Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 160

Thread: Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    no Elite Four member or Champion, has unevolved Pokemon.
    If we talk about games then I remember Lance using Dragonair and Drake using Shelgon.

    As for Infernape learning Flare Blitz, there are only two better options that are Close Combat and Blast Burn. So learning Flare Blitz isnt the worst thing happening though I prefer Close Combat cause it makes ape look more bad*ss.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

  2. #27

    Default

    I'm very disapointed with this episode.
    Brock and Kenny make me sad. Poor saps that can't get love.
    Wonder what Brock said that gave Kenny a push to win?
    What? Was it you'll end up like me soon, Kenny No!!! The Horrors!!!
    It was left in the opean of what Dawn will do, but I think we all sadly know.
    I'll be shocked if she ends up staying.
    Over all, a disapointing episode. Next weeks episode looks like fun though.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CA,US
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Well, Buizel's embarrassing loss was due to Ash's compulsion to mimic Oba's fighting style despite their inexperience. I would not blame on Buizel too much. But I wonder if we'll really see Oba challenging Sirona as Oba said he decided to challenge her soon.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    If we talk about games then I remember Lance using Dragonair and Drake using Shelgon.
    Even in the anime, Ash fought Drake's Shelgon with Pikachu once.

    I'm not surprised anymore to see Ash losing against trainers he should school. Plus that Monferno/Chimchar error proves that writers have no real plotline to follow, excepts for badges and contests.. The anime is more now like a "Introduce a Pokémon, TR appear and Ash & cie will blast them off with the help of the newly introduced Pkmn.."
    Platinum FC : 5284 - 9445 - 0765
    X Version FC : 3368 - 1989 - 0029 (Safari Zone: Bug - Beautifly / Butterfree /..)

        Spoiler:- Pokémon: Twisted Destinies (Upcoming FanFic):

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    To be honest I was disappointed by this episode. It seems that all the episodes where Kenny appears aren't my faves...

    Random : PokéRadar


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    518

    Default

    so kenny left for where?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    It looks like Kenny will still try out contests in Sinnoh.

    As we have seen in the episode, he is not pleased at all that Dawn just left him hanging. His dispute with Ash is not really settled either, because he was hating on all the whole episode. Dawn still wants to travel with Ash, she did not mention anything else about catching up travel with Kenny.

    This episode was made to cut off all ties from the old rivalry/childhood thing. Now Dawn can begin a new journey in without of baggage like Kenny and Pikari.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Impel Down
    Posts
    3,001

    Default

    Kenny is off to Johto. Thats why Jasmine was there.

    Very good episode in my opinion. Flint is starting to become an important character now. He's teaching Ash alot of things now, although Ash still lost while using Flint's style.

    Dawn decides she will stay with Ash. Even though Kenny won, she still refused his offer because she wanted to stay with Ash. Its really funny how jealous he was in the beginning. It was so obvious.
    My deviantArt




    U mad bro?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    It looks like Kenny will still try out contests in Sinnoh.

    As we have seen in the episode, he is not pleased at all that Dawn just left him hanging. His dispute with Ash is not really settled either, because he was hating on all the whole episode. Dawn still wants to travel with Ash, she did not mention anything else about catching up travel with Kenny.

    This episode was made to cut off all ties from the old rivalry/childhood thing. Now Dawn can begin a new journey in without of baggage like Kenny and Pikari.
    Em Kenny is just finished trying out contests in Sinnoh :S

    I don't know about translations but from what i saw of the episode but Kenny finished up pretty happy because of what Dawn said at the end with the letter

    You did see the episode right?


    Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!


    I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Inside your mother
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Well, people are really upset with the one last hurrah win, aren't they? I don't get Buizel? One moment he's a powerhouse who wins anything then he's like "6:00PM, well Infernape IT'S YOUR SHIFT!!" Then he just stops caring bout fights and just fails. Damn if only if they had Gliscor, then they could've used her as a punching bat.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BM14murph View Post
    Em Kenny is just finished trying out contests in Sinnoh :S

    I don't know about translations but from what i saw of the episode but Kenny finished up pretty happy because of what Dawn said at the end with the letter

    You did see the episode right?
    I would have expected him to go with Jasmine, they seem to go different ways. Either way there are many other places in Sinnoh with contest competitions. He can try the Sinnoh GF because he didnt even make it past the appeals. He should at least do that before heading to another region.

    Dawn said that there is no point in traveling together, as coordinators they see each other here and there (just like they found Jasmine). Remember, Kenny was asking for her to travel with him.

    He was upset Dawn chose Ash over him, even thought the condition was that Dawn was obligated to go to him if he won. He only got happy when Dawn gave him some encouragement, its called sportsmanship. Overall, Dawn feels zero connection to Kenny, at least not the same emotion she has for Ash.
    Last edited by Teshub; 10th June 2010 at 7:26 PM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,764

    Default

    Yeah, not knowing the language for an episode likes this sucks. What did Jasmine say to Dawn, what did the letter to Kenny say?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    And does this episode prove that Dawn isn't a lesbian?
    one word - bisexual

  14. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Yeah, not knowing the language for an episode likes this sucks. What did Jasmine say to Dawn, what did the letter to Kenny say?
    Letter said she's just friends with Kenny and they'll most likely meet up again in the Grand Festival as they did last time. Jasmine tolled Dawn that she can choose her own path I think from what I heard.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fourrage Road
    Posts
    2,667

    Default

    I'm just wondering if this will give any hints as to who is or isn't joining Ash in Issuh?

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Now, will Zoey try to challenge Ash to win Dawn over?

    Once again, the anime proves this sort of thing is ineffective. You have to do it like Drew, be smooth and base it around your connection to pokemon. Not jealously. Anyway Kenny was going into it already defeated, expecting Dawn to still go with Ash, and he was right.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    ...I'm confused...What was the letter about?
    XDD The way she looked at the lighthouse I was like...OMG SHE'S GOING TO JOHTO lol Then...woops never mind! This would've been better w/ subtitles...
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    9

    Default

    can someone post a link, where you guys saw the episode if its out?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    ^ Go onto Youtube and type in DP 180

    ...Did anyone else find this episode...depressing? It seemed sad with the slow music :/

    EDIT: ...And the fact that Dawn looked up Steelix w/ her Pokedex...I'm Steelixed out @.@
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    ...I'm confused...What was the letter about?
    XDD The way she looked at the lighthouse I was like...OMG SHE'S GOING TO JOHTO lol Then...woops never mind! This would've been better w/ subtitles...
    It was Dawn's kind way of telling Kenny she does not want to travel with him. She said...I will continue traveling with Ash...we coordinators see each other in competitions anyway, so its fine...and you were kind of cool in the battle.

    It is interesting, because the first thing Dawn said to Kenny about Ash was that he was so cool battling the gym leader. Either way, Dawn has no made any decisions of what to do after the League, and she is not following Kenny now or later.

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Now, will Zoey try to challenge Ash to win Dawn over?

    Once again, the anime proves this sort of thing is ineffective. You have to do it like Drew, be smooth and base it around your connection to pokemon. Not jealously. Anyway Kenny was going into it already defeated, expecting Dawn to still go with Ash, and he was right.
    Awe man, I'd LOL If after the league Zoey challanged Ash for Dawn.
    But, I think Conways next since he's in the league and is Dawn's stalker.
    Yah, never let jealousy get the better of you. Matter of fact, never challange a guy over a girl in battle, it will hurt yahXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    It was Dawn's kind way of telling Kenny she does not want to travel with him. She said...I will continue traveling with Ash...we coordinators see each other in competitions anyway, so its fine...and you were kind of cool in the battle.

    It is interesting, because the first thing Dawn said to Kenny about Ash was that he was so cool battling the gym leader. Either way, Dawn has no made any decisions of what to do after the League, and she is not following Kenny now or later.
    I'd lol if this made Kenny become a regular trainer XD jk jk But the thing with Dawn in Johto, I made more of the point because there is a lighthouse in Johto ^^; (not to mention w/ Jasmine, but that because of games and HG/SS) Really though...this episode didn't point out anything shippy between Ash and Dawn, just friendship really...:/ (besides one-sided penguinshipping)
    I'd laugh if Dawn goes to Johto to advertise DP to all of the Johto-nians out there XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Shakuras
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Oh, so she said that someday she will meet him again, well that's another hint towards her departure, it's clear that Dawn is off to Johto after League, if she want's to see him again someday, because Isshu is to far away, and we know that Kenny is not heading to Isshu.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PePer View Post
    Oh, so she said that someday she will meet him again, well that's another hint towards her departure, it's clear that Dawn is off to Johto after League, if she want's to see him again someday, because Isshu is to far away, and we know that Kenny is not heading to Isshu.
    This is the actual translation to the letter.

    ...Im sorry. After all, I want to support Ash when he challanges the Sinnoh League.
    I intend to decide my future goal after that.
    ...However, only this can be said clearly.
    My dream is to become a top coordinator.
    I don't know when it will happen, but it will surely come true.
    People who have the same goal can surely meet somewhere.
    It's never good when a girl tells you something starting with "sorry".
    She means they can see each other in contests, the same way they met May. But she does not want to travel together with him, that is only reserved for Ash and her wish to support him at all costs. Dawn's date is still open until the final episodes, when will Ash get his chance? We already had Zoey for Snowpoint, then Kenny for wherever it is he is going.

  25. #50

    Default

    Well, maybe she means some time in the future.
    Doesn't have to mean in a couple of months or some thing.
    I'd like to say, while there wasn't really any thing shippy between DawnxAsh, the BunaryxPikachu storyline was supposed to compare. So maybe Dawn likes Ash too?
    And besides, this was suppsed to really be a closer to Kenny's storyline now.
    She said they were just friends in the letter, closing Penguineshipping in the end.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •