Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

OK I surrender. She chose Ash over Punching bag, cool.

Now I just want to know if there are contests in Isshu, well region is far away from current locations we know, people in Isshu might be unfamiliar with contests, because Isshu might the be paradise of other stuff.

Well, contests is very popular still.
    I can't see them getting rid of them.
    Maybe have some thing else along side contests.
    Course, it'd be kind of hard to have three quests with three main characters.
    Than if Brock does come, he'd be in the background more so this time LOL.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    This is the actual translation to the letter.

It's never good when a girl tells you something starting with "sorry".
    She means they can see each other in contests, the same way they met May. But she does not want to travel together with him, that is only reserved for Ash and her wish to support him at all costs. Dawn's date is still open until the final episodes, when will Ash get his chance? We already had Zoey for Snowpoint, then Kenny for wherever it is he is going.
    If that letter told him she intended to see him in contests, wouldn't that mean she is inevitably going to whatever region he is going to, be it as his companion or rival? Meaning:

There's your confirmation she's not going with Ash to Isshu.

I'm not quite sure who to blame the battle on, Ash or Buizel. For one thing, Ash knew that Kenny would be going with Empoleon, so if he was really serious, he would have gone with Pikachu or Infernape or even Torterra. After comparing their previous appearances, I'd come to the conclusion that Buizel was about the same power level as Empoleon, but I was apparently wrong. That poor little weasel got slaughtered. Hopefully he'll do better in the League.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm16 View Post
    I must say this guy is wrong.....we do an an Elite Four Member currently with an unevolved Pokemon....remember Aaron's Skorupi? anyways I liked the episode all Flint reminds me of is kinda like Ash in a way.
    Except that doesn't matter since he has a Drapion (I'll explain later)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile lover View Post
    If we talk about games then I remember Lance using Dragonair and Drake using Shelgon.
    The problem is Drake and Lance both had a Salamence and Dragonite respectively. The Shelgon and Dragonair's don't count just like Aaron's Skorupi because they are the same evolved line of their fully evolved forms.

What I meant is no E4 member nor Champion has a true unevolved form. They always have the fully evolved form somewhere on them. Like let's create a dragon Pokemon line right now: Dragini evolves into Dragana which evolves into Dragoness. No E4 member nor Champion would only have Dragana they would likely have Dragoness and if and only if they specialized in dragons and the choice was limited would they choose Dragana.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Meh...The letter's cute. Dawn makes it clear she wants to follow her dreams/goals. I can't help but laugh at the part where Brock decides to help Kenny (I half expected him to take out the golden scarf thing he gave to Butterfree XD)
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Seoul View Post
    If that letter told him she intended to see him in contests, wouldn't that mean she is inevitably going to whatever region he is going to, be it as his companion or rival? Meaning:

There's your confirmation she's not going with Ash to Isshu.
    Actually like I said before, it could mean shey'll be seeing him in later on in the future as again rivals in different Grand Festivals. As it was, Kenny rarley appeared in this series.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Except that doesn't matter since he has a Drapion (I'll explain later)

The problem is Drake and Lance both had a Salamence and Dragonite respectively. The Shelgon and Dragonair's don't count just like Aaron's Skorupi because they are the same evolved line of their fully evolved forms.

What I meant is no E4 member nor Champion has a true unevolved form. They always have the fully evolved form somewhere on them. Like let's create a dragon Pokemon line right now: Dragini evolves into Dragana which evolves into Dragoness. No E4 member nor Champion would only have Dragana they would likely have Dragoness and if and only if they specialized in dragons and the choice was limited would they choose Dragana.
    Wow, you sure showed those guys. You're right, it's only acceptable for a champion or E4 member to have an unevolved pokemon if they also have the final form of that pokemon. No way can the writers get away with giving Flint a Chimchar, at least not until they confirm that he also has an Infernape. What's with those writers; come on, guys, before you give Flint a Chimchar you need to give him an Infernape... oh wait, never mind.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

KENNY LEAVE AND NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN.
    i'm sorry but I hate that kid, lol ..and him trying to make moves/all his stupid showing off to Dawn ticks me off even more.

