Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World! (647)

I think that Luxray had Intimidate...it scared Pikachu when it bit it's Iron Tail with Thunder Fang & then Ash ordered something to Pikachu but Pikachu didn't move cuz it was scared

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I enjoyed the episode.
    I liked the animation.
    Pikachu getting to kick butt.
    Ash monkey pokemon finally learning that move and not attacking Ash.
    Dawn cheering Ash on was cute.

Over all, fun episode. Can't wait for the league YAY!
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Wow Infernape's blaze is really something else.The sinnoh league is gonna be sooo exciting.terrific gym battle best i have ever seen

Watched the episode.

Things I did not like: Terra getting pawn'd like that. Also it has shrunk in size. At the final rc-ice-punch collision scene it looked barely bigger than Grotle.
    Luxray's x-ray vision not explored. There were a few times it could have been done - light's going off, attack collision smoke, underground monkey...

Things I liked: Discharge's animation.
    Attack compromises - fire-punch to counter grass attacks, iron-tail to counter ice-attacks. This could be the next big strategy in the games, or at least in the anime battles.
    Pika pawns Electrivire.
    Super-balze monkey action - oh, that flame-wheel was epic. Can't wait for Paul to see that.
    Nice battle!

I was hoping for a 4 vs 4 battle with Gible and Raichu, maybe Gible can appear during the league...

I liked how the whole episode was pretty much dedicated to the battle, we had no TR interruption, causing the battle to go smoothly. This only happens to important battles...

This episode was pretty good, I enjoyed it. The Electivire vs Torterra battle could have lasted a little longer, I felt like it was kinda rushed, but not as rushed as the Jolteon vs Infernape match, that thing got destroyed. Infernape vs Luxray was pretty good, but I felt like it could have been better. When Infernape activated Blaze and started walking towards Ash, I thought he was going to go ape sh*t on him, but luckily he's learned how to control it which is great and will definitely help Ash in the league. I was actually surprised that Volkner didn't use his Raichu, considering it's his oldest pokemon, I would have liked to see it in action (but not against Pikachu). Overall, this episode was good but I felt like the pacing of the battles could have gone a little better.

Ep Pics are up. Sorry for the delay

At least it;s finally nice to see that Ash has gotten is last badge and everything.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    Wait! No Raichu? What the hell?

Atleast no Pikachu vs. Raichu showdown. But i thought Electivire was Volkner's last pokemon. Meaning Pikachu had the chance to star. But atleast it defeated an Elekid family member for the first time!

And i told you so! Jasmine will reappear after the Gym Battle!
    Seems like they threw you through a loop! Isn't nice not having such a cliched match-up?

What a crazy fight. The pacing sucked, but those attacks looked like they hurt. That Gym arena got torn to pieces (except after Torterra's Rock Climb, when it politely sunk back into the ground). But the floor, the ceiling, even the walls got busted. No place was safe!

Also, Ash digs a little Monkey Love it would seem.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

That was a great final gym battle, although it didn't really feel as far up there with the 8th badges of Johto and Hoenn. It kinda sucks though that Torterra didn't even get a single victory in the gym even though type wise, he had the advantage. He didn't even get to be in the end badge pose.

I was kinda disappointed that Volkner didn't use his Raichu though in the battle despite it having been hyped up as his partner pokemon. In fact even stranger was that it was literally nowhere to be seen the entire episode. But I gotta say, the end of the battle was great how Infernape walked over to Ash, Ash wouldn't budge and then Infernape nods to Ash and "Greatest Everyday" starts playing. Hopefully this marks that Infernape has mastered its Blaze, though its convenient how when they mentioned the past times Blaze happened, they failed to remember the one time during the full battle between Ash and Paul that he didn't go out of control.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

It looks like Sunyshore Gym got some nice instant-repair floors and walls and ceilings since the Sunyshore Tower incident. Seriously, these gyms better have some darn good insurance after all the damage that gets done to them.

This battle was pretty bland until Luxray was summoned. I didn't care for Dr. Electivire's repetitive attack pattern, and Jolteon and Torterra could have benefited from maybe a bit more screentime (although if they didn't have enough time for those two, what makes you people believe they could have crammed Raichu into this thing?), but the battle really took an upswing at Pikachu vs. Luxray. Like others, I find it likely that this marks the end of Infernape's Blaze issues, which is good since we haven't heard the end of it since Paul's flashback in the Hearthome tag battle, nearly 130 episodes ago.

This wasn't quite as good as Clair's or Juan's battles, although I think Maylene was the only gym battle this saga that did hold a candle to those. Over time it gets harder to "wow" me with a gym or contest battle, so this - at bare minimum - at least got the job done.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Good battle but the pacing ruined it. It was rushed, I didn't quite have time to capture what was happening.

Ash called Torterra and before I could say BOOYA!!! it was gone. Not that I ever say BOOYA !!! in real life.

Same with Jolteon. "Oh my goodness it's Jol... Wait, where did it go!?!"

Congrats to Pikachu, about time you defeated a member of the Elekid family.

I loved how Infernape hugged Ash. It was a really nice moment to see. It almost felt like Infernape was thanking Ash for training him to master Blaze.

If that wasn't the best moment so far in Sinnoh I don't have a clue what is. The whole Blaze thing was handled perfectly in my opinion. A really touching moment between Ash and Infernape.

And WOW! What a Flame Wheel! Poor Paul I say...

Imagine how strong some of the more advanced Fire attacks will be with that Blaze.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

It was great to see Pikachu smack down Electivire I mean really great. I wish Torterra got at least one win but oh well. Infernape was so cool that I don't even care that it hogged the gym battle win. Blaze on for Infernape, the monkey is ready to beat down it's opponent's at the league.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    .This battle was pretty bland until Luxray was summoned. I didn't care for Dr. Electivire's repetitive attack pattern, and Jolteon and Torterra could have benefited from maybe a bit more screentime (although if they didn't have enough time for those two, what makes you people believe they could have crammed Raichu into this thing?), but the battle really took an upswing at Pikachu vs. Luxray.
    To each thier own it seems, I rather enjoyed watching Pikachu and Electrivire fight because like Jaun's gym battle he accidently gave the opponent a helping hand, but then quickly rectified it with Static, and I loved watching the big pokemon trip over itself trying to strike Pikachu. Funny enough all Electrivire did was use Fire and Ice Punch, kinda sad it didn't bust out any electrical moves.

This wasn't quite as good as Clair's or Juan's battles, although I think Maylene was the only gym battle this saga that did hold a candle to those.
    I disagree to an extent, Clair was definitely handled better, Jaun on the other hand I always saw as rediculious. I mean ok sure the battle format of the gym was ok and Swellow stood out more than the others but what happened to Grovyle was rather pathetic (almost as pathetic as what happened to Torterra...coincidence?) and i'm inclined to believe Pikachu paralyzing Electrivire and Iron Tailing it in the face for the kill more believable than lifting a water pokemon that is ten times it size with those tiny arms and being able to throw it over it's head into water and then suddenly ko it after it kept healing itself repeatedly.

My first impresssion was that this gym battle was not that good. But you know, the more I watch it, the more I like it. Luxray was pretty cool. And the lights turning off so that Infernape could light up the room was a neat touch.

I'm glad Raichu was not used, since Volkner and Flint are supposed to be/have been rivals. If Flint's Infernape can tear apart Ash's team, then Raichu should have comparable power. I'm sure that's not the reason why Raichu was not used, but it makes things a little more believable for me.

What a good battle. Not quite worth the wait but nothing would have been: it was as good as I could have realistically hoped.

And man, I love the orchestral Sinnoh Gym Leader remix thing. Played when Infernape was first battling Luxray, brilliant and fit really well. Think I heard GSC rival music as well. Really great music, good ep.

Oh yeah and gif request: DAT SMILE (from Infernape) Almost as good as Jack Bauer's in the 24 finale. It's like "uh-oh, stuff is going to get burned now".
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 4th June 2010 at 5:52 AM.

Well at least something came out of Infernape starring again. It learned to control Blaze. Now hopefully that's the end of it until Ash vs Paul. It's official up to Johto-era Charizard in the annoyingness meter. I don't begrudge Infernape this gym, I just wish Staraptor or someone got to star against Candice rather than Chimchar. It got two wins in all four of Ash's previous gym battles and starred in three of them.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

At least the D/P saga let Pikachu beat some form of Elekid. Hope we'll see him beat an Electabuzz.
    Last edited by uber gon; 4th June 2010 at 7:27 AM.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Dawn in her cheerleader outfit. When was the last time we saw that?

Man, Torterra is pwned terribly. Though he scored a hit even if it didn't seem to hurt Electivire much. Well, they did acknowledge that it's part ground-type here from the dialogue. But hey, we get to see him again, right?

Is Ice Punch and Fire Punch the only moves it has? Where's the good ol' Thunderpunch?

Ah, Static. Then Iron Tail. Just like how Norman's Vigorath was defeated.

And Infernape makes short work of Jolteon.

Infernape still knows Dig? Dang. I can't remember the time when Ash ever have two Pokemon on his team that knows the same moves.

Oh! You know what that means when the anime's opening plays! It's time to kick butt!

Probably not the best gym battle there is but it's still great to watch.

Too bad Gible wasn't used. It would have been nice to see him be utilized. Hopefully he will be in the league

It was nice seeing Motor Drive being used. I laughed so hard watching Electivire running around in the background.
    Currently Doing:
    | Platinum Nuzlocke |
    | YouTube |

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    Hopefully this marks that Infernape has mastered its Blaze, though its convenient how when they mentioned the past times Blaze happened, they failed to remember the one time during the full battle between Ash and Paul that he didn't go out of control.
    Monferno didn't activated Blaze in full battle, it was its battle spirit to keep fighting.

On Topic: Two things I hated about this battle:
    1. Ash was going to use Torterra(as he was holding the Pokeball since the start) no matter what Pokemon Volkner chooses.
    2. Torterra used two times in a row. Thats coming from a trainers whose two Pokemon had Overheat as a move. He should have known that it works best first time.

There is more to this episode than catches the eyes.
    Now we know what the trust thing that Ash has been saying all the Sinnoh. Infernape is coming towards him in blazing fury but he has faith in the ape and stands there knowing that all his training has worked at last. I would have liked to see Paul in here but maybe he will learn his lesson in the league.
    Infernape and Ash are nearly of same size.
    One thing to notice in last four gyms: Chimmy\Infernape gets a win then gym leader chooses a powerful Pokemon so Ash recalls the monkey but the replacement Pokemon also goes down making way for the ape to come back in battle to beat the same Pokemon.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Well. Still a bit disappointed about Torterra, but Pikachu beating one of the Electabuzz line, Jolteon getting roofed (XD) and Infernape not going out of control saved it for me. Again, it was annoying that Infernape starred and got 2 kills again, but actually watching the battle made it ok... Anyone else think that Pikachu's loss against Luxray was a bit forced? It hit it with like 3 Iron Tails before it blocks with one Thunder Fang last minute. I'll agree with the Discharge KO, but it seems like Thunder Fang shouldn't have matched Iron Tail in those circumstances.

Also, TR saved Infernape! If they hadn't turned out the lights then he probably would have been KO'd by Thunderfang when it was on the floor.

Overall, I'd put this battle at third of the saga, after Maylene then Roark. IMO it's also better than against Juan.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

In all but three of the Sinnoh gym battles someone's lost without getting a single win.

Maylene: Chimchar
    Fantina: Pikachu
    Byron: Buizel
    Candice: Gliscor
    Volkner: Torterra

At least they're being fair about it. It wasn't the same pokemon twice. The only ones that didn't suffer this fate is the badass bird and Aipom(even in Dawn's gym battle.) Gible doesn't count for obvious reasons.

I don't get why people are whining about the overuse of Pikachu's Iron Tail. Against Electivire, electric attacks would have been a hindrance if anything.

From the looks of things, the Sinnoh League is gonna be a OHKO-fest just like the previous two. Ash vs Gary and Ash vs Katie were the biggest offenders.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast