Guild War Forum Rules
To make the clan section interesting, this forum has been created so that two opposing clans can set up wars and fight each other. As usual, below are the rules of the clan war section, read them carefully before making a war thread. Make sure to follow the rules listed in this thread to avoid a "Disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum" infraction and 3 points.
***OFFICIAL CLAN RULES***
- Follow All Serebii Rules.
- War line-ups must contain registered simulator names next to the player's username.
- Threads can be posted by either side's leader, co-leader, or clan war manager.
- Have everything finalised.
- Don't bother mods to approve your threads until a certain time has passed.
- STAY ON TOPIC.
- Line-Ups don't change once the thread is posted.
- The maximum deadline allowed for clan wars is two weeks.
- Clan members can only post in clan war threads.
- DO NOT REVEAL ANYTHING TEAM RELATED.
- Guilds can only be in one war at a time.
- Only two Guilds can be in a war at the same time.
- Be familiar with the Serebii Standard Rules.
- If a situation can't be resolved, PM a mod.
1. Follow All Serebii Rules.
Follow all SPPf rules.
These rules applies to the sub-forums on the site, and the clan war section is no different.
2. War line-ups must contain registered simulator names next to the player's forum username.
Each war participant must have their Pokemon Showdown (or Pokemon Online) username which must be registered included in the war line next to their forum username in brackets. The match will be voided if a different simulator username is used in a war match. This is prevent people impersonating and trying to sabotage a war.
3. Threads can be posted by either side's leader, co-leader or clan war manager.
War threads can be posted by either side's leader, co-leader or clan war manager providing some agreement is formed by the clans warring. If two threads are posted, the one with the earliest date will be approved.
4. Have everything finalised.
When posting a new thread, make sure to take the time to finalise your look as this will help in getting it approved. Threads that don't meet certain quality standards will not be approved. The first post must contain both clans names, the system used (amount of lives, single knock out, round-robin, etc), and the match ups of the participants of both sides, and a deadline. The first post must also look presentable.
5. Don't bother mods to approve your threads until a certain time has passed.
All threads in this section must be approved by a Battle Forum Staff Member. Do not PM or bother staff members to get your thread approved. We will get to it in time.
6. STAY ON TOPIC.
I Can't stress this enough, STAY ON TOPIC. Flaming, spamming, trolling, random messages, etc are not allowed. Good luck posts are fine as long as you are a member of either clan. Anyone not a part of the clan will get infracted of course.
7. Line-Ups don't change once the thread is posted.
Once the war thread has been posted and is awaiting approval, that it, line-ups on that post will are not allowed to change. So it is recommended that you add a substitutes line-up to the war line-up / post so when one of your members can't battle, you can sub them out. Like the main line-up, a substitute line-up can't change once the thread is posted / submitted for approval.
8. The maximum deadline allowed for clan wars is two weeks.
The maximum deadline allowed for clan wars is two weeks from the day the clan war topic was posted, and only one extension will be allowed for a maximum of one week's time. That in theory should be plenty of time if you consider your participant's timezones and activity levels when making your war lineups. A week deadline extension can be given by a Clan Wars Forum Moderator if they deem necessary once per war.
9. Guilds members can only post in guild war threads.
As with guilds, only members of both guilds can post in the war thread. No exceptions will be granted and if caught you will be infracted.
10. DO NOT REVEAL ANYTHING TEAM RELATED
DO NOT REVEAL any Pokemon, moves, items, etc of your opponents team. First 2 offences will be dealt with via infractions. Third offence will be another "Continuously disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum" infraction worth 6 points plus a week long ban. Every occurrence afterwards will get the same punishment with the ban being a week longer in length.
11. Clans can only be in one war at a time.
Like you not being allowed to be in two clans, clans can only have a war with one clan at a time. Once that war is finished, they are free to look for another right way, and if it is found during a current war is happening, the clan is allowed to start that war right after their previous one is finished.
12. Only two separate clans can be in a war at the same time.
Three-way wars or anything like that are not allowed as they have been proven to be badly managed and not working in the end. Also, one clan split into teams warring are not allowed, use your own clan war thread for things like that. Any threads I see that attempts this will not be approved, and further posting will get you infracted.
13. Be familiar with the Serebii Standard Rules
Be familiar with the Serebii Standard Rules
of battling as these are the rules most people follow.[/B] You are allowed to have a war with a different tier or several tiers though.
14. If a situation can't be resolved, PM a mod.
Once a situation gets out of hand / can't be resolved, don't make it worse, instead,PM a moderator. Once a moderator is notified, they will assess the situation and make a decision that all members involved must listen to.
Failure to comply with these rules will earn you a "Disobeying the Rules of a specific sub-forum infraction". Anyone caught trying to sabotage a war will, on-top of getting infracted/banned, receive a 12 month ban from the war section. If caught after the war has concluded, then the war ban will still occur. If you have any questions, feel free to PM them to any of the Battle Forum staff, and if you see any rules being broken or have any issues, report them as mods won't always be able to be at every place at once due to our schedules. Alternatively, you can PM any problems to us. Enjoy!