Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Old Family Blend! (650)

This was a spectacular episode for me to watch with my morning coffee, on my birthday.

I loved how it was essentially a remake of that Canalave episode but with Oak'd Pokemon.

Got to go now, will post more comments after I finish an exam I have in half an hour.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I love the blatant Heatran. Nice touch.

I've only seen the episode pictures, but this episode looks good. The return of the old Pokemon. I might watch this on Youtube, in pure japanese, just so I can see it.

So how exactly has the league changed?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Zach View Post
    Here's another fact: It's been 240 Episodes since we last saw Ash's Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Totodile and Noctowl...Which was "The Right Place at the Right Mime"...Episode 1 of the Battle Frontier Saga! o_O
    LOL, and its been nearly 400 episodes since Ash's Johto Pokemon have been used in battle.

We haven't seen the Johto starters/Noctowl battle since 2002! LMAO!

Has anyone figured out how ash can have more than 6 Pokemon at a time?

I mean, we only see the reserves arriving from Oak's lab, but his Sinnoh team remains with him, right? Someone please help
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

No, he traded the Sinnoh team over. He traded his Pokemon for the reserves just to train during the episode. He didn't have more than 6 at once.

Love how no one is paying attention to Heatran lol.

So I haven't managed to see it, but is Ash doing some still quick "one shot" training with Glalie, Donphan, Muk, Torkoal, and Noctowl?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    No, he traded the Sinnoh team over. He traded his Pokemon for the reserves just to train during the episode. He didn't have more than 6 at once.
    Oh, but the actual animation of his pokemon being sent over was not seen, right?
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Everyone failed to notice that the guy who trained Gliscor wa sitting next to Cynthia.... Gliscor could be back.

EDIT: I was wrong.

I like how they changed Corphish's Bubblebeam once again. This time to look like the one Piplup uses.

I see a Totodile and Gible rivalry starting.... head biters.

Were Bayleef and Muk always this huge?

Quilava! YES! Aerial Ace, Flamewheel, Eruption, and?
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 24th June 2010 at 8:08 PM.

Kinda short training montage near the end, don'cha think?

Cynthia being there is pretty cool, but the league started off to quick. Heck, the episode was incredibly quick aswell
    Last edited by TrainerOfLegend; 24th June 2010 at 7:44 PM.

Let's do this!

i wish there was a place to watch this episode. i have been waiting for it since it was revealed and from the pics it looks epic. who would have thought cyndaquil would have evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Everyone failed to notice that the guy who trained Gliscor wa sitting next to Cynthia.... Gliscor could be back.
    No, that's not him. The man next to Cynthia is head of all the leagues.

seems like i am the only one to comment on cyndaquils speed which i thought was rather impressive. also liked how independent cyndaquil was shown to be. most pokemon away from their trainer would of gotten flattened just becuase pokemon really need a trainer to know what to do and stuff.

Ok. I am man enough to admit that this episode brought tears to my eyes (still there in fact). Cyndaquil is my favorite Pokemon of Ash's. I was beyond happy to see it, and I was doubly glad that it finally got some respect! Way to go Quilava!

Can't go wrong with Teh Muk action either!

I have to say the music used when Ash was with Muk, et al was really nice. Sort of an instrumental of "Greatest Everyday."

A++++++++++++++
    1000/10

This episode is never leaving my TiVo when it's dubbed.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

So this league really only has 64 participants? Damn.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

That's the guy behind all the leagues. Ash first met him in Kanto while carrying the torch, then Johto and Hoenn.

Yeah I counted all the participants when they were lined up, 64 people.
    Last edited by TrainerOfLegend; 24th June 2010 at 8:08 PM.

Let's do this!

Oh yeah! I remember now thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Yep. Must be tough to get into this league. Obviously we get right off the bat with 3 vs. 3's, and no prelims or doubles.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

So does anyone else think that Cyndaquil only evolved because Dawn obtained one too? Or do you think it would have evolved regardless of this?

I mean out of all the Pokemon Ash happened to get back that were still able to evolve, it had to be the Pokemon that someone else on the cast had as well?
    It seems a little too convenient.

Android Dreams
    ~

I think its disgusting that Sceptile/Swellow and Kingler/Tauros weren't shown at all.

I understand why we didn't see Charizard/Squirtle and Gliscor, but the others?

You gotta love these reunion episodes.
    HG FC: 0775 7828 7119

Can breed for you. Message me using email, since this site slow. Also, doing Wifi Battles, here's my YouTube Channel

Very nice episode and great start for the Sinnoh League!

Quilava, Totodile, Bayleef, Donphan, Snorlax, Noctowl, Heracross, Corphish, Muk... =') I wanna cry! so many memories of my childhood.

64 trainers is enough, I think this will be a very decent LEague.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LOL, and its been nearly 400 episodes since Ash's Johto Pokemon have been used in battle.

We haven't seen the Johto starters/Noctowl battle since 2002! LMAO!
    Hint: A Pokemon who doesn't battle for a long time doesn't degrade in strength the longer it doesn't battle.

Now if you'd please, would you stop envying the fact the three starters had the biggest roles (alongside Corphish) of this episode and stop worrying that your precious Kanto & Hoenn Mascots are nowhere to be seen so far?

Anyway, now for my comments:

- I actually didn't know this was gonna take place on the island the competition is happening at.

- Haha, good to see you Kohei, I guess.

- You too Jun! You really should have done a lot more though. Stop hiding your Rapidash, we all know you have it!

- Team Rocket's disguises get crappier, and crappier, and crappier, and crappier...

- How did the Pokemon get out of their Pokeballs? And why didn't they all stick together? By now, they should all know each other and would have known better than to wander off on their own.

- Corphish, did you gain weight?

- Totodile! God, look at you! Have you changed your personality? What wonders a few years off can do to a Pokemon!

- I feel bad for Snorlax, being reduced to a Lazy, greedy stereotype this particular Snorlax abandoned years ago. See what happens when you don't rotate Ash?

- I was actually expecting Bayleef to be Muk when Jun talked about getting Assaulted.

- GRAAAAAAAAH!!!! This ruined the episode for me..... (continued in spoiler tag)

Spoiler:- Big Problem:

- I can see the anime producers know the taint of 4Kids has long since washed away. There was tons of fake text usage all over the place, and TR's mecha used an awful lot of sharp objects. Drills? Chainsaws? That's what I call hardcore!

- This is the first time I saw Water Gun's new animation, and it fit in with Totodile really well.

- I actually forgot what a Quilava looks like other than that stock Sugimori art which was cliche'dly used in the manga adaptation.

- And unlike the manga adaptation, NOBODY gave that stupid and unfitting "Slack-Jawed" expression to Cyndaquil's evolution! Its sorta like Ash was expecting it to happen any time.

- I am a bit bummed Muk, Glalie, Torkoal & Donphan didn't do anything other than their freeze frame appearances, but at least seemingly all Pokemon, including those not in the opening, are being used (all thanks to Heracross being used in the Naoshi fight).

- Why bother including Professor Goodshow if he won't do anything? The regional leagues NEVER depended on him.

- Look at Cynthia, just her presence tells me SOMEONE is gonna battler her, and that battle will be the focus of the episode.

- No sign of Gary... *sigh*

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    - No sign of Gary... *sigh*
    Why should Gary be there?

He's off pursuing his own interests.

Android Dreams
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think its disgusting that Sceptile/Swellow and Kingler/Tauros weren't shown at all.

I understand why we didn't see Charizard/Squirtle and Gliscor, but the others?
    I think it's disgusting how you think the league victory rests SOLELY on Sceptile & Swellow, especially since Torterra & Mukuhawk are superior to them (Torterra can stand a better chance against Fire, and Mukuhawk has a better movepool).

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I think it's disgusting how you think the league victory rests SOLELY on Sceptile & Swellow, especially since Torterra & Mukuhawk are superior to them (Torterra can stand a better chance against Fire, and Mukuhawk has a better movepool).
    So we didn't deserve to see what Sceptile/Swellow and Kingler were up to?

WTF? Sceptile and Swellow were Ash's LONGEST LASTING pokemon in the show.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast