Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: An Old Family Blend! (650)

Gotta love Oak's senior moment lol! I loved how they kept all of the Japanese bg. They even played the instrumental of Greatest Everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by 9Tales View Post
    Well, I was pleased with this one. We haven't seen Ash's old Pokemon in I dunno how long. And nice to see Corphish's original Eng. voice actor is back, right?
    I also gotta admit, the TR Trio actually seem smarter when it comes to Pokemon League tournaments. Rather than come up with stupid uses for the Pokemon they intend to steal, they just go with their guts and figure they'll steal as many rare and Powerful Pokemon as they can for their boss.
    I think dat's not right.
    あなたが翻訳機を使用している?

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggator View Post
    Oh....Well, at any rate, it was a good episode, right? I mean, the title doesn't feel like one of those lame pun titles.

Awe yeah, now this is what we've all been waiting for. The Sinnoh League is finally here! Been looking forward to ever since Ash got his 8th Badge which wasnt too long ago haha.

Plus, when Brock said Pokemon trainers all over the world come to watch the league, it got me wondering if other generations past Gen 4 and 5 are watching. :P

One of the most random moments was the appearance of Conway, and showing up behind Dawn's back. Total Creeper, but it's awesome to see him again. I suppose he's competing too, since he's in the trainers village.

And then Barry comes up later in the episode, and says hes been attacked by a Pokemon. I only wonder who that could be. : P

What I looked forward too the most about this episode were the Pokemon that Ash is going to use. The first five that came back onto the show; Corphish, Totodile, Snorlax, Bayleef and Cyndaquil.

While Heracross was meant to be sent over (by Bayleef's doing), it was hilarious when it looked like it was eating Professor Oaks hair after not realizing Heracross. And it was also wonderful to see Bulbasaur, though when it was being invaded by Heracross to eat its sap.

Bayleef, however, was probably my favorite return. All because she wanted to see Ash again, and its literally been forever since the last time Ash visited his Pokemon. I call that an absolute bond between Trainer and Pokemon. Bayleef is so awesome, I went awww when she gave Ash affection and refused to go back in the PokeBall. Such a sweet Pokemon, and an awesome one. <3

Totodile and Corphish weren't all that bad to see, and I was happy to see Totodile chomp on Ash's head haha If only Gible were there, he'd have someone who likes doing the same thing; biting Ash's head! Shame Torterra can't do that anymore though but oh well.

Snorlax was awesome as usual. Just eating the food and being lazy. Plus, I couldnt stop myself from cracking up when Snorlax was just lazy and sleepy when Ash and everyone was facing Team Rocket. Just sat there but seem to give TR's mecha some damage. Just loved that. xD

And then Cyndaquil, I loved seeing it's amazing speed while facing Team Rocket. Probably the most shocking thing was when TR was so strong, all it could do in a critical moment was... evolving! Now we have a fired up Quilava. It's voice wasn't too bad I suppose, but Im gonna miss the cute "Cyndaquil" voice. And Im sure Dawn's Cyndaquil isnt gonna show up anymore. I'd also love it if those two even met, but meh.

Then the next 5 Pokemon arrive to Ash, and whom Ive very happy to see again; Glalie, Torkoal, Noctowl, Muk and I believe Heracross this time. I enjoyed seeing the gags again, like Glalie freezing Ash, and Muk glomping him. So awesome. x3

Then at last! At the end of the episode, the Sinnoh League and the lighting of the Torch is finally commenced! It's has been some time since the last league opening, and I cant believe how exciting this is. And, we have Nando, Conway, Barry... and even Paul who are all competing with Ash. Once the Round 1 matches were pulled up, first up for Ash's Round 1 battle:

Ash VS Nando

Gonna be a interesting battle of course, but it's a shame their battle starts so soon. Ah well, looking forward to the League rounds to finally start.

Wonderful episode overall however. Many of Ash's Pokemon return to onscreen, and it's great to see them again. : ) And Cyndaquil's evolving and learning Eruption was an exciting part. But really, the opening ceremony of the League was the most amazing sight. ^^

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It was great episode. We get see Ash's Pokemon and Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava. The first match up is Ash vs. Nando, I can't wait to see that.

So after more 200 episodes or so, Ash's Cyndaquil finally evolves? Wow, I find that kinda pathetic. Bayleef, Totodile, and Snorlax put a smile on my face the moment I saw them. Gotta love the Heatran and Jigglypuff cameos.

Okay, is it just me, or does Quilava sound exactly like Stitch? Now that I think about it, I can't remember them ever showing any Quilava in any episode ever, but then again I did miss most of the early Johto episodes so I might have missed it.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quilava appeared in early DP, in a tag battle episode. Piplup and Turtwig Vs Quilava and Croconaw, owned by the Champ Twins!

Awesome episode. Wish we could of seen Dawn's Cyndaquil bond a bit with Ash's and seen more of Bulbasaur though!
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

This episode was good. It was awesome to see all of Ash's pokemon again. It was kinda about time Cyndaquil evolved.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This was a bad episode! I raised my expectations high when I heard about a reunion of Ash's old Pokemon but I was disappointed, unfortunately.
    Approximately four fifths of this week's episode consisted of Ash looking for and chasing after his Pokemon which got lost once again...Not only was the plot pretty unspectacular and confusing, it was also shocking how childishly all of Ash's Johto Pokemon were portrayed. I never really liked his Johto team anyways, but this time it was even worse:
    -Bayleef literally sounded like a baby and they better call her Baby-leef or something like that.
    -Totodile hasn't improved yet and still only knows Water Gun as his signature Water-type attack. No improvement at all! Paul would call it pathetic and I guess Totodile really is Ash's weakest Pokemon.
    -Corphish and Snorlax were ..oh well...nothing to get excited about
    -And last but not least we saw Cindaquil which turned out to still be a coward. His evolution into Quilava was nice but somehow felt unnecessary considering that it's going to be rarely used in the league.

To sum up, the first part of the episode was way too childish and after so many great, profound episodes we actually shouldn't get episodes like this one anymore!

The only positive aspect was the opening ceremony which I think was the most impressive one of all ceremonies so far!

And of course, you've probably guessed already which little scene saved my day and made up for an otherwise disappointing episode? :-p One little hint: It wasn't the Wailord blimp :P

Considering how great the "introductory episode" for the Grand Festival was, I have to say that today's episode didn't achieve its potential and thus fell short of my expectations.
    Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the great battles that will await us and, of course, to a lot of Cynthia!

6 out of 10 points (including "Cynthia-bonus". Otherwise I wouldn't have given that many points)
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I loved this episode, BayLeef back and was all over Ash, so cute *Awe* Than we saw Conway/Barry/Paul again gah and at the end of the league HAHA Paul looking at Ash when he wasn't looking at him Comashipping FYI. Oh and I loved Oak was all, no way am I getting old like thatXD And was it me or did Oaks voice sound like James? Maybe I'm hearing things. I loved all of Ash's old Pokemon again, Snorlax cracked me up, he took down Team Rocket without taking any orders HAHA. And an evolution?? Wow. Yah, my favorite episode this series so far.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Here we are.. Pokemon league time once more, where we Trainers hold their head up high. Great episode,.. we got to see some old friends, and the beggining of the league. Well done this round,.. I always get goosebumps at the opening ceremonies just like i did way back with the Kanto League's opening ceremony.

Here we go!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Finally the Sinnoh League is here. How I've waited for this day for a while now. I dislike Quilava's voice as well as Cyndaquil's but the rest of the episode was pretty good. My favorite part had to be Snorlax using Body Slam and then rolling over to get out of the way of the action. It looked to cute there.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It was wonderful to see the old gang again. I noticed Bayleef's voice hasn't changed. It's the same high pitch voice from a decade ago. Speaking of which, I don't recall the last time Bayleef had an appearance. Anyways, anyone noticed Heracross' upper half horn was missing when he was sucking the sap out of Bulbasaur? And "High Touch" played as well and it was amazing to see the league standout like that. I'm looking forward to these next 7 weeks. (the other two weeks aren't Leagues though)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Gotta love Oak's senior moment lol! I loved how they kept all of the Japanese bg. They even played the instrumental of Greatest Everyday!
    Indeed. After the musical disaster (in comparison to the dub) that was the match vs. Volkner, I was impressed with this.

Hopefully it carries on throughout the league. The "main" battle of the league (don't want to spoil for dub-only watchers) was made by the music, at times it just fit perfectly.

Finally, we've been waiting for four years, and the Sinnoh League is finally here.

This episode was a huge nostalgic throwback. It was great to see all of Ash's old Pokemon again. Cyndaquil evolving was awesome, but I hate it's voice.

The ending was the best part of the episode. The lighting of the torch was epic with The Greatest Everyday instrumental. Definitely hyped for this arc.

8.5/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

-Usually I like "reunion" episodes, but this 1 was really bland to me! Is it just me or are these voice actors even trying? They sound like they're just reading from the script in there cringing voices! Especially Team Rocket's! They are really killin' me with their annoying a**es! and the rhyming.....damn! It's sickening! Plus the dialogue was just "WTF" Like a bunch of elementary school kids wrote it! At least wit 4kids actors they put feeling into it and the dialogue most of the time makes since to some adults as well as young adults and teens not just only for kids!

-Man I missed Oak's original voice actor! The one that also voices DP's James isn't cuttin it for me! But it was good to see 'em as well as the Pokemon, and the trainers!

-Heatrans at the league? And they're considered legendary? GTFOH!
    -The only other decent thing about the ep. aside from the Pokemon reunions was the opening ceremony! I was surprised they placed the Japanese version opening which I liked better!

50/100 for me. Hope the league eps are better!

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    It was wonderful to see the old gang again. I noticed Bayleef's voice hasn't changed. It's the same high pitch voice from a decade ago. Speaking of which, I don't recall the last time Bayleef had an appearance. Anyways, anyone noticed Heracross' upper half horn was missing when he was sucking the sap out of Bulbasaur? And "High Touch" played as well and it was amazing to see the league standout like that. I'm looking forward to these next 7 weeks. (the other two weeks aren't Leagues though)
    Bayleef's last appearance was The Right Place And The Right Mime. at the end of Hoenn.

My favourite part was how they played the Sympothinic (spelling???) Melody 2 in the background as Cyndaquil evolved and when the torch was lit. So glad that song makes it into the dub. I think it also played in the final Grand Festival episode? but not sure. Love that song so much.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

The episode was perfect simply because I saw that little cutie Bayleef, love her.

Razor Leaf should've definitely been Magical Leaf, shame...
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

great episode liked the interation of Ash pokemon ,i love Cyndaquil and Bayleaf voices and finally Cyndaquil evolved.

and some one had a Heatran 0.O,i find funny some people are entering whit pokemon like Wingull.
    Last edited by Linkdarkside; 21st November 2010 at 7:32 PM.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Well, since it's almost the holidays, I'll give you guys an early gift and not write a super long essay about this episode! I'm just a bit tired so I'll just to a standard review. I really liked this episode, despite the dub featuring Professor Oak and his terrible voice that makes me want to rip my ears off. I think it was a good episode that built some character development for certain Pokemon on Ash's team. Ash and friends finally arrived on Lily of the Valley Island and Ash registered for the Sinnoh League at last. Paul, Barry, Nando, and Conway were all revealed to have obtained eight badges, which was predictable. I loved seeing Conway again though! He's as creepy as ever. I was surprised to see Ash decide to use his older Pokemon along with his newer Pokemon, but the fact that Charizard didn't return was a bit upsetting. Ash got his Pokemon transferred over from Oak's lab but then chaos ensued! Team Rocket messed with Ash but Ash's Cyndaquil was revealed to be able to use Flame Wheel now and then it actually evolved into Quilava at last! Nice to see Eruption again, thanks to Quilava. I liked the opening ceremony since there was tons of flashing lights and excitement in the air. We learned that Ash was to fight Nando in the first rounds, which is something I'm looking forward to! This was one great episode I tell you what. It gets a 8/10.

It wasn't just Oak's voice that was bad- they really overdid the electronic ring to simulate him being on the monitor.

Other than that, a pretty good episode, and liked the keeping of the BGM, which was very well done.

One other thing of note, some of you discussing Quilava's voice- even though it's Bill Rogers doing the voice, he's going for the exact same style that Eric Stuart used for the various Quilavas throughout Johto and Hoenn, which still sounds a little strange, but not at all bad.

After a LONG absense, CYNDAQUIL EVOLVED... FINALLY! I knew that it was going to evolve before I watched this episode, and as I watched Cyndaquil dodging Team Rocket, I yelled, Evolve Cyndaquil Evolve! And it finally did! Yay!

Haha at the end Ash was like, "Conway!! Nando!!! BARRY!!!! ........ and Paul too......"
    As if Paul is poison or something.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Was a nice episode with cyndaquil evolving. But just cant wait for Ash and Nando's battle!!! Its gonna be awesome

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast