Thread: Fan Fiction Review Game: Shipping Edition

Default Fan Fiction Review Game: Shipping Edition

Introduction
    Hello fellow shippers, welcome to Fan Fiction Review Game: Shipping Edition. After much discussion in the Author's Cafe, we've decided to go ahead with the review game to help boost some activity in the shipping section. The Review Game in the main shipping section was very successful, although as of now it's inactive it was a great way to promote quality reviews. How this works is that the last person who posted gets one of their chapters of a fan fic or an entire one-shot/drabble gets reviewed by the next poster. The next poster can then ask for either a chapter of their fic or a one-shot/drabble to be reviewed. This thread has been approved and moderated by Skiyomi.

Step One: Read the fic posted by the previous poster. Reserve if you wish.
    Step Two: Review the fic. Please post a link or quote review if possible.
    Step Three: Inform which a chapter/one-shot/drabble you would like reviewed. Please provide a link if possible.
    Step Four: Somebody will review your fic and the cycle will go on.

Rules
    Reviews and fics requested to be reviewed must be posted in Serebii Shipping Fic Section.

Any fanfiction in this section can be reviewed. This includes crossovers and non-pokemon stories.

Shipping discrimination and flaming is discouraged. All flames will be reported.

Reserving reviews are allowed, but your review must be completed within a 24 hour period from the time you reserve the review. You cannot post a link to the fic you would like reviewed until your review is complete to prevent boycotting.

Drabbles can be reviewed. If you review a drabble, please quote a copy of the review in your post when you request a fic to be reviewed.

Please ensure your review is of full quality. Aim to keep your review no shorter than three paragraphs and one for drabbles. Think about the concepts of the story you're reading.

Tips
    Think about the opening of the fic. What were your first impressions? Were you hooked or were you pushed away?

How did the ending make you feel. Did you feel it was a good ending or did you feel it was unfinished?

Was there any scenes that stood out for you? What was your favourite scene and what was your least favourite scenes.

How is the dialogue? Are they saying things you don't think they would normally say?

Are the characters in character. What impression do the characters give to you?

Are the relationships and shippyness natural or forced?

What do you think of the writing in general? Can you spot any techniques? Is the grammar & Spelling good? Did you spot any typos or mistakes?

What about the plot? Do you find it original or clichéd. Is it executed well? Any ideas how to make it better or are you not sure what to think of it?

Did you enjoy the fic in general? How did the fan fic make you feel? Are you able to talk about the pros and cons of the fic and what do you like or dislike about the fic?

Was there anything you weren't sure about? Let them know in a review.

Helpful Links
    The General Fan Fiction Review Game
    Skiyomi's Review Guide

Okay, we'll start with Chapter Four of The Other King and see how this goes.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 18th April 2014 at 11:21 PM.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

I'm gonna go ahead and reserve reviewing chapter 4 of The Other King. My review's already partially typed up so it should be finished and posted soon, upon which point I will edit this post.

EDIT: Here's my review for Chapter 4 of The Other King.

For the next reviewer, how about Chapter 1 of Diary of a Dragon.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Skiyomi; 5th March 2014 at 12:30 AM.

I'll join in since I think this is a cool idea.

Could I reserve reviewing Skiyomi's story? I'll update this post once I got my review down.

For the next wonderful person could you please read Chapter One of Masquerade? I was going to suggest chapter ten but I realized it has too many factors from past chapters that maybe nothing would make sense.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: My review is now posted.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 7th March 2014 at 4:53 AM.

I know I've already reviewed at least one of your chapters for Masquerade, but I'm going to reserve a review and make a more better and specific one for the first chapter.

Edit: Review for chapter one has been posted.

Next reviewer can have a choice between Chapter Six of Thy Wish Will Come or Chapter 2 Of The Other King.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 11th March 2014 at 1:59 PM.

Advancers Tumblr

I hope you're not too disappointed it's me again, but I want to keep this going. So here are my thoughts on Chapter Six of Thy Wish Will Come.

For the next reviewer, I'd love it if you could share your thoughts on my Xellos/Filia (Slayers) oneshot The Man of My Nightmares from my Summer Nights collection. Thank you very much in advance!

Reviewed The Man Of My Nightmares by Skiyomi.

The next reviewer can review whatever shipping fic they want that I've done.

Advancers Tumblr

I'm going to go ahead and reserve a review for ChloboShoka, since I do have one in mind. Been meaning to participate since I was all for this, so today seems to be a good day for that.

EDIT: Here ya go.

While I honestly would like something on the entirety of the story thus far, because it's long enough as it is, I'd like the next poster to review up to chapter three on Handle with Care, please. Though you are free to read as much as you like.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 19th April 2014 at 1:49 AM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.