How did Ash lose to Kenny ..like seriously? What kind of bull is that? I mean I'm not too big of a fan of Ash either, but ..HE SHOULD BEAT KENNY.

Zoey, please come and get your girl. Hurry!

lol shipping.

The only thing Dawn says its possible they can see each other again since they are both coordinators. Unfortunately for Kenny, he has not given the exact location he will go to. I was expecting him to go to Johto. However, it looks like he will just move around in Sinnoh again.

Of course, what Dawn is bringing him back to reality. She just doesn't want to be his travel partner, period. But they can find each other just like all other coordinators in their quest to win contests. Big deal.

The majority of the episode was Kenny angry that Ash and Dawn are so close. Dawn basically said to him, "its true, but we can still be friends." This character's role is to be a loser.
    Last edited by Teshub; 10th June 2010 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    I'm not quite sure who to blame the battle on, Ash or Buizel. For one thing, Ash knew that Kenny would be going with Empoleon, so if he was really serious, he would have gone with Pikachu or Infernape or even Torterra. After comparing their previous appearances, I'd come to the conclusion that Buizel was about the same power level as Empoleon, but I was apparently wrong. That poor little weasel got slaughtered. Hopefully he'll do better in the League.
    Well, the battle seemed to stem from the night training (despite the fact that I can't make heads or tails of what they're saying). After Ash was training Buizel, Buizel's Sonicboom was aimed at Empoleon by accident, and that set the two up for the eventual battle. If it weren't for that training, we might have seen some different (better) battle.

I'm wondering what the Infernape thing was. Ash sent out his to watch Flint's, which could be a foreshadow of Flare Blitz? Personally I'm for Blast Burn, but I guess Flare Blitz couldn't hurt either.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

why did Flint talk about Cynthia all time? Is he going to challange here??

when can I get the music that played when Jasmine sent out Steelix?

Ha ha, wow, way to lose to a coordinator again Ash. Good luck in the Sinnoh league. FD

And we continue to have the E4 shoved in our face even though the whole foreshadowing thing will be a waste cause Ash will never have the chance to fight them in an important battle.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

From reading your posts Teshub (and not just in here) you're almost - or are - making it sound like Hikari doesn't care for Kengo as a friend. If that's so then why was Hikari very happy to see Kengo in the beginning of this episode? And she was also happy when Kengo mentioned something about the Grand Festival (I'm guessing he said he watched Hikari's final battle). That shows she still thinks of Kengo as her friend despite the amount of times he has teased her.

And btw I am not into shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    Ha ha, wow, way to lose to a coordinator again Ash. Good luck in the Sinnoh league. FD
    don't forget, Ash always uses his worst and untrained pokemon vs. coordinator. Taillw, Aipom and Buizel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    From reading your posts Teshub (and not just in here) you're almost - or are - making it sound like Hikari doesn't care for Kengo as a friend. If that's so then why was Hikari very happy to see Kengo in the beginning of this episode? And she was also happy when Kengo mentioned something about the Grand Festival (I'm guessing he said he watched Hikari's final battle). That shows she still thinks of Kengo as her friend despite the amount of times he has teased her.
    Dawn is a kind and caring person. She felt bad for Kenny when he failed at the appeals. Kenny can be considered a friend of hers.

The point is that some people have a special place compared to others. When it comes to Dawn, this person is not Kenny. The whole episode Kenny really gave off a negative vibe when he saw how naturally Ash and Dawn interacted and how close their relationship was. They are like best friends or even special friends.

This show uses basic morals, ie. what is right and wong. There is nothing more basic than types of friendships.

So Dawn said no to traveling with Kenny even after the Sinnoh League. Thank you!
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    Ha ha, wow, way to lose to a coordinator again Ash. Good luck in the Sinnoh league. FD.
    They actually gave a reason he lost. He was trying to imitate Flints battling style. It didn't help that he used one of his weaker Pokemon, against a Coordinators star again either. It was plot, Kenny isn't better than Ash.

Poor Kenny, i'm glad he won for once! If he lost he would look even more lame.

Who knows, he might get the girl at the end.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

That's the thing, if he's making such bad mistakes this late in the arc and losing one-sided battles to amateur coordinators, he either needs to move back home and open a daycare center, or pray the DEM gods like him enough to make any decent progress in the league.

Hell, a while back his Monferno was owned badly by wild Pokemon. Yes said wild Pokemon were Metagross and Magnezone, but so what? Trainers in the league will probably be USING said Pokemon, and if his team is getting beat up this late in, he's doomed.

So my point still stands.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Ash lost to Kenny? Good luck in the league Ash! If Ash defeats Paul and not Kenny than i would just laugh my head off, like Ash can beat Bradon and not Paul. lol.

A poor Buizel, used as a punching bag again, the writers sure love to see the poor water type pokemon used over and over again without winning.

But im interested in what the letter says and where is Kenny going.

Ash trying to immitate Flint huh? Maybe he could pull off that stunt in the League, but atleast he could've put more of a fight against Kenny, if not win.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjewelz View Post
    Ash lost to Kenny? Good luck in the league Ash! If Ash defeats Paul and not Kenny than i would just laugh my head off, like Ash can beat Bradon and not Paul. lol.

A poor Buizel, used as a punching bag again, the writers sure love to see the poor water type pokemon used over and over again without winning.

But im interested in what the letter says and where is Kenny going.
    Quoting from last page, the letter said this

...Im sorry. After all, I want to support Ash when he challanges the Sinnoh League.
    I intend to decide my future goal after that.
    ...However, only this can be said clearly.
    My dream is to become a top coordinator.
    I don't know when it will happen, but it will surely come true.
    People who have the same goal can surely meet somewhere.
    As for the battle, that seemed to way to convenient of a setup for the battle if you ask me. I mean sure it was set up from the training the night before, but how exactly does a tree deflect a Sonicboom. If they wanted a training related accident, they should have gone for something a little more convincing. Shame as if it hadnt been for that deciding which pokemon we could have gotten a better battle like maybe even Torterra getting itself a win since it hasn't had one since evolving. Not to mention seeing 2 fully evolved starters going at each other is always fun to watch.

One thing I'd like to know though is, what exactly was Jasmine doing in Sinnoh. I know that they asked her about the gym, but I couldn't understand her response.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

Actually I know the reason why Lance used Dragonair in his team and why Drake used two Fylgon in his team. It was because they could only choose Pokemon from Hoenn dex. But when in third game(i.e Emerald) Hoenn dex was expanded and Kingdra was added to it Drake can replaced one Flygon with Kingdra. In case of Lance, there was only one Dragon type line in RB thats why he has to choose those Dragonite and Dragonair and some others who looked like Dragon i.e Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Wow, you sure showed those guys.
    Really?

On Topic: I hope they pass the punching bag role to someone else. I feel sorry for the weasel. Ever since the Hearthome he has been beaten badly by everyone.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Sigh... nothing expresses my feelings for this episode better than a good palm to the face.

Once again, Ash falls victim to the Strong As They Need To Be trope: after defeating Volkner - the strongest Gym Leader in all Sinnoh - in an awesome battle, the writers make him do some very stupid mistakes and have him lose to someone who shouldn't even be able to give him trouble in the very next episode. Really, are we expected to honestly believe that after all those battles, training and tests of characters, an experienced trainer would send a Buizel against an Empoleon? The mind boggles.

Just like his latest match with, ugh, Paul (sorry, I hate the guy): Ash wouldn't have lost so crushingly if he hadn't magically forgot all he had learned about Pokemon battles...

Still, I'm glad Dawn refused to go with Kenny. I mean, seriously, is she a prize or something?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast