Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: An Old Family Blend! (650)

Damn, took this thing long enough to respond to me...

Still, I "think" I can remember everything that happened in this...

- So we've arrived at the Sinnoh League. Took them long enough...
    - Ash wastes no time getting himself registered at the PC, & he begins making plans for his team for the first round.
    - Goddamn! This place has all-you-can-eat restaurants, five-star quality hotels, the whole nine yards!
    - As they're all awed by all the features that this island offeres, Dawn gets a surprise visit by none other than Conway. Go away, you @#$%ing stalker!!
    - Inside their hotel room, Ash makes contact with Professor Oak, to check out all of his Pokémon.
    - Shortly afterward, Ash & his friends head out to get his team rearranged. Looks like he's actually going to listen to me after all!
    - Thing is, the attendant that's rearranging his team is very suspicious by our standards...
    - This "attendant" runs off to double-check his team, but in reality, she's Jessie from Team $^%&ing Rocket! I'm getting sick & tired of this...!
    - The real attendant comes by, clueless as to what has happened, & she tells them that she's the only person working here! That practically @#$^&-slaps Ash square on.
    - They all rush outside, & right on cue, they found them & blow them away. But alas, poor Ash, his Pokémon aren't inside their balls.
    - Now they've got to find them. Thankfully, they've found two of them almost immediately - his Corphish & his Totodile.
    - His third one was inside a kitchen in one of the restaurants on the island, & guess what this one is? It's his Snorlax! He got it inside his ball, & apologizes to the baffled chefs.
    - During the search for Pokémon #4, they come across an agitated Barry, who got thwacked on his head for something, & is venting out on Ash. This guy needs a tranquilizer, like right now.
    - They move along, ignoring Barry's hollow threats, & soon enough, Pokémon #4 finds him! It was none other than Bayleef, the one we all know which loves Ash to death.
    - Now then, where's #5? Well...
    - ...It's in a pickle in the shape of TR's multi-armed mecha. That Pokémon happens to be his Cyndaquil.
    - At first, TR have a damn hard time catching it, but, much to Cyndaquil's dismay, their mecha is fire-proof... or is it really?
    - However, that puff of smoke gave away their positions to Ash & the gang, & they make a beeline over there to help.
    - Ash wastes no time in getting Bayleef to incapacitate their mecha by Razor Leafing their arms, thus severing them.
    - But... their arms regenerated, with wvwn more vicious weapons. They try again, but their attack is nullified by the mecha's digger drill & chainsaw.
    - Even worse, that mecha is also shock-proof, thus Pikachu is useless here.
    - Now TR manages to get Cyndaquil backed into a corner, but they get a surprise of their lives... Cyndaquil starts glowing white, &...
    - Upgrade to Quilava is now complete! Even better is that he now has Eruption.
    - Surprise! Their mecha isn't entirely fire-proof, as it can't withstand Quilava's Eruption & gets blown into tiny bits.
    - Now that everybody's accounted for, Ash returns to Oak to finally get his team set up for the league.
    - Once everything is said & done, the Sinnoh League is beginning, & everyone is here, including Nando, Conway, Barry, & of course, we can't forget Ash's punk #$% @%$$# rival, Paul.
    - The first round lineups are out, & already Ash is getting to fight someone important, & that would be Nando.

Looks like this league is going to have a strong start this time, & I couldn't ask for more. That means this will get the hot lead flying all over the place, almost like a full-blown war that scales the whole world!

wow just went to bulbapedia to read the episode article and it look like there was a Jeffrey
    from Gymbaliar cameo.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Lovd this episode loved all the old pokemon coming back and also the way they got them back. Also great to see professor oak as well and Conway Barry as well(im gonna fine you ^_^) and also Nando. Kinda a filler but also getting ready for the league as well

I hope Ash uses Glalie in the sinnoh league

I always enjoy these episodes where we see Ash's old pokemon.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I loved ths ep for the nostalgia of seeing Ash's pokemon again. I loved the Movie 9 music playing when they found Toto and Corphish. I also loved that I could immediately recognise Totodile's pokeball, Heracross' slurping and I could even remember such an unimportant characteritic such as Bayleef's spicy scent. It almost makes me releived to find few Sinnoh pokemon about in this episode. Quilava evolved and learned Eruption and Flame Wheel (as well as Aerial Ace from the next episode). Its voice is incredibly weird and was the worst part of the ep but Im fine with about 10 years of due development in one episode. We also see Glalie(I don't think we've seen any Glalie since that poacher trying to steal Snorunt in Battle Dimension) and Torkoal(I dont even remember when this last appeared, probably a contest cameo). Donphan looked awesome with its Rollout and Ash's favourite Shiny pokemon flies the Sinnoh skies.
    I find it funny that everyone was so hyped by the Heatran, Quilava and Nostalgia to notice the wonderful stadiums and fireworks display. The colour of fireworks matched the three lake pokemon of Sinnoh. It also matches Dialga, Palkia and Giritina's colours. The big stadium in the middle could also represent the big daddy Arceus. Cynthia was there to, proving how big the Sinnoh League is. Im ready for a big, epic, dramatic and climatic league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

This episode was good. It was cool to see Ash re-bonding with all of his reserve Pokemon again. There were so many funny moments throughout this episode. It was odd to see a Heatran inside of the Pokemon Center. Creepy Conway ends up popping up to say he is in the Pokemon League too. It was funny when they found Totodile and he bit on top of Ash's head. During the battle with TR, Cyndaquil FINALLY evolved into Quilava! It was cool when Quilava learned Eruption during the battle. The Pokemon interaction montage was really cool and funny.

97/100

The Sinnoh League! Finally we're here! It felt like forever!

Glad we got to see a number of Ash's old Pokemon in this episode!

Also, who can forget the random Heatran appearance! Just there like it's not a legendary at all! I can just guess what Heatran is thinkign right there: "I'm a legendary! I ain't gotta explain ****!"

Absolutely nof offense to any Ash fans here, but when he said "were going to win this!", I couldn't help but think "Ash, these days, you couldn't win a Pokemon league if it came up behind you and kicked you 100 times!" Again, no offense to any Ash fans! It was just what I thought when he said that!
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

Aww, its nice to see Ash's old Pokemon again =3 i really missed it xD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was very good. Glad that Ash signed up for the Pokemon League. It was very odd to see Heatran there though. It was awesome to see Ash's old Pokemon again. Team Rocket trying to steal Ash's Pokemon was annoying. It looks like Bayleef still loves Ash to bits. It was incredibly surprising to see Ash's Cyndaquil finally evolve into a God Damn Quilava. Cool to see more of Ash's Pokemon in the little montage at the end of the episode. Cool to see that Ash is facing Nando in the first round.

I would watch this episode every day. But Kingler is not here

The chosen ones (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirperas View Post
    I would watch this episode every day. But Kingler is not here
    Agreed 100%.

Well Totodile didn't evolve in this episode.
    Dance Party!

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    Well Totodile didn't evolve in this episode.
    At least Cyndaquil did.

I really loved this episode, seeing most of Ash's old pokemon appear again. Bayleef! Totodile! Torkoal! Corphish! All favorites of mine. Plus, Cyndaquil finally evolves after TEN years, about time. I wish it didn't have that same awful voice as the quilava from the Silver Conference did, though. And hello Conway. o_O

9/10
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15 NEW!! 7/24
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

Awesome episode! Great to see so many of Ash's old Pokémon. I totally agree about Quilava's voice, I wish it sounded cuter like Cyndaquil's did. I loved seeing Bayleef again, she's one of my favourite of Ash's Pokémon. Excited for the battle with Nando next!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I've never liked the fact Cyndaquil evolved.

The main reason for me is because during Johto Cyndaquil was portrayed as an incredibly powerful basic stage Pokemon gaining many wins against powerful Pokemon. For me, if it was going to evolve it should have evolved during then obviously since it is 10x more fitting to evolve during the time it's used and most gaining a lot of wins.

Once Cyndaquil was brought back for this episode and evolved, it felt like all of that development and strength Cyndaquil showed in Johto was for nothing since the idea of it being a strong basic stage Pokemon was for nothing. The idea of it having absolutely no on-screen battles since Johto up until this episode feels obsurb that it would evolve in my opinion, and yes I understand a crisis can cause evolution in the anime, but regardless i'm sure the writers evolved Cyndaquil in this episode because they knew it should have happened in Johto. I agree, it should have happened in Johto but it didn't and doing it in this episode was WAY too late for my liking, infact i almost come to the point where I despise the fact it happened.

People might not object to the idea of other Pokemon evolving so sudden on return, but Cyndaquil evolving in this episode to me is like bringing Ash's Bulbasaur or Squirtle back after no on-screen battles and evolving them right off the back.

Default An Old Family Blend!

In this episode, Ash and co. finally arrived at Lily of the Vally island, where the Sinnoh League will take place. Wasting no time, Ash heads to the Pokémon Center to register for the Sinnoh League. Nurse Joy takes Ash's Pokédex and recives his trainer data on the computer, officialy registering him for the Sinnoh League participation. Nurse Joy tries to give Ash the Key Card of his room, but Brock grabs her hands and starts hitting on her. Judging by Brock's facial expressions, it seemed that he's gonna kiss Nurse Joy.....but before he could do it, Croagunk Poison Jabbed him on the back! Ash gets the Key Card from Nurse Joy and leaves the Pokémon Center. Just when Ash and Co. were making their way to their room, Conway shows up behind Dawn's back all of sudden! Geez, that was random, I wasn't expecting Conway from the Summer Camp to participate in the Sinnoh League. He still has the Creepy personality, as well as his creepy crush on Dawn.

After getting in their room, Dawn, along with her Piplup, jumps on the bed and Ash calls Prof. Oak for trasferring his Pokémon. In the Pokémon transfer room, Team Rocket(disguised as the operators)tricks Ash and co. and manages to still his Pokéballs. Team Rocket were trying to get away, but Pikachu's Thuderbolt sends them flying, along with the Pokéballs. Somehow all the Pokémon comes out of their Pokéballs and gets seperated, so the gang starts searching for the Pokémon.
    It's funny when Prof. Oak ended up sending some other Pokémon(Bayleef?) instead of Heracross. I LOL'd at scene where it was eating Professor Oaks head ( O_o ). Also, it was great to see Bulbasaur again, too bad Heracross was disturbing him by eating his sap.

Seeing Bayleef again was good! As usual, she gave Ash affection and refused to go back in her PokeBall. But Ash returned her anyway

Seeing Totodile and Corphish again was cool as well, I liked how Totodile was chomping on Ash's head. It reminded me of a certain Dragon-Type Pokémon, who likes doing the same thing....biting Ash's head!
    Snorlax was just as same as before, eating the food and being sleepy. It's funny when he was eating all the food from the kitchen and Ash scolded him for that.

And then there's Cyndaquil, it's shocking when it evolved into a Quilava for stopping Team Rocket! I loved how it learned Eruption and beat the heck out of Team Rocket, it's about time Cyndaquil evolved. Now we have a fired up Quilava. Ash's Quilava is definitely better(and stronger) than Dawn's Quilava.

It's so awesome to see Glalie, Torkoal, Shiny Noctowl again. I enjoyed seeing Ash training with them, it's funny when Glalie froze Ash in a chunk of ice.

The opening ceremony of the League was most amazing, It's been a while since the Hoenn league opening ceremony(which was not as good as the Sinnoh Leage opening ceremony), so the Sinnoh League opening was exciting to me. We got to see Nando, Conway, Barry and Paul... who are all gonna compete in the Sinnoh League too. After the first Round matches were pulled up on the screen, it's revealed that Ash will face Nando in the first Round and the episode ended.

Overall, this was a really awesome episode. It's great to see some Ash's old Pokemon again. I liked how Ash was willing to use his old Pokémon instead of just using the Pokémon he caught in Sinnoh, it's something he didn't think before participating in the Hoenn League and the Unova League. Also, Ash's Cyndaquil evolving was the best part of this episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567