Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mangle the Famous Phrase Above You (Approved By Dramatic Melody)

Default Mangle the Famous Phrase Above You (Approved By Dramatic Melody)

Well, it's time for a new game! In this game you will look at the famous phrase that the last person posted and twist it to say something hilarious, wacky or totally unprofound. For example, if the person above me posted "Nothing is more troublesome to wisdom than too much cunning" I would mangle it to say, "Nothing is more troublesome to wisdom than too much root beer." Also, try to include the who said the quote. (Mine was by a guy named Seneca) I won't shoot you if you don't, though.
    [At least not too much.]

Rules:

Keep it Clean
    Basically, keep the quotes and how you mess up the previous one clean. That means no cussing whatsoever, extremly violent or lewd content. No mentioning human reproductive organs. No using language that the language filter blocks. No evading the language filter, either. Also, please refrain from including any starred out words. (And no that doesn't mean print them without the stars, either.)

Be Polite
    Don't go ridiculing other people's quotes or responses because you think "thtz soo stoopidz, lol." If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Punishment of Evildoers
    1st Strike: A warning from your's truly that will be posted here in this thread and sent to you via PM.
    2nd strike: Three (3) day ban
    3rd strike: One week ban
    If anyone continues to break the rules after their third strike, they will be reported to....*DUH DUH DUH* THE MODS!

About Infractions
    If you have been given an infraction, your name will be posted in the section marked "Infraction List." Your infraction will expire two (2) weeks after it is issued. If you recieve a subsquent infraction while the previous ones are still on the list, the time left on the previous ones will be removed and the expiration date for all the infractions will be changed to two (2) weeks from the date of issue of the new infraction. If you feel that you have been unfairly infracted, please contact me via PM and we will discuss it. DO NOT post in the thread to say that you don't think that you should have been infracted. PM me! If you post in the thread, you will automatically be infracted for posting your complaint

Infraction List
    One Infraction: N/A
    Two Infractions: N/A
    Three Infractions: N/A

Ban List
    N/A

And if anyone needs some help finding a quote, you can use WikiQuote

Alright! Let's get this started!

My quote: "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country" (Charles E. Weller)
    Last edited by ShinySandshrew; 30th December 2010 at 12:44 AM.
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)

Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

"Now is the time for all drunk men to come to the aid of their bar."

"Do. Or do not. There is no try." (Yoda, Star Wars 5 (origanally known as 2)
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Cake, or donut. There is no pie.

Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

Liquidity is the soul of Economics.

Go ahead, make my day. (Clint Eastwood)
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/u3dhc.jpg[/IMG] Thank you Northern Lights for the best sig Ever
    Put this in your sig if you think Reshiram is better than Zekrom!(Started by Zozo1999)

Get Sceptilian Artwork and sprites here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=470456

Pokemon Eggs!Click em please:

Go on ahead, lemme eat some hay.

"Despise the enemy strategically, but take him seriously tactically."
    - Mao Tse-Tung

As we wind on down the road~

Smile

Despise the enemy drunkedly, but eat him seriously tactically

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
    (Mohandas Ghandi)
    Black 2 FC - 5458 7287 9495

"Love is a condition where the happiness of another person is essential to your own" - Robert Heinlein

An eye for an iPod is damn rubbish trade.

There are three types of lies:
    Lies.
    Damned Lies.
    Statistics.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Smile

There are 3 types of pies:
    Apple pie
    Key lime pie
    Cake

Peace begins with a smile.
    (Mother Teresa)
    Black 2 FC - 5458 7287 9495

"Love is a condition where the happiness of another person is essential to your own" - Robert Heinlein

virginity ends with a smile

The environment is everything that isn't me.
    Albert Einstein
    Last edited by Heldigunner1; 23rd June 2010 at 8:02 PM.

The environment is everything that isn't free

|:

"Dude... we can eat that pig"

- Bill Clinton.

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Dude...we can beat that pig.

"And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country" (John F. Kennedy)
    But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
    Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
    See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:13-15)

And so my fellow drunks, ask not what you liquor can do for- ask what you can't do with your liquor.

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
    Robert Frost

A community center is a place were they promise you a monkey and give you a goat.

Four score and seven years ago (Abe Lincoln)
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/u3dhc.jpg[/IMG] Thank you Northern Lights for the best sig Ever
    Put this in your sig if you think Reshiram is better than Zekrom!(Started by Zozo1999)

Get Sceptilian Artwork and sprites here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=470456

Poor wh**e with seven peers to go.

They are armed and well trained.-Dwight d Eisenhower.

Gotta love him.

They have arms but no brains.

"Early to bed and early to rise, keeps a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." Ben Franklin

Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!
    Winston Churchill

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

We shall rest on the beaches, we shall rest on the landing grounds, we shall rest in the fields and in the streets, we shall rest in the hills; we shall rest until they surrender!

Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.-Forrest Gump
    I bought Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty...

then....

Nothing....

Mama always said life was like a bag of revels. You never know when you're gonna get coffee.

They think it's all over...it is now! - Kenneth Wolstenholme

Quote Originally Posted by The 3D RoBot View Post
    Poor wh**e with seven peers to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySandshrew View Post

Rules:

Keep it Clean
    Basically, keep the quotes and how you mess up the previous one clean. That means no excessive cussing, extremly violent or lewd content. Also, please refrain from including any starred out words. (And no that doesn't mean print them without the stars, either.)

Punishment of Evildoers
    1st Strike: A warning from your's truly that will be posted here in this thread
    This is your first warning, The 3D RoBot. Another infraction, and you will be banned for three (3) days. This message will also be sent to you via PM.
    Your infractions will be removed from your "record" after two (2) weeks.
    Last edited by ShinySandshrew; 26th June 2010 at 10:19 PM.

They think it's a zoo... It is a FARM!

The Cake is a lie - Portal
    57% of serebii.net users are smart enough to know that 83% of all signatures involving percentages that say "Copy and paste this into your signature" are fabricated percentages that mean nothing. If you are one of the 57% who know this, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Mew Supporter!) Freerice.com: ending world hunger, one click at a time.
    clicky!

The cake is a tie OM NOM NOM!
    If fighting's sure to result in victory, then you must fight. (Sun Tzu said that and I thinkm that he knows a little bit more about fighting then you do pal, 'cause he invented it.)

If crying is sure to result in victory, then you must cry.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall. (Ronald Reagan)

Mr. Dumpty, have a great fall.

You would make a ship sail against the winds and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I have no time for such nonsense. -Napoleon
    3DS FC: 3024-6140-6327 (please let me know if you add me, so I can add you too)
    Friend Safari is Fire with Pansear, Larvesta, and Braixen.

You would make a twinkie healthy because it would have spinach and Vitamin C? Sounds tastay!

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

Reason is murder but bad.

To be or not to be, that is the question. - Prince Hamlet, Hamlet

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast