Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucking the Treasure Trend! (649)

Default Bucking the Treasure Trend! (649)

Treasure Hunter - Buck & Baltoy!

On their way to the Sinnoh League, Ash & Co. meet up with Flint's brother, Buck. Buck is a treasure hunter and is eager to find treasure on a nearby island. Buck requests the assistance of Ash & Co. in finding this treasure. However, Team Rocket also overhear this information and decide to get the treasure for themselves. Will Buck managed to beat them to it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I will give the info:

-The meet Buck already in the ship
    -In the island, Ash uses Infernape against group of Gloom
    -In the cave Piplup is using his Hydro Pump vs Graveler, and Ash his Gible to beat Golem
    -Meowth accidentally opens the door for Claydol
    -Claydol blasts TR
    -Buck's Baltoy beats Claydol and Buck captures it
    -Seems like the treasure is pitcher
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 17th June 2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Buck caught that wild Claydol and found the treasure which is something like clay utensils

The group has at last set sail to Suzuran.

At least Gible did something.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 17th June 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Another Piplup abuse episode, but i don't complain about it. Also the patting of Piplup on Gible for helping finding it was nice (with DM of course).

Trick room was used in the anime wow how does that work
    My Black F/C: 3353 7681 7071

I like to be the Fire that surrounds Darkness

So Buck will be in the league?

Fun episode, Gible beat a Golem nice.

Buck and Baltoy are a good team together,i can't say a league team but definitely a nice team.
    Also i'm happy Gible defeated someone otherwise it would have gotten weaker instead of stronger to the league lol. And Baltoy's move Gyro Ball I think was very strong, well done Baltoy.

Piplup and TR was very funny in this ep and it was so cool that Gible had finally won a battle, hope to see more of his victory in the league. I still found it funny how Gible use DM to find Piplup, overall this was a very entertaining episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Nope, he won't

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    On their way to the Sinnoh League, Ash & Co. meet up with Flint's brother, Buck.
    Was this confirmed? If so, sweet! Also for the Animedex, there were multiple Magikarp in this episode when Buck dove to the ship on Mantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Another Piplup abuse episode, but i don't complain about it. Also the patting of Piplup on Gible for helping finding it was nice (with DM of course).
    Last stage of grieving: acceptance??

Denial: Piplup hiding behind a tree thinking Draco Meteor won't hit it
    Anger: Piplup throwing a fit everytime after being hit.
    Bargaining: Contemplating going to a different trainer, to escape it in DP164.
    Depression: Piplup being sad that it's constantly getting hit in DP164.
    Acceptance: Patting Gible on the head for doing a good job with Draco Meteor although being hit!

Now that Piplup has gone through the five stages of grief, IT'S TIME TO PERFECT DRACO METEOR NOW THERE'S NO MORE FUN TO IT!

Besides that, it was a decent episode, nothing special. Hooray for Gible beating something... What was going on with the type mentioning by the way? I thought Ash already new what types hit effectivily against whatnot...
    Last edited by Locormus; 17th June 2010 at 5:10 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    We see Buck waving bye to Ash and co. off to Suzuran Island, so no.

So that wasn't actually the League Island. The episodes was good. Claydol can apparently make magic happen since this episode was nice too. I was more excited for it then Buck.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Haha really good episode as for me, I really enjoyed it, so much love for Piplup I will miss him xD

So Gible defeats a Golem, cool! Still, other than that and the Piplup setting off all the Pokemon protecting the treasure it was kind of uneventful. What was the treasure anyhow?
    Last edited by TrainerOfLegend; 17th June 2010 at 7:24 PM.
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

This episode was pretty 'meh'. The only parts I enjoyed were the Gible vs Golem battle and Piplup getting bombed.

This episode was pretty good for a filler episode. It was nice to get to see Buck thus completing the list of Double Battle partners appearances in the anime. You know, I'd love to know how it is that TR managed to get a job on that ship. I mean did they just happen to have 3 vacancies or something? And I find it funny how Buck was facing in their direction and didn't notice their obvious eavesdropping even though TR weren't even being discreet about it.

