Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: An Old Family Blend! (650)

I found the whole Cyndaquil evolution sequence of events here to be forced. He had his moments of glory in Johto, but he hadn't done anything since then. So him suddenly having the experience needed to evolve left a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    I found the whole Cyndaquil evolution sequence of events here to be forced. He had his moments of glory in Johto, but he hadn't done anything since then. So him suddenly having the experience needed to evolve left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I think Ash's Cyndaquil evolved as a way of further promoting HG/SS tbh.

Piplup flipping out over the missing Pokemon was the best, along with Snorlax's "fall/roll over" attack. I thought it was nice to see all of the Pokemon being used at the end, and Cyndaquil's evolution was awesome too.

After rewatching the Sinnoh League (for about the millionth time) I've come to the conclusion that the writers brought back all of Ash's old mons as a kind of final farewell, because, literally every pokemon that's not Pikachu (please note that Charizard DID NOT appear in this league) that appeared in this league hasn't appeared or been mentioned since (outside of the last BW episode).

With that in mind this episode kind of makes me sad and happy at the same time.
        Spoiler:- The Hardest Battle in Pokemon History!!:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist
    Ah, the untoppable battle, from which no other battle can take the crown. Charizard - X vs. Ash-Greninja? Pikachu vs. Latios? Those were mere side events compared to that battle.
    Who or What is Bewear?
    "Bewear doesn't need a plane- it'll either just run on water or fly there. The thing is either Arceus or Mew in disguise, remember..."
    "In disguise? Bewear is it's own thing, and it's something that has far surpassed Arceus or Mew."
    "No, Arceus and Mew answer to Bewear."
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Plot twist: That Bewear is Lusamine's.
    Calling it now (11/7/17): Faba is a spy for Team Rocket's Alolan Branch, which will soon rebrand itself as Team Rainbow Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipper4242 View Post
    After rewatching the Sinnoh League (for about the millionth time) I've come to the conclusion that the writers brought back all of Ash's old mons as a kind of final farewell, because, literally every pokemon that's not Pikachu (please note that Charizard DID NOT appear in this league) that appeared in this league hasn't appeared or been mentioned since (outside of the last BW episode).

With that in mind this episode kind of makes me sad and happy at the same time.
    Muk appeared before the final BW episode, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbs2 View Post
    Muk appeared before the final BW episode, does that count?
    Ash's Muk? Than my point is totally out the window :

My bad.
    Last edited by Zipper4242; 5th September 2017 at 3:22 PM.
        Spoiler:- The Hardest Battle in Pokemon History!!:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist
    Ah, the untoppable battle, from which no other battle can take the crown. Charizard - X vs. Ash-Greninja? Pikachu vs. Latios? Those were mere side events compared to that battle.
    Who or What is Bewear?
    "Bewear doesn't need a plane- it'll either just run on water or fly there. The thing is either Arceus or Mew in disguise, remember..."
    "In disguise? Bewear is it's own thing, and it's something that has far surpassed Arceus or Mew."
    "No, Arceus and Mew answer to Bewear."
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Plot twist: That Bewear is Lusamine's.
    Calling it now (11/7/17): Faba is a spy for Team Rocket's Alolan Branch, which will soon rebrand itself as Team Rainbow Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipper4242 View Post
    I do feel that Satoshi's old Pokemon came back in this episode as a kind of last big gathering. And while they did all show up again at the end of Best Wishes, it was in a photo, so we didn't really get to see their interactions with each other or with Satoshi. At least in this episode they all managed to get some attention before the Shinou League commenced.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678