Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For The Love Of Meowth (646)

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Have there been other times we've actually seen Jessie re-call Wobbuffet to it's Pokeball before?
    If there has, then this has to be the first time I've ever seen it happen before.
    It's really rare outside of seasons 3-5.
    New shinies week of 5/12-5/19: (lost)
    New shinies week of 5/19-5/26:

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing AlphaSapphire

I'm finally wireless! Friend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173
    I still need some codes! Please add me and PM me, I'd appreciate it.

Cute episode - one of the better filler out there. Meowth is totally superficial! Falling out of love just because Glameow evolved. Mamie (sp?) was really cute. I don't really like Meowth-centric episodes all that much, but this was a good one.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

That moment when you realize that this episode has Torterra's only 1 vs 1 win. Followed by that moment when you realize that Torterra got a 1 vs 1 win. Further followed by that moment when you realize that it's against Jessie thus no one takes it into account ever and just says that Torterra got no wins as a Torterra. *Okay-meme*
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Default For The Love Of Meowth 646

For Rubyed
    Mitsuhoneys abilitie allows him to collect sweet honey after battle i believe so you just need to fight wild pokemon using a mitsuhoney and hope he picks some up, like the pickup abilitie but with sweethoney.

Nice episode in general especially it show some development between the two cats. I like the way Nyarth become more active in battling rather than just stealing Pokémon. His way of throwing a monster ball looks awesome and swift to me. Especially when this is the first time that a Pokémon sent out a Pokémon if I remember correctly.

Meowth sure seemed stronger than usual in this episode. Too bad Team Rocket didn't split up for good here, I was hoping that they would. I think this was a pretty good episode overall 8/10

It's one of the better fillers, but it's a distinctly odd episode. Meowth falling in love with another cat like Pokémon has been done before, though it works well as a plot device and his easy infatuation is a fun and compelling aspect of his character. Although as it appears in this instance it made Meowth come across as being quite shallow and superficial, in that his only reason for liking Galmeow was that she was pretty. But then that does fold back into his more shelf centered and somewhat hedonistic personality so it works.

The first half of the episode is more or less what you'd expect. Meowth attempts to woo Glameow's affections as he's done with Skitty and other Pokémon before. Slightly too much time was spent focused on Team Rocket capturing Glameow and Meowth and Glameow spent relatively little time together, but that's consistent with the shallow level of depth of Meowth's feelings for Glameow. It's the second half were things become, interesting. Meowth's infatuation gives him the strength to defeat, Serviper and Infernape. It's somewhat consistent with cannon but's mainly inserted for comic value. Then Glameow evolves into the larger and more voluptuous Purugly...And Meowth doesn't like her anymore.

This is somewhat problematic, though it has clear comic value. I can't tell whether the epsidoe is intended to perpetuate negative stereotypes about body image and romantic desirability or whether Meowth's sudden loss of attraction is merely a representation of his own negative personality traits, namely selfishness and superficiality and a demonstration of the fact he was never in love with her in the first place. At least not in the same sense that Pikachu and Ash love it each other. Either way I agree with the person who stated Meowth's quoted or the episode should be 'Not fat cats,' because it's clear his loss of infatuation was triggered by her physical change.

Glameow herself was hard to work out as a character. She happily went along with Meowth, though her surprised reaction to what he was telling her made it difficult to interpret how she felt about it. She certianly never tried to escape him, consented to the boat ride and anything that happened on it and didn't go back to her trainer until Meowth had rejected her. At one point she crushes Meowth and demands he live up to his promises to look after her. Not sure if that's attempting to use negative stereotypes about women of size or relationships in general or if it was intended as a genuine feeling of betrayal at Meowth's change of heart.

Overall I throughly enjoyed this episode, simply because of Meowth's actions and speech, as well as it's gentle comic plot. So I'll give it 8/10, though I do think it's a shame Pokémon chose to use jokes aimed at people of size and a somewhat superficial view of romance and attraction as a source of humor, but I think it more reflects Meowth's self-centered nature as a character rather than anything else.
    This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple.

By Ivy the Snivy

I normally dislike Team rocket episodes where they split up, but Meowth's crush on Glameow was funny especially how Meowth reacted when it evolved into Purugly, which was priceless. :3

Meowth got this whole episode to himself but didn't even gain a new attack?? It just seems like he had a perfect chance to learn Night Slash here. 4.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Meowth got this whole episode to himself but didn't even gain a new attack?? It just seems like he had a perfect chance to learn Night Slash here. 4.5/10
    I thought Meowth couldn't learn new moves after he learned to talk.
    This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple.

By Ivy the Snivy

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    But didn't he mention that he was trying to learn Night Slash in the Jumping Rocket Ship episode? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    When was this mentioned?? Because if so then my memory must be fading.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    When was this mentioned?? Because if so then my memory must be fading.
    It was one of the Orange Island episodes. He says he failed to learn Pay Day because he learned to talk instead.

By Ivy the Snivy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123