As for the rest of the episode, I was completely enjoying every moment of the Piplup abuse. That'll teach it to be an attention hog. I also found it funny that TR got blasted off by an Onix when they have a grass pokemon with them. It was also nice seeing Gible win against Golem, though I gotta wonder, is that it's first battle victory since Ash caught it? And it's nice that Buck caught the Claydol at the end of the episode, thus giving him a pokemon he had in the games. But did Buck ever mention in the episode that Flint is his older brother?

And now for the random things. Is it just me, or did the trees and background not match the animation style when they were walking through the forest? It was like a bad green screen effect. Also what happened to Torterra? It was never shown being recalled by Ash, yet when they zoomed out, it was nowhere to be seen.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...leisstrong.png
    Gible says its ready for the league. But yeah this episode was pretty good It would've been better with atleast a mention of Buck being Flints Brother if he really is. Another thing Trick room wasnt used in this episode it was Light Screen I believe.
    Last edited by JD; 18th June 2010 at 2:20 AM.

So Gible beats Golem in one attack, but it's not DEM, but when Pachi takes down Gabite it's totally DEM. Figures.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOfLegend View Post
    So Gible defeats a Golem, cool! Still, other than that and the Piplup setting off all the Pokemon protecting the treasure it was kind of uneventful. What was the treasure anyhow?
    A bunch of pottery that were based on Claydol apparently. Would have been nice to see if Baltoy came from these sculptures.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    So Gible beats Golem in one attack, but it's not DEM, but when Pachi takes down Gabite it's totally DEM. Figures.
    To be fair, Gabite was trainer-owned with a type advantage. Golem was wild. Not that I think Pachi vs. Gabite was DEM! Just putting forward the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    To be even more completely fair:

Gible send the wild Golem rolling after three super effective attacks. It wasn't beaten, but Gible did have the upperhand if you may, against a fully evolved pokemon. Which is more then it's achieved under Ash' control thus far.

Pachi didn't take down Gabite in its first battle. That was a loss by points, which was due to Pachi's Super Fang bursting through Gabite's Dragon Breath/Flamethrower whatever.. That contest had to do with being fancy, while that battle between Flareon/Gabite and Pachi/Mamoswine was won due to the amazing combination power of Ice with electricity inside it, boosted by Hidden Power, which has enough AMAZINGZOMG power to knock everybody out in one or two hits.. after being semi murdered beforehand.

Gible vs Golem: Gaining upperhand against a wild pokemon with super effective attacks ---> completely logical
    Dawn vs Ursula in the GF: winning with a knockout that came out of nowhere ---> DEM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    To be fair, Gabite was trainer-owned with a type advantage. Golem was wild. Not that I think Pachi vs. Gabite was DEM! Just putting forward the logic.
    How is that logic at all. Wild Golem would still have to be strong to be fully evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    To be even more completely fair:

Gible send the wild Golem rolling after three super effective attacks
    Now that was what I missed. I looked away for a second and thought it was three separate Golem.

Pachi didn't take down Gabite in its first battle. That was a loss by points, which was due to Pachi's Super Fang bursting through Gabite's Dragon Breath/Flamethrower whatever.. That contest had to do with being fancy, while that battle between Flareon/Gabite and Pachi/Mamoswine was won due to the amazing combination power of Ice with electricity inside it, boosted by Hidden Power, which has enough AMAZINGZOMG power to knock everybody out in one or two hits.. after being semi murdered beforehand.
    I don't need an explanation, I've seen that battle, and I'm not the one calling it DEM.

Dawn vs Ursula in the GF: winning with a knockout that came out of nowhere ---> DEM.
    How did it come out of nowhere? Because Pachirisu came out of the ground? Ridiculous. Gabite is super weak to Ice-Type attacks. It being knocked out in that battle it totally reasonable, and not DEM at all. And don't even say the point system because that has been messed up since contests debut in AG.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 19th June 2010 at 8:59 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Anyone else getting tired of TR's "I've just been electrocuted" afro?

They've been using them alot lately, and I find them quite ugly.

Not much I can say on this episode, it bored me. Best part about it was Gible. Everything else was just...blah

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

It would have been awesome if Ash and Buck had a battle

Glad to see Buck made it in. I knew they weren't going to find any valuable treasure. Just a claydol and a bunch of vases. Even so the ep felt a little like Indiana Jones and I liked that.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast