Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: League Unleashed! (651)

It was obvious that Heracross will beat Kricktune due to higher stats, and as for the trainer with the Darkrai, all I have to say is.... dang. o.o
    Anyone who uses an uber in the Pokemon league is automatically the winner.

The battle was pretty average. It wasn't anything special and it didn't really have me excited for the rest of the Sinnoh League. I did enjoy seeing Heracross and Kricktune go back and forth at the end though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

So the league has officially begun! Not too impressed with the battle - what they did show was good, but seriously? Team Rocket selling candy is that important?

That woman who was instructing Team Rocket and stuff about their stalls had a hilarious voice.

Its nice to see all of the rivals again. Paul is rude as always, Barry is hilarious and Conway is just creepy.

One thing I noticed, when Barry won his battle, the commentator said "And he scores, which means Barry moves on to round two!". Last time I checked, this was the Sinnoh League, not a football match. What happened to "Probopass is unable to battle"?

Decent episode. The battle could have been better, but Nando already got huge spotlight in the Grand Festival.

The character development in the episode was good. We saw everyone, and we were introduced to unknowntrainer. I hope he gets a good name.

8.5/10.

It's good to see the writers are continuing to make horrible battles. I have been seriously dissapointed at the battles we had ever since I was enlightened to what they could be and what they really are.

It seems the only effort that is put into making battles is the important ones such as Ash vs. Paul and Ash vs. Takuto, well, Infernape vs. Electivire and Pikachu vs. Latios.

Especially in the Sinnoh League I want to see masterful tactics. Spectacular bouts of strength. Masterful displays of passion. Not Pokémon X uses move A. Pokémon Y uses move B. Pokémon A fainted. Severely disspointing battle.

0/10 in terms of the battle.

On the other hand the character interaction was great. Conway never fails to entertain me with his creepiness. Barry was also great with his hyper-activity. Paul is as much of a jerk as ever. Glad to see the writer can put some effort into the show.

I really don't remember Nando talking the way he did but I can't complain, it was a great voice for someone like him.

7/10
    Last edited by yeminied; 28th November 2010 at 12:20 AM.

Great episode IMO.

Back when Nando first debuted in the Saga, there was a topic of who do you think will be pokemon sinnoh league champion.

I pegged Nando.. he was different then mosr trainers we had seen in the anime and stuck out to me.. so I pegged that he would win back then. Good Luck in your travels Nando

Loved of Team Rocket had such a great idea... they really do know how to succed in things,.. even thoguh they just can't shake ever leavign Team Rocket.

Take a step and we're on our way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

And so the Sinnoh League has begun.

Ash's Quliava has picked up a new move such as Aerial Ace. Impressive. Nando has him in his boots but he managed to win. Heracross dueling with Kriticune has really got him excited.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

This episode was great. The battle between Ash and Nando was awesome. Quite interesting that Ash's pokemon learned so many new moves like Quilava's Aerial Ace as well as Heracross' Focus Punch and Sleep Talk.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This episode can be summed up in one word: FACES. The thing that got my attention the most was the faces that the spectators were making. They all look like they were hypnotized or something.

In other news, Staraptor still sounds like it's going through puberty. So be it. And am I the only person here who's curious as to what accent Nando's supposed to have?

You know, I wonder if Team Rocket has ever considered trying out for The Apprentice. At this point, they seem more like businessmen than evildoers. Par for the course, I suppose.

It was okay... nothing to spectacular except for the fact that that Nando felt alive during Kricketune vs Heracross.

Random : PokéRadar

i think they should have skipped the Ash or team Rocket part and make the Armaldo vs Quilava part longer.

Criketune VS Heracross Was awesome.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

I thought their battle was awesome mainly the kricketune v heracross battle but I wish quilava did much better than it did, I was expecting it to take out one guy and severly damage another or something like that at least
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post
    It's good to see the writers are continuing to make horrible battles. I have been seriously dissapointed at the battles we had ever since I was enlightened to what they could be and what they really are.

It seems the only effort that is put into making battles is the important ones such as Ash vs. Paul and Ash vs. Takuto, well, Infernape vs. Electivire and Pikachu vs. Latios.

Especially in the Sinnoh League I want to see masterful tactics. Spectacular bouts of strength. Masterful displays of passion. Not Pokémon X uses move A. Pokémon Y uses move B. Pokémon A fainted. Severely disspointing battle.

0/10 in terms of the battle.
    I'll give you most of that for this one, but come on, don't you think you're being a bit OTT there? Heracross Vs Kricketune was a pretty good battle. It had passion and an acceptable amount of strategy (Sleep Talk, Megahorning the ground etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

The Sinnoh League has finally gone underway! Today is a good day to die!!!

- Staraptor VS Roserade. FIGHT!!
    - Looks like this time, Nando gets the initiative in this fight. Roserade opens up with Sweet Scent, in which Staraptor couldn't get away from in time.
    - Roserade fires off its Solarbeam at Staraptor, who's still under the ill effects of Sweet Scent, & gets a square-on hit. That's a hell of a rocky start...
    - Eventually, Staraptor recovers & delivers a Brave Bird in retaliation. The end result? Roserade gets instagibbed! That was quick.
    - Time for a breather; We then find out that TR are taking up selling some food to the hungry people. The problem? They got the worst location: far away from the rest of the stalls.
    - Meowth had this "brilliant" idea of travelling to the rest of the marketplace to give away free samples to some of the other people. That actually drew a crowd, & got the word of mouth going.
    - Soon after, they manage to rake in the Bling-Bling, & that's something that the manager took note, & thus began consideration of offering them a better stall. But enough of that - back to the fight!
    - Staraptor VS Armaldo. FIGHT!!
    - Staraptor gets up close & personal with, what else? Close Combat! But alas, Armaldo puts up his Coward's Shield, a.k.a. Protect, just before it can connect...
    - Armaldo counters with Stone Edge, & with that, Staraptor is done for...
    - Armaldo VS Quilava. FIGHT!!
    - Quilava opened up with its fire moves, but after that, it's pretty much all blurry for me...
    - Soon after, they brawl out with Armaldo's Fury Cutter & Quilava's Aerial Ace, but the end result is a double kill... It's getting a little better, though.
    - Back in the bleachers, Barry makes his presence known, & so does Conway the Stalker. Man, that guy just won't stay off their backs!
    - Aside from that, Barry gives them new intel about a "Super Trainer" so to speak, that posesses a Darkrai, of all the Pokémon in this charade, & was always able to win every single fight with Darkrai. That tells me that he's a cheap-skate...
    - Anyhow... FINAL ROUND! Heracross VS Kricketune. FIGHT TO THE DEATH, DAMMIT!!!
    - Kricketune starts things off with sing, stopping Heracross' Megahorn dead in his tracks.
    - However, that doesn't mean that he's helpless, as Ash came prepared & got Heracross to learn Sleep Talk. That caught Kricketune off-guard, & thus took a Focus Punch to the chin. Yeowch!
    - Even better, Heracross awakened soon after.
    - Now here comes the best part: More chaos, in the form of another toe-to-toe fight, with Kricketune's Fury Cutter & Heracross' Focus Punch. That's what we're talknig about!
    - & finally Heracross ends it with a Megahorn that ends up flinging Kricketune skywards. Friggin' awesome!

Ash's part in this league started with a bang in spite of some of the quickest fights that I've ever seen. Paul, unsurprisingly swept his competition 3-0. Still, this had just begun...

Amazing battle! The best example of a real head to head battle....and its just beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Amazing battle! The best example of a real head to head battle....and its just beginning
    Yeah, this is the worst battle of the league, you won't be disappointed with the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Sweet episode. I never saw the 'Sleep Punch' coming - pretty clever move Ash!

Conway is just a creepy perv though, and this Darkrai trainer is just a cheapskate [surely Legendaries should be against League rules?]... but oh wells.

Can't wait to see Barry get knocked off his squealing perch and for the final Ash VS Paul match!

Barry: HEY, GUYS! GUESS WHAT?? THERE WAS A REALLY STRONG TRAINER WHO USED A DARKRAI AND BEAT ALL OF HIS OPPONENTS WITH IT! IT WAS REALLY AWESOME!!!

Dawn: Go, Ash! You can do it!

Barry: HEY, why aren't you listening to me? Huh? Well, what do you know, Ash is having a battle!

*facepalm* LOLZ

Banner by Astral Shadow; Profile Pic by FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    Barry: HEY, GUYS! GUESS WHAT?? THERE WAS A REALLY STRONG TRAINER WHO USED A DARKRAI AND BEAT ALL OF HIS OPPONENTS WITH IT! IT WAS REALLY AWESOME!!!

Barry: HEY, why aren't you listening to me? Huh? Well, what do you know, Ash is having a battle!

*facepalm* LOLZ
    That moment alone was golden

Barry FTW 17/10
    BUCKLE UP FOR BEST WISHES TWO! (AND THE LEAGUE IS HERE!!! )

If you think that the Sinnoh saga was the worst saga yet, copy & paste this to your sig. (Started by Yankees4life)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    That moment alone was golden

Barry FTW 17/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post

*facepalm* LOLZ
    That was a golden moment.

It looks like Ash is finally thinking about what he does in battles.

Great counter strategy by Ash... He predicted that Nando would choose Kricketune as his last pokemon and it would undoubtedly use sing so he chose Heracross with sleep talk. That was execllent thinking being a step ahead

Good episode I agree the Barry quote was pricelesss I love Barry i think hes great. Shame Nando lost I wish he could have stuck around further but Ash had to win otherwise there wouldnt be any point really. Conway still creeps me out though but love how he sneaks up on them. So funny. Cant wait to see the rest of the Sinnoh league

Wow, Team Rocket are foreshadowing their Black/White attitude. They managed to steal something and something actually meaningful. The screentime of our beloved Quilava. Just 'cos you gave it ten years of screentime last episode doesn't mean you can begin trolling it again now >:-[
    I was really unhappy at this episode. The 8th gym battle was pretty bad and could have been a filler episode if you take out Volkner and Flint. This was like it in that it was really about Heracross and its new moves and had battling that would be no stranger to a filler-episode. The only thing I could say I liked is Amarldo's X-scissor where it pulled its arms inside itself and the came out all energised and epic-looking. Heracross-Kricketune was good but Nando's crowning acheivement was certainly the grand festival. Here its a simple: "Damn, I got haxed by Ash's plot power. Ah, well I'll go trololol singing on my way never to be seen again." as a goodbye. The goodbye itself was rushed with no emotion or sudden realisation of what battling is about.
    This was a poor sendoff to Sinnoh's "Most-Potential-Wasted Winner.
    Lets pretend this was Nando's semifinal loss at the GF where he gives a short song about his realisation of both battle types. Then he leaves. This episode never happened everybody. Its just a random hole in history that was, accidentally, never-filled. We all know that Ash will battle Paul and Nando never-needed to battle. The tragic tale of his disappearance from this islnd will never be known. Goodbye, Nando. Now bring me the good battles I waited 4 years for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Just watched this episode again and I have to say, I don't remember Quilava and Armaldo getting screwed over this badly the first time. At least they had some screentime, but I still think it would have been better if they had used Heracross vs. Kricketune in the middle and then used Quilava and Armaldo as the final battle.

It also occurs to me that I never worried about things like screentime and good battles/bad battles until I came here to the forums...
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

This episode was cool. The Ash vs Nando battle was great. Interesting how it was a tie between Armaldo and Quilava. It was cool that Quilava knocked Armaldo out with an Aeriel Ace attack. Odd how Quilava knew that attack as a Fire-Type Pokemon. It was cool to see Heracross using Sleep Talk after being put to sleep, and then being able to use Focus Punch. The Megahorn attack being used into the ground was so cool. It was cool to see Darkrai for the 1st time. Conway was again his creepy self, popping up and scaring Dawn.

86/100

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast