Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucking the Treasure Trend! (649)

Dub title speculations.

~ Bucking for a Treasure
    ~ Baltoying with the Claydol
    ~ Treasure Bucking

It was a good episode. We saw Buck and the group goes on a treasure hunt. It was interesting.

I thought it was an OK episode. They probably could have had the Pokémon stealing Ash's Sinnoh Badges and putting it with the rest of the treasure, but whatever. I do like that now all of the Stat Trainers have appeared. Claydol's Poké Dex Entry on Dawn's Poké Dex calls it is the Clay Doll Pokémon which is kind of interesting since it is called Claydol with a classification of Clay Doll.
    8/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Today's episode wasn't all too bad. Now we meet the 5th and final Stat Trainer from DPPT, Buck! His voice wasnt too bad either, so I could careless if people say its bad without a reason.

Anyways, his Baltoy is pretty cool to, a lot more awesome than Claydol a bit. Since they all decided to go for a Treasure hunt on the Island theyre stopping at, sounds like a interesting adventure. And boy was it.

Piplup became too eager and was sent flying by the Trap Pokemon. lol The first time by the Voltorbs made me grin. The torture from Piplup in this episode brought back some good laughs. Carrying onto the Pinecos and Vileplume. Gravelers were kinda meh, but the Golem part was clever. Since the gang was seperated from Buck, Baltoy and Piplup, Gible comes out to knock Golem out with Rock Smash. Then, it uses fail Draco Meteor to find Piplup. Made a good LOL there. Piplup drama follows, just made me rofl.

It amused me that Jessie thought that the trap Pokemon were gonna be a welcoming group to lead to the treasure. Suck suckers. : P

Around the end, reaching the ruin, looks as though the final trap was the Claydol. Boy this was epic. Baltoy VS Claydol was such treat. That Gyro Ball of Baltoy was well used, giving Buck the success to capture Claydol! Then following the treasure, yaaaaay. And from his explanation, he'd like to be a Archeologist Professor. Cool I guess. It does fit him.

Then all things come to an end, but Buck takes another ferry while the gang returns to theirs and heads off for Lily of the Valley.

Not too bad of an episode, only glad to see we got all the Stat Trainers shown in the anime. ^^

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE LEAGUE. Its gonna rock next week!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I almost forgot about Buck and how writers haven't made a episode dedicated to him until now. Nice to see some old favorites being used as traps to guard the treasure.

A very entertaining episode with nothing to complain about.

It began with some hilarious scenes when Team Rocket pretended to be waiters while peeking over the twerps' shoulders to get a glimpse of the treasure map. Those poses sure cracked me up!
    Then I couldn't help but feel pity for poor little Piplup being blasted through the air again and again.
    Today's episode also once again made me think that Infernape is one of the coolest Pokemon ever and that it would definitely be part of my team if Pokemon was real. For some reason I thought that him standing on the rock in that crouching position looked so heroic and just super cool.

Admittedly, something just came to my mind which I guess is worth complaining about: After being attacked by the Graveler, Ash and co. fell down that ravine, but, surprise surprise, stayed completely uninjured. How in the world can something like that happen? Surviving THAT fall without even one scratch was pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

And last but not least, the final part when they found the treasure was really really well done!
    First we got an exciting and well thought-out battle between Baltoy and Claydol, then we saw a clever solution of the riddle surrounding the whole treasure hunt. While the treasure chest (which to be honest rather reminded me of a refrigerator made of stone) was opening, I was wondering how they would resolve it all. Having it be full of actual gold and silver would have been too predictable, so from my point of view the writers did a great job by filling the chest with ancient pots that only mean something to archeology experts, the true treasure hunters so to speak. (You see, I can indeed praise the writers if they deserve praise!)

One last thing that's been on my mind for two hours now: In the episode, Buck was not referred to as Flint's younger brother. Does anybody happen to recall if or where this relationship was explicitly stated in DPPt? If he really was Flint's relative, why wasn't it mentioned in the Anime? Considering Flint's dominant role in the the DP series as well as the fact that he had just appeared last week, the least you could expect is that he's briefly mentioned

Anyways, it was a great "filler" and I enjoyed every minute of it.

7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

lol i loved the bit when meowth said you have big baby eye's to onix LOL
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

This episode was good. When Brock said Golem was weak to fighting attacks, I'm surprised he went with Gible's Rock Smash instead of Monferno. I like how Gible's Draco Meteor homed in on Piplup.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    lol i loved the bit when meowth said you have big baby eye's to onix LOL
    Big beady eyes. not baby.

ohh i must have heard wrong
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I swear this episode happened in the Advanced saga.

Anyway, I didn't really like it. It was cool to finally see Buck, but his voice was bad and Baltoy's voice sucked. The episode did have a few good comedy moments though.

The thing that bugged me most was that this episode was like a huge taunt. They referenced the league so many times, I didn't even care what happened, I just wanted them to get to Lily of the Valley right then. Oh well, next week.

6.5/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I hadn't even seen this episode until this weekend, probably since I stopped watching the anime when this one aired in Japan. Well now, we finally get to meet Buck, one of the five Stat Trainers from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I was sort of expecting Buck's anime debut to have come a long time ago but it's still nice that we got him near the end of the Diamond and Pearl saga. Better than nothing. I was excited to see what the writers would come up with for Buck's episode but I must admit, I was little bit disappointed. Nothing really happens in this episode in retrospect. Ash and friends don't really advance in this episode and this was almost filler-like in quality. Still, that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy some of the parts. Here we got then, Ash and friends are on the boat to Lily of the Valley Island and Ash is as happy and excited about the Sinnoh League as ever. I wonder why TPCI had to replace the music there with their own version though, sigh. After Ash's weird laugh, we got Piplup chasing after a ball of some kind and colliding with a Baltoy. Piplup looked hurt, but at that moment, Buck appeared, standing over Piplup and accusing it of hurting Baltoy. Man, he looked tan though. In the games, his skin is the normal pale color, but he's darker in the anime. Wonder why that is.

Back to the situation at hand, I cannot believe that Dawn was the one who apologized to Buck when it was Baltoy who collided with Piplup. Baltoy seems way more sturdy so it couldn't have gotten hurt too badly. Well anyway, Piplup apologized to Buck but he said everything was fine. Well Buck, is everything fine or not? You were complaining before. Ugh. Well everyone introduced themselves and Dawn scanned Baltoy in her Pokedex since that's what she learned to do thanks to Ash. Buck then revealed that he was on a "Treasure Hunt" which surprised everyone apparently. Buck revealed that Baltoy could find hidden treasure and everyone was quite impressed. Team Rocket overheard though, as usual. We then got Buck's back story and we learned that he found a sunken ship once. We also got to see him without a shirt. Hmm, fanservice perhaps? Haha, I laughed at the ship in the flashback though; I mean, why was there a pirate ship, near Japan? Sort of odd. Buck then showed Ash and friends the treasure map, and his target was on Dandelion Island. Omg, seeing Team Rocket hovering over Ash and friends to document the map was hilarious though, especially James' face. Buck then asked them if they knew about Pokemon and they all started thinking about the Pokemon drawn on the map Buck had. They were able to identify most which was a surprise to me. At least Ash and friends are good with Pokemon trivia.

Buck then invited Ash and friends to hunt for the treasure on Dandelion Island with him, which was nice considering he just met Ash and his friends a few minutes before. Ash agreed to help since it would help him train for the Sinnoh League and then Dawn and Brock agreed since they were going to dock there for supplies anyway. We got some nice Movie 9 music there as Team Rocket decided to find the treasure before Buck and the others. Why they made that ridiculous pirate reference, I'll never know. Ash and friends finally arrived at Dandelion Island and they started looking for the mountain where the treasure was said to be hidden. It was actually Piplup who found the road they had to take and it led the way to the mountain. Was that a wise choice though? Considering Piplup's history of getting lost and falling into quicksand? Well sure enough, just as Piplup was making it's way down the road, an explosion sent it flying. I thought maybe it was Gible's Draco Meteor but it was actually some Voltorb; the same ones drawn on the map that Buck had! It was scary that they started to Selfdestruct though, in front of Ash and everyone else. Ash put Pikachu to work though, and had it use Thunderbolt on the Voltorb so that he and the others could get away from there safely. As Ash and the others were catching their breath, Piplup decided to go on ahead but as always, it got blasted into the air again! This seems like a trend now haha.

This time, it wasn't the Voltorb who caused that explosion, it was a bunch of Pineco that were hiding in a tree and were apparently Selfdestructing themselves to cause those explosions, just like the Voltorb were before. Those same Pineco were also on Buck's treasure map so I'm thinking there's a connection between the Pokemon illustrated on the map and the Pokemon on Dandelion Island. Ash and the others managed to run away from that part of the forest and they came to rest somewhere else, while Buck examined the treasure map. Buck then realized that the Voltorb and Pineco on the island were traps set up to prevent people from getting the treasure there, which made a lot of sense. We then had Ash use his head for once and come up with a plan for fighting off the Graveler that lie ahead; using Water-type Pokemon. Then Brock thought up of a way to counter the Vileplume, by using Ash's Infernape. Meanwhile, Team Rocket, still as funny as ever, were in the same forest and we had James noting the Pokemon on the map and wondering why they were there. Jessie thought that the Pokemon were there to "welcome" them, however. That was obviously not the case, since at that moment we had a bunch of Voltorb appear before Team Rocket. The Voltorb then started Selfdestructing again and Team Rocket's hair looked funny as they ran away; Afros are so in. Ash and friends arrived at a river and Piplup led the way across by hopping on some rocks. Dawn warned that little Piplup about being careful though.

It's a good thing she did too, as there were some Vileplume and Gloom on the other side of the river. Piplup wasn't careful though, and it fell onto a Vileplume and got hit by it's Stun Spore attack. Haha, Piplup sure loves getting abused. Anyway, the Gloom started attacking Ash and the others with their Acid attack, which was really a bit too much I think. Ash sent out Infernape to deal with them though, and it put them all in their place with Flamethrower. After that ordeal, Brock had to feed Piplup some Super Potion to get rid of Stun Spore's effects, even though Super Potion doesn't work like that. Anime logic is flawed! Piplup felt better and, once again, it led the way to the treasure. Meanwhile, Team Rocket, all of them sporting Afros, arrived at the area with all the Pineco and they were treated to some more Selfdestruct teehee. Ash and the others arrived at some caves and Buck decided to use his Baltoy's special power to find the right cave to enter, much to Piplup's disappointment. I guess it wanted to lead Ash and friends haha. Team Rocket arrived at the Vileplume and Gloom part of the forest and they were attacked by Acid as well. Jessie took command though, and had Seviper use it's Poison Tail to carve a path for them to run on. That was actually clever! Back at the caves, we had Ash and friends using Baltoy to point them in the right direction. I loved Baltoy's voice at that point because it sounded like it was singing! That was cool.

At that moment though, we had a bunch of Graveler appear in the caves, all of them rolling towards Ash and friends. This time however, it was Piplup who came to the rescue. Piplup used it's Hydro Pump and it actually worked against one of the Graveler, but another one hit Piplup and sent it flying back to Dawn. Too bad. Ash and the others ran for it but Ash, Dawn, and Brock got blasted off a cliff and they all fell down deeper into the caves. That fall would've killed normal humans but since this is an anime, it must have just felt like a tickle to them haha. Ash and friends then meet a Golem in the cave and Ash had Gible use Rock Smash against it, which made the Golem flee, crying. Pfft. The next part was the best of the episode; Ash and the others wondered how they would find Piplup and Buck and then Gible used Draco Meteor to track Piplup down! Hahaha, that was so freakin' funny since it worked and they found Piplup once Draco Meteor collided with it. Classic. Anyway, back with Team Rocket, Meowth made a fool of himself by climbing on an Onix, and Team Rocket got blasted off, again! Ash and the others finally made it out of the cave and they encountered some neat-looking ruins at the summit of the mountain. They climbed them and noticed the Lunatone and Solrock patterns, and then Buck found some carvings and Baltoy found one of a triangle. Just as Buck and the others were discussing it, Team Rocket appeared! I seriously thought they had blasted off for good though, so that was a surprise.

After their motto, and some annoying rhyming, we had Meowth accidentally step on that triangle carving which activated some sort of light. Suddenly, a Claydol appeared inside the light for some reason, and Ash wondered if that had been the treasure all along. Seriously, Ash? Claydol are a dime a dozen though. Believing that Claydol guarded the treasure, we had Team Rocket attack it with Seviper and Carnivine which was a bad idea since Claydol just evaded their attacks. Claydol got mad and then just started spinning around and it collided with Team Rocket, blasting them off once again, for real this time. Claydol then turned on Ash and the others and Dawn had Piplup use Bubblebeam against it, but it countered that with Light Screen, although it worked more like Protect. Piplup got frozen by Claydol's Ice Beam and then Ash and friends fled when Claydol used Psybeam. Come on guys, I thought you wanted the treasure. Ash sent out Torterra to deal with Claydol, but even it failed to damage the Claydol. Typical, Torterra always fails. Always. Buck took charge and decided to handle Claydol himself. Baltoy and Claydol battled and at first Baltoy's attacks didn't do much due to Claydol's Light Screen but then it turned the tables on Claydol by using it's Gyro Ball attack to do some damage. Baltoy used Solarbeam on Claydol and then followed that up with Gyro Ball again and ended things right there. I was really amazed by it's strength though!

Buck didn't miss the chance and he tossed an empty Pokeball at Claydol and managed to capture it for his collection. Right when things looked to have settled down, we had a stone box appear and everyone was excited about the treasure. However, Ash, Dawn, and Brock were unimpressed since the only thing in that box was old clay pots and stuff. Buck on the other hand, was very happy since they were priceless artifacts. Buck then revealed that he wanted to be a professor one day, which was odd but things seemed to have wrapped up nicely for Buck in the end. As the sun was starting to set on Dandelion Island, Buck revealed that he was heading for Stark Mountain to hunt for treasure there and then he said goodbye to Ash and friends, but he first wished Ash good luck at the Sinnoh League. The episode ended with Ash and friends looking at the sunset while thinking about the challenges of the Sinnoh League. Well that was a nice episode indeed. It might not have been the most epic episode ever, but it had some of the funniest scenes from this season and it portrayed the final Stat Trainer in a good way since we got to see his adventurous side. I was shocked with the final plot twist since I had never expected Buck to capture another Pokemon, but it was a good surprise regardless. I think I'll give this episode a rating of 7/10. It wasn't too filler-ish and it managed to make me laugh, which is always a plus. Stay faaaabulous~

Again with the growly voice for Infernape? Who's doing that voice, Christian Bale?

...Wow. It just occurred to me: If that was true, then Blaze would basically be the Terminator Salvation tantrum.

I was kind of hoping Claydol would keep its Japanese voice. Instead, it sounds like a mix between that and Bronzong's dub voice.

By the way, is it just me, or does Buck look like he belongs in One Piece or something? Just sayin...

i think this episode wasn't too bad but nothing special, Buck was pretty cool, i like at the end how he said he was going to stark mountain
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

Well... looks like The Fourth Kira got everything covered in this, but still, seeing Buck on this was nice.

Of course, the aformentioned treasure happened to be ancient pieces of pottery of all sorts, which in Buck's eyes, is like the Lost City of Gold here.

...Bleh... I'm losing my motivation to make anything halfway decent in the summarizing department anymore...

Buck was pretty cool I guess. I prefer Marley over him but he seemed more exciting than the other stat trainers. Anyway, the was a pretty enjoyable episode. I found it funny how Team Rocket just listened in on what Buck was saying about the treasure and thought that the Voltorb was a welcoming party.

This episode was ok I liked Buck he was quite funny and it was good for a filler episode. I liked how the different pokemon were traps on the map as well

Buck should have followed his brother's steps..... anyways it was a good episode.. but when will the sinnoh league start

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Claydol for the 1st time in a long time. It was cool that they had to go through a lot of Pokemon obstacles to get to the treasure. It was funny when TR kept falling for the traps over and over again. It was cool to see Baltoy defeat Claydol and capture it to be able to go after the treasure. It was cool to see Gible battle a Golem and be able to defeat it.

27/100

In regards to the first post, I have a hard time believing that Buck is Flints brother. I mean, wouldn't he have mentioned that to AshnCo. in the last episode?

Like this:

Flint: Oh! by the way, Ash, you might run in to my brother, Buck, on your way to Lily of the Valley island. The last I heard, he's looking for treasure around Dandelion island. Be sure to keep a lookout for him!

Also, Flint would seem a little too old to be Buck's brother, wouldn't he?

I am glad we finally got to see Buck in the anime! He's the one I was really hoping to see, him being my favorite stat chracter form the games, for some reason.

I expected his voice to sound more close to Pauls voice, though. But that's just me.

Hey, I just noticed something! The order we met the stat characters in the anime is the same order we meet them in the games, I think: Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Marley and then Buck! I haven't even seen the episode with Mira in it, but it was pretty obvious this order was what they were going for.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Buck is really cool, nice to see him outside of the game too, Claydol was also really awesome! it was intresting ^^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Zzzzzz... wake me when the episode's over. Probably the least memorable episode of the season, featuring one of the jerkier game characters. At least the huge claydol reminds me of one of my favorite episodes, Claydol Big and Tall.

4/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Meh episode, literally nothing to say about it other than "boring"
    2/10, reminded me of mid-Johto fillers.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

It reminded me of Johto fillers, too! But not in a bad way. I enjoyed the episode - it was nice to see Buck. The treasure hunting was totally fun and seeing Buck so enthusiastic was great. This episode reminded me of why I love Piplup, it was on top-form in this episode - absolutely adorable. I was surprised that Buck caught Claydol, what with it being the "Guardian" of the treasure or whatever. But I guess now that Buck has the treasure it doesn't matter anymore! Nice episode.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Rocko and I watched this episode a lot since we found out Buck is Flint's Little bro. However, they are not twins. Well he's a treasure hunter, and wants to um... Be part of One Piece maybe?

天と地が一つになる時!世界は新たな時代を迎える!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast