Thread: Missed Call

Default Missed Call

Rating: PG
    Pokeshipper9000 here! As you may know, yesterday marks the 17th anniversary where Ash and Misty first met! I decided to make a fic about it right here. It takes place in Kalos/Kanto where Misty is in Kanto and Ash is in Kalos, obviously.
    Misty's POV

Did he forget?

No, he couldn't have...not for the 4th time. Out of all the times we had this day he was super busy so I could understand. This time he has to answer me though..we haven't talked in ages.
    He knows your phone number, address, region, city, time, Misty, he just doesn't want to talk to you. My conscious lurked into my thoughts, trying to lower myself esteem. Well, that is what it does best. I remember every April First for the past few 4 years, I would stand next to the PC for hours just waiting for a call from Ash. That's the guy, Ash Ketchum.
    Surely he isn't busy now. He has got to call.

He hasn't though, the day is almost over, and I've been staring at the clock forever now.

"Misty get to bed, it's like eleven pm." Daisy stood infront of me, hands on her hips and agitated. "You go to bed, don't worry about me." I said, crouching down, knees drawn to my chest. She flipped her silky, gold, hair and swifted into the next room, and I could hear her murmer "Whatever."

I then thought, hey, why don't I call him? I shouldn't be, but I just want to hear from him. Hear his sweet tone that used to ring by me every night I think about him. I haven't heard his voice since the last time we talked, probably in Sinnoh I think?
    I wanted to see his sharp, raven hair, that matched the pitch darkness of my empty soul, lonely with out him. I sound depressing, right? Well, obviously I am.

Anyways, I received connections and dialed the house he was in. I fixed my hair, maybe I should put my hair down, and look nice. So I did.

The dials of the phone was like my heart on the line, if he didn't answer it would stay steady just like it. It took him forever, so I almost hung up, I guess he didn't want to talk. I sighed and reached the phone part back in it's place until I heard a
    "Hello?" And Ash's face came up. My heart jumps a little seeing his face. Damn, has he grown.
    "Ash!" I grasped the phone and widened my eyes.
    "Misty!" He smiles widely.
    "Uh-How are you?!" I stuttered.
    Ash was also stammering. "I'm fine! And how are you?" He asked.
    "Oh, you know..still bad..with ma sisters." I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.
    "Wow, this is so unexpected." He laughed again. "Yeah." I nodded.
    "What's up?" He acted like I only called to ask for something, not because I miss him. I frowned. "Ash do you know what day is it?"
    He slant's his lips. "Not really, what is it?" He asked. I sigh. "Ash, we met on this day!"
    "Right! Well, happy anniversary, Misty." He laughed. I sighed again. "Misty...what's wrong?" He asked, leaning his face towards the screen.
    "You." I muttered.
    "Did I say something offensive?" He asked, concerned. "How could you? You act like you don't care, you were my first best friend, and I'm pretty sure I was too, and you don't have time to stop in and say hi." I let it all out.
    "Misty...you know that's not true. It's just I'm really busy. Let's not forget I'm far away." He said apologetically.
    "Whatever. I'm going to bed." I mumbled.
    "Wait Misty, it's just that..." He began.
    "Just what?" I crossed my arms.
    "It's just that, I miss you so much, I try so hard not to think about it, that's why I don't call." He fiddled with his fingers, looking embarrassed.
    "Really now? Me too, Ash. More then you know. Except you don't know.." I whispered.
    Last edited by OfCorsola; 10th April 2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

I love it!! Great job, and I can't wait for the rest!
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Is this a one shot or a chaptered fic? I think this story would also look a lot better if you put some space in between the dialogue. Makes your fic look a lot cleaner and will be easier to read. Mistakes can also be sorted out much more quickly. I think you got an interesting turn with this. Reunion fics are pretty popular but making Misty feel as if Ash has forgotten her or wants nothing to do with her was a nice touch. Makes me hope that that isn't the case. He probably thinks about her everyday.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    Pokeshipper9000 here! As you may know, yesterday marks the 17th anniversary where Ash and Misty first met! I decided to make a fic about it right here. It takes place in Kalos/Kanto where Misty is in Kanto and Ash is in Kalos, obviously.
    Misty's POV

Did he forget?

No, he couldn't have...not for the 4th time. Out of all the times we had this day he was super busy so I could understand. This time he has to answer me though..we haven't talked in ages.
    He knows your phone number, address, region, city, time, Misty, he just doesn't want to talk to you. My conscious lurked into my thoughts, trying to lower myself esteem. Well, that is what it does best. I remember every April First for the past few 4 years, I would stand next to the PC for hours just waiting for a call from Ash. That's the guy, Ash Ketchum. Surely he isn't busy now. He has got to call.

He hasn't though, the day is almost over, and I've been staring at the clock forever now.

"Misty, get to bed, it's like eleven pm." Daisy stood infront of me, hands on her hips and agitated. "You go to bed, don't worry about me." I said, crouching down, knees drawn to my chest. She flipped her silky, gold, hair and swifted into the next room, and I could hear her murmer "Whatever."

I then thought, hey, why don't I call him? I shouldn't be, but I just want to hear from him. Hear his sweet tone that used to ring by me every night I think about him. I haven't heard his voice since the last time we talked, probably in Sinnoh I think?

I wanted to see his sharp, raven hair, that matched the pitch darkness of my empty soul, lonely with out him. I sound depressing, right? Well, obviously I am.

Anyways, I received connections and dialed the house he was in. I fixed my hair, maybe I should put my hair down, and look nice. So I did.

The dials of the phone was like my heart on the line, if he didn't answer it would stay steady just like it. It took him forever, so I almost hung up, I guess he didn't want to talk. I sighed and reached the phone part back in it's place until I heard a "Hello?" Ash's face came up. My heart jumps a little seeing his face. Damn, has he grown.

"Ash!" I grasped the phone and widened my eyes.

"Misty!" He smiles widely.

"Uh-How are you?!" I stuttered.

Ash was also stammering. "I'm fine! And how are you?" He asked.

"Oh, you know..still bad..with ma sisters." I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

"Wow, this is so unexpected." He laughed again. "Yeah." I nodded.

"What's up?" He acted like I only called to ask for something, not because I miss him. I frowned. "Ash do you know what day is it?"

He slants his lips. "Not really, what is it?" He asked. I sigh. "Ash, we met on this day!"

"Right! Well, happy anniversary, Misty." He laughed. I sighed again. "Misty...what's wrong?" He asked, leaning his face towards the screen.

"You." I muttered.

"Did I say something offensive?" He asked, concerned.

How could you? You act like you don't care, you were my first best friend, and I'm pretty sure I was too, and you don't have time to stop in and say hi." I let it all out.

"Misty...you know that's not true. It's just I'm really busy. Let's not forget I'm far away." He said apologetically.

"Whatever. I'm going to bed." I mumbled.

"Wait Misty, it's just that..." He began.

"Just what?" I crossed my arms.

"It's just that, I miss you so much, I try so hard not to think about it, that's why I don't call." He fiddled with his fingers, looking embarrassed.

"Really now? Me too, Ash. More then you know. Except you don't know.." I whispered.
    I helped you by adding proper paragraphing, as well as fixing one minor spelling mistake. As you see, it's much easier to read now if you leave some open space after each time a character talks. I'd say it's best to begin a new paragraph when another character talks. I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    Is this a one shot or a chaptered fic? I think this story would also look a lot better if you put some space in between the dialogue. Makes your fic look a lot cleaner and will be easier to read. Mistakes can also be sorted out much more quickly. I think you got an interesting turn with this. Reunion fics are pretty popular but making Misty feel as if Ash has forgotten her or wants nothing to do with her was a nice touch. Makes me hope that that isn't the case. He probably thinks about her everyday.
    Well, I can understand why Misty feels like Ash has forgotten about her or wants nothing to do with her. In the anime, Ash didn't have any contact with Misty since AG, so I wouldn't blame Misty for fearing that. Of course Ash still cares about Misty, but Misty can't know what Ash is thinking about in regions far away from Kanto.

Thanks, this was my first time uploading a fic on Serebii so I was confused on the formatting. I do separate my dialogue on FF.net. And yes this is a one shot.

That was really good. I hope there's more where that came from.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Don't forget that in this section fics are required to have a rating on them. So if you could edit one into the first post that'd be great

Sorry about that ! I goofed and forgot. But thank you for reminding me, just updated it!