Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lavender Town Syndrome

Hybrid View

Default Lavender Town Syndrome

Some of you may of heard of this. Either way, never look at Lavender Town in the same way again.

Knock yourself out to the creepiness.

Has anyone heard of this story? It actually scared the crap outta me but there were some "lolwut"s reading it.

Here's a 2 part reply from 99chan from /x/.
        Spoiler:- Part I (Warning Long Read, but worth it):

Spoiler:- Part II:

The story is obviously fiction, but the 1st Edition of Lavender's Town Tune can make you feel strange, it is said that only young teens and children can hear these certain "tones" and fully developed human ears cannot. Here is the song:

R/G Version Blue Version

Hear the difference? Left one has a noise that has a bunch of "popping" noise, and the right one doesn't have it.

Discuss.

Unhappy Creepy

That... is.... Wierd, the old chateau, however is even creepier

Well, I'll be d*mned. You actually creeped me out a bit. Nice work. It's hard to do that...sort of Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Pokémon there, eh? POKEMON! THE SURVIVAL HORROR! Heh.

That stuff about the dying people isn't true, is it?...and the creepy 'buried alive' thing is fake, too, right?

*shudders* Good work, kiddo.

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    Well, I'll be d*mned. You actually creeped me out a bit. Nice work. It's hard to do that...sort of Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Pokémon there, eh? POKEMON! THE SURVIVAL HORROR! Heh.

That stuff about the dying people isn't true, is it?...and the creepy 'buried alive' thing is fake, too, right?

*shudders* Good work, kiddo.

~Nemmeh
    Yeah, it's all fake. Epic story though, it had me for a while and I couldn't stop thinking about it. There's a forum on another Poke site if you want, sorry I don't have the link, but it shows some other peoples opinions on the LTS.

Is it true that some sound frequencies can have negatives effects on you? I would assume so...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sabreus View Post

Is it true that some sound frequencies can have negative effects on you? I would assume so...

Yes, it is. I've done some experiments with binural beats myself, for funsies, and I find the 'sound that people who are over 19 can't hear' thing is true.

Also, play a little Silent Hill, or better yet, search Akira Yamaoka's "Prayer" from Silent Hill three. It's unnerving as it can be. The music is what makes SH so scary.

Come to think of it, a couple months ago, I replayed Blue and the Lavender Town music sounded different to me. I seem to recall a clicking sound, or a high pitched noise in the background that I can't hear any more. *Shrugs* I guess that was it.

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

........My God. The last bit was fake, of course, but the story left a chill on my heart.
    Last edited by Calm PokeMaster; 25th June 2010 at 6:23 PM.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2en9hmt.png[/IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If anybody wants Pokemon with Pokerus,contact me via PM
    Platinum Friend Code :2536 3632 4456
    Soul Silver FC : 2494 0321 7044
    Time Zone :+5.5(IST, I am from India)

Spoiler:- Credits:

Why did you call It the LTS when it's just bits of the text. It's cool and creepy, but not real :3
    The Dusk Staraptor Will Fill Your Souls With Darkness!!!!!

[
    Go To My Deviantart!!!!!!!
    http://ragerrock.deviantart.com/

impressive, creeped me out for a bit. specially cuz pokemon has always been surrounded with myths and incidents like dat. like the pokeball toys suffocating the kids. and the porygon episode causin epilepsy attacks. either way the lavender tune has a creepy feel to it. i find dat theme to be relaxing in the heartgold game though.
    HG fc: angel 1849 5399 4144

Gave me that same weird feeling when I first read Death Note. Of course it's not true, but the Lavender Town music is kinda unnerving.
    [CENTER]-Echizen -Inui -Kikumaru -Oishi -Kawamura -Tezuka

Default 0.0

Holy freaking crap, I think I just peed my pants. lol
    Seriously though, my heart is beating a bit faster than normal.
    That last part freaked me out especially.
    Just... wow.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Death Note:Pokemon Edition

Now, I really have misgivings about playing any Pokemon game alone.

Even thought the article was fake, it was well written and upped my heart beat rate.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2en9hmt.png[/IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If anybody wants Pokemon with Pokerus,contact me via PM
    Platinum Friend Code :2536 3632 4456
    Soul Silver FC : 2494 0321 7044
    Time Zone :+5.5(IST, I am from India)

Spoiler:- Credits:

...Wow... What made this even creepier was that I was listening to some creepy piano music...

You know, about the Lavender Town music, I love it and all, but I do know there is something unnerving about that music, especially the Lavender Tower music. I have a recording of the town music somewhere that I got from my brother's Red version, but I don't know where it is. And my brother lost his version, so I can't check it out again. So I'll click on the links when I get on my laptop, since this one I'm on won't let us on YouTube.

Even though the sprites part is fake, the White Hand sprite made me iffy. I used to think when I was real that I could actually see the hand on my character's shoulder when the girl mentioned it. Then again, I have a pretty visual imagination. So the whole part made me iffy. Especially the "Buried Alive" one. Eesh.

This actually reminded me of a nightmare I had about Mount Moon (during the days of my first game-play, I was stuck in Mount Moon at that time), where I ran into some skinny black cat that ate my Pikachu and then me.

Darth Sabreus mentioned a forum that was talking about this, so I ended up Googling it, and found it. It's probably the right one.

Right here, folks.

Here's another interesting one.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 26th June 2010 at 9:24 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I would not have liked to lose to that guy when I was what, 6.

Okay, quick question: What does the story have to do with Lavender Town Tone? It was an interesting read, but it just made it weird.

Anyway.

I decided to test the Red/Green version of Lavender Town's music on my brothers, and I ended up getting some weird results. It seems everyone hears the music differently, no matter the age, so when it came to my brothers, they heard (or did not hear) certain things. I wrote down what they described, and every now and then their actions.

We'll start with the youngest brother. When I asked him to tell me what he was hearing, he just ended up sounding out whatever it was he was hearing. So I'll put down the onomatopoeia so you can decide for yourself what he was hearing.

Keep in mind I only told the youngest about it, but I think he was half-listening. The other two had no clue what was going on, but did the "experiment" anyway.

Spoiler:- science content:

In conclusion: everyone hears something different. I'm sure that teenagers are still able to hear it, but either it's because we're too far developed or that we listen to music all the time, it's goes almost unnoticeable. None of us heard a "popping" noise, that we knew of anyway. However, the twins have mentioned that they heard something, but couldn't describe it other than what they told me.

It was interesting to know what the others heard, though. But after this, I don't find it too creepy after all. I even read it again, and found it actually cool to read. So... I'm not that scared after all.

Well, okay, I'm still a bit freaked out about it, but I'll wait until night comes.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 27th June 2010 at 1:42 AM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Oh God... it may be fake but it's still surprising.

Im so glad that's fake!
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Nice story.

BTW, the popping is still there in the Blue/red version. It is just softer of a snare drum noise. It is supposed to be like a funeral march snare. BTW, that is my favorite Pokemon song BTW.

Nice story.

BTW, the popping is still there in the Blue/red version. It is just softer of a snare drum noise. It is supposed to be like a funeral march snare. BTW, that is my favorite Pokemon song BTW.

what the...
    that story was amazing...amazingly creepy. i almost thought it was real, it was so great. no matter how well written that is, it's still creepy. wow, i would have cried at the sight of any of this stuff as a 5 year old.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I knew there was something weird about Lavender town. When I played Red version as a kid I used to get really creeped out from the music in Lavender town. Everytime I went to Lavender Town I shut my volume off.

Default Ah man

That story was very freaky before it adopted that unrealistic narration type... er.... narration.
    I'm very proud of myself working out that the words written on chi-something's walls was to do with the wild grass and prof oak. Thank good for 2 play throughs of that game and many many playthroughs of leaf green

Unhappy I think its true

I heard the original Japanese lavender music myself, it gave me severe headache and was overwhelming. I also happen to know a kid who heard it and commited suicide later because he kept listening to it over and over

I like a good scare story as much as the next guy but the article linked is so poorly written I couldn't get into it.

I'm not going to spoil it for those who didn't read it yet but, just one example... about the last detective, and the stuff he saw. The text clearly says earleir that he's alone and no one saw what happened soooo... how do we get such a clear description of what happened if there was no one to tell it?

Just... too many inconsistencies. It doesn't fool anyone.

The rest of the post is also crawling with inconsistencies. Gif files? Swf files? Do they think this is a PC game? Totally ruined it for me.

That story was creepy as heck; good thing it's fake as I thought it was legit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast