Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World! (647)

Default The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World! (647)

Electric Shock Battle! The Final Badge!!

After Sunyshore City has been rebuilt, it is time for Ash's final Sinnoh Gym battle. Facing against the Electric Leader Volkner, Ash faces a massive challenge and perhaps his toughest battle yet. Will Ash be able to defeat Volkner and get his eighth and final Sinnoh Badge?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

It seems Team Rocket have their eyes on the lighthouse again.
    Ash sent out Torterra, Volkner sent out Electivire.
    Torterra just got KO'ed by Electivire.
    Ash sent out Pikachu.
    Pikachu KOs Electivire with an iron tail to the head.
    Team Rocket try infiltrating the lighthouse and get shocked.
    Ash recalls Pikachu.
    Volker sends out Jolteon, Ash sends out Infernape.
    --BREAK--
    Infernape KOs Jolteon with Mach Punch.
    Volkner sends out Luxray, Ash recalls Infernape and sends out Pikachu.
    Pikachu is hit by Discharge(?) and KO'ed.
    Team Rocket get stuck in a room in the tower.
    Ash sends out Infernape.
    Team Rocket goes blasting off again! They blew up the control room trying to escape.
    The power is knocked out.
    Infernape activates blaze after using dig and being hurt by a cave-in.
    Flint is in awe at Infernape's blaze.
    Flashbacks on Monferno with blaze.
    Infernape goes crazy and burns up the gym.
    Infernape starts to turn on Ash but it turns out Infernape has blaze under control.
    Infernape kicks Luxray's *** with an enormous flame wheel.
    Ash wins the battle 3-2.
    Ash receives the badge.
    Still-screen. Running into the distance.
    http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4118/ashwinbadge.png

Oak's Pokemon- Caterpie. Oak is wound into a cocoon by stringshot.

Preview-
    Jasmine fights Flint. Steelix VS Infernape.
    Kenny's Empoleon VS Ash's Buizel
    Last edited by dudleyspud; 3rd June 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Flint is present for the match. And as expected Torterra went down against Electivire.

Edit:- Electivire got defeated by Pikachu.

The next match is Jolteon Vs Infernape (Pikachu got called back).

On the other side TR are trying to take control of the Tower again.

Edit-2:- I think i am going to stop updating since two other people are already doing it.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 3rd June 2010 at 12:12 PM.

Torterra lost. Pikachu's now. *Will update later*
    Iron Tail on the face! Pikachu is the winner.
    Much Punch! Infernape just beat Jolteon, pretty hard.
    Luxray - Pikachu, as expected. Luxray almost beaten Infernape, (Thunder Fang)
    What a Blast. Luxray got KO'ed by Infernape. Where's Torterra at the badge's showing?
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 3rd June 2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

So Infernape didn't lose control of Blaze this time. But the sad thing is that Infernape didn't get a new move.

That was one powerful Flame Wheel. I feel sorry for Paul now cause he will be facing the this same ape in the league.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Poor poor Torterra, taken out so easily, and then didn't even appear at the end when Ash got his badge. That tortoise isn't being treated very well these days.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Episode just ended it was awesome in my opinion.

- Well Torterra lost in a one hit ko Ice punch wich i think Brock and Flint comented on it so it was justified.
    - Pikachu boosted electrivire speed with two Thunderbolts but then paralyzed him with static and was able to beat it with multiple iron tail.
    - Jolteon was sent Pikachu was withdrawn and Infernape sent.
    - Jolteon does a Thunderbolt on Infernape then start spamming Shadow Balls wich Infernape counter with Mach punches and causes a smoke screen then mach punches Jolteon to the roof and one hit kos it.
    - Luxray is sent, Infernape withdrawn Pikachu is sent out.
    - Pikachu gets easly some Discharged and then spams Iron tails on Luxaray until it Thunderfangs Pikachu and then does a discharge Koing Pikachu.
    - Infernape goes out and it cant do anything since Luxaray is avoiding him and Thunderfanging and Discharging the monkey, Team Rocket blows a control room and lights ho out has Infernape start to activate Blaze, he goes rampage and starts sending Flamethrowers all over the place.
    - He seems to look like he was going to attack Ash and Pikachu comes to the rescue but Ash tells him to stop, Infernape smiles at Ash and then procedes to beat the **** out of Luxray with a Flamethrower that doesnt hit directly, then Mach Punch and finally a Flame Wheel to the wall to finish it off.
    - Volkner gives Ash the badges they say goodbye to them and leave running content.

Oak Lab was Caterpie and stringshoted the old man.

I fell into the episode a bit late, I was reinstalling GTA3, old school, but uhm did Torterra get at least one hit in? After the break was great in my opinion. Jolteon getting 'roofed' was priceless! That Blaze fueled Infernape could've lasted a bit longer then it did, but it was a stroke of genius of the writers to let Team Rocket cause for another black out! xD

About the preview, was that Flint's or Ash's Infernape?

Don't know why Ash would be rebattling Jasmine, or why Flint would be battling her. When the summary stated that Kenny was having special practice time with her...

Funny fact, Flint has a Steelix in DP...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

^ Torterra managed to land an Energy ball following Leaf storm, which was parried by Lectivire's Fire Punch. It was taken down in one hit though whilst using Rock Climb - kinda similar to Palmer's Rhyperior's final Rock Wrecker. I'm not sure if that move has been very effective lately.

Also I believe it is Jasmine's Steelix and that she was battling Flint - not sure why though.

It seems that there is a buzz around for Volkner's return to gym battles as there is a massive queue outside the gym, but Volkner promised Ash first. He's going to be busy for a while.

I think Flint was there for support for the first gym battle, but the gulf in power seems huge between Flint and Volkner - maybe he's rusty still. Though Ash might have been saved by Team Rocket turning off the power and delaying Luxray's Thunder Fang before Blaze activat

From Dogasu at Bulbagarden:

By the way, at the end of the episode, we learn that the Pokemon League is going to take place in one month south of Nagisa City.
    Last edited by Sakuragi; 3rd June 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I fell into the episode a bit late, I was reinstalling GTA3, old school, but uhm did Torterra get at least one hit in? After the break was great in my opinion. Jolteon getting 'roofed' was priceless! That Blaze fueled Infernape could've lasted a bit longer then it did, but it was a stroke of genius of the writers to let Team Rocket cause for another black out! xD

About the preview, was that Flint's or Ash's Infernape?

Don't know why Ash would be rebattling Jasmine, or why Flint would be battling her. When the summary stated that Kenny was having special practice time with her...

Funny fact, Flint has a Steelix in DP...
    I'm 99% certain that it was Flint's Infernape as he was shown next to his Infernape about 5 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuragi View Post
    It seems that there is a buzz around for Volkner's return to gym battles as there is a massive queue outside the gym, but Volkner promised Ash first. He's going to be busy for a while.

I think Flint was there for support for the first gym battle, but the gulf in power seems huge between Flint and Volkner - maybe he's rusty still. Though Ash might have been saved by Team Rocket turning off the power and delaying Luxray's Thunder Fang before Blaze activated.
    Funny you mention that. The queue seems to have vanished by the end of the episode. :P

I saw Flint behind it so it was Flint's in my opinion.

Yeah Torterra did 3 leaf storms that were destroyed by Fire Punch, then he did a Energy Ball wich i think damaged Electrivire a bit, then used Rock Climb and when was going to finish it got one hit Ice Punched.

Quote Originally Posted by dudleyspud View Post
    Funny you mention that. The queue seems to have vanished by the end of the episode. :P
    Yeah, that's true.

But there was a power outtage during the battle which needed resolving, plus Volkner's team must have needed some treatment after the battle as well as it being the end of the day when Ash departed.
    Last edited by Sakuragi; 3rd June 2010 at 12:58 PM.

I found the gym battle to be quite rushed. Electivire could have been a major threat but Pikachu took it out with not much problem. Then Jolteon was like the fastest K.O. in Sinnoh(as far as gym battle are concerned). And Luxray, the Pokemon who was supposed to be the strongest didn't lasted too long. I know that its hard to stop that overpowered Blaze but still overall the gym battle was rushed. They should have dne the same three on three battle in two episodes. Overall it was second best battle of Sinnoh.

At least Pikachu broke its Electa-line duck, finally.

Third best in my opinion, Maylene and Fantina just had that little more 'umph' going for them... Though I didn't think that this one disappointed me greatly...

In my opinion Luxray was taking the upperpaw/fang the moment it was sent in and only faced opposition when Infernape went uber blaze.. and well.. yeah no stopping that monkey then... and it wasn't as if it was plot that Infernape couldn't punch a dent in it, using stuff like Double Team has been known to throw Ash of every once in a while (when he's not using the 'feel where the opponent is with your eyes closed'-strategy..)
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Only good thing from this is Pikachu finally winning against an Electa. I was getting worried there for a second.

I also liked Fantina battle but there were two many combos thrown in it from both sides. the best part was when Chimmy threw the balloon on ground. Thats what I call epic never to be forgotten scene. But clearly no one was able to top Maylene's battle maybe because of all Lucario action and the swift swim and first tie gym battle.
    As for this battle, I wanted to see more Jolteon action. I thought it would be powerful cause it was a replacement to Raichu but guess what it was one of the weakest gym leader Pokemon. They mostly make OU Pokemon look weak in Anime while UU or NU Pokemon like Luxray and Ramparados to be strong.
    I hope we see more eeveelution action in league specially from Espeon and Vaporeon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    At least Pikachu broke its Electa-line duck, finally.
    This is one of the things I like in this episode. like other things:

-Jolteon actually gave a good fight
    -The battle was all along the episode
    -Pikachu has never beaten one of the Elekid-line, now it did

Didn't like:
    -Ash is using again a power failure to win a battle
    -Torterra didn't show at the end
    -Infernape beat Luxray, too bad Pikachu didn't
    -I think the Blaze issue should've ended in this episode, but I'm not so sure if it will return
    -Where's Raichu?
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Wait! No Raichu? What the hell?

Atleast no Pikachu vs. Raichu showdown. But i thought Electivire was Volkner's last pokemon. Meaning Pikachu had the chance to star. But atleast it defeated an Elekid family member for the first time!

And i told you so! Jasmine will reappear after the Gym Battle!
    Formerly, Chariking

Great episode, excellent to see Ash finally has all eight Sinnoh badges. I always like these all-battle episodes, if only there weren't so many Team Rocket breaks though, not like they did anything important. Not quite sure I like that blackout giving Infernape a moment to recover, but oh well, it was already in Blaze mode anyway by that point, and everyone was staring after that. And I really hope that's the end of the Blaze control issues, but nice to see that Ash didn't have to hug it or anything, it has just gotten the hang of its power. Though the Gym sure took a beating, with how many times Pokemon or attacks wrecked the walls and ceiling. And heh, looks like Volkner will be busy for a long while with that long long of trainers.

Sad to see Torterra go down without a win, although at least it looked cool for a minute or two. And yay, Pikachu finally beat an Ele-something! Even if that annoying Motor Drive ability kicked in again, but at least Static countered that. And wow, even before Blaze, Infernape took out Jolteon fast. I'm kind of sad Raichu didn't fight, especially with the parallels between Volkner and Ash with their strong bonds to Raichu/Pikachu, but guess we don't really need another Pikachu vs. Raichu fight (Sinnoh already did that once, but might've been nice if they had remembered that tail tangle move).

So, after this onto the Pokemon League. Oh yeah, glad to see Flint was still there, wasn't sure if they would have him show up again. So that's the last of Sinnoh's mostly good Gym battles, hope the League turns out pretty good as well.

jeez what a chaotic fight, just the kinda i like^^

I feel bad for Torterra, none of it's attacks worked at all and it got ko'ed in one strike, should it have evolved i wonder?

Pikachu's Static messing up Electrivire after it's speed was boosted made me laugh, and Pikachu finally beat an Electabuzz line member by itself congrats Pika.

I've got one thing to say about Infernape vs Jolteon, Falcon Punch to the Ceiling, ouch.

Pikachu vs Luxray, geez Pikachu when did you become so psycotic with iron tail? First you go for Onix's throat and now Luxray's?

Of course nothing beats what Infernape did after Blaze kicked in, tore the place apart..Ripped Luxray a new one with two Falcon Punches and I thought the Flame Wheel it used to beat Candice's Abamasnow was crazy, this was one was even friggen bigger. lol and nice Fake out indeed looks like Infernape does have Blaze under control after all.

I liked this gym battle alot, it's a shame that Torterra got knocked out so quickly but the rest of the fight was funny and or awsome 9/10 from me, 1 point off for what happened to Torterra.

...sigh...

I was hoping that none of Ash's pokemon would go down without a win, but I guess that's too much to hope for. Couldn't they have just given Torterra a win against Jolteon?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    This battle doesn't get my vote for best battle of Sinnoh. The battle was decent. To me, it felt like Electrivire was like a Normal Type, with the Fire/Ice Punch thing. They could have used Ambipom instead. The Jolteon VS Infernape was a huge joke! One punch, your dead! And then Infernape gets a little owned by Luxray, to pull out an amazing comeback. If Pikachu didn't get this win over Electrivire, then this episode would be in the same league as Wake, Byron, Candice to me. I've lost my faith in you producers.

Things I liked:

- Pikachu defeating Electrivire pretty much all alone. Pikachu Love <333!
    - Good use of music. Some old Johto-music is always good.

Things I didn't like:

- Jolteon losing to Infernape. You could have used Pikachu for that one.
    - Infernape goes from beaten up monkey, to "I own your ass!".
    - Does anybody found it a little weird that Infernape's Mach Punch did so much damage? It's not like they got powered up by Blaze.
    - Torterra losing fast, and I mean fast!
    - Pikachu spamming Iron Tail. It needs some new moves, like Signal Beam, Reversal or Brick Break.
    - Annoyned by the Sinnoh Music. Something old please!

So technically, the episode was above average, but only because of Pikachu beating Electrivire, even though Pikachu used one attack to damage it.

And does anybody find it weird that Infernape used Dig, to make such a small hole? It is just so weird, you know what I'm saying? It should have been bigger!

Episode Rating: 6/10, with the Dig and the hole thing lowering it down by one point. Yeah, it did matter!
    Haven't watched the episode yet, so can't really comment. But if I may make one point here...Jolteon has a very low defense stat whereas Infernape has a high attack stat, so by game data it kinda make sense that Infernape took out Jolteon in one attack.

I like the fact you are fussing about the size of the hole Infernape made with dig. This is the kind of thing that I love to fuss about when it comes to the anime.
    Last edited by shac; 3rd June 2010 at 5:21 PM.

I didn't liked the fact that Infernape starred again in this gym battle, Pikachu should've been the star.
    FEED

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast