Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port (648)

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    They so ruined Jasmine's voice. She sounded like a 7 year old girl in this episode. Tara Sands at least made her sound like a mature woman. Someone said she had the same VA as Dawn, Veronica Taylor I think is her name? Sigh. I didn't know Kenny's VA changed also. I thought something was up with how he sounded.
    Dawn's VA is Emily Jenness. I also agree that Kenny sounded really weird in this episode. Well, it matched his equally weird actions in this episode. He was pretty aggressive in trying to convince Dawn to go with his but I guess he likes her that much.

Okey, i really have to say that this serie has gone downhill... First Buizel get a** kicked again. What happened to that power house we saw in that episode where Ash first time meet Buizel. My first reaction on Buizel from that episode was ''Wow, that pokemon would be really big help for Ash's team'', but now Buizel gets beaten every single time... Second, TR position on the serie is so worthless nowadays. What happened to that ''good'' old TR? This is probably least Pokemon season i'm going to watch. Its actually pretty sad how the writers have manage to ruin this show
    Platinum Friend Code:
    Chris
    0216 3122 2392

Okey, i really have to say that this serie has gone downhill... First Buizel get a** kicked again. What happened to that power house we saw in that episode where Ash first time meet Buizel. My first reaction on Buizel from that episode was ''Wow, that pokemon would be really big help for Ash's team'', but now Buizel gets beaten every single time... Second, TR position on the serie is so worthless nowadays. What happened to that ''good'' old TR? This is probably least Pokemon season i'm going to watch. Its actually pretty sad how the writers have manage to ruin this show
    Platinum Friend Code:
    Chris
    0216 3122 2392

All I have to say about this episode is:

the penguinshipping, it buuuuuuurnnnnsss

Also, guess I wasn't the only one who noticed Jasmine's voice sounds almost exactly like Dawn's.

I didn't really see much of a resemblance. It seemed Jasmine sounded like a 7 year old girl. Listen to her "Ok, here's mine!" as the battle vs. Flint starts. It sounds like a girl in elementary school.

Whee, Penguinshipping! I can't remember the last time I saw any kind of shipping revolved around so blatantly in an episode, and I kind of liked it. Too bad it had to come at the cost of Buizel's ego.

Seriously, Buizel's better than that. It may not be as strong as Pikachu and Infernape, and probably Torterra and Gliscor as well, but it's undeniably a powerful Pokemon, and if the circumstances had been different, than I believe that it at least would have tied against Empoleon. But oh well, Kenny kind of needed a win there.

And at the end, I actually had to rewind the episode to even notice that Piplup was there. How often does that happen?
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Whee, Penguinshipping! I can't remember the last time I saw any kind of shipping revolved around so blatantly in an episode, and I kind of liked it. Too bad it had to come at the cost of Buizel's ego.

Seriously, Buizel's better than that. It may not be as strong as Pikachu and Infernape, and probably Torterra and Gliscor as well, but it's undeniably a powerful Pokemon, and if the circumstances had been different, than I believe that it at least would have tied against Empoleon. But oh well, Kenny kind of needed a win there.

And at the end, I actually had to rewind the episode to even notice that Piplup was there. How often does that happen?
    I couldn't believe it either!

This was a meh episode. It was annoying how Flint doesn't finish the story, or how they failed to mention Infernape's weakness to Steelix's Ground type.

Brock trying to help Kenny with Dawn was kinda weird.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I liked this episode more than I thought I would. It was great to see Jasmine, and interesting to hear about Flint more. The episode felt a bit more mature than it usually is. Kenny is actually in love with Dawn, and Dawn made a move. (Your handsome Kenny.) It also kind of felt like it was a final episode, because the ending was sad.

Kenny got a great goodbye. 8.5/10.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I liked this episode more than I thought I would. It was great to see Jasmine, and interesting to hear about Flint more. The episode felt a bit more mature than it usually is. Kenny is actually in love with Dawn, and Dawn made a move. (Your handsome Kenny.) It also kind of felt like it was a final episode, because the ending was sad.

Kenny got a great goodbye. 8.5/10.
    That was dubbed added, in the Japanese episode she said "you looked kind of cool beating Ash", but it was a lie because the moment Kenny won she looked distraught.

i agree with foxyman1167 what was with that cliffhanger flint not finishing his story, i thought it was a pretty good episode i like how jasmine and flint versed but i dont like so much how easily he beat her i know trainers beat gym leaders all the time and none stand a chance agaonst any of the E4 but still i would'e liked jasmine to have put up a better fight than that
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

Quote Originally Posted by darksteel460 View Post
    i agree with foxyman1167 what was with that cliffhanger flint not finishing his story, i thought it was a pretty good episode i like how jasmine and flint versed but i dont like so much how easily he beat her i know trainers beat gym leaders all the time and none stand a chance agaonst any of the E4 but still i would'e liked jasmine to have put up a better fight than that
    There's more to come on that Flint stuff. I won't say what if you haven't seen it.

Well, go back on for one more time and this account is still registered. Who knew?

Anyway, looking at all of the discussion got me bit again. I'm surprised that the postscript was just dub-modified, though that wouldn't change your point, Teshub. To which I respond with "she looked distraught because she was under the pressure of a Yes/No Ultimatium from Kenny."

I'm thinking Future!Lisa said it best back in a Season 1 Episode of The Simpsons (I'm working off of a far memory here...) (emphasis mine.)

It's not that I don't like you, Milhouse; it's just that I don't see myself marrying anybody.
    But that line about the source of her distress got me thinking...

Some guy takes interest in Ash's female traveling partner. Said guy and Ash go into battle with the other guy clearly fighting for the girl's favor and Ash clueless over his opponent's intentions. In fact, said guy puts said girl on the spot with a Yes/No Ultimatium the night before. Said guy wins the first round. Said female traveling partner, while acknowledging that the guy is attractive, (or lying through her teeth to get him off the trail,) travels with Ash even still.

We certainly haven't seen this before...

except that we have. Waaaaaaaaaay back in Season 2 (actually, the Season 3 Opener by American count).

That's right! This episode could just as well have been titled Dawn Meets Her Match. The two chief differences were that Rudi was a Gym Leader and Kenny was a Childhood Friend, and that Kenny had the good sense to keep it 1-on-1. (Otherwise, Ash would've turned it around.)

On the other hand, Rudi had the good sense to surrender in person. i.e. Misty didn't have to leave him a note.

But I can excuse Dawn for that... because, due to the fact he didn't stay through the entire GF to cheer for her, I see Kenny as a coward.

What he should've done to "prove" his crush on Dawn was to stay with Ash and Brock and cheer on Dawn throughout the battle rounds. (Dressing up as a cheerleader for the final vs. Zoey would be optional, but earn bonus points. It's up to Dawn as to whether those points would be positive or negative.) Then, after Dawn lets him down "gently", Zoey (herself having been just let down by Dawn declining her invitation) could swoop in and invite him to her victory party in Dawn's stead. (The reasons for declining Zoey's invitation and for refusing Kenny seem similar, except Zoey didn't put any pressure on Dawn.) At which point, we would have a very interesting addition to TVTropes' "Pair The Spares" page.

Ah well...

I wonder if the writers actually expect the viewers to believe that Kenny can beat Ash after all this time. They must have reallt felt sorry for him, so they made that "Flint Battling style" failure plot device to mak Kenny look competent.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 11th November 2010 at 1:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    That was dubbed added, in the Japanese episode she said "you looked kind of cool beating Ash", but it was a lie because the moment Kenny won she looked distraught.
    more like dub owned. i hate when they change the tone of a scene like that.

Finally, my laptop stopped being a ^%$%#. Now I can get this going.

- So, we're still in Sunyshore, & it's because Ash didn't make the ferry to the League first thing in the morning, so he & the gang are marooned here for at least another day. Wonderful...
    - Back outside, we see a familiar face: Kenny?? What the hell is he still doing here?!
    - Actually, he was discussing about contests with Jasmine from Olivine, of all people. She apparently has some free time to herself, as she had the insight to get someone else to watch her gym.
    - Seeing that she's here, Brock's Sex-O-Vision goes out of control... until Croagunk shows up & brings him down to his knees...
    - Even better, Flint of the lEEt four also drops in, & moments later, he challenges her to a fight.
    - This fight becomes a bit one-sided, seeing as to how gym leaders can't really match up to an lEEt four member.
    - Kenny then gets the bright idea to challenge Ash to a fight as well. Man, this place is starting to become a full-blown war-zone, hmm?
    - In this particular fight, it'll be Buizel vs Empoleon, & if Ash loses, Dawn has to leave with Kenny... or will she...?
    - The fight begins, & Ash tries to emulate Flint's bombastic performance, but since Empoleon is much stronger, it results in Buizel betting blown away.
    - Next day, & surprise! Dawn's not going with Kenny! It'd be really weird if she did accept.
    - & thus, they all seperate; Kenny goes out of this region altogether, Ash goes to the league, Flint goes off to challenge Cynthia, & Jasmine goes back to the gym.

The real killing point in this is Ash being schooled by a coordinator, of all people. For me, this is more than outrageous, it's downright @#$%ing humiliating! He needs, needs, needs to get his &%$ into gear yesterday. Otherwise, he's not going to go past the first round in the Sinnoh League...

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    The real killing point in this is Ash being schooled by a coordinator, of all people. For me, this is more than outrageous, it's downright @#$%ing humiliating! He needs, needs, needs to get his &%$ into gear yesterday. Otherwise, he's not going to go past the first round in the Sinnoh League...
    At least they had a reason for him losing. Besides Kenny needed a win BADLY. He's been the whipping boy of Sinnoh. Yes it's a stupid plot device with the flint battling style thing, but they had to make Kenny's win realistic.

As for the League...he does fine, don't worry. But I'm sure you already have a general idea of how the league went down anyway.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 11th November 2010 at 1:23 AM.

Believe it or not the plot of this episode has a resemblance to Beauty and the Beast. In the final battle, the Beast who is stronger than Gaston appears to have an advantage, but Gaston's cunning and perseverance enables him to defeat the Beast.
    Of course, Gaston was blinded by jealously because he realized Belle loved what he considers to be a monster. In the end Gaston is done over by his trick and Belle is shown to be at the Beast's side to the very end.
    I am sure there are plenty of similar themes like this in other literature, where the hero loses in a battle but the maiden chooses him over an antagonist and his scruples.

This episode was a decent one. I dont care that much that Ash lost to Kenny. Kenny was desprate to win that battle.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Enjoyed this episode I liked the one sided penguinshipping from Kenny although was slightly gutted Kenny beat Ash but Kennyw anted to win more so *shrugs*. Liked seeing Jasmine as well and also Flint as well cant wait for Flint to battle Cynthia ^_^

Ash's buizel is stronger than Kenny's Empoleon. Buizel should have won that battle

I think Ash was holding back in this match. If there was something else like a ticket or badge on the line he probably would have won. Besides, Ash didn't care if Dawn left or not. She knows that Ash had put all of his gym matches and league on hold for her and her stupid Contests so it's only right for her to support him in the league.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 11th February 2011 at 4:38 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I think Ash was holding back in this match. If there was something else like a ticket or badge on the line he probably would have won. Besides, Ash didn't care if Dawn left or not. She knows that Ash had put all of his gym matches and league on hold for her and her stupid Contests so it's only right for her to support him in the league.
    He wasn't holding back, he was trying to imitate Flint's battling style. Only to fail at doing so. If this were a League match he would have used something with a type advantage like Pikachu, and most likely won. I doubt Kenny Empoleon is any stronger than Barry's.

Really the only reason, why Jasmine battled Flint int he first place was for Ash to get set up with a realistic loss to someone like Kenny.

One thing I'd like to know though is, what exactly was Jasmine doing in Sinnoh. I know that they asked her about the gym, but I couldn't understand her response.
    Jasmine: Hi, I'm here to get curb stomped by Flint to further drive into everyone's skulls how stupidly overpowered the Elite Four are.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

In the games Jasmine appears in a Contests, so I guess Jasmine being one of Dawn's contest opponents would have been a better idea.

But it seemed like she was only here to see Flint destroy her.

Cool how they made it so the gang run in to Jasmine while on their way to the Sinnoh League, just like in the games.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast