Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lavender Town Syndrome

Listening to Pokemon music causing DEATH? More likely Justin Bieber music would do that (bad joke).

Obviously fabricated, of course, as we all know. 200 children dying from a game?
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

I don't care whether this is true or not but im not using my pokemon blue anymore. And when im in lavender town in soulsilver ill be switching into my bike to change the music from now on.

Cool story... but really fake.

But it's still a cool story.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Default Ah man

That story was very freaky before it adopted that unrealistic narration type... er.... narration.
    I'm very proud of myself working out that the words written on chi-something's walls was to do with the wild grass and prof oak. Thank good for 2 play throughs of that game and many many playthroughs of leaf green

Im 14 and just listened to this tune.

My ears feel a little 'odd' but I dont want to kill myself=D.But dont make me listen to that ever again.

Fascinating. FAKE, but fascinating.
    If you happen to have a DW Reuniclus or other members of its line, please don't hesitate to message me.

Pokemon White FC: 4083 5608 6351

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Do GBs even use gif files?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    Do GBs even use gif files?
    GIF files have been around since the late 1980's and can be used to store low-color sprites in games, so its more likely than it might seem.
    Fan of Pokemon Special's Yellow.

The scariest part was my screen blacking out on me mid read. hit a sleep mode button by accident

*Yawn*

It'd take much more than that to creep me out.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

now everytime i hear lavender town im gonna think about little kids saying "come follow us"... creepy lol
    "Strong Pokemon.
    Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

At least Lavender Town has a good tune in G/S/C.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

It's stuff like this that makes me love Lavender Town even more. <3
    "Silicone, saline, poison, inject me, baby..."

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

Unhappy I think its true

I heard the original Japanese lavender music myself, it gave me severe headache and was overwhelming. I also happen to know a kid who heard it and commited suicide later because he kept listening to it over and over

I like a good scare story as much as the next guy but the article linked is so poorly written I couldn't get into it.

I'm not going to spoil it for those who didn't read it yet but, just one example... about the last detective, and the stuff he saw. The text clearly says earleir that he's alone and no one saw what happened soooo... how do we get such a clear description of what happened if there was no one to tell it?

Just... too many inconsistencies. It doesn't fool anyone.

The rest of the post is also crawling with inconsistencies. Gif files? Swf files? Do they think this is a PC game? Totally ruined it for me.

That story was creepy as heck; good thing it's fake as I thought it was legit.

I had read it before in the past, it's not a new story for me, but it's too bad there are a lot of things that make no sense.. like when it says "nobody saw what happened".. then how can you tell us what exactly happened?

cool story bro

I know about this. There's a whole page on it on knowyourmeme.com:
    lavender-town-music-conspiracy-creepypasta
    Apparently, some kids really did get sick, but nothing like in the story. Just headaches and irritibility and the like. And they took out the binural beats once they realized the problem. It's pretty rare to find a copy old enough to have it.

I like the part that relates it to Unit 731. That was mentioned in my Japanese History class, and I was like "That sounds familiar..." Sure enough, it was the same thing. That was kind of cool.

Anyway, I think it's creepy. I mean, I knew right away that it was fake because the first place I saw it was on knowyourmeme, but I would've, anyway... but I think just the idea of it is creepy.
    Last edited by Hakajin; 11th December 2010 at 8:05 AM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

in hg i turn on my gameboy player thing and got to lt and forget its on
    Aww who doesn't like James's Giant AIDS filled needle?

That is horrible yet hilairious at the same time.

I read this awhile back, its really creepy I wonder who actually took the time to write this up.

Congratulations. I'm creeped out.

It's 1 am here, and now I have to turn off the lights. And try to sleep. So thank you. Thank you for that.

Nah, I'm kidding I love this urban myth kind of stuff, the creepier the better. BCVM22, why even bother coming to this thread? Sheesh. We know it's fake - so are most horror tales - so what's the point in joining the circle around the campfire on the night of the full moon if you're only going to sit and pick holes and spoil everyone else's fun??

Back on topic, I almost began to wonder if there wasn't some truth to that story, until the bit where the detectives started finding suicide notes and such from crazy programmers. That was just LOL. Bad episode of CSI much? But no, Lavender Town always scared the hell out of me and the music scared the hell out of me as I know it did many people, and god...if you played red and blue and remember what the pokemon looked like back then, the team rocket grunt's slathering golbat at the top of the tower probably scared the living daylights out of you too. The entire place was just so much darker and suddenly more sombre than the rest of the game, what with the marowak story. Nightmare fuel indeed; you can see why this myth took off.

On a side note, I've listened to a high pitched frequency noise they have here in the UK that is supposed to repel only people of 19 and younger (to keep teens from lurking around outside shops and scaring off customers and frightening old people, hehe), and I'm 22. I could hear it to the point where I screamed 'shut it off!' and I can still hear the funny high pitched popping in the back of the Lavender Town music when I turn on my R/B/Y carts. No, it doesn't make me insane (it does give me the unholy shivers if I listen too long) but I can hear it...proving that the 'only 7-12 year olds can hear this pitch' thing is b*llocks.
    Last edited by SasakiThePikachu; 29th December 2010 at 2:13 AM.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    BCVM22, why even bother coming to this thread?
    Because when I posted here on August 3rd - nearly five months ago - I had a vision that you would find this thread in late December and need to complain about someone "ruining someone else's fun" or some such, and so I did what any rational person would do, which is give you that.

That's not a typo, by the way - five months. The question is not "omg why would you come in here and say this isn't real?", the question is why it is somehow just now relevant, to the point of feeling like you're doing something by trying to call me out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Sheesh. We know it's fake - so are most horror tales - so what's the point in joining the circle around the campfire on the night of the full moon if you're only going to sit and pick holes and spoil everyone else's fun??
    Because that's exactly what I was doing.

Either that, or you didn't actually read what I was saying five months ago (again, not a typo) and in fact I was debating the lack of merit in pointing out the widely-known concept of video game beta material as if it were some well-kept secret and using that as a reason for putting any stock in this, and more specifically, the lack of merit in the notion that the former makes the latter feasible despite these games being nearly a decade and a half old and thus bereft of any material of which we are not aware.

It's definitely one of the two, but if your preference is to believe I was simply pissing in the campfire and stomping on the marshmallows for the hell of it, go right ahead.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Because when I posted here on August 3rd - nearly five months ago - I had a vision that you would find this thread in late December and need to complain about someone "ruining someone else's fun" or some such, and so I did what any rational person would do, which is give you that.

That's not a typo, by the way - five months. The question is not "omg why would you come in here and say this isn't real?", the question is why it is somehow just now relevant, to the point of feeling like you're doing something by trying to call me out on it.

Because that's exactly what I was doing.

Either that, or you didn't actually read what I was saying five months ago (again, not a typo) and in fact I was debating the lack of merit in pointing out the widely-known concept of video game beta material as if it were some well-kept secret and using that as a reason for putting any stock in this, and more specifically, the lack of merit in the notion that the former makes the latter feasible despite these games being nearly a decade and a half old and thus bereft of any material of which we are not aware.

It's definitely one of the two, but if your preference is to believe I was simply pissing in the campfire and stomping on the marshmallows for the hell of it, go right ahead.
    Jesus Christ in a sidecar.

You spent that much time coming back and having a go at me for simply pointing out that you came to a thread (however long ago doesn't matter, the point is that you did in the first place) that you clearly only want to scoff at, because you're too logical than the rest of us mere mortals who might not know everything and want to have a harmless bit of fun reading a silly story? I know about Beta material, as do you and as will many others, but a lot of people in this forum might be kids who are playing the games for fun, and cannot be expected to know the intricate ins and outs of video gaming. Does highlighting their lack of knowledge make you feel superior or something? Furthermore, if they want to believe something incorrect to make the story spookier, how about you let them? Are they bringing down western civilistion by believing something incorrect? Are they personally insulting you in any way by believing something incorrect? No. It wouldn't have been so bad if you'd just said your piece and left it, but you felt the need to come back and keep enforcing it, which is what amazed me enough to comment.

Seriously dude, lighten up. I wasn't 'complaining' or 'calling you out' (what is this, a western or a gangland flick? o.O), I was having a bit of a giggle that anyone might even click on a thread apparently just to start an argument, which if anyone looks back a few pages they can clearly see you doing with Bolt. Do you have nothing better to do? And I didn't say 'omg' once, so please don't make me sound like some whingy brat in an attempt to make your argument sound more intellectual, all right? You make it sound like I had a stamping hissy fit and called you a big meanie whereas, if you actually read my bloody post, all I do (very briefly, you're not the subject of my post) is ask why you're only here to pick holes and apply logic to a fun, creepy story which clearly isn't logical in origin.

And yeah, I only came to this thread for the first time last night, and was so caught up in reading the story and all the comments that I didn't check the dates, so forgive me for not noticing that your post was back five months ago. Again, mere mortal.

To stay on topic, I haven't had so much trouble sleeping since watching The Grudge for the first time. Great stuff. I'd heard the theory about Blue's Raticate before, and that was awful enough...

EDIT. I was p'd off when I wrote this, due to another member in another thread giving me needless grief, and have now calmed down. I'd just like to say in the spirit of seasonal goodwill that I respect you, BCVM22, I am sorry if I came off as a little enraged for no reason, and I officially retract any statements that might make you want to continue this argument *bows*
    Last edited by SasakiThePikachu; 29th December 2010 at 11:58 PM.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast