Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: League Unleashed! (651)

Wow the appearance of Darkrai was really startling.....wonder who is its trainer???

How disappointing...we barely got to see Quilava, and I thought it would star (with Armaldo being Nando's last pokemon). In fact, we saw practically everything that mattered in the preview, just not in order. And what was the point of giving Quilava flame wheel and eruption if we never see those moves again (at this pace, I can't imagine Quilava getting another battle)?

Best part of the episode was seeing Darkrai for 2 seconds, and how scared everyone was of it (along with the music, haha).
    My Pearl Friend Code:
    0989 3415 2664

Just saw the actual episode and indeed the battle was nothing special, the best part was Heracross vs Kriketune.

Straptor fight was totally rushed like 1min fight it ended fast like hell, Quilava vs Armaldo fight was interrupted to show Team Rocket selling candy then it comes back they are already tired and knock each other out with one attack... seriously this was so rushed and with the revelation that PAul vs Barry will be 3vs3 we now know Ash vs Conway will be the same, damn... even in 3vs3 they have to rush things?

Couldnt they just ****ing ignore team rocket selling candy, who the hell cares i doubt that 1 ****ing fan of the series prefers loosing 5 minutes of a 22 minutes episode with Team Rocket selling candy.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

/end rant

The rest was cool i liked Conway and Barry appearing and the revelation of Darkrai and Heracross fight ofc it was awesome specially the ending but even Heracross fight was fast in my opinion, i would love if the battles were like battle frontier and actually take some time, its incredible how a pokemon can be a ****ing tank in a fight and get one shoted in another just because of rushing.

Okay, what the heck? I can say is this.

They skip several parts of Quilava's battle? It evolved and learned new moves. The next thing they do is cut off its battle with some TR filler scenes? I call blasphemy!

Least Heracross is the saving grace of this battle and not to mention the star of it. Ash picking it because it knows Sleep Talk and figured that Nando would put his Pokemon to sleep shows how much he thinks ahead. He definitely show much he improved.

I really get the feeling that they are rushing this arc so that BW can start on time. This battle seemed much less impressive than previous ones in other leagues. I feel bad for poor quilava, next to no screen time. I hope he's in at least one more battle...
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Okey, we have seen the first of the hyped Sinnoh-legaue eps and the first verdict is to be made...

Good things:
    * Ash remembering his Sinnoh- gym battles
    * The Johto- Pokemons return to glory. Heracross is one powerhouse alright.
    * Barry freaking out over the LT and the Pokemon in specific.
    * Conway´s parts, if you want to stalk someone, ask him for help!

Bad things:
    * Some parts of the battle Ash vs. Nando was to rushed
    * TR hogging the screen for I don´t know how many minutes - doing - absolutly nothing of importance!
    * The general feeling that this tournament will be very rushed in some parts while being outstanding in other ways.

All in all - 7/10
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonloverXD View Post
    They only showed 1 board with 8 trainers so I thought that it's already top 8
    No, they showed 1 board with 8 pairs, so 16 trainers.
    Black 2 FC: 2452 3367 9936
    White 2 FC: 3225 9990 2378

I am choosing to remain indifferent on this episode. For the first time, I think the preview looked better than the outcome in regards to the Staraptor/Roserade battle. There wasn't much to it at all. TR needs to get some skin-eating bacteria or something and go away! They took so much time away from the Quilava/Armaldo battle that I was left really disliking it. Now the saving grace of this episode...the Heracross/Kricketune battle. This was awesome! Heracross proved how much of a freaking beast it is. Secretly I was hoping/wishing that Heracross was imagining it was fighting Swellow like that...damn bird.

Conway and Barry are both awesome. Too bad we didn't see Conway more. I'd really like to know what Ash and Paul talked about.

Let's see...new version of "The Greatest Everyday" is certainly not the greatest! The new ending seemed like they wanted to use "Glory Days" again, but changed the tune at the last minute...either way it sucked.

Quite honestly all I care about the Darkrai trainer is their gender. I'm hoping for a strong female. They gave us Katie in Hoenn, let's hope we get someone strong.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Like everyone else is saying... it sucks hard that the battle got shafted in favor of TR selling candy. Even the Heracross/Kricketune battle felt short.

All scenes with Kouhei were really awesome though. Love that creepy/stalker personality of his XD

For me, it would have been so much better if Team Rocket had only been shown for a few seconds. Oh wells, Barry and Conway were a hoot in it and I loved that scene of Ash waking up in the middle of the night and remembering all his past gym battles.
    The animation was great and some new moves, FYI I think Paul is secretly cheering Ash onXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

first off, question...what was the powder attack that Roserade used? Sweet Scent (to make Staraptor "less evasive")? at first I thought Stun Spore or Sleep Powder, but it didn't really paralyze Staraptor OR put it to sleep...

for the most part, I agree with everyone else's reaction to the episode. after really enjoying DP 182, the Ash VS Nando battle made this episode a HUGE disappointment. I'm fine with there being fewer trainers in the Sinnoh League and therefore no preliminary rounds...but if we're gonna dive right into 3 VS 3, I expect a LOT better than this! This PALED in comparison to Ash VS Macey, Jackson, and the Hoenn League double battles. The biggest shame is undoubtedly Quilava's battle getting shafted for TR time...what's the point of showing Quilava learn an impressive move like Eruption if it's never gonna be used in an actual battle? ARGH!

The bright sides: I do like how the legendary trainer is being handled. Not only does the audience already know what kind of competition is in store, but Ash and Barry both know as well. They understand what a threat Darkrai presents. I'm also glad that the Sinnoh League's last-minute-big-rival/competitor is someone ominous and eerie, a refreshing change from the ever-so-bland Harrison and Tyson. Ash's gym recap was a welcome moment too.

Despite a couple good elements, I still think this episode was a terrible start to the Sinnoh League...Ash VS Nando was one of the most disappointing League battles ever.
    Last edited by phoenix12; 2nd July 2010 at 12:27 AM.

I'm disappointed with how this episode turned out. Quilava was cheated for Team Rocket screen time? Really, We've been waiting to see Ash with a Quilava since Johto, he finally get's one and his battle is really short and he can't even beat one of Nando's Pokemon without taking himself out? Well so much for Quilava.

The best part's of this episode were Barry, Conway, and Heracross. Heracross is easily the best thing that came out of Johto. The legendary mystery trainer who Uses Darkrai, I wonder if he/she only has Darkrai as a strong Pokemon? Nah he/she can't be like Drake the Dragonite Trainer.

Overall I'm shocked how rushed this league feels. Without Barry, Conway, and Heracross this episode....well let's all hope the next one's are really good. I'm still being optimistic.

So team rocket stole all of the Ash and Nando's battle time thats cool(sarcasm) aside from that the episode was okay. Barry and Conway's interactions were pretty funny Conway was pretty funny himself but the battle between Ash and Nando was pretty dissapointing. I mean OHKO on Roserade cutting Quilava's battle with Armaldo the Johto Starters always get the short end of the stick. But Heracross's battle with Kricketune made up for it I can't wait until Paul's battle with Barry hopefully its better then this battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    They skip several parts of Quilava's battle? It evolved and learned new moves. The next thing they do is cut off its battle with some TR filler scenes? I call blasphemy!

Least Heracross is the saving grace of this battle and not to mention the star of it. Ash picking it because it knows Sleep Talk and figured that Nando would put his Pokemon to sleep shows how much he thinks ahead. He definitely show much he improved.
    I agree with the Quilava thing.. it learned three new moves and evolved and what did we see? One move and over to the next battle? If it doesn't get anything else, I'd be disappointed at least a bit more then I was at Naruto Shippuden 167. (for a taste of the animation miracles in Naruto Shippuden 167, follow this linky right here: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4195/paink.png

For the record, totally called Sleep Talk when people were saying that it was focussing.. Ups the chances of Ash using it against Darkrai by 300&#37; in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    first off, question...what was the powder attack that Roserade used? Sweet Scent (to make Staraptor "less evasive")? at first I thought Stun Spore or Sleep Powder, but it didn't really paralyze Staraptor OR put it to sleep...

The bright sides: I do like how the legendary trainer is being handled. Not only does the audience already know what kind of competition is in store, but Ash and Barry both know as well. They understand what a threat Darkrai presents. I'm also glad that the Sinnoh League's last-minute-big-rival/competitor is someone ominous and eerie, a refreshing change from the ever-so-bland Harrison and Tyson. Ash's gym recap was a welcome moment too.

Despite a couple good elements, I still think this episode was a terrible start to the Sinnoh League...Ash VS Nando was one of the most disappointing League battles ever.
    Good call on the Sweet Scent thing, it does make sense and the animation in the games is pink right, but Magical Leaf never misses, so why go through the hassle of using Sweet Scent?

I agree with you on Ash vs. Nando.. really a waste while Nando had made such a name for himself during the Grand Festival versus Zoey..

Lol, Team Rocket's subplot came to no surprise to me after I made an epic post about the logistics and costs/revenue that comes along with these leagues... And what do we get: a salescoordinatorlady and a marketing plan meeting for the league merchandise stores, strategically placed around the arena's! Well well, well, Hoennmaster owes me an apology, or not, his choice.. Obviously the logistics and the economical side of these things do get touched upon! xD

The title of this episode should've been different:

It shouldn't have been 'League opening! Ash vs. Nando!!'

but rather:

'League opening! How to efficiently market to the foolish audiences during a large national scale sportsevent!!!'

Or:

'League opening! Taking lessons from Coke!!!'
    'League opening! Wave yo flags!!!'
    Last edited by Locormus; 2nd July 2010 at 1:54 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Wow, boring animation and battle. I miss when they actually ANIMATED THINGS BETTER and played suspenseful music without rushing through the "less important fights" such as this one. This battle was over so quickly and was the most rushed one thus far, probably.

I'm disappointed. Hoenn league was amazing, but this is just... crap at best so far (as was the Grand Festival. Hoenn's GF was amazing). Please do Jun justice because I love him. <3

New version of Saikou Everyday is not very good. It feels too deep and the beats are very, very weird. They butchered my absolute favorite opening. ;; Also, like 99.999999% of the watchers (if not 100%), I'm pretty displeased with them giving Team Rocket so much screentime. I can't believe I'm saying this as someone who is a huge TR fan, but if they're just going to sell candy and/or steal Pikachu but fail, then we don't need them on the show. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Yuko; 2nd July 2010 at 3:06 AM.

although I don't speak/understand Japanese, there was one nifty bit of info I managed to catch: when Ash, Brock, and Dawn are sitting together outside at the beginning of the episode, Brock says something about the type of Pokemon Nando uses (you can hear him say "type" several times)...I'm assuming he's talking about how Nando tends to use bug and grass type Pokemon, because Ash responds with a list of his Pokemon that are strong against those types: Onigoori (Glalie), Magumarashi (Quilava), Gokuzaru (Infernape), Mukuhawk (Staraptor), and...Oosubame (Swellow)!

I realize this is pretty minor, but the fact that Ash mentioned Swellow does further extinguish any concern anyone should have about him "forgetting" or "ignoring" some of his Pokemon just because they didn't appear in the intro or DP 182

First Heatran, and then Darkrai! What the hey!
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Heracross was epic and Conway is still hilarious. Also can't wait to see LT in action. This is shaping up to be the best league ever.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I think that there's a possibility that the legendary trainer is really just using a Zoroark. I mean seriously that would be an awesome way of introducing 5th into the anime. Also who was that lady with Purple hair? It just seemed so random that they showed her on multiple occasions just starting at nothing. It looks like she may be some important character whose role will appear a few epsoides later.

Quote Originally Posted by lover4latias View Post
    Heracross was epic and Conway is still hilarious. Also can't wait to see LT in action. This is shaping up to be the best league ever.
    Conway is thankfully still hilarious since he's not overused...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

oh fiddelsticks Team Rocket!! You have finally stolen something significantly important after all these years!! Just watch yourselves because hell hath no fury like a Quilava deprived of screentime!!

All anger aside...this ep. disappointed me like no other. Roserade one-shotted? um...lol wut? Then Darkrai turns out to be the LT's Pokemon and not Heatran? So I'm guessing gigantic volcano lizard/salamander thingies are just commonplace? Yaok writers...Team Rocket ^see above. Staraptor getting pwn3d by Protect/Stone Edge, also lol?

Only good thing to come of this is Heracross proving once again that he should never have been Oaked during the early days of Johto. Thank you Mr. Rhino Beetle, your prowess and skill have saved more than just Ash's first round flub up...
    Buizel=Super Special Awesome!, Hooray for Buizel the Sea Weasel!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    I think that there's a possibility that the legendary trainer is really just using a Zoroark. I mean seriously that would be an awesome way of introducing 5th into the anime. Also who was that lady with Purple hair? It just seemed so random that they showed her on multiple occasions just starting at nothing. It looks like she may be some important character whose role will appear a few epsoides later.
    do you mean...TR's Sinnoh League boss...? there's an entire scene towards the beginning of the episode where she's shown explaining which League workers are in charge of which concession stands

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    do you mean...TR's Sinnoh League boss...? there's an entire scene towards the beginning of the episode where she's shown explaining which League workers are in charge of which concession stands
    Oh sorry. I missed like the first five minutes of the episode.

-Yada yada intro crap yada...wait, what's this? The remix of the opening...it's actually GOOD? It's Christmas in July!
    -Ash and co are continuing their futile attempts to be civil with Paul, I see.
    -Ash, just go to sleep. Your little brain shouldn't try to think too hard about whatever it is Paul said.
    -Ahaha they chose Aipom of all things to be part of Ash's gym flashback sequence. And Gliscor. The writers are just trolling everyone with that, I swear.
    -Ash is ready for his battle, but enough of that. Here comes Jun!
    -Once again I have no idea what Jun was going on about, but once again I find him hilarious anyway.
    -And not a minute later, it's...Conway! This League is going to be the best League ever, isn't it?
    -Aw, TR's salemanship is going to waste in a quiet corner of the League grounds.
    -I love how the writers care enough to keep bringing in Mr. Goodshow with every League. Would anyone even notice if he was left out for once?
    -Nothing builds tension like having Ash suck terribly the instant the battle starts.
    -And Ash turns things around immediately after the commercial break. But that was only the first of Nando's Pokemon, so I'm sure Ash won't get to do this well for too long.
    -Armaldo's sent out, and...Staraptor is down!
    -Barry takes a minute to alert Brock and Dawn to big news about the Legendary Trainer!...which they don't care about.
    -It's really weird seeing Ash use a non-Sinnoh Pokemon for a change. I know Quilava needs to do something, but it still feels really out of place.
    -Armaldo and Quilava knock each other out. I'm...honestly having trouble being excited by this battle even though I know I should be. I think it's because I don't care about Nando and it's obvious Ash isn't losing here.
    -HOLY HELL CONWAY FROM NOWHERE. He was crouching behind Dawn's seat the entire match. And nobody noticed him. That...that's great. Really, it is.
    -Wait, did Heracross just use Sleep Talk or something?
    -Kricketune is down. Can Nando get the hell out of the anime now?
    -Ash wins, everyone cheers, and Conway sinks back down to wherever he was hiding. Why? Because...well, he's Conway.

Not exactly the best League battle I've ever seen. It's really telling that I cared more about the random Jun and Conway appearances than I did about the match. Sure, I love my zany side-characters, but if the battle had actually been interesting I wouldn't have cared about them more than I did the battle. Then again, the writers basically shoved Nando out of the way as soon as they could, so hopefully the real rivals will get more interesting battles.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I thought this episode was okay. It could've been better though if TR wasn't shown at all. Quilava should've gotten a win instead of a tie. I mean, it just evolve. So why make it lose a battle? Anyway, the battle between Heracross and Kricketune was the best part of the episode. And I'm guessing that this mysterious trainer with the Darkrai will prevent Ash from winning the Sinnoh League.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast