in 22 hours and I did everything, fought every trainer and I didn´t rush. I actually expected it to take longer time than it did but I guess it didn´t take as long because I didn´t grind anything before the E4. I never rush in any game cause I like to enjoy the gameplay.
    We can do this the easy way, or we can do it Dawg-style!

How is it even possible to complete the game in 3 hours?!
    I like to take it slow and do everything there is to do.
    5th Gen's Coming!