Welcome to our General Pokemon Discussion
section! This section is where you can talk about the Pokemon universe and everything that happens in it.
Before posting, though, let's look at the General Pokemon Discussion Rules:
- Obey all the Standard Forum Rules:
This means no spamming, no flaming, no foul language, no double posting, no bumping old threads, all that good stuff.
- No threads about just one single Pokemon:
Every Pokemon doesn't need a whole thread to discuss it. If we did that, the forum would be crammed with way too many little Pokemon threads! That's why we have this Official Pokemon Discussion thread
- No remake or next-generation speculation threads:
We have a news thread for upcoming game reveals, so until there's actual information to talk about, we don't allow prediction threads. Even then, they would belong in their own newly made section. This includes third-installment game wishlists.
- No individual versus threads:
We see these pop up quite a bit, and most of the time the two Pokemon in question have no relation to each other whatsoever. So, we've decided to make a collaborative Versus Thread! You can find it here
- Don't make a reply about how "Pokemon isn't real" or "It's just a game:"
We already know that. This section is for using your imagination and pretending about the Pokemon world. If you only post to rain on everybody's parade, you'll be infracted for spamming. (We also have a lot of trouble with "New is better than old!" threads. It's not a fact, and we don't need you to tell us about it. If you like a particular early generation of Pokemon, go post in that section - not here.)
- Do not ask about specific Pokemon Games!
We expect that almost everybody here plays the Pokemon games. But that's why this forum has specific sections for each Pokemon game! See the Link Terminal below for links to game sections. If you have a general question, use the Pokemon Questions thread
- If you make a thread that goes missing... check the Closed Thread Container!
Since this section always gets threads that don't follow the rules, we'll begin merging all closed threads into one big closed thread. If you don't see your thread anywhere, be sure to check the closed thread container linked above.
Directions for locating a "lost" thread: On your profile page, click the "Statistics" tab. There, you'll see a link labeled "Find all posts by [your username]." Clicking on this will show you every post you've ever made, including the opening post of threads you've made and cannot find. Following these links will take you to your thread/post, wherever it was merged or moved. The only time you won't find your thread/post is if an Admin hard-deleted it, which is an extremely rare occurence. If you've followed these directions and still can't find your thread/post, PM a moderator of this section for help.
How To Post A Thread In GPD: In order to avoid having your thread closed as explained above, here are some thread-making tips.
- First, be sure you understand all of the above rules for threads. We can't be any clearer than saying "No threads about _____!"
- Second, make sure you've had a look at the Link Terminal below. A lot of the ideas you want to post in this section belong somewhere else, and we graciously provide you links to everywhere you'll want to go.
- Third, speaking of posting in the right place, we have a section for Polls! If your thread is asking a question that people can answer in just a few words - questions like "What did you use your Master Ball on?" or "What do you think is the least useful Ability?" - it's a Poll, and belongs in our Poke Polls subforum.
- Fourth, look at all of our threads first, and don't make one that is a copy of a thread that already exists. We're not going to want two threads about what it would be like if you had real Pokemon, and we will close any copy threads that get made.
- Fifth and finally, a good thread is one that gets a lot of people talking and interacting together about Pokemon. Some ideas posted here are very common, very old, or very simple, and they just make everybody roll their eyes and groan. If your thread is a dud, it'll probably be closed - so learn how to make a discussion, instead of a simple comment!
Here's our Link Terminal
, where you can jump to all the important Pokemon places on this forum. Look here before you make a thread!
You'll surely find something useful.
Pokemon World Stuff:
Pokemon On The TV:
If you have any questions, please PM RaZoR LeAf, Kirby, Virtual Headache, or Shining Mew.